June 17, 2014

It was 20 years ago today...

... that we watched a 90-minute TV show that consisted of a white SUV driving on an LA freeway. It was experienced as very exciting because the SUV contained a famous person and we were told that he was pointing a .357 Magnum at his head and maybe we'd get to see it live — a celebrity blowing his head off.

82 comments:

Gahrie said...

There is footage from around then of a man blowing his head off at a press conference.

Skeptical Voter said...

Wouldn't have made a big splash. OJ was never the sharpest tool (ouch since he used a knife) in the box.

mccullough said...

OJ ruined the Bronco for Ford.

Michael K said...

I was standing in the bar of the Denali Lodge in Alaska watching.

traditionalguy said...

It looked like a Nascar Race re-start. Hollywood does like its shows.

tim in vermont said...

We tried to lynch him. We tried out best. I was talking to the head of the white race just yesterday, and he expressed chagrin, that's right, "chagrin" was his word, that we were unable to frame OJ.

The Crack Emcee said...

"It was 20 years ago today that we watched a 90-minute TV show that consisted of a white SUV driving on an LA freeway. It was experienced as very exciting because the SUV contained a famous person and we were told that he was pointing a .357 Magnum at his head and maybe we'd get to see it live — a celebrity blowing his head off."

That perfectly captures why a large part of black America was crying.

Please make a note:

White people will wipe all the context out of anything, just like you didn't mention the racial aspects when paraphrasing the Scott Walker article.

The "white" Bronco - holding a "running" black man and his best friend - followed by a fleet of slow-moving squad cars filled with overseers, lights ablaze, because of a dead white woman's body, all meant nothing?

It was just another celebrity, who might blow his head off.

It HAS to be weird, to be THAT disconnected from our surroundings.

I mean, I could spot the Scott Walker thing coming, from here, and I've never been to Wisconsin or anything.

You see O.J.'s travails and miss why were watching entirely.

O.J. went to school, here, in San Francisco. He's not just some celebrity. He was one of us.

No wonder it's so hard, to build anything, when so many are determined to wipe the foundation away,...

mikee said...

I distinctly recall my white neighbor, in my all-white suburb of Baltimore, saying again and again during the trial that if OJ was found not guilty, he (my neighbor) was going to start a white-led race riot and burn down our entire neighborhood in protest, starting with the liquor store nearby and then his own lovely home.

Then he'd laugh, and have another sip of his beer.

Was this racist of him? I still laugh to remember it, but I was born in Carolina of a mom from PA, so I can't tell and also can't pronounce "pecan" the same way twice.

cubanbob said...

He could have done the world a favor and killed himself at the time.

Trivia question: who remembers the dancing Ito's?

Mark O said...

Then the trial. With the First Kardashian. Then, reality TV.

The verdict was the result of gross malpractice by the LA DA's office, including, among other vivid mistakes, asking OJ to try on a glove.

MayBee said...

We wouldn't have been able to see him blow his head off.

It was exciting because it was so unusual, and we had no idea what would happen next. A real-life plot turn.

How could we have imagined what would come of that chase would be Keeping Up With the Kardashians?

Nonapod said...

I remember at the time as a young nerd I only knew OJ as some kind of sports guy who had appeared in the Naked Gun movies.

Anonymous said...

It is very terrible of me to say, of course, but the U.S. as a nation, and especially the reputation of the criminal justice system, would have been so much better if the coward Simpson had just pulled the trigger.

The coverage of the "chase" (and the trial) was a watershed moment in the slide of the MSM from authority and dignity to clownish irrelevance. But hey, it pulled in some numbers!

traditionalguy said...

Memories. Johnny Cochran used to say OJ was always invited to Thanksgiving dinner, because he was the only one who knew how to slice the white meat.

David said...

Arnold Palmer never writes. And he never calls.

OJ was at the top, the very top, and then he tumbled, tumbled, tumbled.

Guilty? I thought so based on the blood trails. But when he put on that glove, it must have raised doubt with the jury.

I've never seen a good account of the jury and jurors and what they were thinking. I have no doubt that racial solidarity was was an element but what else was driving them? Maybe they had real doubts. Maybe they were as disgusted with the whole circus of the trial as a lot of other people were. There were some strange people on the prosecution team (including the witnesses) and the jury had to sense that.

