August 20, 2014

Spike Lee doesn't want "a riot." He wants an "uprising."



"Uprising" was the word that was used around here for the Wisconsin protests.

ADDED (the next morning): I was rushing out of the house as I posted this last night. (We went out to Spring Green to see the play "Travesties" (which includes, amongst the various characters, Lenin).) So I didn't have one extra minute to put a link on "Uprising" to the book "Uprising: How Wisconsin Renewed the Politics of Protest, from Madison to Wall Street." From the reviews at Amazon:
Reading this highly emotional and polemical account of the Wisconsin Act 10 controversy/crisis/uprising, the reader would never know that the "movement" Nichols writes about -- LOST!...

230 comments:

1 – 200 of 230   Newer›   Newest»
traditionalguy said...

The Black Leaders are nervous. They expected some help from Obama and all they got was 6 years of 40% unemployment and a Washington lead Revolution to flood the USA with cheap Central American and Mexican labor that is direct competition for all the new jobs.

Just wait until the unemployed poor's electricity bills triple because Obama ordered coal generation plants closed.

rcocean said...

So we should care what Spike Lee thinks because....Sorry, why exactly?

Of course, 25 years ago, he did direct "Do the Right thing" which weirdly justifies the torching of a white Pizza parlor.

So, there's that.

rcocean said...

And thanks for not linking to TNC. He's still an idiot.

Drago said...

"Uprising"

Well, it won't be Spike Lee on the front lines of any uprising.

But he should be able to cash in by making a movie about it.

YoungHegelian said...

I'm sorry, what sort of idiot starts talking trash about an "uprising" when the group is 12% of the population? What does he want -- for there to be so many dead black people that they get used as fertilizer?

This country is full of mean, ornery, white people with guns. And, unlike the urban blacks who can't seem to hit the broad side of building, the rural & suburban honkies practice shooting.

Lee is just Brooklyn bluster, and would get his tiny ass stomped by Bubba in a NY minute. Don't talk this way, as if revolution is a parlor game. It's evil. Remember what happened last time there was a redneck vs darkie shootout.

madAsHell said...

Spike Lee paid $10,000 to the residents of the address that he incorrectly identified as George Zimmerman's.

Obviously, his judgment has not improved.

Bobber Fleck said...

Spike Lee is sort of a famous version of Crack Emcee: Angry, agenda driven, humor impaired and largely irrelevant.

rcocean said...

"Spike Lee is sort of a famous version of Crack Emcee: Angry, agenda driven, humor impaired and largely irrelevant"

I disagree. I think the Crack emcee is much more relevant.

garage mahal said...

Ferguson is going to need to be much better armed for a successful uprising. By the way, where is the NRA on all of this?

Michael said...

3 of the 78 people arrested are from Ferguson. The majority of blacks in the majority black city are at home, shocked at the situation, embarrassed by the spectacle on the streets, saddened by the death of a young man. It did not have to happen. None of it had to happen.

Spike Lee is a lightweight thinker and a one shot wonder filmmaker. Someone should beat the shit out of him to bring him in touch with the way violence feels. The violence he thinks he advocates.

Steven said...

Why would the NRA be involved here?

Yes, the NRA made noise over Ruby Ridge and Waco. In both Ruby Ridge and Waco, the underlying issue that was used as the reason for going all paramilitary-assault were alleged non-violent violations of gun control laws. Of course the NRA makes noise about cases where gun control laws are used as reasons for the government to kill people. Show me where Brown was shot for violating gun control laws, I'll show you where the NRA is involved.

Drago said...

garage: "By the way, where is the NRA on all of this?"

What is the 2nd Amendment angle in all of this?

If you can answer this (which you can't) you could probably come up with an answer to your own question (assuming you are not logic impaired, which you are).

Drago said...

Michael: "Someone should beat the shit out of him to bring him in touch with the way violence feels."

Well, Knicks fans almost did that just a few years back when Spike couldn't contain himself injected himself into the Pacers/Knicks fray and the great Reggie Miller "shut him up but good".

Good times, good times.

Drago said...

madAsHell said...
Spike Lee paid $10,000 to the residents of the address that he incorrectly identified as George Zimmerman's

Addresses are racist.

Clayton Hennesey said...

I can think of one uprising.

Word gets out that Nixon's Missouri is itchy on "vigorous prosecution" in advance of any grand jury finding and a number of conventions booked in Branson right now move to Nashville instead, convincing the acts they want to see to follow them to corresponding venues there (Nashville can absorb that culture).

People who matter in Missouri, i.e., not Nixon, decide Nixon's bid to sleep with Hillary in the White House is too economically pricey for the big MO and he lame ducks out looking like Pontius Pilate. Claire McCaskill's seat also becomes endangered from defecting borderline moderates who if nothing else understand how both due process and political pandering work.

On top of the Rick Perry thing, Democrat bullying lawfare from Holder will definitely carry an odor, while the constituents he's pandering to only produce that rewarding 6% voting rate.

There's no law that people who abandon and spurn you have to tell you why or even that they're doing so. You just wake up one day and somehow your political life has turned to shit overnight.

The Ferguson manipulators have already overreached way too far in the face of evidence which can easily exculpate Wilson, and Nixon, Holder, and Obama are punching that tarbaby as hard as they can.

On the bright side, Spike Lee and TNC will like them on Facebook.

garage mahal said...

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Here is Wayne LaPierre:

“If you have a badge, you have the government’s go-ahead to harass, intimidate, even murder law-abiding citizens,” said Wayne Lapierre, then the NRA’s executive vice-president, calling the agents “jack-booted thugs.”

Not a peep about people in Ferguson. Maybe Wayne is just busy.

Birkel said...

Did somebody just shout "Squirrel!" really loudly?

chickelit said...

Doesn't Spike Lee also support "intifada" (which translates as "uprising")? Didn't Spike Lee tweet the wrong George Zimmerman address out of anger? How much vehement garbage do sane people have to tolerate from such bigots?

Fight The Glower!

Fight The Glower That Be!

hombre said...

Spike Lee, like Eric Holder, is living proof that the moral deterioratin of the black community transcends wealth.

rhhardin said...

I liked his Hawaiian War Chant as a kid.

Brando said...

Most blacks are too smart to have an "uprising" against the other 88% of the population that still is pretty well armed and controls the police and military. Which is just as well for Shelton Lee, because if there ever were an "uprising" the first to get squashed would be effete millionaire filmmakers. He'd find himself in the uncomfortable position of having to ask the cops he hates so much to save his puny ass.

Tyrone Slothrop said...

Spike's "uprising" ends at my property line.

rcocean said...

The problems with "uprisings" is they rarely end well. Cf: various
Indian and Irish uprisings.

What about a General Strike? All the blacks could go on strike for a day and show America how crucial they are to its success.

Humperdink said...

The topic is Ferguson/ Spike Lee/ riots/ uprising.

So what does the Mahalfella point to? Why the NRA, of course. It's a natural fit.

Surprising he didn't throw a little Scott Walker in as well.

Be said...

Maybe he's looking for the epilogue/sequel to "Do the Right Thing?"

Always thought it a cop out to have ended the movie with Mookie torching the pizza place. (shrug.)

Carol said...

*something about armchair revolutionaries*

Bill, Republic of Texas said...

If there is a race war it will not be black vs white. It will be black vs Hispanic and the Hispanics will kick the blacks asses.

garage mahal said...

So what does the Mahalfella point to? Why the NRA, of course. It's a natural fit.

Why isn't the NRA helping arm the citizens of Ferguson against the "jack-booted thugs" of the government? Or at least speaking out against the jack-booted thugs. Any ideas?

Clayton Hennesey said...

"If there is a race war it will not be black vs white. It will be black vs Hispanic and the Hispanics will kick the blacks asses."

So true. Spike Lee is living in the 60's. The Hispanics who took all the blacks' jobs are living in the 21st Century, waging a 21st Century soft demographic war, and winning on every front. They'll be hiring the Ferguson folks for the ethnic interest they bring to cocktail and dinner parties.

Clayton Hennesey said...

"Why isn't the NRA helping arm the citizens of Ferguson against the "jack-booted thugs" of the government? Or at least speaking out against the jack-booted thugs. Any ideas?"

Because the NRA doesn't exist as your fantasy of what it is. Instead, it's an organization dedicated to 2nd Amendment rights, which battles it is winning right and left.

