I'm reading "Trump signs order renaming Lake Ontario as Lake America, escalating Canada feud/President Donald Trump called Canadian officials 'nasty people' and said the country 'has been ripping us off for a long time on trade, very sadly.'"
“We filed all the necessary papers, documents, everything else,” Trump said. “We notified all the various people that we have to notify. So we’ve done everything that you have to do. And this is official, effective immediately.”

35 comments:
I somehow think this is "less offensive" that what we tried in the Revolutionary and War of 1812....
Regardless of what Trump says or does, they will always be the Gulf of Mexico and Lake Ontario to me.
why? this is dumb.
Per Grok, five U.S. states have well-known incorporated places named Ontario --
California
Oregon
Ohio
Wisconsin
New York
Indisputable G.O.A.T: Greatest Of All Trolls.
Now if we could just die the whole thing gold.
This seems crazy to the rest of us, because we have never been the prime alpha, the top dog, the swinging dong in the kingdom. Trump has been that his whole life and reminding people of it, especially adversaries, is a main part of the script for that character. You have to play it convincingly.
If they want to, I guess Canada could decide to rename the United States to the "Confederate States of Canada". I don't think we can stop them.
Au contraire - if anything it should be changed to Lake New York.
Le lac America, it will be known as.
Consider Leftie noses tweaked.
It's a native American name and this will just make more people hate him.
Waste of time. Like we need MORE leftist hate?
No no. Change it to Katarokwi - the Indian name. Or spell it right. Its Ontarí'io
Another massive troll by Trump. I'm going to miss him when he's gone.
"It's a native American name and this will just make more people hate him."
Nobody is going to think "I like what Trump's done up to now, but this is just too much. Now I hate him."
While were at it, lets just drop the "North" from "North America".
Ontario: " Common translations are “beautiful lake,” “great lake,” “sparkling water,” or “lake of shining waters.”
Indigenous peoples who lived around the lake used versions of this name long before Europeans arrived. The first European known to have seen the lake was Étienne Brûlé in 1615. French explorers and mapmakers began using “Ontario” for the lake by 1641; it appears on maps by 1656. They also tried other names (Lac Frontenac, Lac St. Louis), but the Indigenous name is the one that lasted. ~ Grok
To really piss off the bien pensants he could name it Lake Calhoun (Minneapolis reference).
Now that he's won the war he can turn his brilliant mind to more important things.
In a related E.O., Trump has named himself as Chief of all Indigenous peoples in the Americas, so it is still an Indigenous name.
"If they want to, I guess Canada could decide to rename the United States to the "Confederate States of Canada". I don't think we can stop them"
I'm told the Canadian government is giving serious consideration to renaming Manhattan "Epstein Island". Thank you for your attention to this matter!
Trolling is often annoying.
"Trump has named himself as Chief of all Indigenous peoples."
I wish. That would be worth our time.
Many people say THE American side of the once Niagara Falls is going to be called EPSTEIN FALLS. A tariff for a tariff! beautiful. Children in the playpen...
"Consider Leftie noses tweaked."
The left is okay with enabling voting fraud, stealing tax dollars intended for the poor, killing unborn babies, letting violent criminals out of jail, preventing illegal alien rapists and murderers from being deported and assassinating their political opponents but renaming a lake is a bridge too far?
It's funny what sets them off, don't you think?
Did Trump Mail In delivery of signed and sealed paperwork or hand over in person?
Someone named rhe continent "North America", an American trilogy, united in states.
I would like to rename Lake Michigan to "Lake Taqiyya". It's has a pretty sound. It sounds like mermaids riding a unicorn playin flutes.
People who clutch their pearls over Trump's "Vulgarity" and "Trolling" are the same losers who gave Romney and McCain. And would have given us DeSantis and Yeb! if they'd had their way.
Good losers. But Still losers.
BTW, Rod Dreher is still doing this. Whenever he's given a chance he's still attacking trump's "character" or actions. He wants signal "Dont think I'm one of those icky MAGA types. I'm a reasonable conservative".
He alternates that with moaning about how Nazis are on the march and how terrible the DSA is.
“Au contraire - if anything it should be changed to Lake New York”
Lake Empire (but unfortunately I was not consulted.)
It seems that at least one of them should be called "Lake Inferior".
HAMES doesn’t work as well. Perhaps SHAME?
Whatever you do, don’t dead name it.
"Lake Empire (but unfortunately I was not consulted.)"
Not Lake Constitutional Republic?
I never cease to be amused by the outrage he creates from all the usual suspects.
You do know you don't have to swing at every pitch, right?
If we are going to get out of our $40 trillion of national debt, Trump is just the President to do that and he may be trying to provoke a war with Canada.to that end.
Canada declares war over Lake America. We surrender unconditionally. Canada makes America a Province, the Canadian Dollar our currency, and our debt goes the way of Confederate bonds.
He may be wild and pissing people off for nothing, but when I think back to McCain and Romney being our alternatives to corruption, I'll take this any day. They were both just Obama in A Whiter Shade of Pale.
Post a Comment
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.