September 10, 2026
"We'll work with President Trump to fight and defend the steel way of life, right here in the Steel Valley."
Said Democratic Senator John Fetterman, by video, at the GOP convention, introducing a man he called "my friend," Pennsylvania's Republican senator, Dave McCormick.

18 comments:
Fetterman votes Democrat, but he speaks American. That’s a rarity among his Democrat consorts.
I think we can all appreciate this spirit of bipartisan unity.
I do wonder if I should be giving more credence now than before to the idea that Sen. Fetterman is moving toward a party switch. I’d largely dismissed that. Back on the menu, now for me.
I will say I’ve never supported party switches by sitting senators or representatives, across the board. I think it’s foul play, given that the people were voted in as particular candidates with particular affiliations. If they don’t feel they want to be in a particular party anymore, then resign and run for office under your new affiliation later. Or hold tight in status quo and then wait for the next election and be 100% open and forthright with the voters in your specific constituency. To change in midstream is to betray, by definition, those that voted you in. Voters are disrespected too much as it is. Let’s not encourage more bait-and-switch.
As far as individual votes go, officeholders can vote as they please, as now. Those are public and open.
If Sen. Fetterman were Republican and appearing at The Democrats’ midterm “convention,” I’d feel exactly the same, and my stance would be exactly the same if he or she were contemplating a party change while in office within a particular term.
We'll know the shark has been jumped when a politician running for office in Missouri waits for the approved district map to be decided, and then changes party just after the election.
"The steel way of life"
"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me." - Conan
Mongo like steel. Mongo appreciate steel way of life.
a famous Democrat party member, who was a Union President, and a Hollywood Personality (and former government employee (lifeguard)); once FAMOUSLY SAID:
“I didn’t leave my party; my party left me.”
Do YOU support female genital mutilization?
Do YOU support Islam taking over the ENTIRE world?
Do YOU support murdering children?
if not? then WHY are you still a Democrat?
Let's talk about the Dems and the 80/20 issues. Immigration and border security. Men in women's sports. Parental rights in education. Energy independence and domestic production. Free speech and opposition to censorship and the cancel culture. Merit-based standards and DEI. Capitalism and free markets vs. communism and socialism.
Fetterman represents rationality vs. Dems and crazies. My prediction is that the Dems will reject Fetterman in 2028 and after that he will run and win as a Republican.
After almost 2 hours, no response. I wonder why?
Ok, here's another one: (1) Schumer and Jeffries are in trouble because of DSA and the split between capitalists and socialist commies. (2) And how can the affluent white liberal females partner with Islam?
My prediction: After 2028 losses, the Democratic Party fragments.
Although I'm "basically dead" according to Joe Rogan, I remember a time in my life where Rs and Ds would argue about an issue and then go to dinner and have drinks together.
Reminds me of Zippy talking in front of a huge Americana road attraction. CC, JSM
Know what you need to make steel? Lots and lots of coal.
Why. It's almost like the climate change movement was a big waste of time.
Fetterman stays on brand by not even bothering to show up in person.
"I remember a time in my life where Rs and Ds would argue about an issue and then go to dinner and have drinks together."
The people are not what they used to be. Republicans continue to support their country and it's principles, but when a strong majority of Democrats say they would leave the country if it was invaded by a foreign power, and a majority of Republican say they would stay and fight for it, how can those two groups really be close about politics?
Fetterman is that thing that is no longer permitted: a reasonable moderate Democrat with a different opinion.. I assume they will show him that in his next primary.
Brylinski said...
Although I'm "basically dead" according to Joe Rogan, I remember a time in my life where Rs and Ds would argue about an issue and then go to dinner and have drinks together.
You mean when the republican party was full of democrats lying to their voters and betraying them.
Post a Comment
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.