What citizens then do with their 2A rights, Ferguson citizens included, is their business, not the NRA's.

HTH

FullMoon said...

Just watching video of protests. Started raining, everybody ran for shelter.
Happens every time it rains on a protest. Even the baddest mofo doesn't like to be soaking wet.

Why not soak the protesters with an artificial rainstorm?

No need to be all PC incorrect by actually using full force of firehouses.

Richard Dolan said...

Amazing, in light of the news reports about the cop's facial fracture, the autopsy results and the video of Brown's strong-arming the store clerk while stealing. This case, like the Trayvon Martin case, has the potential to backfire badly on all those mau-mauing the cop, to say nothing of the way it will divide and hardened racial attitudes on both sides. Just those three facts would make it extremely difficult to convict a cop if any prosecutor ever decides to bring an indictment.

William said...

It wasn't Missouri, but I heard a political analyst in another state claim that the Democratic Party only needs 30% of the white vote to win an election in that state. I don't know what the demographics are in MO, but they might be similar. Nixon doesn't look like the kind of guy who takes a bold stand or ever acts against his own self interest. About 30% of white people think the officer might be guilty so maybe Nixon knows what he's doing.

William said...

Hispanics didn't rally behind Zimmerman. Hispanics, Asians, blacks and alienated whites have found a home in the Democratic Party. The white establishment is their enemy,

tmitsss said...

IIRC a Mr. C. Manson wanted such an uprising.

William said...

I just read that New Yorker profile on Nina Simone. She apparently had an unhappy life. I'm sure she suffered a few racial insults along the way, but I think most of her misery was secondary to mental illness and to a husband who beat her. The dynamics of race are such that she blamed white racism for all her difficulties and was praised for her anger....... On a much larger scale that's what's happening in Ferguson. I've seen pictures of the housing there. It looks well maintained with lots of green lawns. In most of the world, Ferguson would be considered luxury housing. I've heard pundits describe it as a ghetto. WTF. They say that black kids are subject to constant harassment by the police. Again,WTF. Brown and his friend were walking in the middle of the street. Look at the sidewalks on either side of the street. Plenty of room. No heed to walk I the middle of the street except to express ownership of the terrain. Beyond that, they had just participated in a minor robbery. Police exist expressly to harass people like Brown and his friend.

Steven said...

And so here we see Garage Mahal, armed with a talking point from a Bloomberg View article published back a week ago, re-ask a question already answered in this very comment thread.

Best conversation this side of a parrot, folks!

garage mahal said...

Amazing, in light of the news reports about the cop's facial fracture

Gatewaypundit can never be considered a reliable news source. Or a news source period.

NotquiteunBuckley said...

Spike Lee wants headlines.

He wants folks typing his name and shit.

Anonymous said...

Excerpt from "James, the Non-Racist Slave Owner":

As on any given Tuesday I brought out the afternoon lemonade and cookies to my slaves and we played poker and talked about the Nature of Man.

"Gentlemen, I firmly belief there will be a time -- a time very soon -- when this slavery thing will finally be a thing of the past."

"Master --"

"You know the rules on this land, Rutherford: call me James."

"Yes, James. If slavery were to end whatever would and my fellow slaves be?"

"Free men, of course. Free men."

"What we would do as Free Men, James?"

"You would work with your God-given hands on your own God-given ground, and you would raise your families and live Life to the best of your abilities."

"But I'm already working, James."

"But you would work for yourself, Rutherford. I would no longer own you."

"But what if I like being owned?

."Rutherford --"

"It gives me a -- a sense of...of..."

"Value?"

That's done it, James! A sense of value!"

"Rutherford, you're worth far more than I ever paid for you."

"So, James, does that make me a bargain?

"That it does, Rutherford, that it does. Of course, you have already won enough money at our poker games to buy freedom for you and all of your family."

"Ahhh, but I'd want to work here for you, anyway. So I figure I might as well slave for you and KEEP all my money."

"Spoken like a true businessman, Rutherford. You know -- with that business acumen of yours -- somewhere there is a white man who would be proud to call you his boss."

"And then I would bring him cookies and lemonade?"

"If that is what you wished to do, then yes."

"It's a pretty thought, James, but I think I'll stay here and save my money."

"Well, then: what WILL you do with all that money, Rutherford?"

"James, I'm afraid the Northerners are gonna come and ruin everything, I just know it: I might need the money when things get rough."

"That's excellent foresight, Rutherford."

"When the Northerners come would you sell me a gun, James?"

"When the Northerners come I'll sell you all the guns you could want, Rutherford: all the guns you could want."

Anonymous said...

Mildly interesting coincidence that Ferguson brings to mind Plessy v Ferguson. The Pro-segregation Justice's surname was Brown as well.

The Crack Emcee said...

YoungHegelian,

"This country is full of mean, ornery, white people with guns."

The Crack Emcee said...

YoungHegelian,

"Remember what happened last time there was a redneck vs darkie shootout."

Were the president and attorney general black then?

The Crack Emcee said...

YoungHegelian,

"Remember what happened last time there was a redneck vs darkie shootout."

Were the president and attorney general black then?

The Crack Emcee said...

Michael,

"Spike Lee is a lightweight thinker and a one shot wonder filmmaker. Someone should beat the shit out of him to bring him in touch with the way violence feels. The violence he thinks he advocates."

Because blacks have no experience with violence.

Man, you guys trip too fucking hard when you're pissed.

The Crack Emcee said...

Hot Air says Eric Holder was sent to Missouri as a racial "healer".

They don't keep up well,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Brando,

"Most blacks are too smart to have an "uprising" against the other 88% of the population that still is pretty well armed and controls the police and military."

Hilarious - you're not 88% - starting with the fact all white people don't agree with you.

What an idiot,..

The Crack Emcee said...

rcocean,

"All the blacks could go on strike for a day and show America how crucial they are to its success."

I'd rather have a national history class and then challenge white people to tell us what they're really responsible for.

Good times,..

The Crack Emcee said...

Bill, Republic of Texas,

"If there is a race war it will not be black vs white. It will be black vs Hispanic and the Hispanics will kick the blacks asses."

Yep - because the hispanics love the gringos so much.

Jesus, you're delusional,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Remember how you guys were sure to win with Romney?

It was in the bag!!!

That's how delusional you still are,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Remember when you guys had "principles" and were going to stop ObamaCare and shut down the government?

Remember?

That's how delusional you still are,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Benghazi!!!!!

Totally delusional,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Rand Paul is going to appeal to those kids today and sweep into the White House saying the Civil Rights Act was flawed.

You told me this.

I knew you were delusional then,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Ted Cruz?

He was totally going to appeal to,...someone.

You were SURE of it.

De-lu-sion-al,...

jr565 said...

Spike wants Mookie to throw the garbage can through Sal,s pizzeria window because a cop killed Radio Raheem.
He wants the riot, and he wants to punish the white interlopers. Watch do e right thing again to see what a racist cunt spike Lee is.

Anonymous said...

Excerpt from "James, the Non-Racist Slave Owner":

As on any given Thursday I brought out the afternoon sweet tea and petit-fours to my slaves and we played poker and talked about the Nature of Man.

"James, did you hear about Master Brennan's plantation down by the county line? His slaves held an uprising!"

"That was a big topic at Church yesterday, Rutherford."

"Why would slaves go and do such a thing?"

"Well, Rutherford, there are some slave owners who treat their slaves poorly..."

"Poorly, James?"

"Like they are animals, not even people."

"Why would they do that?"

"Rutherford, I hate to have to tell you this, but: there are some white people that just don't like black people, just because."

"Just because?"

"Because of the color of their skin, Rutherford."

"Noooooooo..."

"Yes, Rutherford: yes."

"That's just silly, James. We're all just people, after all."

"If only everyone in the world saw it your way, Rutherford: the world would be a much better place for everyone."

"You don't think less of me because I happen to be black, do you, James?

"Rutherford, if I had a son who was a slave I would want him to be just like you."

"That's mighty nice, James, mighty nice."

"You're a good man, Rutherford, whatever color you might be. How about we go now and put in some work?"

"The crops don't harvest themselves, do they?"

"No Rutherford, they don't."

Birkel said...

Hatred rots the soul from the inside.
It usually projects itself outward, of course.
It's sad to observe.

The Crack Emcee said...

"What does he want -- for there to be so many dead black people that they get used as fertilizer?"

