Today was special. Whenever you're having a problem with an app, the "Help" instructions always say to make sure you're using the latest version. After 25 years of computer use and too many problems an update actually fixed something.
If I was the Republican senate candidate in North Carolina I would go on tv and say:
My Friends and fellow citizens of the Tar Heel State, I see in the published polls that I am behind by 8 or 10% in the senate race. I feel that simple Republican principles of jobs for Americans and discouraging foreign countries from destroying good North Carolina companies and their hard working employees is something that we all should support, but the polls say that importing cheap labor and increasing unemployment for our children is attractive to you all.
So I am at a loss. In the recent devastating floods of Western North Carolina, the Democrats were proven to bypass the homes of Republicans and give money to Democrat voters. Is this what you want?
If so, vote against me. And rally to democrats who withhold help from you if you do not vote their way. If not, vote for me, and we can work to have honest government who does not divide us, that helps us all in time of need.
And God Bless North Carolina, and its people, however you vote!
“Will Trump still be President after the midterms? Yes. And will Congress - no matter who's in charge - still sit on their asses and do nothing? Yes. Will I still be stuck in a deep blue state - where my vote doesn't matter one bit - after the midterms? Yes, again. Wake me up when it's over.”
Trump secured our border. That alone kept us from going down the path of England, France, and Sweden. So pretending nothing of consequence has happened is wrong. Will he still be President after the midterms? Yes. Will Congress sit on their asses and do nothing? If the Democrats take over, they’ll do worse. They’ll impede our President at every turn. And your vote matters more than you think. House seats are won district by district, and even deep blue states have districts that can flip. Trump is campaigning for Republicans and asking us to turn out. Red state or deep blue state, vote Republican in November.
“Today Trump said he had the chance to impeach Hillary Clinton, but he didn’t because it was inappropriate. Huh? Can any of you Trump whisperers explain what he meant?
“Donald Trump made this statement on October 2, 2026, while speaking to reporters outside the White House. Context of the Remarks • The Question: According to HuffPost, a reporter asked Trump how he viewed the possibility of a third impeachment if Democrats won control of Congress in the upcoming midterm elections. • The Response: Trump joked that he was "getting good at it" and dismissed previous proceedings as a "fake impeachment". • The Mention of Clinton and Biden: Trump stated, "It's a fake impeachment, and we could've done that with 'Sleepy' Joe [Biden], but we didn't do it because it wouldn't have been appropriate. I could've done that with Hillary Clinton, as you know. I had the chance to do it if I wanted, and I said, 'That would be inappropriate,' but with me, they like to do it."
I saw Toad the Wet Sprocket in concert in Berkeley around 1994. Hootie and the Blowfish were opening for them, but Hootie's first album was blowing through the roof. So Toad invited Darius Rucker to join them and sing several of their songs because of his amazing voice. It was a great show.
Remember that North Carolina was entrusted with a young girl from Ukraine. She had an honest job, earned her living and tried to be happy. Her happiness was robbed by the blindness of liberal city democrats. She was stabbed in the neck by someone who should rightfully have been in jail.
To democrats the victim is just the dirty laundry the violent killer kicks aside on the way to special treatment.
Josephbleau, I’m in North Carolina and it seems to me that Roy Cooper, that blue dog, is running away with this thing. Very likable guy, except when he talks about abortion. I’d like to see a debate, but he’s avoiding it. It will almost be a miracle if we pull this one out.
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Encourage Althouse by making a donation:
Make a 1-time donation or set up a monthly donation of any amount you choose:
24 comments:
Love the 2nd photo. Which would also make a great sunset.
Wow digger toads the wet sprocket
Cost 180 milli9n to make
You've never been more brilliant or witty narc. Keep those quips coming!
Yes I saw toad the wet sprocket open for Month Python at The Old Bridge House Pub in Canning Town in 08.
I am reading that Christa Pike is alive, unconscious, and on a respirator. Why>
I think Alito announcing he is considering retirement is done to increase R turnout. Love that guy.
Thanks W.
"I am reading that Christa Pike is alive, unconscious, and on a respirator."
Send her to Canada. They'll figure it out.
…let the organ teams decide her status…
I hate to tell you but I almost got into a fight that night, in O8, don’t ask me why.
𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘈𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘙 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘵
That’s not the flex you’re pretending it is.
