September 4, 2026

Comments don't seem to be working for the last hour or so.

Even I can't comment. Maybe publishing this post will unclog things.

UPDATE: I still can't comment.

UPDATE 2: I asked Grok and was told this seems to be a general problem with Blogger. It recommended waiting. Please don't submit comments about how something's wrong with the comments. We don't want the sudden publication of 100 comments saying what's wrong with the comments. Feel free to submit comments that are on-topic comments. Hopefully, they'll come through later.

UPDATE 3: I tried to comment on that other blog of mine, the one that I linked to yesterday, The Time That Blog Forgot, and the comment would not publish. I take that as a good sign. Anyway, I'll continue putting up posts and move forward where forward motion is possible. We'll see what happens.

UPDATE 4: Another hour without comments. So lonely! I tried Meade's old blog, Puparazzo, but I couldn't comment there. That proves it's a Blogger problem, not a me problem (or a Meade problem). Good news. 

UPDATE 5: A comment got through — it's on the next post — but only one. I feel that help is on the way.

UPDATE 6: In the comments here, Wince suggests signing out and back in again. That didn't work for me.

5 comments:

Mike (MJB Wolf) said...

My earlier comment was made on my iPhone 10. It posted. I tried commenting via iPad. No post. Now I just commented using phone again on the post after this one and it worked.

Maybe cuz I refuse to “make room” for the update they want to force on me.

Wince said...

Try signing-out and then signing back in.

Wince said...

Mike (MJB Wolf), Reminds me of kindergarten when the first two kids who got there had control over the sandbox for the duration of recess!

George Leroy Tirebiter said...

A music blog I follow also on Blogger (blogspot.com) has very busy comments on their posts is reporting the same issue.

Wince said...

Clearly, my unrepentant use of italics and boldface on this blog has made me invincible!

Post a Comment

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.