September 21, 2026

Celebrities in distress.

Ed Sheeran, "shattered" and "in tears" as he sat cross-legged onstage at Lincoln Financial Field.

Carrot Top, perhaps extorted over a sex tape and perhaps having attempted suicide.

Presley Gerber, son of Cindy Crawford, dead at 27. The ideally handsome model died at a rehab facility. 

50 comments:

Lazarus said...

Was it here that the "cruelty" of comedians towards Carrot Top was discussed? That was the only publicity Carrot Top was getting in recent years, and he may have been grateful for it. The jokery didn't seem especially cruel to me, considering how brutally comedians roast each other.

RCOCEAN II said...

Carrot Top sex tape. Could be a live boy or a dead girl. Or maybe a space alien.

Gerber - sad how many of these successful models/actors are drug users. You'd think they'd be on top of world, and wouldn't need the crutch of drugs but maybe the real world is too boring for them.

Sheeran - Good for everyone for deserting him. From what I can understand, he was standing up for cancel culture and censorship, and now he got a taste of it.

Peachypeachy said...

That third one is news.
I have friends who hang out at a swanky Colorado ranch outside of granby. Rich horse people mostly.
Cindy and her husband used to go there. (Still do?)
I would hear tid bits about that. Not much to go on.
Sadly my friends lost their 19 year old son some years back.

Peachypeachy said...

Buy lies, spread lies, win karmic prizes.

RideSpaceMountain said...

The post-celebrity era of Western Civilization can't come fast enough. May future generations be shocked at the blip of a historical curiosity it was.

wildswan said...

These would be candidates for a 21st century collection of statues, emblematically illustrating civic life in The Crazy Years.. Ed Sheeran - Virtue in Distress. Carrot Top - Vice in Distress. Presley Gerber - Lefty Children Grow Up Distressed.

R C Belaire said...

Before the last week or so, I've never heard of Sheeran or Gerber. Sheltered life and all... Maybe being 80 has something to do with it.

Jaq said...

I just heard in the open thread that Sheeran was doing great…

Sheeran was probably acting with good intentions, trying to keep his brand non-political, but Macklemore forced him to take a position, and now the young people, who actually buy his music, are done with him, while the Zionist boomers who cheered him on don’t buy his music anyway. I am a Boomer, I get it, I never listened to him before and I wasn’t boycotting him.

paminwi said...

Feel kind of bad for Carrot Top.
Feel bad a guy died in rehab. What happened there. Have not read a story about this.
Ed Sheeran getting exactly what he deserved.

Lazarus said...

Did Sheeran tell Macklemore to lay off the politics or else and Macklemore refused, or did Sheeran just drop Macklemore from the tour?

Bob Boyd said...

The crocodiles decided not to wait.

Jaq said...

“In the back of my mind, I saw the ticket sales for this gig and I didn’t see cancellations,”

Oh, I see that the commenter stopped reading as soon as he saw what he wanted to see.

n.n said...

Generation TMI.

baghdadbob said...

1. Shut up and sing is the lesson here.
2. A sex tape might be Carrot Top's best career move at this point.
3. When I read "died at a rehab facility" I immediately assume suicide.

Caroline said...

Dolly Parton. was universally loved and admired because she kept her political opinions to herself. Celebs ought to take notes. Sheeran should have stood his ground that he is an entertainer, not an activist, because he's right. This is one of those controversies that lights up every social media post for about two weeks and then is forgotten. What lingers is the bitter aftertaste of Sheeran having no guts to stand up to the Jacobins.
Cindy and Randy Gerber's son. We can all say a prayer for them and imagine what they are going through, like so many American parents. A few months ago a good friend of mine got the call she had known for years would be coming, that her son had been found dead, an addict for 20 years. But at least my friend didn't have to deal with the public, so the Gerber's are deserving of much grace. RIP.

JAORE said...

Ed Sheeran tried the both sides route in his tearful apology. I'm no PR expert, but even I know that's the exactly wrong path to take today.
And, as I understand it he now has zero opening acts.... Apparently no one else is foolish enough to wade through that particular heads you lose/tails you lose situation.