Now - the fact that you're a bunch of heartlewss immoral killers who will massacre 12% of the population before you'd admit you're wrong to have ever fucked with them in the first place?

That's what you and I know isn't delusion:

It's exactly who you are,...

Birkel said...

Does everybody remember when President Obama was going to raise the stature of the U.S. In the world?

4 words:
De...Lu...Sion...Al

Scott M said...

Ferguson is going to need to be much better armed for a successful uprising. By the way, where is the NRA on all of this?

Some have already been there, helping store owners protect their property. The rest of us are waiting for all the facts to be in. Why riot over potentially false pretenses?

Birkel said...

Anybody remember when President Obama was going to help improve the economy?

Last month the U.S. lost 500k full time jobs.
But we gained 800k part time jobs.

Is anybody still delusional?

jr565 said...

If Mookie, the main character of Do The Right Thing were around during the Crown Heights Riots he'd be one of the blacks who stabbed Yankel Rosenbaum. He would also be the guy who hit Reginald Denny in the head with a brick.
And somehow suggest in both cases it was justified.

The Crack Emcee said...

Birkel,

"Does everybody remember when President Obama was going to raise the stature of the U.S. In the world?"

Right now the world is appalled at white people here.

Or haven't you been paying attention?

Fool,...

jr565 said...

spike Lee's OldBoy was a piece of shit.

Lydia said...

Did any of you here actually watch that video clip? I don't agree with all that Spike Lee had to say, but a lot of what he said seemed spot on.

I very much like his suggestion that retired Lieutenant General Russel Honoré, who coordinated military relief efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, should be the point person on Ferguson right now.

jr565 said...

Crack, please go down to the riot. And please protest. They need your rabble rousing down there. No justice no peace!

jr565 said...

Lydia wrote:
I very much like his suggestion that retired Lieutenant General Russel Honoré, who coordinated military relief efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, should be the point person on Ferguson right now.

a lot of people in NO were complaining about the military walking around with assault rifles during Katrina. You want the military to control a riot?

The Crack Emcee said...

Birkel,

"Anybody remember when President Obama was going to help improve the economy?

Last month the U.S. lost 500k full time jobs.
But we gained 800k part time jobs.

Is anybody still delusional?"

U.S. economy bounces back sharply

- Money

Growth of 4% suggests economy has recovered from downturn driven by a severe winter.

- Forbes

GDP Rebound Reason for Consumer, Fed Optimism

- U.S. News & World Report

The Crack Emcee said...

jr565,

"Crack, please go down to the riot. And please protest. They need your rabble rousing down there. No justice no peace!"

I've been in more riots than you've seen.

You really don't know who you're talking to, do you?

Fools,...

President-Mom-Jeans said...

Ten straight Crack posts.

Good job, plantation mistress Althouse.

NotquiteunBuckley said...

"We search for a man named Jim Sonnett and the legends folks tell may be true. Most call him gunman and killer; he's my son, who I hardly knew. I raised Jim's boy from the cradle; till the day he said to me, "I have to go find my father". And I reckon that's how it should be. So we ride, Jim's boy and me."

With such beauty about, I can assure no freckle uprising tonight. God bless you this good night.

The Crack Emcee said...

President-Mom-Jeans

"Good job, plantation mistress Althouse."

Didn't I just mention today how attractive all that conservative "plantation" talks makes y'all?

Keep it up:

Letting everyone know you're the Klansmen of our dreams is the easiest way to defeat you,...

President-Mom-Jeans said...

Whatever you say, Crackwhore.

Most whores get paid. I think there is a word for people who do things to generate value for old white people without being paid.

Slips my mind.

Have a super day of poverty, sport. I suspect it will be exactly the same tomorrow, and every other day for the rest of your life.

gadfly said...

garage mahal said...
The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

The only way to stop a 6'4", 292 lb perp who had just crushed your face and was coming back to do more harm was by firing your weapon with one eye severely damaged.

Gahrie said...

Now - the fact that you're a bunch of heartlewss immoral killers

You want to talk about immoral killers?

How about the 16 million Black babies killed since 1973? There are only 36 million Black people in the U.S. today.

Black women have killed far more Blacks in the U.S. than all of the slavers, racists and lynch mobs combined.

Gahrie said...

Why not soak the protesters with an artificial rainstorm?

Because it would bring back images from the Civil Rights protests in the 60's.

The Crack Emcee said...

St. Louis cops killed another black guy - over two sodas.

Reparations here we commmme,...

Gahrie said...

It will be black vs Hispanic and the Hispanics will kick the blacks asses.

It's already started in California. Hell, The Hispanics are even driving Blacks out of Compton.

The Crack Emcee said...

gadfly,

"The only way to stop a 6'4", 292 lb perp who had just crushed your face and was coming back to do more harm was by firing your weapon with one eye severely damaged."

Because a white man can't back down, call for back-up, or anything but kill people.

KILL, KILL, KILL - it's white history.

Just massive and massive amounts of bloodshed.

That's the answer to white problems - always. It's how they think:

KILL, KILL, KILL.

Something makes you the least bit uncomfortable - you want to kill it.

You're murderers.

That's why nobody likes you. You have money, sure, but it's stolen and everyone knows it.

Other than that, you're murderers.

Who, but the Germans, maybe, speaks well of white Americans?

NOBODY.

Blacks are admired the world over.

Whites? Who the fuck cares?

You're done,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Oh, white South Africans might dig you.

So you've got them,...

broomhandle said...

"What about a General Strike? All the blacks could go on strike for a day and show America how crucial they are to its success."

The slide of male African-Americans into self-driven irrelevance has been stunning to watch. I can't imagine any scenario where they wake up and reverse their decline.

jr565 said...

Crack wrote:
Letting everyone know you're the Klansmen of our dreams is the easiest way to defeat you,...

you're too busy shooting each other in drive bys and burning down your neighborhoods and aborting your kids and not graduating from high school to defeat anyone. But keep telling yourself its whites killing blacks when 90% of the time your community does it to itself.

jr565 said...

"What about a General Strike? All the blacks could go on strike for a day and show America how crucial they are to its success."
That would first require them to be working. I kid.

jr565 said...

Crack wrote:
I've been in more riots than you've seen.

You really don't know who you're talking to, do you?

i'm sure you were. Riots have the ear marks of cracks brand of emotional inanity. No rhyme or reason. Just anger at some supposed grievance. And for that the neighborhood should suffer. As I say, please go down there and show them where its at.
The revolution will be televised.

Hyphenated American said...

"anything but kill people.

KILL, KILL, KILL - it's white history.

Just massive and massive amounts of bloodshed.

That's the answer to white problems - always. It's how they think:

KILL, KILL, KILL.

Something makes you the least bit uncomfortable - you want to kill it.

You're murderers."


And yet, crack prefers to live among white people, not his black brothers in Africa. Apparently, it's safer and more prosperous with the white devils, cause the black Angels are constantly in a bad mood.

Sorun said...

"What about a General Strike? All the blacks could go on strike for a day and show America how crucial they are to its success."

It would only be news on ESPN because football season is gearing up. Otherwise, no one would notice.

What would Obama do on strike day? Go golfing?

Tyrone Slothrop said...

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and Native Americans and Asians 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most murders were intraracial, with 84% of white homicide victims murdered by whites, and 93% of black victims murdered by blacks.[32][33]

Crack, do you see that? 52.5% of murders committed by 12% of the population-- blacks. Blacks are eight times more likely to commit murder than whites. Even so, blacks are only six times more likely to be murdered. That leads to two conclusions: 1) Blacks kill far more blacks than whites do. and 2)Blacks kill more whites than whites kill blacks. And you have the blinkered pig-ignorance to call whites murderers? And what's worse, to call whites delusional? You are entirely divorced from reality. A blind hatred and a desire to blame others for your personal failures are what's to blame.

traditionalguy said...

Crack is part right about the Scots Irish American culture being ready to fight to the opponent's death when attacked. Good leadership takes that into account. That fighting instinct can be abused. So it's leaders need to be righteous, because the instinct that can defeat other groups in war can also be lead into select the wrong enemy to fight.

From what we have seen so far Officer Wilson seems 100% Scots Irish. The good news is that African Americans who behave are all accepted into that culture easily, because it is not skin color that counts. We are all cousins.


rcommal said...

Seems apropos.