But the narrative is set now. It won't change.

Anonymous said...

It's sad really. Here is a guy who murdered his wife and her boyfriend and we are chasing him down the freeway?

This man, OJ, wasn't responsible for his actions. The white race and hundreds of years of slavery and racism are responsible. Instead of chasing him, we should be paying him reparations for taking out two of the evil race.

Matt Sablan said...

I was nine years old when that happened. Wow. Seems forever ago.

When I think about it, if I were a juror, I may have found the same way they did. The prosecution bungled the case horribly.

Skeptical Voter said...

Well if Obama had blown his brains out, it wouldn't have made a big mess.

He was never the sharpest crayon in the box. But he was good with sharp knives.

Larry J said...

David said...

Guilty? I thought so based on the blood trails. But when he put on that glove, it must have raised doubt with the jury.


Try putting on a leather glove while wearing a rubber glove.

Crunchy Frog said...

The OJ case was doomed from the start, when the DA's office moved it downtown because they didn't want a replay of the riots from two years before. They wanted him convicted by a black jury instead of one full of white people in West LA.

Everything went downhill from there.

MathMom said...

I was sitting in my living room in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia watching it.

Just so Crack knows, I said to my husband, "no way did OJ Simpson do any such thing". Then OJ convinced me that he did. But I'm white, so of course I'd think that.

Idiots who asked him to put on leather gloves that had been soaked and allowed to dry (ie SHRINK), then have him put them on over freaking latex gloves? What was that about? I have leather gloves in my garage that got wet when I was using them, and they dried and now don't fit me. That's what leather does - shrinks when it gets wet.

Did OJ ever find the real killers?

Ann Althouse said...

"We wouldn't have been able to see him blow his head off."

Oh, yes. There was plenty of talk about how the drive was to get him to his home and there were cameras there ready to show him getting out of his car, and there was every reason to think that he would kill himself right there. I remember watching and feeling nervous about that, thinking I did not want to see that. That was very much a part of the show.

Ann Althouse said...

When he got home, he simply walked from the car to the house, and that was the end of it. That then seemed strange, like: What were we watching?

pdug said...

We just wanted to see a monumental bust.

MayBee said...

I remember watching and feeling nervous about that, thinking I did not want to see that. That was very much a part of the show.

If you didn't want to see that and it was very much part of the show, why did you watch?

Wince said...

What I remember most was watching Peter Jennings' national ABC news coverage when a Howard Stern crank caller was able to get on the air live.

"I can see OJ and he looks scared!"

Claiming to be Simpson's Brentwood neighbor, Robert Higgins, with a exaggerated, ebonic African-American accent, my suspicions were up from the get-go as I listened.

Perhaps one of the first cuts in the long, slow demise of MSM credibility over the last 20 years.

MadisonMan said...

He's sparing no expense to find his wife's killer! Remember that!

Drago said...

Crack: "The "white" Bronco - holding a "running" black man ..."

Whenever a black person gets into a white vehicle crack cries a little.

On the inside.

'cuz metaphor.

Most aircraft are painted white, thus air travel is racist.

Almost.

Crack only flies American.

Unless the pilots are white.

Unknown said...

Who is this "we" you speak of? I didn't watch it. Not having any interest in watching someone commit suicide.

Big Mike said...

Did OJ ever find the real killers?

He does every morning when he looks in the mirror to shave.

Drago said...

mccullough said...
OJ ruined the Bronco for Ford.

The Bronco was already on the way out to be replaced by the more cost effective 2-door (automatic or stick) Explorer.

Virgil Hilts said...

I remember (perhaps falsely) that the Portland trailblazers were playing in a playoff game and the network could not bring itself to either break away from the game or not show the historical chase, and so weirdly split the screen so you could not really tell what was happening on either side.

Ironclad said...

Hey MathMom - I was in my study in the new townhouses in Abqaiq when they announced the verdict, listening on short wave. Stunned by the verdict.

Aramco rocked then. It's all closed down there now.

Curious George said...

"The Crack Emcee said...