MadisonMan said...

Perhaps Sheeran should write a song or two about this experience. It seems like Macklemore is insulting upwards, in a way. When was his last hit?

William said...

I wouldn't think a sex tape is a career ender nowadays. He has my sympathy, but there's probably other stuff going on.......She shouldn't have named her son after Elvis. Too much foreshadowing. Addiction is a scary disease. He had every advantage known to man, and he still couldn't overcome it. Unlike other diseases, you only get limited, provisional sympathy. Maybe that's as it should be......I bet from now on, opening acts will have to sign some kind of rigid contract limiting what they can play and what they can say on stage or even in interviews until the tour is over.......I never looked to Ed Sheeran for proper nutritional guidance and the path to mid-east peace. He's in a pickle and, to a non-fan, it's kind of fun to watch him squirm He doesn't inspire much sympathy but this pickle is not his fault.

Disparity of Cult said...

Does Macklemore do gigs in Gaza? Is "Same Love" on his setlist?

Ann Althouse said...

"From what I can understand, he was standing up for cancel culture and censorship, and now he got a taste of it."

From what I understand, he was trying to stay out of politics and stick to the music, and he got whipsawed.

RCOCEAN II said...

Althouse knows more about then i do. I've never heard of him. Or the other guy macklemoore or whatever.

Wince said...

As an opening act, Macklemore was an ungrateful usurper of Sheeran's concert in the extreme. He should have known Sheeran's preference from the opening of Sheeran's song...

What Do I Know?

Ain't got a soapbox I can stand upon
But God gave me a stage, a guitar and a song
My daddy told me, "son, don't you get involved in
Politics, religions or other people's quotes"

RCOCEAN II said...

BTW, I kept googling "Ed Sheeran controversy" and the top results that wanted to "Explain it" to me, sent me to websites where I can had to subscribe aka pay money to read about it.

Imagine someone paying money to read "USA Today". LOL. You don't even get a newspaper to line your birdcage.

RCOCEAN II said...

I finally at the J-post and got to read about it for free. Of course they call Macklemore an anti-semite and Jew hater about 40 times in the article, with lots of quotes from the ADL. But one can get through the propaganda and get the basics.

AMDG said...

I blame Norm MacDonald for Carrot Top

CONAN: [To Courtney.] Well, I want to talk to you about something because this came up earlier in the show accidentally. Cause I didn't know what Norm was going to talk about tonight. And it's best sometimes if I don't know. But, he mentioned Carrot Top. You are making a movie with Carrot Top right?

COURTNEY: I MADE a movie with Carrot Top.

CONAN: You made a movie with Carrot Top, it's not out yet.

NORM: [Interrupting.] Wait a minute! She left "Melrose Place" to do a movie with Carrot Top?[Laughter.]

CONAN: That's where I'm going, my friend. [To Courtney.] This begs the question now, "Why a movie with carrot Top?"

COURTNEY: Why a movie with Carrot Top?

CONAN: I mean, no, I don't know much about Carrot Top. I'm a little jealous, cause he's a red-haired comedian and I felt like maybe you'd do a movie with me first, then move on to Carrot Top, then to Ralph Mouth from Happy Days. [Laughter.] -- Do you have a scene where you and he embrace?

COURTNEY: Yeah, lots of making out.

CONAN: [Disgusted.] Oh, for God's sake. [Laughter.]

COURTNEY: Nothing but making out. It's like "9 and 1/2 Weeks," but Carrot Top -- basically is what we were doing. [Laughter.]

CONAN: [Laughing.] Wow! I've got to check out that movie.

NORM: Is it called "9 and 1/2 Seconds?" [Applause.] -- Like he's a premature ejaculator -- [Applause.]

CONAN: [Laughs.] You know what happened? This is what happened, he said "9 and 1/2 Seconds" and I'm looking at him, cause I know there's more. Then I wait and wait, then I see the glimmer in the eye and BANG! I thought you were going to "crackwhore, dirty sex," but no -- [Laughter.]