My link is just a pointer of thought, to be clear. Should you want to buy the soundtrack, for whatever reason, go through the Amazon portal. Respect is a precious thing, and to throw it aside due to a lack of willingness to make just a little extra effort absolutely is a demonstration of a lack of character, not to mention integrity.

rcommal said...

the ALTHOUSE Amazon portal, of course; man, I do need to brush up on my commenting skills in specificity, not just in the obvious way, but also as well in many other ways: keep in mind, keep in mind, pay attention, pay attention--and also, figure out how to step lightly with both feet AND slam down a foot as if it were a sledgehammer.

---

I stand by my link, btw, the clumsy linking notwithstanding.

Revenant said...

By the way, where is the NRA on all of this?

The same place the ASPCA is -- on the sidelines, because it has nothing to do with them.

rcommal said...

Revenant: Exactly.

Outstanding!

Douglas said...

The funny thing is we still don't know what happened. Did the officer shoot Brown when Brown was trying to surrender? If so, why? Did Brown attack the officer and injure him? If so, were they still fighting when the officer shot him? Or was Brown trying to run away? What did the officer say happened immediately after the shooting? Is that the same story he is telling today? Did he go to the hospital afterwards? If so, where is that medical report? I could go on, but the facts of the matter - and whether or not the shooting was lawful or not - are still not known.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but in my opinion the facts count.

Revenant said...

The funny thing is we still don't know what happened.

But what we do know is that with each passing day, the policeman's injuries get retroactively worse. First he was reported as having swelling from being punched, then he had a cracked eye socket, then he'd been severely beaten.

At the rate things are going, by this time next week it'll turn out Brown actually killed him and was shot by somebody totally different.

Martha said...

Will there be outrage over the shooting deat of a 9year old Antonio Smith in Chicago yesterday?

No because the kid -- Black and a true innocent-- a true innocent--was in all likelihood shot by a Black gangbanger and that sadly is not news and not something Blacks will protestor riot about because whitey/racism.


http://abc7chicago.com/news/family-boy-9-fatally-shot-in-greater-grand-crossing/273468/

stlcdr said...

After the 'uprising', then what?

Douglas said...

stlcdr - After the uprising? Well, if that were to happen, I suspect that Ferguson would repeat the experience of Newark, which never recovered from its riots. Does Spike Lee care about that? Well, he's a very rich man, living in a very luxurious apartment, protected by doormen and other security, so my guess is that he doesn't give a shit.

Brando said...

""Most blacks are too smart to have an "uprising" against the other 88% of the population that still is pretty well armed and controls the police and military."

Hilarious - you're not 88% - starting with the fact all white people don't agree with you.

What an idiot,.."

First, please--save the name calling for DailyKos or whichever childish fever swamp you otherwise post in. This is a family blog!

Second, you don't know my race so please refrain from using "you" when describing white people. Your little fantasy of fighting against "the man" is amusing at most.

Third, you're assuming total solidarity among black people in trying to wipe out all whites, but that once an attempted genocide against whites takes place, the whites would remain divided on whether to resist this genocide?

You also seem to think Hispanics, Asians, Arabs and every other race in this country would be on one side in your little uprising. As well as the idea that blacks--most of whom don't actually hate white people, despite whatever is happening in your head--would risk their own lives and property to slaughter their white neighbors, co-workers, friends, and in some cases family?

I guess you're entitled to your fantasy. It's still a bit sad that something happened to you to make you this way.

furious_a said...

After the 'uprising', then what?

Detroit, that's what.

Brando said...

"Maybe I'm old fashioned, but in my opinion the facts count."

Douglas, you are old fashioned--don't you know that some very strident, emotional people have already decided that despite not being present they can tell that white cops always kill unarmed black people without reason? Or that any unarmed black kid shot by a cop was obviously attacking the cop and had it coming?

It is really something how people can go into this situation--where there is genuine uncertainty as to how this incident went from a police stop to a dead suspect--and be so certain that the facts magically conform to their own existing prejudices. Maybe it's the fact that I recognize that some cops can be abusive and reckless and some members of the public can be stupid and violent and put cops in reasonable fear for their lives that makes me think that the only thing we should want here is a full investigation (as we always should when a police stop results in a corpse).

Short of that, though, pronouncing Wilson a murderer or exonerating him completely seems premature. Let the appropriate fact finders look into this, if there's grounds for charging the cop then by all means let the prosecution move forward with all due process. If there's not, then under our laws he's innocent until proven guilty, and the police can consider whether there's need to change police procedures to prevent the likelihood of shootings in the future, and perhaps film more stops so there's better evidence if something like this happens again. That's what rational people would ask for.

Calls for "uprisings" (which are always hilariously suggested by those who live in their own safe, protected communities and count on the police to keep from getting Mansoned) and rioting and looting are pretty much what we can expect from the lowest degenerates in our society.

MayBee said...

Well, a 9-year old was shot multiple times last night in Chicago. Someone is apparently uprising.

damikesc said...

Why isn't the NRA helping arm the citizens of Ferguson against the "jack-booted thugs" of the government?

The NRA is supposed to provide guns for every person in a city?

Funny.

Gatewaypundit can never be considered a reliable news source. Or a news source period.

More reliable and knowledgable than Vox or TPM.

jr565 said...

Revenant wrote:
But what we do know is that with each passing day, the policeman's injuries get retroactively worse. First he was reported as having swelling from being punched, then he had a cracked eye socket, then he'd been severely beaten.

if there is no orbital fracture it will come out won't it? just as if there is no APB about the robbery, it will come out. And then we'll know the cops were lying. But, why would they be so precise if they didn't have evidence to back it up.

The same thing happened in the Trayvon Martin case. First it was assumed GZ had no injuries even though police on the scene recorded injuries. Then it turns out he had a broken nose. We didn't get that info for weeks.

Robert Cook said...

"The Black Leaders are nervous. They expected some help from Obama and all they got was 6 years of 40% unemployment and a Washington lead Revolution to flood the USA with cheap Central American and Mexican labor that is direct competition for all the new jobs."

I don't know where this alleged "flood" of cheap Central American and Mexican labor is...outside the fever dreams of those who believe "illegal immigrants" is a real problem for America. But let's assume--strictly for rhetorical purposes--that we are awash in this "flood" of cheap foreign laborers...you say they are "direct competition for all the new jobs". Well, at what jobs will one likely find laborers who come from Mexico or Central America? Migrant farm workers, nannies, gardeners, day laborers, ditch diggers, dishwashers, fry cooks, and other low-skill, low-wage jobs of similar type? (Certainly not in high-wage career-track jobs that require higher education.)

If such jobs constitute "all the new jobs," (which, frankly, seems very likely), then the problem we have is not "illegal immigrants stealing our jobs" but a bankruptcy of good jobs!

And who is to blame for that? The "job creators" (sic), who, to fatten their bottom lines with the minimum of effort and risk, erase jobs through automation or reorganization of responsibilities, or who send jobs overseas to be performed by workers who work for a fraction of the pay, and low or no benefits.

In other words, the problem is the greed of already highly profitable companies slashing their payroll expenses in order to make their stock prices go higher.

Now, many may approve of this and see this as entirely proper for profit-seeking companies to do whatever it takes and "by any means necessary" to seek ever-increasing profits. But those same people cannot then complain about the dearth (and death) of good jobs in America as being the fault of illegal immigrants stealing those jobs.

The manufactured panic over illegal immigrants is just good old-fashioned, (not so) covertly expressed bigotry.

Robert Cook said...

"Of course, 25 years ago, he did direct 'Do the Right thing' which weirdly justifies the torching of a white Pizza parlor."

It does no such thing; it simply shows dramatically how such a thing could come to happen.

Humperdink said...

Not that long ago, The Most Reverend Jesse Jackson had an uprising of sorts with one of his aides in his Operation Push(did someone say push????) organization.

jr565 said...

"Why isn't the NRA helping arm the citizens of Ferguson against the "jack-booted thugs" of the government?"
The Govt can resort to tyranny and so you may need a gun to protect yourself. But there is also fear of the mob.
Those shop owners with AR15s standing in front of their stores are not protecting themselves from the police.
Libertarians think now is the time to talk about demilitarizing the cops, even though its a side issue at bet. But shop owners want their stores protected by cops. And when that fails THEN they have to get out their rifles and do it themselves.
Gun control won't save them from the mob you see. Cops job in this case is to quell the riots. They should be more heavy handed not less. Note, I said riot. Not demonstration.if the demonstrators can hold their looters in check, there is no reason for cops to bring out the tear gas. Only, they can't.

