September 26, 2026
"'Next week, we’ll play a name game,' she said, explaining that it involves saying your name and then an animal starting with the same letter. 'For example, I’m Carol the Crocodile. It helps to remember.'"
So ends the NYT article "How to Be a 'Radical' Listener/The lessons in Carol Gilligan’s groundbreaking feminist book 'In a Different Voice' are more than 40 years old. She wishes they weren’t still so relevant."

7 comments:
Judging by today's content I'm guessing that somebody told Althouse to make them a sandwich.
I could be wrong.
"How to Be a 'Radical' Listener/The lessons in Carol Gilligan’s groundbreaking feminist book 'In a Different Voice' are more than 40 years old. She wishes they weren’t still so relevant."
LOL!
"Radical Listener."
Karen listens alright. She has already judged. The only thing feminists listen for is ammunition to destroy you.
They are demons and they have no empathy.
And they are being paid to tear society apart. We had to "close the wage gap."
Ok, let me try:
I'm Mosby the Mad Muthafucka! Who the fuck are you?!
They should remember that. CC, JSM
Or someone named William could stare straight at her and say "I'm Billy. The Bonobo." CC, JSM
"I'm Horatio. The Hedgehog."
"I'm Bobby. The Blue Whale."
"I'm Wally. The Warthog."
"I'm Clarice. The Clam."
"I'm Bruce. The Black Mamba."
&c. CC, JSM
Feminine the female. Masculine the male. It works.
Post a Comment
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.