March 6, 2010

"So, it turns out 'plethora' is not the anatomical term for a naughty bit."

"That would explain why my friend Ruben has had no luck at all incorporating it into a pick-up line. Neither, it seems, is 'plectrum', which I now see in hindsight is the reason my doctor looked puzzled when I told him mine was red and swollen. Vocabulary can be a minefield for the unsuspecting. To his credit, though, my doctor looks puzzled and mildly annoyed when I say anything at all. He sees any comment of a symptomatic nature I might make as a willful erection of a roadblock against the swift completion of his Anthem-sanctioned rounds...."

That's the beginning of the text of a Crack Skull Bob post called "A Plethora of Devices" — which has some great drawings — of the completely SFW variety. The remainder of the text is less sexy and more pissily political than what you might want to read, but you might enjoy it. And, again, the drawings are very cool.

14 comments:

KCFleming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KCFleming said...

For some artists, creativity negates rational thought.

Among his errors, his vocabulary exceeds only his economics.

Good drawrings.

KCFleming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KCFleming said...

Ack!

Unknown said...

This guy hangs out with people who don't know the difference between plectrum and plethora?

And he's lecturing Republicans about what they don't know?

PS The first time I ever heard the Tea Partiers referred to as a think tank. I'm sure it's his idea of wit.

PPS Well, half a one.

Ann Althouse said...

What about philtrum?

traditionalguy said...

He is probably a philatelist that used his tongue to many times.

KCFleming said...

I thought his first paragraph was actually quite funny, reminding me of patients who talk about fireballs of the Eucharist (fibroids of the uterus).

But then it dissolved into the old adolescent whine "Why do things cost money"?

He should ask himself two simple questions:
(1) Why is the visit only 10 minutes long? (it's seven or less in the NHS, BTW)
(2) If his doctor is so rich, why is he still a sweaty guy in a polyester sport coat?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Althouse said...

The word he's thinking of that isn't "plectrum" is probably "frenulum."

kentuckyliz said...

Or perineum. Slang calls that "taint." He's an artist yknow what they're like. His perineum probably gets some rough treatment.

wally said...

I knew my right ear was buzzing for a reason. Thanks, all!

Popville said...

Whenever someone says plethora I am always reminded of Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of piƱatas?

Ann Althouse said...

Hi, Wally.