O.J. went to school, here, in San Francisco. He's not just some celebrity. He was one of us.

No wonder it's so hard, to build anything, when so many are determined to wipe the foundation away,..."

OJ wiped it away. Left you and the hood behind. Talked white. Dressed white. Married white.

Ann Althouse said...

"If you didn't want to see that and it was very much part of the show, why did you watch?"

I didn't sit there watching the whole thing, and, in fact, my parents had emphasized the importance of not spectating at a disaster. They had lived through the Texas City disaster, shortly before I was born, and I owe my existence to their principle (as I have described on this blog at least once).

Drago said...

Crack: "It HAS to be weird, to be THAT disconnected from our surroundings."

Hey, you know what was REALLY disconnected?

Ron Goldman's and Nicole Brown's heads.

Actually, they were both almost fully decapitated.

Not all the way. OJ was unable to complete that step.

Thus: decapitations are racist.

Near-decapitations most decidely not racist.

Unless the decapitations are performed by muslims.

In which case crack is totally cool with them.

Bilwick said...

At the time of later stages of the trial, a friend of mine (Jewish, for the benefit of the ethnicity-obsessed* Uncle Crack) was talking with an educated African-American white collar worker who reported that her workers in her office were completely split on the subject of OJ's innocence or guilt.

My friend said, "What's the split? Black against White?"

"No," the woman replied, "educated Black versus uneducated Black." The latter believed OJ was innocent.

*you know, as most stupid people, white or Black, tend to be.

Bilwick said...

At the time of later stages of the trial, a friend of mine (Jewish, for the benefit of the ethnicity-obsessed* Uncle Crack) was talking with an educated African-American white collar worker who reported that her workers in her office were completely split on the subject of OJ's innocence or guilt.

My friend said, "What's the split? Black against White?"

"No," the woman replied, "educated Black versus uneducated Black." The latter believed OJ was innocent.

*you know, as most stupid people, white or Black, tend to be.

Skyler said...

Ann, you sometimes have very odd ways of seeing things. I didn't know anyone who thought he was even remotely likely to shoot himself. I didn't watch, but I also knew that it was all a stunt to avoid getting arrested.

Bruce Hayden said...

The OJ case was doomed from the start, when the DA's office moved it downtown because they didn't want a replay of the riots from two years before. They wanted him convicted by a black jury instead of one full of white people in West LA.

A couple years after that, was flying somewhere, and the guy next to me was a good friend of the DA. Apparently, they knew they were likely to lose when the Black ministers visited him (the DA), and convinced him to move the trial downtown. The attorneys assigned were apparently second stringers, thrown in there as a Hail Mary, one Black, one woman, JIC they could pull it off using that.

Nevertheless, I am still a non-believer. As my crim law prof (well respected crim defense atty that you occasionally see as a talking head), there are essentially two types of murder - premeditated and crimes of passion. The latter are the bloody ones, and many, if not most, of the former are not bloody at all. And, crimes of passion are also the ones where knives are more likely.

That got me thinking - was this a crime of premeditation, or one of passion. The knife and all the blood would suggest a crime of passion or opportunity. But, the very tight timing required would require a lot of planning.

And, in retrospect, with OJ's later actions, I just don't think that he was smart enough to have pulled it off, and still made his flight that night. This is the same guy who essentially participated in an armed robbery in a casino in Las Vegas - which have some of the best video surveillance in the world. They just weren't going to get away with it, absent a lot more work hiding their identities, which they didn't work that hard to accomplish. This wasn't the master caper that your would expect from someone who could have put together those murders, and then make the plane for an alibi. I just don't think that he has the brains to have pulled it off.

Finally, read a book a couple years after the trial written by some of the jurors. Their point was that the state did not prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. That is what the bloody glove really meant - that was, if nothing else, reasonable doubt. Possibly coloring their view though is that being Black, they probably trusted the police less than many Whites do, and so were more skeptical about police, etc. testimony than some others might have been.

Finally, along those lines, knowing what I knew at the time, I would have voted to acquit, due to the apparently illegally obtained evidence, most notably by Mark Furhman illegally going over OJ's fence. They had no viable excuse why they didn't get a warrant first. They were just lazy.

mikeski said...

