May 29, 2019

"This makes the butterfly in my chest alive."

A comment submitted for the old post, "Please don’t give them those eyebrows that look like black electrical tape or they won’t get job":



I hit delete, of course, and yet I did not want to crush the butterfly. Fly, butterfly, fly.

This gets the "translation" tag. I don't know whether that phrase is a literal translation of a phrase that's idiomatic in another language or whether the English phrase "I've got butterflies in my stomach" has been translated into a foreign language into something that then literally translates back into English as "This makes the butterfly in my chest alive."

5 comments:

Nonapod said...

My guess is that it's a canned response that's been translated from another language. Basically I imagine that spam bots randomly select a blog post response from a lookup table. That response is then translated to whatever language the blog happens to be in. The purpose would be to defeat certain spam filters by mimicking enough legitimate posts so that they can then use the account for spam for longer periods.

Jamie said...

All that said, I'm feeling that "this makes the butterfly in my chest alive" is a phrase I need to add to the regular rotation. My kids will think I'm even more nerdy than they already do.

robother said...

When something makes the butterflies in your stomach move up to your chest = heartburn.

traditionalguy said...

The butterflies of death=Atrial Fibrillation.

DavidD said...

Sounds almost like something a toddler would say.