Clyde said...

I'd like to see an uprising in collective intelligence, in terms of being able to see the difference between a truly innocent victim and a jayvee/varsity thug/criminal who brings his fatal fate upon himself. It sure looks like the late Mr. Brown falls into the latter category, if the surveillance footage and reporting on the assaulted cop's injuries are accurate.

Civilis said...

I would think the NRA would be paying more attention to cases like Shaneen Allen than to what's going on in Ferguson.

Then again, considering we know the facts of the Shaneen Allen case and we know how unjust it is, I'm surprised more people aren't out protesting for Shaneen instead of a case where the facts are still not yet known like the Brown case. Here's a textbook case that should have both the left and right up in arms, yet the only people that seem to care are conservatives and libertarians.

Humperdink said...

Jack booted thugs? You referring to the looters, Garage?

traditionalguy said...

What Cookie said. But he must not get out much if he has not seen the flood of immigrant labor. It is good labor, that happens to speak Spanish. They still maintain respect for authority including leadership by women as the central part of their family structure.

Business likes them because the are not rebels.

jr565 said...

Robert Cooke wrote:
It does no such thing; it simply shows dramatically how such a thing could come to happen.

it assumes that Buggin Out and Radio Raheem have a point when the first accost the white guy who moved in then when they demand that Sal have pictures they want in his store. They don't. They are the ones that instigate the entire riot.
You know this is what Spike was getting at because he makes the same point about interlopers coming into his own neighborhood and then telling people living there to keep the noise down or what have you. He feels its his neighborhood. Sal is in fact an interloper.
Imagine if this were a predominantly white neighborhood, and the store owner was Korean. And the white bullies came in and demanded he put pictures of John Wayne or John Gotti on the wall. We would rightfully side with the store owner over the neighborhood bullies.

Anonymous said...

Excerpt from "James, the Non-Racist Slave Owner":

As on any given Friday I brought out the afternoon sparkling water and croissants to my slaves and we played poker and talked about the Nature of Man.

"James. you said there are some white people who hate black people just because?"

"Sadly, that's right, Rutherford."

"Well, what if I didn't like black people, either -- then what?"

"You'd still be black and they'd still hate you."

"That seems mighty unfair. Me hating blacks and all, I'd think me and the whites could become friends."

"It doesn't work that way, Rutherford."

"James, sometimes I wish I was white."

"I can't lie to you, Rutherford: it is pretty darned good to be white."

"Well, what if I was a slave owner and I whipped my slaves and beat them and treated them all kinds of unkind...?"

"I don't know, Rutherford: that is an interesting question to ponder. I suppose some white slave owners might then accept you as one of their own."

"Really, James?"

"I doubt it, Rutherford, but stranger things have happened here on God's earth."

"Do I have enough money to buy me some slaves, James?"

"Why yes you do, Rutherford. You could buy several slaves with your poker winnings."

"Nah. I don't think I could do it. But it sure is nice to dream about."

"It's good to have dreams, Rutherford. Now how 'bout we get to work?

"The crops don't harvest themselves, do they?"

"No Rutherford, they don't."

Matthew Sablan said...

We'll get a riot, and we'll like it.

Curious George said...

Got your wish Spike!

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/16/crisis-in-ferguson/

But what happens when the stores are empty?



garage mahal said...

Jack booted thugs? You referring to the looters, Garage?

No, these guys

Hagar said...

Is that John Nichols related to the John Nichols of "The Milagro Beanfield War"?

Anonymous said...

Excerpt from "James, the Non-Racist Slave Owner":

As on any given Monday I brought out the afternoon wine and fondue to my slaves and we played poker and talked about the Nature of Man.

"James, I had that dream again last night."

"The one where you are a black slave owner and you were whipping and beating your slaves something fierce?"

"That's the one James."

"That could be very harrowing."

"Well, this time I'm a-whippin' and a-whippin' but then the slaves turn out to be white, so I start whippin' harder and harder and harder and they're criyng out "Stop, Massah, stop!" but I just keep on whippin' them some more."

"And how did that make you feel, Rutherford?"

"When I woke up I felt all kinds of awful."

"That's a very understandable reaction, Rutherford."

"James?"

"Yes, Rutherford?"

"Why can't all the slave owners be good like you?"

"Well, Rutherford, God makes the strong man and the weak man, too."

"He sure works in funny ways, though."

"That he does, Rutherford: that he does. Now how 'bout we get back to work?"

"The crops don't harvest themselves, do they?"

"No Rutherford, they don't."

Matthew Sablan said...

"The police are too heavily armed! We should revolt and kill them!"

... Not helping those of us who really want to see demilitarization guys.

damikesc said...

And who is to blame for that? The "job creators" (sic), who, to fatten their bottom lines with the minimum of effort and risk, erase jobs through automation or reorganization of responsibilities, or who send jobs overseas to be performed by workers who work for a fraction of the pay, and low or no benefits.

Not government, who makes every employee cost far more than their actual salary and whose regulations tend to cause more problems than they solve?

And, back to OP, Spike Lee is an incredibly racist director. Heck, I remember in "He Got Game" where a character said black girls will make you "work for it" while white girls can't wait to "give it up" to black athletes.

I decided to stop watching his movies, forever, from that moment forward. That they were also pretty bad made it easy. Only Lee could make a movie about Malcolm X horrendously boring.

I'd rather have a national history class and then challenge white people to tell us what they're really responsible for.

You're not a slave in Africa today. That's what whites are responsible for. If we "left you back home", your ass would be enslaved today.

I don't expect money, but you can kindly shut the fuck up about it from now on.

St. Louis cops killed another black guy - over two sodas.

Black thugs kill black innocent children in Chicago EVERY WEEK.

But that's OK to Cracker here.

He doesn't hold blacks to any standards, either.

Blacks are admired the world over.

Blacks treat other blacks like cattle. Who the hell "admires" them world over?

Matthew Sablan said...

As to why no one is rioting in Chicago: It wouldn't fix the problem. Believe it or not, a lot of the rioters really think if they burn enough, throw enough rocks at journalists, threaten enough people, that maybe -- just maybe -- they'll get what they want.

You can't threaten and burn gang members into NOT shooting people. They'll just shoot you instead. A riot in Chicago to "stop the violence" won't help.

Curious George said...

"Matthew Sablan said...
Believe it or not, a lot of the rioters really think if they burn enough, throw enough rocks at journalists, threaten enough people, that maybe -- just maybe -- they'll get what they want."

You know what rioters really think?

Matthew Sablan said...

I'm assuming they are rational people acting in a rational manner and believe that the government will give them what they want if they riot enough. I could be wrong, but I'm operating under a fairly safe assumption. They may believe incorrectly; we may not agree with their reasoning -- but I firmly believe these rioters think that rioting is going to help them achieve their ends.

Matthew Sablan said...

[Likewise, whether rioting SHOULD get them what they want, whether what they WANT is a good thing, are totally different than them thinking that rioting will get them what they want.]

garage mahal said...

Ferguson should have learned from the Bundy protesters. Bring, and aim, high powered rifles at law enforcement and they will leave you alone.

Matthew Sablan said...

Garage: Did anyone at Bundy actually fire on anyone? Or throw molotov cocktails? Or shoot their fellow protestors?

Pookie Number 2 said...

Didn't I just mention today how attractive all that conservative "plantation" talks makes y'all?

Crack, as we all know, was almost, but not quite, smart enough to avoid marrying a murderer. He's certainly the one to inform us as to the value of being attractive.

garage mahal said...

Did anyone at Bundy actually fire on anyone? Or throw molotov cocktails? Or shoot their fellow protestors?

I don't know. I don't know that anyone in Ferguson did. Either way, I know that law enforcement didn't fire on any protesters in Bundy, probably because they were heavily armed.

Matthew Sablan said...

Two protesters were shot by other protesters, that, at least is undeniable. So, do you really want to equate a situation where people were having open discussions and no one was shot with crowds of protesters wearing masks, torching buildings and shooting people?

Because, uh, we can compare them and ask whether the response should be the same -- but most sane people are going to say, "No. No the police should not respond the same to armed people not doing anything but protesting and armed people burning property and shooting people."

Matthew Sablan said...

P.S.,

Plenty of photo and witness evidence supports assault, threats, gun fire and molotovs being used by protestors against police, journalists and each other.