I remember (perhaps falsely) that the Portland trailblazers were playing in a playoff game and the network could not bring itself to either break away from the game or not show the historical chase, and so weirdly split the screen so you could not really tell what was happening on either side.

It was Game 5 of the NBA Finals. Knicks v. Rockets. My wife - a diehard Knick fan - called up local NBC in NY to see if they would stay with the game full screen and, when that didn't work, took to yelling at the cops to "shoot that asshole so we can watch the game!"

There's a great documentary that's part of the ESPN 30 For 30 series called "June 17, 1994".

jr565 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MathMom said...

Ironclad -

I was watching on AFRTS. We saw the verdict, and they shut down AFRTS for all but military about two days later. Mostly because of rather vulgar content on Arsenio Hall, polluting the locals.

I'm glad to have lived there, and glad to be back.

You?

jr565 said...

Crack Emcee wrote:
"O.J. went to school, here, in San Francisco. He's not just some celebrity. He was one of us.

No wonder it's so hard, to build anything, when so many are determined to wipe the foundation away,..."

And he sliced his wifes neck so bad he nearly decapitated her. And then killed Ronald Goldman. So what if he was one of you.

jr565 said...

The OJ Simpson case and 9/11 were both litmus tests for me as to whether people I knew were sane or not.
A lot of them weren't.

jr565 said...

Crack wrote:
No wonder it's so hard, to build anything, when so many are determined to wipe the foundation away,...

OJ wiped his own foundation away by garroting his wife. Period. White America had no desire, before he killed her, to "lynch" OJ. If he fell its because he was a brutal murderer.

jr565 said...

Bruce Hayden,
The problem with the cops framing OJ story is that, one they just met each other. But two, suppose they decided then and there to frame OJ, what if other evidence came out in the course of the search that suggested a different perp. So they would be framing a man before they even knew whether there was evidence that would reveal their frame job to be a lie.
In other words, there would have to be a grand conspiracy to frame OJ before they even arrived at the scene. Why would the cops do that?

Shanna said...

I remember at the time as a young nerd I only knew OJ as some kind of sports guy who had appeared in the Naked Gun movies.

I went to the last naked gun movie at the dollar theater at some point around that whole mess and we had to leave early because there was almost a gang fight. I thought it was an odd choice of movie for that until I realized later OJ was in it. Duh.

People watched the car chase because when don't people watch car chases if they are on tv? It's watching the trial verdict with a mixed group of about 90 high school students I remember best, though. Half cheers, half 'that guy just got away with murder' disgust.

jr565 said...


"Finally, read a book a couple years after the trial written by some of the jurors. Their point was that the state did not prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'll grant some latitude to the jury in that they were sequestered and didnt' see a lot of things that people watching the trial were seeing who weren't sequestered. But not serving on the jury there is no possible way I could view him as anything but guilty.
There was no cop conspiracy to frame Oj. it was a simple case of the guy killing his wife. And the defense using smoke and mirrors to deflect from his guilt. And not even very well. Only extremely gullible people would fall for it.

Michael said...

Bruce Hayden

It was in that trial that it became obvious to me that "beyond a reasonable doubt" meant something different to the American jury pool than it was supposed to mean. Jurors thought (think?) that a fair trial represents a fifty fifty chance of getting off even if the evidence is quite clear in the opposite dirction. We saw it in OJ, the Anthony trial, etc.

I think OJ was more capable of action than planning and got away with murder because he was quick and lucky. The Las Vegas caper showed him in his poor planning mode. The former had passion and anger coupled with luck.

jr565 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jr565 said...

It was 20 years ago today
OJ killed and got away
He avoided having to go to jail
even though he left a huge blood trail
So may I introduce to you
The act you've known for all these years
OJ Simpson murdering husband

jr565 said...

Daniel Petrocelli said it best:
"No one ever saw a second glove at Bundy. cops were crawling all over this crime scene for two full hours before Fuhrman arrived. They found one glove only, not two. There was no second glove at Bundy to plant at Rockingham.

