That second guy looks and acts like he's so superior, he can't be punched in the face. How wrong he is, while being unfunny. The rose in the last one looks a lot like a Lady Banks. They're wonderful, thornless and they bloom like crazy - once. Unlike the floribundas, which keep blooming all season.
What the hell is wrong with some people? Mockery is cheap and easy. I even prefer number two to some of the comments. Sometimes reading the comments of obviously intelligent people on this blog makes me despair for humanity. Maybe I lack the right sense of humor.
"Is the old disheveled fart in the 3rd video mumbling in English, or some other language?"
Show me a more appealing 80 year old man:
"Bruce Robinson (born 2 May 1946) is an English actor, director, screenwriter and novelist. He wrote and directed Withnail and I (1987), a film with comic and tragic elements set in London in the late 1960s, which drew on his experiences as a struggling actor, living in poverty in Camden Town.[1] He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Killing Fields (1984). As an actor, he has worked with Franco Zeffirelli, Ken Russell and François Truffaut." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Robinson
As an 81 year old with a certain appeal, let me say that first you have to live to be 80, and only then can you work on the appeal or salvage what's left.
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Encourage Althouse by making a donation:
Make a 1-time donation or set up a monthly donation of any amount you choose:
21 comments:
I agree the rose is beautiful. I've never seen such a large rose bush. Like a tree.
Spoonman
Feel the rhythm with your hands
Steal the rhythm while you can
Spoonman
Speak the rhythm on your own
Speak the rhythm all alone
Spoonman
Spoonman, come together with your hands
Save me
I'm together with your plan
Save me
I like the second one. Totally agree.
"I found this on the street a couple of days ago...'' Hey! My dog's an artist then, too! She's a Salvador Doggie...
The second guy obviously does not like lawn mowers.
Is the old disheveled fart in the 3rd video mumbling in English, or some other language?
those roses! but what's with the wooden spoons and the giggles?
"Salvador doggie"
ha.
That second guy looks and acts like he's so superior, he can't be punched in the face. How wrong he is, while being unfunny. The rose in the last one looks a lot like a Lady Banks. They're wonderful, thornless and they bloom like crazy - once. Unlike the floribundas, which keep blooming all season.
What the hell is wrong with some people? Mockery is cheap and easy. I even prefer number two to some of the comments. Sometimes reading the comments of obviously intelligent people on this blog makes me despair for humanity. Maybe I lack the right sense of humor.
Aggie - I read the second guy a mocking how people behave on the internet.
Beauty is an effect of distance, at least with women.
"Is the old disheveled fart in the 3rd video mumbling in English, or some other language?"
Show me a more appealing 80 year old man:
"Bruce Robinson (born 2 May 1946) is an English actor, director, screenwriter and novelist. He wrote and directed Withnail and I (1987), a film with comic and tragic elements set in London in the late 1960s, which drew on his experiences as a struggling actor, living in poverty in Camden Town.[1] He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Killing Fields (1984). As an actor, he has worked with Franco Zeffirelli, Ken Russell and François Truffaut." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Robinson
As an 81 year old with a certain appeal, let me say that first you have to live to be 80, and only then can you work on the appeal or salvage what's left.
“I even prefer number two to some of the comments.“
Lol
I like Robinson and find him wry and full of good humor. But I'm puzzled why the woman is guffawing with laughter.
“But I'm puzzled why the woman is guffawing with laughter.”
She loves him.
"Show me a more appealing 80 year old man". Check back with me in a little over eight years.
Only the third one has created an appealing, tended space.
Post a Comment
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.