June 30, 2021

"I'm on my feet all day long with the kittens and so many litter boxes you have to bend over."

"My husband says to me, 'You don't even have to do the five mile walk this morning. You were on your feet all day long with the foster kittens.' So yes, I guess I'm holding kittens and leaning over for litter boxes, scooping poop all day."

Said Howard Stern's wife Beth, quoted in a very puffy puff piece at Hamptons.com, where I clicked through to from "Fans outraged by Howard Stern’s summer off after $500M Sirius XM deal."

Imagine having that much wealth and spending your time so deeply involved in cat shit?

It made me think of this video I saw the other day of Curtis Sliwa, the GOP candidate for mayor of New York:

 

No one but the cat people can fathom the mysteries of the cat people.

2 comments:

Ann Althouse said...

Bart writes: "Cats have a tremendously important message to teach all of us -- it does not matter one bit whether they are yellow, or black, or brown, or white, or grey, or some bizarre combination of any or all of these ... so long as they actually catch mice."

Ann Althouse said...

Elizabeth writes:

I follow Beth Stern on IG, solely for the cats she fosters. Her high profile and wealth give her the ability to foster and adopt out a tremendous number of cats. She’s saved countless kitties. Just this week, she’s brought in a group rescued from an abusive situation. I think she has a wing in her home(s) dedicated to fosters, and I imagine she helps with vet care as needed.

I don’t consider her a crazy cat lady; she’s just someone with means whose found a calling in working on cat rescue. I don’t know how many she has at any given time, and she likely has help. But a lot of animals have homes and families because of her. Whatever she’s doing, I hope she continues.