For many hours after the discovery of the bodies, police were canvassing the Bundy neighborhood, knocking on doors, asking what people had seen or heard. How did Fuhrman know what this would reveal? What if someone had said, "I saw four short men with ski masks come tearing out of the condo and go running south on Bundy at 10:45? Or, "It was three white guys. One had red hair, one was blond, the third was six-foot-eight and had rings in his nose. Their car was blocking my driveway and I got the license plate"? Where's his frame job then? How did Fuhrman know an eyewitness would not walk right up to the police and say, "I saw the murders"? If he'd planted the glove at Rockingham and they'd caught a different killer, Fuhrman would go to jail. conceivably for life.

The crime scene was swimming in blood. How did Fuhrman know whose blood that was? The real killer could have dropped gallons all over the garden. It could have been anyone's blood. The killer would have been positively identified by this blood, clearing Simpson and leaving Fuhrman exposed.

What if the glove Fuhrman supposedly planted at Rockingham was covered with someone's blood other than Simpson's? To frame Simpson, you need Simpson's blood at Simpson's home. How could Fuhrman possibly know the blood on the glove was Simpson's?

What if Simpson had an air-tight alibi? Fuhrman was sleeping when the cops caught the call. How did he know Simpson wasn't on an airplane or at a restaurant or making a television appearance at the time of the murders?

There are no answers to these and many, many more questions except to say that this theory of the planted glove is absurd and discredited. It didn't happen. The glove was found at Rockingham for one reason: OJ Simpson dropped it there falling against a wall in the dark when returning from killing Ron and Nicole."

IT IS SIMPLY PREPOSTEROUS THAT THE COPS PLANTED THE GLOVE. And makes zero logical sense.
If then extent of your viewing guilt or innocence is "if the glove don't fit you must acquit" then people can sell you anything.
Logically, the frame job argument makes no sense. Why didn't anyone in the jury apply basic common sense before coming to their verdict?

jr565 said...

I was on a jury once and it ended up being deadlocked because two jurors refused to convict the black defendant. The case was so air tight we were explaining to them how it was physically impossible for him not to be innocent. (The defense was arguing that they had the wrong guy)
For example one of the witnesses said the defendant described himself as "Supreme" because he had a tattoo that said Supreme on his arm. The defendant had that tatoo on his arm. The cops were involved in a sting to try to get the defendant. They had one of the people who was a witness call him and have him come to her house. The defendant drove up to her house and was arrested. There was a record of the phone call on the defendant's phone. And yet they were arguing that it was a coincidence, and didn't prove that he was the guy. And yet couldn't explain why the defendant went to the witnesses house.
Logically, their refusal to convict made no sense whatsoever. One of the jurors out and out said she wouldn't convict a black man unless their was video evidence of the crime. (Even though all the victims in the crime were black, and even though one of the cops testifying was black).
ANd we had a hung jury. Seeing it with my own eyes made me realize are often dumber than rocks OR have an agenda when serving and will not treat the evidence honestly.

MayBee said...

This wasn't the master caper that your would expect from someone who could have put together those murders, and then make the plane for an alibi.

Put together the murder?

He drove a few minutes, rang his wife's doorbell, slashed her throat, slashed the throat of the guy who mistakenly appeared as it happened, then got in the car and drove a few minutes home. Changed his clothes, put the bloody stuff in a bag, and got in his limo to the airport.

Hardly any skill involved.
Believe he didn't do it if you will, but this wasn't any ingenious, well executed plot.

Rusty said...

You have to admire OJs defense team though. they managed to convict everybody on the prosecution side.

MayBee said...

I didn't sit there watching the whole thing,

Ah. That's perhaps why our memories about it are different. I had it on tv the whole time (I was ironing!) and didn't expect to see him kill himself and didn't feel lento anticipate seeing it happen.

By contrast, a few years ago a Bentley was being chased by the LAPD, and many at the time thought it was Chris Brown, who had recently beaten Rihanna.
It wasn't him, but when the guy pulled over he was distraught. I couldn't watch and didn't. He indeed did kill himself lateen the night for all to see, and I always wondered if the attention due to the mistaken identity didn't inflame things.

Ann Althouse said...

"(I was ironing!)"

