April 22, 2021

Lilac.

IMG_4194

IMG_4183 

FROM THE EMAIL: Timothy writes: 

Good morning Ann, I feel like saying, “Long-time listener, first-time caller” as is so often heard on a call-in radio show! I’m sure I probably commented once or twice over the past 15 years that I’ve read your blog, but I guess I’m moved this morning to e-mail you. 

Interestingly (to me, anyway!) is the thought that I likely would not have commented under the previous system, underneath the entry that caught my attention: your beautiful lilac photos. The lilac is my favorite flower & one of my all-time favorite fragrances of any sort. And I associate lilacs with my mother (who turns 74 in a couple weeks) – who had a lilac tree in the backyard of the house we grew up in. (It makes me wonder if that tree is still alive, 26 years after I last saw it?!) 

Have a great weekend!

It's nice when a person in your thoughts is associated with a particular flower. I associate my father with gardenias (because my mother did, and I don't even remember why). I don't think there's anyone else in my life that I've associated with a particular flower, and I doubt if anyone associates me with any particular flower. I do like flowers, but it's not as though I'm crazy about one particular flower!