May 15, 2021

"I feel the need to continue wearing my mask outside even though I’m fully vaccinated because the inconvenience of having to wear a mask is more than worth it to have people not think I’m a conservative 😬."

 Tweets activist David Hogg. (I got there via Instapundit.)

This tweet is so perfect that I thought it might be a fake David Hogg making fun of lefties, but it's the blue check mark David Hogg, so I'm trusting Twitter that it's really him. I'm saying it's "perfect" because it sounds exactly like someone without much comic talent doing some heavy-handed, obvious political humor. It seemed like what right-wing people imagine left-wing people are thinking. But it's the left-wing person himself, and I guess he thinks he's being funny.

1 comment:

Ann Althouse said...

Email from Lee:

Ann,
Hogg is completely sincere.
(Lefties, as a group, are utterly humorless.)

Read his Twitter thread--he NEVER engages in humor.

Lee

PS--And Twitter is bursting with lefties swearing allegiance to masking forever. this morning They are serious too.
Yes, Leftism is a mental illness. Or at minimum, their religion.
Masking became the equivalent of wearing a crucifix or a yarmulke.


Maybe this "completely sincere" look is an elaborate pose. It may emerge that Hogg is a comic genius, a la Andy Kaufman.