May 20, 2021

"I'm a girl and I don't understand why other girls are obsessed with eyebrows. Can someone please explain."

"It’s not only a girl thing! Many people like to groom and apply makeup to their brows because it can change your whole face! Beautiful brows have the power to intensify your look and to kinda “put together” your facial features :)"/"They do a ton to shape someone's face. Just google 'celebrities without eyebrows' and see what a difference they make..." 

From a discussion in the Bad Makeup Artists subreddit. 

And I know my audience well enough to put this up so you don't feel you need to find it for me: 

 

 Secondary "Seinfeld" eyebrows clip: 

 

But do click on that "celebrities without eyebrows" link above. You may not "care" about eyebrows, and it's certainly true that some girls care too much about their eyebrows, but you will care about eyebrows.

4 comments:

Ann Althouse said...

Kate writes:

“My eyebrows are still dark and strong. My near-sighted vision worsens every year, though, and I can't see my brows well enough to pluck them. (Bifocals cover the thing you're trying to see.) Some days I feel lucky. I know that women go to great lengths, such as microblading, to fill in pale or fading eyebrows. Some days I feel cursed. I'm embracing the bushy look, but I hate it. Without a regular aesthetician visit, or my very own MUA, what choice do I have?

“P.S.: We just watched "Postcard from the Edge", which has a great eyebrow scene.

“P.P.S.: shame on you for directing anyone to that nightmare fuel of a google search, lol.”

Great movie!

Ann Althouse said...

Birches writes:

“ When I was younger and cared more, eyebrows we're thinner and very sculpted, but in the past few years, bushier eyebrows were more trendy.

“See here: https://www.ohmymag.co.uk/beauty/these-25-women-are-rocking-their-natural-eyebrows_art3490.html

“I thought this new trend would be great since I naturally have bushier eyebrows. I tried to go that direction and decided I didn't like it. It looked too unkempt, probably because they were. Sad! ”

Ann Althouse said...

Mezzrow sends this link to Brezhnev within eyebrows

https://www.reddit.com/r/COMPLETEANARCHY/comments/60nryp/leonid_brezhnev_without_eyebrows/

The authority is gone.

Ann Althouse said...

Mary writes “ Tilda Swinton. Actress. Best no eyebrows ever.”

True.