December 31, 2011

The 9 most-read posts on this blog in 2011.

1. "Union thuggery against Althouse and Meade: 'We will hang up wanted posters of you everywhere you like to go.'"

2. "Attack on Althouse at the Wisconsin Capitol singalong."

3. "I receive a threat: 'whoever video taped this has no life and needs to be shot in the head.'"

4. "'I really hope that in the future, people will be able to do more of the 'contrast' and less of the 'compare' with regards to Iraq and Libya.'"

5. "Obama lied about a central fact about his own life which he used — powerfully — to push health care reform."

6. "A 14-year-old girl speaks at the Tea Party rally in Madison and is drowned out by chants, boos, and cowbells."

7. "How much respect did the demonstrators show for the State Capitol grounds?"

8. "18 seconds of raw class warfare."

9. "Protesters at the Wisconsin Capitol disrespectfully have taped signs on and piled junk against the Veterans Memorial."

14 comments:

Phil 314 said...

drum circles and paper mache puppet heads, those are lasting memories.

AmPowerBlog said...

The most read "Althouse" blog posts, you mean. For a second I thought of the entire web.

Chuck66 said...

I think this shows an interest in news about misbehavior/thuggery on the part of left.

shiloh said...

This tidbit initially caught my eye from #1:

Meade and I both keep a Google alert on my name.

It would be interesting to total up the pros and cons re: your name. :D

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. ~ Oscar Wilde

I was hear earlier this year when a couple threads went over 600 posts.

Less is more. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... of all the comments I've posted this year, what percentage have involved my fet, er, impassioned preference? Probably about 80%.

Peter

shiloh said...

here, not hear

Don't want Quaestor to have a conniption ...

The Crack Emcee said...

Nothing about me? Damn:

I demand a recount!

Automatic_Wing said...

Just curious, but why a Top 9? Isn't a Top 10 more customary for these sorts of things?

Humperdink said...

#10 must have been real ugly.

edutcher said...

And, if the Althouse blog and its commentariat should last a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour".

Winnie would agree.

shiloh said...

This tidbit initially caught my eye from #1:

Meade and I both keep a Google alert on my name.

It would be interesting to total up the pros and cons re: your name. :D

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. ~ Oscar Wilde


Since most of her commenters have come from referred links form other blogs, that's never been a problem for her.

Sorun said...

Fabulous job, Meadhouse. Hopefully, a year from now, we can gripe about what a weenie President-elect Romney is going to be. Happy New Year!

shiloh said...

"referred links"

As did I and didn't say it was a problem unless you were just stating your opinion re: her readership.

Ann Althouse said...

"Just curious, but why a Top 9? Isn't a Top 10 more customary for these sorts of things?"

I was using a Blogger resource that had the top 10 of all time, and all but 1 are this year.

Wish I had a better resource, but that's all I had.

SFCable said...

As did I and didn't say it was a problem unless you were just stating your opinion re: her readership.