Don't try and wish away the facts.

EMD said...

"Of course, 25 years ago, he did direct 'Do the Right thing' which weirdly justifies the torching of a white Pizza parlor."

If Mookie doesn't throw the trash can through the window, Sal is murdered right then and there on the spot.

Doing the right thing was terrible, but better than the alternative.

Did you watch the movie?

EMD said...

but I firmly believe these rioters think that rioting is going to help them achieve their ends.,

It's simply the situation offers the opportunity for bad actors to act poorly without ramification.

garage mahal said...

Plenty of photo and witness evidence supports assault, threats, gun fire and molotovs being used by protestors against police, journalists and each other.

My favorite is the post from Jim Hoft alleging Wilson received an eye fracture. He posts a picture from the internet and photoshops out "University of Iowa".

EMD said...

I'm doubtful Wilson's injuries were as bad as proffered. In cell phone video taken after the shooting, he mills about not looking terribly beaten.

Of course, the video quality is poor, so I could be mistaken.

Matthew Sablan said...

"My favorite is the post from Jim Hoft alleging Wilson received an eye fracture. He posts a picture from the internet and photoshops out "University of Iowa"."

-- What does this have to do with the photos of molotovs, reports of the two protesters shot, and the reports of buildings being burned?

Trashhauler said...

I do not think Spike Lee knows what the term "uprising" can actually mean in terms of human suffering, destruction, and chaos. I put such a thing in the same category as ruined Mogadishu, devastated Chad, Mali, Libya, and the hell brought by ISIS in Iraq. Mr. Lee apparently thinks of a few weeks of civil disobedience and scattered deaths, covered sympathetically by the national media, and followed by vast spending on black schools and social programs. Real uprisings bring shot down airliners and mass graves.

His vision of uprising could be neatly covered in a 90 minute movie. The reality would be piles of dead bodies, flattened cities, and unending misery. He has not considered what it takes to create and maintain civilization or how easily it can all be ruined.

Matthew Sablan said...

"Of course, the video quality is poor, so I could be mistaken."

-- Yeah; he looked fine in the video. But, people said the same thing about Zimmerman. I'm still firmly in "wait and see" mode.

garage mahal said...

-- What does this have to do with the photos of molotovs, reports of the two protesters shot, and the reports of buildings being burned??

Because you link to him trying to prove a point. And he fucking lies endlessly.

EMD said...

What I don't get at all is the cops all decked out in camo. Who in the hell are they hiding from?

richard mcenroe said...

"Spike Lee is sort of a famous version of Crack Emcee: Angry, agenda driven, humor impaired and largely irrelevant."

"Golly, Miss Lane, isn't it strange how you never see Spike and Crack together?"

"Oh, Jimmy...."

Big Mike said...

If Spike Lee got his uprising, he'd be looking to the police to protect his rioters.

richard mcenroe said...

"Which is just as well for Shelton Lee, because if there ever were an "uprising" the first to get squashed would be effete millionaire filmmakers."

Quit picking on Shelton! He grew up HARD on the mean streets of suburban Roosevelt, Long Island, man!

richard mcenroe said...

"But let's assume--strictly for rhetorical purposes--that we are awash in this "flood" of cheap foreign laborers...you say they are "direct competition for all the new jobs". Well, at what jobs will one likely find laborers who come from Mexico or Central America? Migrant farm workers, nannies, gardeners, day laborers, ditch diggers, dishwashers, fry cooks, and other low-skill, low-wage jobs of similar type? (Certainly not in high-wage career-track jobs that require higher education.)"

We already HAVE the data. ALL the job growth for the last 14 years has gone to legal and illegal immigrants according to the Center for Immigration Studies.

http://tinyurl.com/lgr8hls

David said...

"Reading this highly emotional and polemical account of the Wisconsin Act 10 controversy/crisis/uprising, the reader would never know that the "movement" Nichols writes about -- LOST!..."

I beg to differ. In their mind they lost a battle. The war continues. As far as they are concerned their aircraft carries were at sea during the dastardly attack and they are still in the fight.

April Apple said...

So what.. the UPRISING is to make it OK to grab a cop's gun, rush a cop, threaten a cop, beat a cop, and rob convenience stores.

?

is this the outcome Hollywood leftwinger Spike desires?

The Crack Emcee said...

jr565,

"i'm sure you were. Riots have the ear marks of cracks brand of emotional inanity. No rhyme or reason,..."

Oh, there's a rhyme and a reason:

This ain't mine,....

The Crack Emcee said...

Hyphenated American,

"And yet, crack prefers to live among white people,..."

Because you haven't noticed San Francisco has a black people,...

Trashhauler said...

"What I don't get at all is the cops all decked out in camo. Who in the hell are they hiding from?"

It's part of the military mystique that goes along with armored vehicles and automatic weapons. Camouflage, with subdued patches and rank insignia is useful when faced with a well-armed enemy who is will selectively pick off leaders.

In policing, however, visibility is important. The police are the visible symbols of society and civilization. Hiding that fact simply makes them the most well-armed gang in the street.

The Crack Emcee said...

BTW - I love the effort all of you "white cops" put into trying to keep a single black man down. It doesn't matter how, either:

Shoot down my arguments, make it personal about what little bits you think you know about my life, trying to depress me, undermine my confidence, squash my dreams, call me a loser - it never stops.

And this from the folks who started the year admitting THEY have a PROBLEM and MUST do something to attract black and hispanic voters.

Now that the hispanics have abandoned the Republicans and gone to the Democrats, too, of course, the conservatives claim hispanics now hate blacks and will destroy us.

And (this is the best part) they expect blacks to believe them, when we didn't believe them before, when they were claiming we were all going to be BFFs under the Republican umbrella - without whites doing anything but holding the door open.

That's an example of that famous "principled" thinking they've been claiming to possess.

I feel like Michael Brown with these folks,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Gahrie,

"The Hispanics are even driving Blacks out of Compton."

ROTFLMAO!!!! Like blacks ever wanted to live in Compton!!!!

Fool, blacks are LEAVING just like they LEFT the South.

Damn, you're DUUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBB,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Tyrone Slothrop,

"Crack, do you see that? 52.5% of murders committed by 12% of the population-- blacks. Blacks are eight times more likely to commit murder than whites."

Whites have been raping and murdering blacks for centuries - exposing us to the practice and even making us do it to each other - and you think it's some surprise we're acclimated to it?

How silly a person are you?

Are you going to claim that - because whites have always had the power to distance themselves from white supremacy's dictates and results - the fact whites haven't sullied their hands means they have nothing to do with the bloody results of their work?

Who else made the policies that created the desperation in America's ghettos?

Who else made the policies that created America's ghettos?

Who else made the policies that created American black's anger?

Who else practiced white flight?

Who else made the policies that allowed whites to rip-off America's blacks?

Who else took the G.I. Bill and all the rest but didn't care that America's blacks got nothing and now says we have to do for ourselves?

Who else created the guns used to kill America's Native peoples and everybody else - for white's benefit alone?

You're killers, and murderers, of the highest order,...

The Crack Emcee said...

traditionalguy,

"The good news is that African Americans who behave are all accepted,..."

"Who behave"?

Fuck you, TG.

Shanna said...

if the demonstrators can hold their looters in check, there is no reason for cops to bring out the tear gas.

I think it's more that holding a demonstration in the dark is just asking for trouble.

The Crack Emcee said...

Douglas,

"Maybe I'm old fashioned, but in my opinion the facts count."

Blacks live under white supremacy and it's control has been total for centuries - that's a fact.

Whether going along, or as a reaction to it, anything that comes out of white supremacy is the result of white supremacy - that's a fact.

White supremacy has created a corrosion and a cancer in our body politic that whites have avoided for centuries - this, too, is a fact.

Michael Brown AND Ferguson's racist police dept. are both the product of these facts.

The Crack Emcee said...

Revenant,

"But what we do know is that with each passing day, the policeman's injuries get retroactively worse. First he was reported as having swelling from being punched, then he had a cracked eye socket, then he'd been severely beaten."

But we also have film of him, right after the shooting, walking around casually - not injured in the least.

The Crack Emcee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Crack Emcee said...

Brando,

"You're assuming total solidarity among black people in trying to wipe out all whites,..."

Yeah - 12% of the population is "trying to wipe out all whites,..."

Apocalyptic thinkers are great.

You'll murder us all for your silly fantasies.

