September 20, 2026

At the Sunrise Café...

IMG_0767 (1)

... you can talk all night.

16 comments:

Leland said...

No rain I guess, but still cloudy will little sun.

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

NY Post: "Woke NYT, 1619 Project writer deliberately sent daughter to troubled schools as a 'sacrifice' — and it backfired spectacularly"

"The teen is now “boiling” mad — badly behind her peers after finally being allowed to enroll in a more rigorous high school, her mother revealed in a bombshell bizarre essay."

Curious George said...

Yesterday I had a toothpick lodge in my right foot, at the base of my little toe. Best guess my cat knocked in off my desk and on to the floor, as cats do. I got it picked up in my sock, and as was going out of the kitchen it caught the threshold and into the foot it went. About 3/4", and I tried but could not pull it out. No pain really, not even during removal, the Tetanus shot hurt more, but it's starting to hurt tonight. Just achy when putting pressure on it. All in all I think I lucked out.

Lem Vibe Bandit said...

Assmongold YouTube clip : Macklemore is a... piece of work

James K said...

I had a similar experience as that “boiling mad” teen 50-60 years ago. Whites were fleeing the city for the suburbs, but my left wing parents insisted on staying and sending us to the rapidly declining and unsafe city public schools. Like her, I was able to go to a magnet high school, though it was nowhere near as good as the NYC elite schools. I did ok in the end, and was never boiling mad, but my revenge was to become a Reagan conservative in college.

Aggie said...

@Curious George, I guess this makes you a minor pirate, then. First installment on the wooden leg.

Dave Begley said...

That Jones woman is a Notre Dame alum. Her daughter should be boiling mad. WTF is wrong with her mom? The Spanish ended child sacrifice in the Americas centuries ago.

Seriously, liberalism is a form of mental Illness.

Achilles said...

Nationalism vs. Globalism.

Why is Carney forcing Canada to commit ritual seppuku?

Why is Anthropic working with the UK to regulate AI around the world?

Why is Europe/Ukraine bombing refineries?

Why did the green nude eel democrats shut down US refineries and drive the price of fuel up?

Why is Britain funding the IRGC through the British Virgin Islands?

Big Mike said...

@Lem, I read that essay too. On the one hand, had Nikole Hannah-Jones actually made every possible effort to get her daughter Nejya a good education in a school appropriately rigorous for her talents, she’d have been one of the biggest hypocrites in the history of the human race. On the other hand, that’s your child who is suffering! How can you not do your best for her?

The answer is in the title of Hannah-Jones’s piece; “In Fighting for Every Black Child, Did I Betray My Own?” The obvious answer is affirmative — your daughter graduated middle school unable to do long division or correctly handle fractions. And neither Hannah-Jones nor her husband bothered to notice???

But who (besides herself) can honestly say that she Nikole Hannah-Jones was “fighting for every black child”? No, what she was fighting for mediocrity, and fighting to make “every black child” ignorant and incapable. I’m 80, and I was in grade school when the Freedom Riders rode, and a college undergraduate when the Voting Rights Act was passed, however I had the privilege of meeting some of the early Civil Rights activists, and I realize that Nikole Hannah-Jones blithely throws away what those men and women risked their very lives to bring to pass.. And that makes me sick to my stomach.

Still, you can add the education (lack thereof) of Nejya Hannah-Jones to a consistent pattern where 21st century woke women display a terrible attitude towards children. Abort them! Murder them! Mal-educate them! They don’t care. But if there really is a just God then those worthless biddies will suffer mightily when their kids reach adulthood. I predict retribution on an epic scale.

Big Mike said...

“Why did the green nude eel democrats shut down US refineries and drive the price of fuel up?”

@Achilles, that one is easy. They knew their policies would bring Trump back to the Oval Office, and they wanted to blame him for high gas and diesel prices.

Indefinitely Extended Excursion™️ said...

Good thing it’s only a two week war.

🚨 according to live GasBuddy data, 10% of the nation's stations are now seeing diesel over $7 per gallon... $7.01/gal, while the bottom 10% average $5.83/gal. Median price of diesel $6.39/gal. Expecting further increases to all of these metrics.
https://x.com/GasBuddyGuy/status/2101694461315043753?s=20

Rabel said...

It's been a glorious day in Rabel World. Yesterday The Evil One and his Mercenaries assaulted our peaceful village in the Delta and our courageous warriors repulsed them with vigor.

With tails between legs they retreated to the fetid swamps from whence they came.

Class will out.

Mason G said...

Gas prices were higher under Biden. They didn't blame him.

Achilles said...

Indefinitely Extended Excursion™️ said...

Good thing it’s only a two week war.

Good thing most Americans aren't as stupid as you are.

Gas prices were higher under Biden.

Americans have noticed that Democrats are on the same team as the globalists that are working to raise gas prices in every way they can.

Keep pretending you aren't transparent to anyone with more than a room temperature IQ.

Big Mike said...

“Mason G said...

Gas prices were higher under Biden. They didn't blame him.”

Though they should have.

Big Mike said...

“according to live GasBuddy data, 10% of the nation's stations are now seeing diesel over $7 per gallon... $7.01/gal, while the bottom 10% average $5.83/gal. ”

I assume that those are the stations selling biodiesel, which, as I explained elsewhere on previous days, is 70 to 80 cents more per gallon than diesel refined from petroleum.

I’m happy to see that Trump has forced Iran into an economic war with the strongest economy in the world — which despite the best efforts of the Biden administration is still the US. They will break.

Post a Comment

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.