October 3, 2026

"Musk offered to donate his sperm to Zilis to conceive children through IVF in 2020, she testified, and the pair had twins in secret in 2021."

I'm reading "Elon Musk splits with longtime business confidante, co-parent 'with no warning'/Shivon Zilis, the mother of four children with Musk, said their breakup was sudden but wished him the best" (WaPo).

I don't understand what the "split" was from.

32 comments:

n.n said...

A business confidante. One mother and an absentee father through lend lease? A queer arrangement. A modern family.

chickelit said...

"I don't understand what the "split" was from."

The split was from the "harem girl" mating arrangement which is taking root in the absence of traditional marriage.

Ice Nine said...

If I recall correctly, Musk has said that he feels obliged to contribute smart genes to the gene pool. I have no problem with that; quite approve of it, actually - in his circumstance.

This poor gal - somehow - didn't realize that she was breeder stock. Oh well, it could be worse, I guess; she'll be rich and will have some nice smart kids.

rehajm said...

…it sounds like a skit from the HBO Silicon Valley…

Saint Croix said...

It's weird that she is described as a "longtime business confidante" and a "co-parent."

It's also weird that they used IVF to have children, instead of the more fun way.

She's not his wife, obviously. Apparently she doesn't even get a "girlfriend" designation.

I guess she doesn't want to say "baby daddy," but that's exactly what Musk is, right?

"My baby daddy fired me from my job."

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

"I don't understand what the "split" was from."

One look at Crista Pike's plight and Musk's wheels started turning. She had survived two execution attempts by a State within the United States, with all the power and might that entails. And upon realizing they were going to try again, there was no time to waste.

Who can save that woman? Musk asked himself.
I'm going to save that Woman. Musk said.

That very moment he started putting in motion a Pardon for Crista Pike. Dial 1 for POTUS.

Spiros said...

I'm sort of sick for these autistic people. They can behave like complete bastards, purposely hurt loved ones and then shift responsibility to their diagnosis.

Saint Croix said...

Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

"...the absence of traditional marriage."

Trad Wife leaving on a jet plane...

JAORE said...

Just a coincidence that this gossip piece is published when Musk is more prominently featured in the Trump administration and funding candidates on the right.

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

"...coincidence that this gossip piece is published when Musk is more prominently featured in the Trump administration..."

NDA violation?
The blog has a theme today
Violations to the right of me
Violations to the left

n.n said...

Morons both.

Josephbleau said...

If I wrote a novel, I would have a character named Shivon Zilis.

bagoh20 said...

"I don't understand what the "split" was from."

Let me help. The guy can have sex with anyone he wants and as many as he wants, and he can afford to make sure that no matter how many he has, his children lack nothing. Although many will deny it, it's kind of ideal for a man. Besides, he works a lot.
The more offspring he produces, the better, assuming he aims well.
I wonder if mankind would be this far along if the highest performing men of history only had one wife and a couple children.

Peachy+2 said...

Musk having kids. More please. Esp. if it angers the corrupt left.

Saint Croix said...

One at a time.

Earnest Prole said...

Mack Daddy gots him a whole stable of baby mommas.

Eva Marie said...

“I don't understand what the ‘split’ was from.“
The split seems to be in the headline writer’s head.
Nothing in the article pointed to a split of any kind.

imTay said...

Being wealthy is about never having to make up your mind, which is why Taylor Swift got married in Madison Square Garden, she didn't want to make decisions about who to invite. It must have been something else, because it wasn't other women.

loudogblog said...

"I don't understand what the "split" was from."

Probably their business relationship. She's utilizing her escape clause.

Peachy+2 said...

Does Hasan Piker need the same type of security as Musk?

Another black eye on the corrupt violent left.

Leland said...

IVF isn't exactly having sex with someone.

Lazarus said...

Yes, how can you "consciously uncouple" when you have never properly "coupled"?

Bob Boyd said...



"I don't understand what the "split" was from."

He overheard her talking to her mother on the phone.
She said, "Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids. In fact, it's cold as hell...and there's no one there to raise them if you did."
And that was that.

Mary Beth said...

"It's also weird that they used IVF to have children, instead of the more fun way."

It allows you to select embryos for certain traits, including cognitive ability.

n.n said...

Select babies for cognitive potential. There is a correlation. Life is like a box of chocolates.

n.n said...

Patriarchal cognitive, congenital, therapeutic disparity. Swarm!

"Congenital means a condition, trait, or physical defect that is present at or from the time of birth."
h/t Gemini AI AI Oh!

"Congenital refers to a condition or trait that exists at birth."
h/t genome.gov

Earnest Prole said...

I think we can all agree our genetic embryonic manipulations are cool and theirs are creepy.

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

Bob Boyd said... 😂

bagoh20 said...

"IVF isn't exactly having sex with someone.

Dammit! I just sent out a whole batch of emails offering sperm for IVF. You mean none of those replies really want to get Intimate Vaginal Fertilization?

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

"I would have a character named Shivon Zilis."

Succession had a Shiv Roy, but her father called her Siobhan, which I believe probably sounds very similar to Shivon.

Rosalyn C. said...

"I don't understand what the "split" was from."
The split was from the fantasy of being in a relationship with Musk. Those breakups are the hardest kind imo.
I read that their relationship started out platonic and then became romantic. He took her as his date for a lot of official pubic events -- at the White House and Mar a Lago. When you have to get dressed up in ball gowns and pose for photos that doesn't convey a platonic relationship vibe. Plus, she carried his children -- I wondered if they had used a surrogate, but no. So I wouldn't blame her for getting attached emotionally with Musk, the father of her four children, especially since he is so unconventional. Reality is harsh.

Post a Comment

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.