Hey, Brando - Jesus is going to raise all whites to "Heaven" and leave the blacks for the Devil!

Just insanity,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Clyde,

"I'd like to see an uprising in collective intelligence, in terms of being able to see the difference between a truly innocent victim and a jayvee/varsity thug/criminal who brings his fatal fate upon himself."

Blacks would like to see that, too:

Whites have been thugs for centuries - let's string THEM UP.

The Crack Emcee said...

damikesc,

"You're not a slave in Africa today. That's what whites are responsible for."

HA! ROTFLMAO!!!!

So - if all those runaway blacks had stayed put - whites would've still fought to end their bondage?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Telling these kinds of stories, in a truly real nation, the guys with the white coats would've come for whites a long time ago,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Matthew Sablan,

"I'm assuming they are rational people acting in a rational manner and believe that the government will give them what they want if they riot enough."

Smart man,...

Unknown said...

Wait on the facts. If he gunned down a man in cold blood or because he was angry, I favor capitol punishment. If he killed a man in self defense because he through he was about to be attacked by a man who had just beat him and tried to take his weapon, leave him alone.

Police are not supposed to release information about an ongoing investigation, it's unfair to weight unverified information from bystanders as true just because they get to speak freely. Medical information about the officer is relevant to the shooting for a number of reasons, and I would guess it was held back as relevant to an ongoing investigation. It took a FOIA request to get the video of Brown robbing a store and roughing up the clerk; it was released because it didn't have anything to do with the shooting, although the police stalled until the family could be made aware of it prior to release -- and the family's response was to claim the release was indented to defame Brown.

Wait.

The Crack Emcee said...

EMD,

"If Mookie doesn't throw the trash can through the window, Sal is murdered right then and there on the spot.

Doing the right thing was terrible, but better than the alternative.

Did you watch the movie?"

I did - and it's about a nation where few practice the title - and it's results,...

Unknown said...

It took a while for Crack to get started, but boy. (BTW, not intended to be a racist comment.)

The Crack Emcee said...

April Apple,

"So what.. the UPRISING is to make it OK to grab a cop's gun, rush a cop, threaten a cop, beat a cop, and rob convenience stores."

No, that's just black men, afraid of nothing - including some heavily armed bozo, who the average black is probably a better fighter than, even when sleeping.

I love that shit - they just walk right into them and the cops freak-the-fuck-out and start firing.

Cowards.

In the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I swear, blacks are turn this whole joint - and everything it represents - to dust, before we follow your racist plans for us....

The Crack Emcee said...

Unknown,

"Wait on the facts."

They mean nothing - remember your "game changer" of a video?

New America has a new fact:

You're guilty of being white supremacists,...

Tyrone Slothrop said...

I knew it was useless to point out reality to you, Crack, so instead of fighting you, I'll just reason the same way you do.

Blacks are dominating popular culture and gangsta images appeal to whites. Gangstas commit eight times the murders that whites do, and since whites think gangstas are cool, whites think murder is cool. Therefore, when whites commit murder, the fault is blacks'.

Makes sense to me.

President-Mom-Jeans said...

"trying to depress me, undermine my confidence, squash my dreams, call me a loser"

You should be depressed and have no confidence, mostly because you will never achieve your dream of whitey forking over "reparations" to you and you are most certainly a loser by every measure.

You really ought to think about pulling a Robin Williams, Crack. Oh wait, that is racist. Why don't you pull a Lee Thompson Young instead?

Anonymous said...

"But we also have film of him, right after the shooting, walking around casually - not injured in the least."

No we don't. You have video of a different white officer. But I can see how all white people look the same to racists.

The Crack Emcee said...

Tyrone Slothrop,

"I knew it was useless to point out reality to you, Crack, so instead of fighting you, I'll just reason the same way you do."

Fine, but it's you who thinks 400 years of white crimes are going to be washed away by stats from the ghettos whites created.

"Blacks are dominating popular culture and gangsta images appeal to whites."

Gangster movies appeal to everyone - what's your point?

"Gangstas commit eight times the murders that whites do, and since whites think gangstas are cool, whites think murder is cool."

I repeat - if your causation line was real, you'd have a point, but gangster entertainments obviously don't cause crime, so you're sounding pretty silly.

"Therefore, when whites commit murder, the fault is blacks'."

Sigh. That can't be true under white supremacy. (You can't grasp the "supremacy" part, do you?)

"Makes sense to me."

And it would make sense to me, too, if you told me your mother went to see "Goodfellas" and decided to hold up a cigarette truck.

If not, you're just tripping without acid,..

The Crack Emcee said...

eric,

"No we don't. You have video of a different white officer. But I can see how all white people look the same to racists."

Um, I got that information from those racists at Hot Air, the #1 conservative news analysis site.

Take racism up with them.

I'm pretty sure they're not discussing it,...

The Crack Emcee said...

REMEMBER WHEN YOU GUYS TOLD ME RACE WOULD NEVER BE AN ISSUE AND I'VE BEEN BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

OH, MAN, I LOVE YOU GUYS,....

Danno said...

Reading anything from John Nichols is tough.

Revenant said...

if there is no orbital fracture it will come out won't it? just as if there is no APB about the robbery, it will come out.

Nope.

The policeman's medical records are private and can only be released if he allows it. Police APBs will require a FOIA request unless the police feel like releasing them, and even then the police can stonewall until long after the public loses interest in the case.

Here's what we CAN say, with a high degree of certainty: if there was an APB out that helped the police department's narrative, they would have released it already, just like they hastened to release the robbery video.

Matt said...

I would guess most people, regardless of race, dislike and don't trust cops. For example: how many people like speed traps? How about being pulled over for an expired registration? Isn't it common to flash your lights to tell other drivers cops are near? In fact, most people know a story about a lying traffic cop.

What makes police officers liars when it comes to traffic stops, but completely trustworthy on matters of life and death? I can think of one theory, but it isn't pretty.

Revenant said...

Why isn't the NRA helping arm the citizens of Ferguson against the "jack-booted thugs" of the government?

Because the NRA doesn't arm people.

Missouri is already a shall-issue state, so the people there are able to go armed if they choose to.

Drago said...

crack: "ROTFLMAO!!!! Like blacks ever wanted to live in Compton!!!!"

LOL

Oh, so the blacks are "voluntarily" leaving Compton of their own accord.

Then why do the latinos keep providing so much "encouragement" when this is happening organically?

Oh, right, crack is full of...crack?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/compton-gang-members-arrested-in-alleged-hate-campaign-against-black-familly.html

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/25/local/la-me-0126-compton-20130126

http://hiphopandpolitics.com/2009/05/22/l-a-gang-waged-war-to-eliminate-black-people/

Feel the love and racial solidarity.

Matthew Sablan said...

EMD: On Do The Right Thing, I thought your interpretation was right [it is what I thought too]. Apparently, though, that's not the director's intent: Spike Lee says: "Mookie did not throw the garbage can through the window to divert the mob from jumping on Sal". Mookie, the delivery guy who works for Sal and is played by Lee, "threw the garbage can through the window because he just saw one of his best friends get murdered in cold blood by NYPD." [I found the quote in a few places, here's one.]

That... changes it a lot.

Anonymous said...

Nine year old Chicago boy shot dead.

Be on the lookout for a white police officer casually walking about the scene.

Revenant said...

My impression, after watching "Do the Right Thing", was that if the Klan had made a film with the specific intent of making black people look bad, the film they made wouldn't have been terribly different.

Matthew Sablan said...

I don't know; I view it more as a tragedy. Everyone is flawed and refuses to make good choices for a variety of reasons.

damikesc said...

HA! ROTFLMAO!!!!

So - if all those runaway blacks had stayed put - whites would've still fought to end their bondage?


Hundreds of thousands of whites did what millions of blacks will never do --- died to free you. Africans have slaves today.

You make one wonder if the cost was worth it.

You can simply say "Thank You" and pay us back for the bloodshed on your behalf.

Drago said...

Revenant said...
My impression, after watching "Do the Right Thing", was that if the Klan had made a film with the specific intent of making black people look bad, the film they made wouldn't have been terribly different

In the same way, if the Klan had wanted to create a black poster whose racialist rantings posited that real moral/ethical/intellectual differences were based solely on race and thus provided aid and comfort to white supremacist teachings, they would have invented the Crack Emcee.

kcom said...

Shorter Spike Lee: Let's you and him fight.

AustinRoth said...

