I was appalled to see:
That's so not my vision. I corrected with severe specificity: "black and white line drawing only. not aimed at children. not cute. more anatomical accuracy."
You can see what I mean, can't you? Grok gave me this:
See? This is why we can't trust A.I. It's trying to follow instructions. Isn't it?
By the way, ticks are arachnids. They have 8 legs — and no arms — and no antennae... and no bones!



20 comments:
Grok was fed AD&D?
Those are Mindflayers :)
https://www.aidedd.org/dnd/monstres.php?vo=mind-flayer
Happy little alpha-gal vectors! Chicken & Uptwinkles!
It's just a tick off.
Or, AI may be ticked off.
FurShur, their skellykins are on the outside. They're plenty scary looking under a microscope. You don't need to anthropomorphize them the make them more scary.
Grok takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
Grok has never had to check itself for ticks after a camping trip and found one and had to try some crazy, pre-internet, method your grandma swore would make the tick pull its head out, that involved some caustic, greasy, stinking homemade paste or a red hot needle hovering millimeters from your tender bits.
Or the glowing cherry on the end of a cancer stick
“See? This is why we can't trust A.I. It's trying to follow instructions. Isn't it?”
I thought it did pretty well with some rather vague instructions.
But you can draw…let’s see how you do.
Why appalled? You asked for "happy and dancing -- cartoon style," and got "happy and dancing -- cartoon style." I liked it, though the CDC wouldn't have approved.
Of course all insects look better from a distance, but other say bees or maybe ants which ones don't cause repulsion in us? Most be genetic.
I noticed our cat loves nothing better than a juicy spider and will even eat a housefly if caught. But she knows better than to swat a wasp that will get caught between the curtains and the window. Obviously instinct. She amuse herself with chasing it, but will never hit or try to kill it.
The AI is going for a "Up with People" vibe only with cute ticks. that don't look like real repulsive ticks.
BTW, interesting thing about parrots is they have UV visions. And can instantly identify who's female and who is male. Which comes in handy. To us all parrots look alike.
the ONLY "up" to ticks, is that they are VERY repelled by DEET.
so, if you coat your body with strong mosquito repellent..
you should/could be tick free.
ps. i'm typing this on my way out the door for my walk in the woods. am i slathered in DEET? you bet i am!
I took a screen print and uploaded that to OpenGPT and after a couple of iterations was able to get a pretty good scary alien pic.
Ticks really suck.
I thought that before I realized that it was funny.
But I really do despise ticks.
Tele-Tubby Ticks!
THE TICK has two arms, two legs and a pair of antennae. This was the closest I got. Evidently, Grok is forbidden to develop an image derived from copyrighted material. Here's the real Tick.
Using Althouse's precise request submitted to ChatGPT, I got this. Let's see... Eight legs, check. Complete tagmosis, check. Smiling and dancing joyfully cartoon style, check. The things on top aren't antennae. The outer longer pair are pedipalps. The inner pair are chelicerae. Pretty good. Better than Grok's effort. Maybe Althouse needs to improve her "asking" syntax.
"Of course all insects look better from a distance, but other say bees or maybe ants which ones don't cause repulsion in us?"
I like bees. Honey bees, that is, Apis mellifera, to be precise. They seem benign and rather chummy. Wasps, on the other hand, especially yellowjackets, are my enemies. Once upon a time I almost swallowed one at a horse show -- it was trying to steal by Coke and I didn't notice until it was stinging my tongue -- and got an expensive and unnecessary ambulance ride to a hospital as a result. I think the paramedics at the show had grown bored, and jumped at the chance to use their siren.
My positive attitude toward bees is real and completely illogical. Worldwide, honey bees have killed or hospitalized more people than wasps. Its like cows. Few will admit to fearing cows even though cows are more deadly than bears and snakes combined.
One of the first things I tried to get an AI to draw were pensive eggs. That didn't work out either.
Post a Comment
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.