"After morning briefings on the crisis in Syria...."
6 ideas for Obama supporters on how to spin this:
1. Impressive to work on a Saturday, when most ordinary golfers head straight for the course.
2. 27! Wow! Most golfers poop out after 18 holes.
3. A round and a half. A circle followed by an elegant a semi-circle. Creative! Who but Obama thinks of such things? Brilliant!
4. Oh, how much new is there really on any given day about Syria? What difference at this point does it make?
5. Why do you think they call them "briefings"? They're brief.
6. You don't want to get into the weeds — in briefings as in golf. NOTE: You've got to be careful with the "weed" imagery. The mind drifts here, but the point is: Jimmy Carter micromanaged, and Obama is not like Carter.