I remember ironing while the House was voting to impeach Clinton.

(I don't iron that often!)

The Crack Emcee said...

Most of you describing the killings forget, we didn't know much about that as the chase was going down, so your silly "OJ wiped his own foundation away" talk wasn't even applicable.

Considering you guys say stupid shit, like that, I have no idea why you speak. Like Ann, you're way out of the loop.

BTW - I was recording Clinton's impeachment,...

jr565 said...

"if the glove don't fit you must acquit"

Just because the defense offers an alternative theory of the crime, doesn't mean that that means that there is reasonable doubt, or that its even reasonable as an alternative theory of the crime.
The cops framed OJ was not a reasonable argument. And jurors should have been able to see that. But even more importantly, people who weren't sitting on the jury should see that.
Answer any of Daniel Petrocelli's questions. If you can't then there is no way the cops would have or could have framed OJ. therefore, the glove was there with OJ's blood on it because OJ cut himself and dropped the glove.
Period.
OJ did it. 100% guilty.

jr565 said...

"Most of you describing the killings forget, we didn't know much about that as the chase was going down, so your silly "OJ wiped his own foundation away" talk wasn't even applicable."

I wasn't talking about him wiping his foundation way in hindsight, knowing what we know about the trial, Not while he was driving and being chased by the cops.
Do many black people still actually think he was innocent?

jr565 said...

IN my earlier statement "how it was physically impossible for him not to be innocent" should obviously be "physically impossible for him to be innocent" (Damn not having an edit button)

MathMom said...

Considering you guys say stupid shit, like that, I have no idea why you speak.

White privilege! Duh!

MayBee said...

I remember ironing while the House was voting to impeach Clinton.

(I don't iron that often!)


Ha!

I remember my mom ironing during Watergate.

Ironing must make memorable events happen.

tim in vermont said...

I have decided that Crack is basically an "agent provocateur."

He seems sincere enough in this thread, but I resolve to ignore him from now on, before he starts affecting the way I view blacks as people.

Drago said...

Crack: "Considering you guys say stupid shit, like that, I have no idea why you speak."

6/17/14, 5:33 PM

LOL

Crack (from the Lois Lerner Thread): "Remember: The software at the VA hasn't been updated since 1985,..."

6/17/14, 9:36 AM

Now THAT, is some industrial grade stupid.

But we must remember, according to Crack himself, some white guy told him that, so it's not his fault for posting something any 10 year old could tell was patently false!

LOL

Drago said...

Crack: " Like Ann, you're way out of the loop."

LOL

You might want to update your knowledge of IT systems past the status quo of the 1980's.

It might help to keep you from posting really stupid s***.

But then again....not.

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous. People weren't watching to see a celebrity blow his head off. They watch police car chases all the time that don't involve celebrities and that don't offer heads being blown off.

A police car chase is just interesting. Sure, a celebrity makes it more interesting, but there's no reason to assume blood-lust is involved.

The Godfather said...

I wasn't particularly interested in the slow-mo car chase, but I have two vivid memories of the Simpson case.

1. When the DA's Office announced they were going to seek the death penalty for Simpson, a bunch of us lawyers were having lunch in the law firm cafeteria. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, thought OJ was guilty (we're all white, so you can draw your own conclusions), and in our innocence we assumed he'd be convicted. But I remember one of us (believing him guilty of the brutal murder of two people) saying, "Oh no, they can't execute The Juice!"

2. I saw 3 or 4 days of the trial on TV. I had a really bad case of the flu and was home with nothing much to do. The entire time was taken up with the direct examination of Kato Kallin (if that's misspelled, forgive me), who was living in the Simpson guest house at the time of the murder, but who didn't actually see anything. Now, I'm not a criminal lawyer, and even on the civil side I've only been involved in a couple of jury cases, but even a rank amateur like me could see that this was no way to try this case. Here you had a violent, ghastly crime. You want the jury to remember that -- not be anaesthetized.

The Crack Emcee said...

The official also said the VA needs to update its scheduling software package, which the department has been using since 1985. “It predates the internet and Blockbuster’s rise and fall,” he said.

