June 14, 2023

"When samples of the bag arrived a few months ago, they were so small... the team lost some of them."

"But at least one bag that survived will be on display later this month, affixed beneath its microscope, during Men’s Fashion Week in Paris. On June 19, it will be auctioned off online to a buyer who Mr. Wiesner hopes will not treat it with too much reverence. 'I almost hope somebody eats it,' he said."

Mr. Wiesner = Kevin Wiesner, the chief creative officer of MSCHF, which must stand for mischief, I'm just guessing.

Last February, the NYT had an article about another product of MSCHF's, The Big Red Boot, which where very big and bulbous boots: "Big Red Boots are REALLY not shaped like feet, but they are EXTREMELY shaped like boots."

As I've said many times on this blog, I love humor that plays with size, and my "big and small" tag is perhaps my favorite (along with "light and shade" and "seen and unseen").

3 comments:

Abdul Abulbul Amir said...


I hope they designed something to fit in that handbag.

Richard Dolan said...

The designer (if that's the right term) says he doesn't want any of this taken too seriously (don't "treat it with too much reverence. 'I almost hope somebody eats it,' he said."). Not to worry on the 'reverence' front -- it presents as an absurdist joke and, besides, would never make much of a meal. But it is funny, for a micro-minute anyway.

PM said...

TSA needs to ban these.