July 23, 2021

"I want to make sure that this U.S. Senate seat is retained in Republican hands.You see what the media’s doing to me. I may not be the best candidate."

"I wouldn’t run if I don’t think I could win, if I don’t think I was the best person to be able to win.... This is an incredibly frustrating place here... Having come from the private sector, running a successful business. Being able to accomplish things. When you just see the dysfunction that is Washington, D.C., it can be pretty frustrating.... I feel really bad that I’ve been here now probably 11 years and we’ve doubled the debt.... Obamacare’s still in place, and we’ve doubled the debt. I don’t feel like my time here has been particularly successful."

Said Ron Johnson, quoted in "US Sen. Ron Johnson: 'I may not be the best candidate' for 2022" (Wisconsin State Journal).

1 comment:

Ann Althouse said...

Temujin writes:

"I love this guy's frankness. I've always loved that he's one of the few up there with the guts to say what needs to be said, to take positions based on his personal philosophical base, not the latest polls, and to take the heat, but keep fighting. Frankly I wish we had 30 more Ron Johnsons."