August 21, 2026

"Robert Plant bakes a pie."

21 comments:

CJinPA said...

Good job, internet. Take the rest of the day off.

Wilbur said...

Baby, he not foolin.

Quaestor said...

The "pie cooling on a window sill, attracting lovable tramps and mischievous boys" is a pretty ancient trope by now.

Paul Zrimsek said...

Not a patch on "Billy Corgan Rides a Roller Coaster". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azhgpelu0vY

rehajm said...

I wasn’t going to comment but baby I’ve been drooling…I hope it’s lemon…

Meade said...

Shutting the creaky oven door with his knee tickled my rusty old funny bones.

who-knew said...

I didn't know he had taken up baking. His post Zeppelin career has been interesting, both with his Band of Joy and a couple of duet albums with Allison Krause

David53 said...

That’s fake. His countertop only has a coffee cup and some canisters on it, nobody only has two things on their countertop.

Curious George said...

This popped up on my FB feed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrzC74fGRLo&t

Bob Boyd said...

@ Curious George

That's a good one!

Iman said...

Got a monkey on my back
The m-m-m-m-monkey on my back, back, back, back
Gonna change my ways tonight
Nobody's pie but mine

Lazarus said...

It's a cartoon, so shouldn't a hobo pass by and steal the pie?

IamDevo said...

I've been working on the acoustic riff Jimmie Page plays through "Ramble On." Should be easy: E major, A major, D major, but it's up on the neck where transposed chords go to get lost and the fingering is a little tricky. Coincidence? I think not.

Wince said...

A more up-to-date, age-appropriate cartoon might be the intro to the Immigrant Song while he’s trying to take a piss. Screaming :

Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!

Ann Althouse said...

@Wince check out this earlier one: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Db0skrUIvfW/?igsi=MXVheno0NGhuZzBudw==

Rocco said...

rehajm said...
“I wasn’t going to comment but baby I’ve been drooling…I hope it’s lemon…”

I bet the lemons were squeezed ‘till the juice ran down his leg.

Bob Boyd said...

Unrelated, but came up on the IG feed after the last one, It's pretty good.

https://www.instagram.com/reels/DcA42tvAIVu/

Iman said...

Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!
Don’t come from a box, and it’s not from a can
It’s a sweet recipe from my dear old Gran
The butter and the sweet
Will overwhelm your taste glands
You’ll be begging for, another slice
Valhalla, I am coming!

Iman said...

That’s hilarious, Bob Boyd!

Whiskeybum said...

That’s gotta be Custard Pie.

Temujin said...

Hilarious link, Boyd. Man...that dude is funny.

Post a Comment

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.