September 23, 2026

Sunrise.

IMG_0798 (1)

IMG_0805 (1)

43 comments:

RCOCEAN II said...

Great pictures. Thanks for taking and posting them.

Leland said...

I got a jury summons from the City of Houston this week. I managed to get out of it, because I don’t live in the City of Houston. I did think it funny the first question asks if you are a resident and then suggests, “if you don’t receive city services you may not be a resident”. With modern Democrats running such cities, I assume not getting services from the city is because they consider me rich and white and therefore undeserving of equal service.

Eva Marie said...

You could have been A Lone Juror!

Eva Marie said...

For quite some time I’ve been getting a question mark in place of one or two of the photos. I see the photo when I click on it but I wonder what’s changed.

Breezy said...

Questioning Photography

Sydney said...

I am also experiencing missing photos.

Eva Marie said...

@Breezy: lol

Indefinitely Extended Excursion™️ said...

Ten-Year Treasury Yield Reaches 19-Year High Amid Broad Bonds Selloff ~ WSJ
𝘛𝘩𝘦 10-𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘢𝘴 5.14%, 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘑𝘶𝘭𝘺 2007

They are running 6-7% deficits during full employment, an asset boom and a recent easing bias in monetary policy. Why are people surprised?

Debt fueled growth is getting more expensive. The market can keep selling a lot longer than Bessent's Treasury can keep buying. The market knows that; Bessent should. A weak hand is being revealed.

Original Mike said...

Trump: "We're going to buy Greenland!"
Denmark: "Absolutely not, Greenland is not for sale! But you can have it for free"

Aggie said...

Elizabeth Holmes will be leaving the Federal Prison in Bryan and moving to a tony, uptown halfway house near Austin next August. So she has plenty of time to brush up on her eye contact and contralto-voice skill sets.

Eva Marie said...

I love this (via CFP)
https://x.com/PapiTrumpo/status/2102441137986277834/video/1?s=46

Dave Begley said...

On Kalshi, Mike Rogers has only a 26% chance of winning the MI Senate race.

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

Tom's new movie "Digger" (2026) is either loved or reviled.

Eva Marie said...

I watched the previews. Tom Cruise takes risks. Eyes Wide Shut, Vanilla Sky. Whether it ends up being good or bad, it looks like he had fun making it.

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

Police1 : "Woman who struck cruiser drinks urine-contaminated toilet water in attempt to alter breath test results"
"In spite of her efforts, the breath test showed a blood alcohol level of 0.26; the woman was taken into custody after crashing into a Charlottesville PD cruiser with an officer inside
September 21, 2026"

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

"Digger" feels like a Citizen Kane reboot.
Then again, everything looks and sounds like a reboot.

Big Mike said...

Ten years ago Rachel Dolezal got caught pretending to be a black person. Well she’s at it again, this time she got caught trying to pretend to be a Palestinian.

Hey Rachel! What’s wrong with being the woke AWFL you already are?

Prof. M. Drout said...

How to people who have seen one "flood the zone" information op after another fail to see whatever the current "flood the zone" information op is? How does the pattern-recognition part of the brain not kick in?
(Hint: when one sort of story is being constantly spammed out with a new variant every day, each one more hyperbolic, it is part of an information op. It should have been obvious that "AI-will-kill-us-all, please put a board of our weirdo cronies in charge of it" was an op, and it should be just as obvious that "latest poll drops Blue TSUNAMI is coming" is an op. A generally reliable guide is how rapidly the topic is pushed by talking-points bots and how similar their talking points are: you can't go by verbal similarity any more, but keep an eye out for the order in which the arguments or pieces of putative 'new information' are arranged.

wendybar said...

I think it is time to send all Progressive women fighting for Hamas to Gaza and let them fight for the women there. Do something for once, instead of blaming America and Israel.

link text

Big Mike said...

@Prof. Drout, regarding AI, the key of my neighbors includes (1) the same playbook as was used for COVID and Anthropogenic Global Warming, both not known even by (especially by?) the non- college educated; (2) learning that the AI firms pushing the “AI will kill us all” narrative wanted to be shielded from liability; and (3) the pictures of the on-the-spectrum people put forward as the proposed board that did it.

