June 10, 2013

"What opinions will the Court issue today?... What’s the last day the Court will issue opinions?..."

We don't know what cases will come out today, but over at SCOTUSblog, where they'll live-blog the announcements (beginning at 9:30 ET), they predict that last day will be June 26 or 27 and that the same-sex marriage will come out on the last day. Here's the chart showing when cases were argued and which remain undecided. The one we've been waiting longest for is Fisher, the affirmative action case.

ADDED: Here's the live-blogging. I'll keep my eye on it. The other important case that could come out today is Shelby County, about Congress's power and the Voting Rights Act.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seventies Van Robot says:

The Supreme Court can Do Its Thing, But The Man Better Not Mess With the Van.

Anonymous said...

Seventies Van Robot says:

Outside Law Stops where the Inside of the Van Starts: Van Law.

Anonymous said...

Seventies Van Robot says:

If I Were a Supreme Court Judge Dude I'd Be Wearing my "I'm With Stupid" T-shirt Under My Robe when Hangin' out with the Other Supremes. Can't take it So Seriously, Dudes: Hang Loose.

Anonymous said...

Seventies Van Robot says:

If I Were on the Supreme Court I'd Pop a Tape of 'The Doobie Brothers' on the Eight-Track, Pass around a Joint and Some Beers and We'd Kick Out Some Mellow Law.

Strelnikov said...

Answer: Nothing of interest.