Drago is white. Thus, white people must be liars - that's my logic and I'm sticking with it:

The official said the VA needs to update its scheduling software package, which the department has been using since 1985. “It predates the internet and Blockbuster’s rise and fall,” he said.

I wish there was some way to hold people down and fart in their faces on the internet.

Oh well, watching them run away, like scared white rabbits, will have to do,...

The Crack Emcee said...

jr565,

"Do many black people still actually think he was innocent?"

Yep - and it's a testament, to how little we trust white people, that's true.

Whites have done so much dirt, they can say the sky's blue and most blacks will look sideways at them.

Congrats on setting a level of integrity there, folks,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Drago,

You might want to update your ability to research shit you claim can't be true - makes you look like the ass you are.

Shanna said...

Yep - and it's a testament, to how little we trust white people, that's true.

Even after he wrote a book that basically said 'I totally did it, ya'll and here's how!'?

That's ridiculous.

The Crack Emcee said...

Shanna,

"Even after he wrote a book that basically said 'I totally did it, ya'll and here's how!'?

That's ridiculous."

White people made him say it.

See how it works? Totally fits the white narrative. Whites don't give themselves credit for how much dirt they've done to blacks in 4 centuries. There aren't too many scenarios they haven't fucked-up to such an extent, somebody black has a story that can make the whites look questionable.

And unfortunately, rather than trying to change that image, whites are trying to insist we endorse one we don't know to be true.

That of whites as nice, fair, justice-loving Americans.

That's what's ridiculous,....

jr565 said...

Crack Emcee wrote:
Yep - and it's a testament, to how little we trust white people, that's true.

Whites have done so much dirt, they can say the sky's blue and most blacks will look sideways at them.

Then they're dumb. Letting their paranoia overtake their own eyes and common sense.

jr565 said...

Crack Emcee wrote:

See how it works? Totally fits the white narrative. Whites don't give themselves credit for how much dirt they've done to blacks in 4 centuries. There aren't too many scenarios they haven't fucked-up to such an extent, somebody black has a story that can make the whites look questionable.

OJ almost decapitated his wife. That doesn't make whites look questionable that make OJ look questionable. The fact that you are trying to deflect OJ killing his woman to white guilt makes you look questionable.

jr565 said...

"And unfortunately, rather than trying to change that image, whites are trying to insist we endorse one we don't know to be true.

That of whites as nice, fair, justice-loving Americans." Based on your narrative blacks are not justice fair loving Americans. They're willing to look the other way on murders because of some bizarre demand for white penance, paranoid and racist and want to not be around white people.

jr565 said...

Crack Emcee wrote:
Whites have done so much dirt, they can say the sky's blue and most blacks will look sideways at them.

Congrats on setting a level of integrity there, folks,..

If black ignore reality simply because whites utter it, then that's a character flaw of blacks not whites.
You're right integration was a mistake. So, why don't you leave?

Wilbur said...

I've visited this blog for a few months now, and I was immediately struck by how often people leapt at the chum bait spewed from Mr. Emcee.

Then I found his writing consistently so clouded and incoherent - filled with oblique references and so unclear as to be annoying - that I just took to skipping over them, like I do the posts from that BetaMax nut.

The Crack Emcee said...

jr565,

"Then they're dumb. Letting their LIFE EXPERIENCE THAT'S KEPT THEM ALIVE overtake white's words.

FIFY

The Crack Emcee said...

Wilbur,

"The chum bait spewed from Mr. Emcee.

...I just took to skipping over them, like I do the posts from that BetaMax nut."

I'm always amazed by the number of white people who feel the need to ANNOUNCE this. It's the white mob mentality at work online. They want one so bad.

"Hey, everybody, gather 'round and see what I'm NOT reading!"

Get a rope.

I skip over white people's posts, but few of you know who - you know why? With few exceptions, I've never announced their names because there's no need.

But white people have needs.

Evil, sexual, murderous needs.

Just like their precious Founding Fathers,…

ROTFLMAO!!!

The Crack Emcee said...

Who wants to claim I'm either lying or stupid regarding the VA?

Three white people said that today.

Those non-racists who wrongly attack black guys must be so proud.

They're practically historical figures in their outlook,...