That, my friends, is mainstream journalism, the Daily News, not some blog, and the subject of that writing is a photograph of Lisa Marie Presley. Presley happens to be wearing her perfectly decent hair in the traditionally respectable style of the ponytail. Like many other women her age — 40 — she has a protruding abdomen. She's wearing what appears to be a clean sweatshirt and screwing the lid onto a bottle of water. There is no food in the picture, and Ms. Presley looks reasonably well put together with glamorous sunglasses and gold hoop earrings. The writer of the article, Leah Chernikoff, informs us that her father was quite fat when he died at age 42.
Fortunately, the comments slam Chernikoff. Here are the first 8:
- Someone is an unemployed journalism grad school grad... Hahahaha sucka. Go blog about it.
- How can a Daily News journalist take themself seriously with this cr@p? Excuse me, I used the word journalist. Is this a newspaper or the Enquirer?
- What is she eating in that picture? What a sow.
- That ain't Lisa Marie in the photo. That's Leah Chernikoff!
- You rotten hearted, bottom-of-the barrel tabloid ********. You bunch of old men with your fat bellies and bald heads, acting like hens clucking over someone's looks. You have the eye of hundreds of thousands of people, and this is what you choose to print.
- What is her crime and why is her weight our business? That is just totally rude. I'm almost as interested in Lisa Marie's size as I am in Britney's lifestyle. Leave them alone and give us a break from nonsense. You just sound like a jealous ****.
- I expect this from the NY Post, not this paper. So much for that. This paper has gone down hill.
- Another Daily "We Wanna be the Post" News douche bag story. When did Zuckerman sell the paper to Murdock?
UPDATE: Lisa Marie is, in fact, pregnant. And now, she's suing.