Big Mike said...

… both NOW known .

@,Althouse, when do we get Preview back?

Big Mike said...

From X via Instapundit:

“Wesley Yang
@wesyang

You see, when you make note of the fact that violence against trans-identified people has gone down under Trump, (and frame this as a welcome development), that is "anti-trans."

Being "pro-trans" means terrorizing people into baseless panic over non-existent threats because it leads to more donations flowing to trans NGO's”

Eva Marie said...

@Big Mike. It’s not the same woman. They’re calling her the Palestinian Rachel because she did the same thing. She is Hannah Gann, a Philadelphia teacher, who was forced to confess she was a “white woman of significant privilege and wealth” and had no Palestinian background after fellow lefty activists grew suspicious of her background and confronted her.

narciso said...

Have we seen them in the same room

rehajm said...

….although the political betting markets are better funded than previous cycles they are still thinly traded and vulnerable to manipulation with sums easily procured by deep pockets. Add that bad and or manipulative public polling are the material public information. On the flip side it may create modest economic opportunity for those in the know…

rehajm said...

….although the political betting markets are better funded than previous cycles they are still thinly traded and vulnerable to manipulation with sums easily procured by deep pockets. Add that bad and or manipulative public polling are the material public information. On the flip side it may create modest economic opportunity for those in the know…

Ann Althouse said...

Blogger's been hinky about the photographs lately on some browsers. It's not something I can do anything about. I hope it improves. It's annoying!

Ann Althouse said...

I think it's because the assumption is people are reading on phones.

Political Junkie said...

I root for my local baseball team (Texas Rangers) to make the playoffs, but it is sad when they have a losing record and might win their division.

rehajm said...

…they’ve broken the pictures on my phone, too…

rehajm said...

…sometimes a refresh or two pulls them up…

rehajm said...

…is that more sad then being third in the al east 11 games out and making it in early?

rehajm said...

…is that more sad then being third in the al east 11 games out and making it in early?

rehajm said...

…now i’m getting the option for zero publishes or two of them…

Big Mike said...

@Eva Marie, I stand corrected. Thank you for the correction.

Aggie said...

...'She is Hannah Gann, a Philadelphia teacher, who was forced to confess she was a “white woman of significant privilege and wealth” and had no Palestinian background...'

I'm reading it's even worse than that - she's actually Jewish. I wonder if this purity testing and finding a Jew really gave the mob a little 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘯.

Big Mike said...

@Althouse, then why won’t Blogger show me the trashcan iron ashen I use it with Safari (like r Rt ight now)?

Aggie said...

@Big Mike, I'm seeing the trash can on my browser (firefox latest). Sometimes it helps to clear your cache, if you can. This seems to remove many of these irregularities.

wildswan said...

Pictures have trouble loading because they use so much memory. Every year the internet gets more cluttered and needs more speed from its attached devices to work quickly. A new computer or phone usually keeps up but that edge is soon lost. Plus, many computers intended for the internet alone now have only 16G memory and are made such that their memory can’t be increased. This is unfortunate because one way to keep up with the internet is to increase memory. To add to the problem, memory chips are expensive due to AI engulfing the stocks of chips.
Starlink is one solution because it downloads so fast or so I’m told.

Leland said...

Big Mike, I usually don’t get the trashcan in Safari, while I can with most any other browser. I think the answer is that Safari blocks cookies which prevents Blogger from tracking you as the same Big Mike that wrote the previous comment. I don’t know why Blogger doesn’t track by login rather than cookie.

Original Mike said...

"I think the answer is that Safari blocks cookies which prevents Blogger from tracking you"

Interesting.

Original Mike said...

I don't have the trash can, yet I think I have cookies turned on. I do have 3rd party cookies (cross-trackers?) blocked, so maybe it's that.

Jersey Fled said...

… and yet the S&P 500 is up 12.6% this year. After gaining 16.4% last year. Strange that.

Post a Comment

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.