If I say nigger AND Hitler, can we officially call this thread closed?

Tyrone Slothrop said...

Crack, if you don't know the difference between "gangsta" and "gangster," I can only surmise you are blind to black-white cultural differences.

Revenant said...

I don't know; I view it more as a tragedy. Everyone is flawed and refuses to make good choices for a variety of reasons.

That's how it was described to me, before I saw it. But I don't think that interpretation holds up under any kind of scrutiny.

The problem is that the Sal character isn't really flawed. He spends the movie making a legitimate attempt to try to get along with the residents of the neighborhood, even though most of the ones we see -- e.g., Mookie, Raheem, and Buggin -- are basically a bunch of shiftless assholes. Then he loses his temper once, and in return loses his business. Meanwhile, the guy who led the mob actually gets paid.

If you had told me Lee made the movie with the specific intent of saying "non-blacks should stay out of black neighborhoods", I'd find that more plausible. And, actually, these days Lee is quite open about thinking that... so maybe that was the message in the first place.

Bruce Hayden said...

There is power in being ready to riot. OJ Simpson got tried downtown after Black clergy threatened a Black riot if he wasn't. And really ditto for the prosecution of George Zimmerman. Apparently done to prevent a Black riot.

I think that most of us have had to deal with people who use threatened violence to their advantage. I am reminded of one VP I used to work with. Maybe 300 lbs with everyone around him terrorized that he would lose his temper. Heck, I can remember my reactions as a teenager with my father getting ready to blow up at me. I think that a lot of us just go along and give someone credibly threatening violence what they want.

Still, it is silly - these Black riots inevitably hurt the Black community worse than anyone else. Maybe they will burn out some Asian businesses, but then complain that they have to take the bus or a taxi further to shop for food, etc. Duh? The only rational way to do business in a location where TVs etc are likely to be stolen on national TV is to overcharge their customers.

My view is that a lot of the Black community is getting what they asked for, by joining the slavery party, the party of the KKK and Jim Crow, and more recently, the party that destroyed Black family structure through its War on Poverty. So, yes, pulling the D lever at such high rates is very likely a good part of the reason that the Black murderer and murder rates are so high these days, and probably part of why Brown (and Martin) are now dead.

garage mahal said...


My view is that a lot of the Black community is getting what they asked for, by joining the slavery party, the party of the KKK and Jim Crow, and more recently, the party that destroyed Black family structure through its War on Poverty


The KKK is supporting the cop who killed Mike Brown.

The Crack Emcee said...

Drago,

"Oh, so the blacks are "voluntarily" leaving Compton of their own accord."

Yep - just like they "voluntarily" left the South. By the millions - with no warning to whites it was going to happen. Just one day - BOOM:

Chicago's black, Detroit's black, and so on - blacks don't have much power in this country, but the power to leave somewhere?

Sheeit - we can walk.

Seriously, blacks have been leaving for decades now - my foster sister lives in Arizona.

The Crack Emcee said...

Matthew Sablan,

"That... changes it a lot."

Why don't you guys listen to me:

The point of the movie is NO ONE does the right thing,...

The Crack Emcee said...

poker1one,

"Nine year old Chicago boy shot dead.

Be on the lookout for a white populace that created hostility for anyone who showed up leaving slavery, made problems for them, bombed their houses and burned crosses on their lawns, left them in desperation, and now casually talks about the result as the fault of those who had no power to determine any of it."

The Crack Emcee said...

Revenant,

"My impression, after watching "Do the Right Thing", was that if the Klan had made a film with the specific intent of making black people look bad, the film they made wouldn't have been terribly different."

"Do The Right Thing" makes whites - exclusively - look bad?

Please, then explain "Smiley," the white dude everybody loves - who (finally) DOES THE RIGHT THING that should've been done from the beginning:

Hangs the photo of Malcolm and Martin together on the wall of Sal's Pizzaria.

Yeah, Spike really hated on that guy,...

Sabinal said...

Brando said:
Short of that, though, pronouncing Wilson a murderer or exonerating him completely seems premature. Let the appropriate fact finders look into this, if there's grounds for charging the cop then by all means let the prosecution move forward with all due process. If there's not, then under our laws he's innocent until proven guilty, and the police can consider whether there's need to change police procedures to prevent the likelihood of shootings in the future, and perhaps film more stops so there's better evidence if something like this happens again. That's what rational people would ask for.

and why couldn't Obama or Holder say that?

The Crack Emcee said...

damikesc,

"Hundreds of thousands of whites did what millions of blacks will never do --- died to free you."

But you claim that's why I'm free - but, by the time of the Civil War, blacks were ALREADY dying to free me.

Shit, Harriet Tubman had made hundreds of trips to free slaves - risking her life with every trip - and she had narcolepsy!!!

She led white soldiers on a bombing expedition - the first black and the first woman to do so - all because she was the ONLY one who knew how to get around the South undetected.

And you want to give credit to whites - it's a joke.

You guys know so little about blacks and this country it's embarrassing to talk to you sometimes, because you say such white supremacist garbage.

It's like you WANT blacks to have done nothing.

Just like your ancestors told you to,...

The Crack Emcee said...

damikesc,

"You can simply say "Thank You" and pay us back for the bloodshed on your behalf."

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Blacks made the Constitution finally mean "All Men Are Created Equal" - had to fight for it - and you think we should be thanking whites for agreeing over 90 years later?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

The Crack Emcee said...

Tyrone Slothrop,

"Crack, if you don't know the difference between "gangsta" and "gangster," I can only surmise you are blind to black-white cultural differences."

Oh, I do, but you don't seem capable of knowing movies and music are art:

I watched "Belly" and listened to Ice Cube's "Death Certificate" obsessively.

Still haven't killed anyone,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Revenant,

"The problem is that the Sal character isn't really flawed."

No, he and his boys dump casual racism on the people who support them, until they end up killing a guy over a radio and a photo.

Another fine example of a great white guy any black would love.

"He spends the movie making a legitimate attempt to try to get along with the residents of the neighborhood, even though most of the ones we see -- e.g., Mookie, Raheem, and Buggin -- are basically a bunch of shiftless assholes."

"Assholes." Unlike his son, the racist, who he brings to work every day.

"Then he loses his temper once, and in return loses his business."

Euphemisms - whites love euphemisms. The guy took a baseball bat (that he regularly uses to threaten people) and attacked the only possession of a beloved neighborhood figure, resulting in his death.

Jesus, you're warped in the head.

"Meanwhile, the guy who led the mob actually gets paid."

The guy who "led the mob" was Sal.

And he knew it - as soon as the drums stopped on that radio,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Sabinal,

"Pronouncing Wilson a murderer or exonerating him completely seems premature."

No, he's a murderer. He killed an unarmed man. he could've called for back-up - he could've done a lot of things - but he killed an unarmed man.

"Let the appropriate fact finders look into this, if there's grounds for charging the cop then by all means let the prosecution move forward with all due process."

You guys don't get it - this isn't going to be about "the facts" of the case (That "Game Changer" anyone?) but "the facts" of Ferguson. An all-white police dept., cops screaming blacks are animals, innocent men sued for bleeding on cops' uniforms.

If Michael Brown had ANY reason to respect whatever that cop said to him, you're going to have to produce it.

Otherwise - whites lose.

"If there's not, then under our laws he's innocent until proven guilty, and the police can consider whether there's need to change police procedures to prevent the likelihood of shootings in the future, and perhaps film more stops so there's better evidence if something like this happens again. That's what rational people would ask for."

America's not rational. If it was, we wouldn't have the race problem we do - and have had for 400 years.

"And why couldn't Obama or Holder say that?"

Because it's simply not true.

You don't sound crazy so I'll keep it simple:

Square this photo.

With this one.

If you can, Darren Wilson will be found an innocent man.

If you can't, you see the thicket your white ancestors left for you to navigate on their behalf,...

Gahrie said...

If Michael Brown had ANY reason to respect whatever that cop said to him, you're going to have to produce it.

See here's your problem, and it is one you share with a lot of Black people.

The only reason you need to respect a cop is the fact that they are a cop.

However if you are determined to be uncivilized and anti-social, you should respect him because he's wearing a gun.

Want to be treated with respect by the cops? Try treating them with repsect first.

garage mahal said...

Cops are blood sucking parasitic union thugs. But must be supported whenever they shoot and kill an unarmed black teen.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 230   Newer› Newest»