CONAN: [To Courtney.] What's the movie going to be called?

NORM: [Interrupting.] I know what it's going to be called! [Laughter.]

CONAN: Yeah? What's that?

NORM: If it's got Carrot Top in it, you know what a good name for it would be?

CONAN: What's that, Norm?

NORM: "BOX OFFICE POISON!" [Applause.]

COURTNEY: [A little upset.] I'm in it, too! Come on! What about my career?

CONAN: SHE'S in it! Courtney Thorne-Smith, the girl sitting to your left, is IN THE MOVIE!

NORM: -- I'm going to go see it for Courtney. [Applause.]

COURTNEY: After you scare everyone else away?

NORM: No, I love this girl. I would go see ANY movie with this girl in it. She's a beautiful lady -- and a talented, nice -- talk show guest. [Applause.]

CONAN: As evidenced by her appearance on our RIVAL SHOW! [Laughter.] [To Courtney.] All right, there's this 2 hour finale of "Melrose Place." There's this movie coming out, title undetermined at this point --

COURTNEY: "Chairman of the Board."

CONAN: Oh, all right. [To Norm.] Do something with that, you freak. [Laughter.]

NORM: I bet the "Board" is spelled B-O-R-E-D ! [Huge laughter, applause.]

Kevin said...

"A sex tape might be Carrot Top's best career move at this point."

People would watch just to see the props.

Wince said...

Instead of Carrot Top, he should have adopted the stage name "Fire Crotch."

Lucien said...

How can anyone with those ugly tattoos be considered handsome (much less “ideally”)?

Peachy+2 said...

Jaq's BS language alert;

Jaq sez: "Zionist boomers "

Really stupid, actually.

Christopher B said...

I'm with JAORE. Sheeran as the headliner should have put his foot down on the slimeball rapper's political antics from the get-go in which case he wouldn't have been in the position of being in the crossfire between the Jew-baiter and the people who objected.

Peachy+2 said...

Most funny comedians can handle slings and arrows - and actually use them to their advantage. ya know - Go with it.

hanuman_prodigious_leaper said...

Re Gaza War sup-protest ....
Q : if you could go back in time Oct 6 who should be killed?
Netanyahu and Team or 10/7 MasterMind and Team

Hassayamper said...

***
Gerber - sad how many of these successful models/actors are drug users. You'd think they'd be on top of world, and wouldn't need the crutch of drugs but maybe the real world is too boring for them.
***

I am sure many of them got hooked on cocaine or meth in an attempt to stay thin, and from there got dragged further into the drug-using milieu until they ended up on fentanyl and killed themselves. My kids' high school classes have seen eight or ten kids from good families who've been killed by the stuff during or after high school, and a number of them were the drama club, gays, cheerleaders, student government types, and other subgroups with an inordinate concern about their weight and appearance.

I wonder if we'll see fewer of these deaths with the rise of the extremely effective weight loss drugs like Ozempic and Zepbound, and some other semaglutide agents in the testing stage that are said to be significantly better yet. They seem to have other health benefits too, protecting the heart and preventing cancer among them. Real miracle drugs, at first glance. I wonder what the hidden trade-off will be....

Hassayamper said...

It blows my mind that the guy who just wants to sing and entertain people without any political grandstanding is catching bullets from the Left, while the guy who wore an enormous hooked prosthetic nose and Hasidic-style hat to mock Israelis is lauded by leftists for his outspoken courage. The Nazis were ardent socialists and progressives, by their own lights, and today's progressives and socialists on the farther fringes of the Left are rapidly becoming ardent Nazis who are not altogether distinguishable from the Hitler Youth. They are an evil, disgusting, dangerous menace, and our country would be a better place if they were forcibly expelled. We don't need collectivists of any stripe here.

Mason G said...

"It blows my mind that the guy who just wants to sing and entertain people without any political grandstanding is catching bullets from the Left, while the guy who wore an enormous hooked prosthetic nose and Hasidic-style hat to mock Israelis is lauded by leftists for his outspoken courage."