Deep-Pocketed GOP Group Exits North Carolina Senate Race ~ WSJ
𝘔𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘺 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘍𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘋𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘱 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘵
𝘈 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱-𝘱𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘱𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱 𝘶𝘱 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱-𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘒𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘴, 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘴.
Tells you everything you need to know about where things are going.
“Tells you everything you need to know about where things are going.”
Yes, one paper telling you about one nebulous org informs you of everything, Sure Jan.
On second thought : "The View host Sunny Hostin calls Cornell 7 case grotesque after backlash"
She has no backbone. She's not serious about anything.
Today was special.
Whenever you're having a problem with an app, the "Help" instructions always say to make sure you're using the latest version. After 25 years of computer use and too many problems an update actually fixed something.
If I was the Republican senate candidate in North Carolina I would go on tv and say:
My Friends and fellow citizens of the Tar Heel State, I see in the published polls that I am behind by 8 or 10% in the senate race. I feel that simple Republican principles of jobs for Americans and discouraging foreign countries from destroying good North Carolina companies and their hard working employees is something that we all should support, but the polls say that importing cheap labor and increasing unemployment for our children is attractive to you all.
So I am at a loss. In the recent devastating floods of Western North Carolina, the Democrats were proven to bypass the homes of Republicans and give money to Democrat voters. Is this what you want?
If so, vote against me. And rally to democrats who withhold help from you if you do not vote their way. If not, vote for me, and we can work to have honest government who does not divide us, that helps us all in time of need.
And God Bless North Carolina, and its people, however you vote!
Will Trump still be President after the midterms? Yes.
And will Congress - no matter who's in charge - still sit on their asses and do nothing? Yes.
Will I still be stuck in a deep blue state - where my vote doesn't matter one bit - after the midterms? Yes, again.
Wake me up when it's over.
“Will Trump still be President after the midterms? Yes. And will Congress - no matter who's in charge - still sit on their asses and do nothing? Yes. Will I still be stuck in a deep blue state - where my vote doesn't matter one bit - after the midterms? Yes, again. Wake me up when it's over.”
Trump secured our border. That alone kept us from going down the path of England, France, and Sweden. So pretending nothing of consequence has happened is wrong.
Will he still be President after the midterms? Yes.
Will Congress sit on their asses and do nothing? If the Democrats take over, they’ll do worse. They’ll impede our President at every turn.
And your vote matters more than you think. House seats are won district by district, and even deep blue states have districts that can flip. Trump is campaigning for Republicans and asking us to turn out. Red state or deep blue state, vote Republican in November.
“Today Trump said he had the chance to impeach Hillary Clinton, but he didn’t because it was inappropriate. Huh? Can any of you Trump whisperers explain what he meant?
“Donald Trump made this statement on October 2, 2026, while speaking to reporters outside the White House.
Context of the Remarks
• The Question: According to HuffPost, a reporter asked Trump how he viewed the possibility of a third impeachment if Democrats won control of Congress in the upcoming midterm elections.
• The Response: Trump joked that he was "getting good at it" and dismissed previous proceedings as a "fake impeachment".
• The Mention of Clinton and Biden: Trump stated, "It's a fake impeachment, and we could've done that with 'Sleepy' Joe [Biden], but we didn't do it because it wouldn't have been appropriate. I could've done that with Hillary Clinton, as you know. I had the chance to do it if I wanted, and I said, 'That would be inappropriate,' but with me, they like to do it."
Google AI
I saw Toad the Wet Sprocket in concert in Berkeley around 1994. Hootie and the Blowfish were opening for them, but Hootie's first album was blowing through the roof. So Toad invited Darius Rucker to join them and sing several of their songs because of his amazing voice. It was a great show.
Remember that North Carolina was entrusted with a young girl from Ukraine. She had an honest job, earned her living and tried to be happy. Her happiness was robbed by the blindness of liberal city democrats. She was stabbed in the neck by someone who should rightfully have been in jail.
To democrats the victim is just the dirty laundry the violent killer kicks aside on the way to special treatment.
https://toadthewetsprocket.com/on-tour/
Even Inga has good things to say about Trump. Well done Inga.
Josephbleau, I’m in North Carolina and it seems to me that Roy Cooper, that blue dog, is running away with this thing. Very likable guy, except when he talks about abortion. I’d like to see a debate, but he’s avoiding it. It will almost be a miracle if we pull this one out.
Inga, I’m guessing that he was referencing an indictment against Hillary, not an impeachment.
Post a Comment
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.