It's because the left is so tolerant. "All Are Welcome Here", don't you know?

D.D. Driver said...



Netanyahu and Team or 10/7 MasterMind and Team

ALL OF THEM!!!!

Vance said...

So has any leftist of today explained what Hitler did that was, in their view, so wrong? It sure seems like people like IEEE and others are pretty firmly on the side of the SS in their views any more.

What part of the National Socialist Party of Germany's policies, platforms, and ideas do they disagree with? Allowing for "It was German, not somewhere else" of course.

hanuman_prodigious_leaper said...

D.D. Driver said .... Embracing power of AND !!!!!
Well done.

loudogblog said...

The Ed Sheeran situation was a self inflicted wound. If someone on his team had looked into Macklemore before they asked him to join the tour, they would have realized that he's extremely political. Once an artist allows politics into the conservation, it can't be removed. Not only will some fans be mad at you no matter which side you take, a lot of fans will be angry at you if don't, actively, take any side. Cruel neutrality can work both ways these days. A lot of people will be cruel to you for being neutral.

loudogblog said...

R C Belaire said...
"Before the last week or so, I've never heard of Sheeran or Gerber."

Sheeran is actually pretty good, playing himself, in the movie, Yesterday. (Where a failed musician has an accident and wakes up in a world that never heard of The Beatles and he tries to get famous by recording all their songs.)

Enlighten-NewJersey said...

Gerber had Ibogaine treatments in Mexico because it's not legal in the U.S. is that what killed him?

R C Belaire said...

loudogblog : I enjoyed the film Yesterday, but if Sheeran was in the flick it went right past me.

Vance said...

If today's Democrats had a choice : One bullet in the gun, in a room with Netanahyu or the head of Iran's Mullahs, with Netanyahu praying while looking at Auschwitz pictures and saying "never forget" while the Iranian Mullah is chanting "Death to America, kill the Jews and all Christians!" how long would the Democrat last before killing Netanahu? Two seconds, maybe? And then claim they are the good guys while they slap the Iranian Mullah on the back and wish him happy hunting as he goes off to kill a few gays and Christians?

Aggie said...

Pretty sure there are laws against extortion for money schemes that have a veneer of legitimacy, i.e. using the courts as a pretext. I wonder why the article doesn't mention this, or address it. Especially given the backdrop of Las Vegas, sin city, where every conceivable nasty activity associated with money, sex and human exploitation has already been tried.

Aggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe Bar said...

Some are posting on X that Sheeran's concert tour is still sold out, and he is still performing to packed stadiums, alone. I'll have to ask Grok if that's true.

Laslo Spatula said...

I’m not a fan of Sheeran, but he was a fool to involve himself with Macklemore. Macklemore: a one-hit wonder with delusions of Kaepernickian self-importance.

As for Macklemore: in this situation you were not the Headliner, you were a SUPPORT act. Your job was to support the headliner that is attracting the night’s crowd, play your one hit, and maybe win some new fans from the headliner’s larger audience, perhaps sell a few T-shirts. You are supposedly a Professional: that is The Deal.

If you want to expound on your political insights, you do it as a Headliner, in the smaller venue that no doubt entails, with the fans who would expect that thing from you.

But Macklemore hijacked Sheeran’s larger show — of course, since the 70s hijacking is just one of those things that Palestine-supporters do.

But I’m sure that, if the situation was reversed and a headlining Macklemore had his own support act that stopped their show to preach about the evils of ,say, abortion — well, he’d be just fine with that. Because of course he would.

Macklemore: Nike is not gonna name a shoe for you, no matter how much you try.

I am Laslo.

Rabel said...

"From what I understand, he was trying to stay out of politics and stick to the music, and he got whipsawed."

That might also apply to Carrot Top's video.

Vance said...

Hey, Laslo's back! Howdy! The blog is always better when you are here!

rehajm said...

“a one-hit wonder with delusions of Kaepernickian self-importance”

…I like this…

Post a Comment

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.