November 20, 2005

The return of Valerie Cherish?

As you may know, I loved the show "The Comeback," which, the news was, HBO did not renew. So I was happy to see this in the email:
The guy who played Lisa Kudrow's gay hairdresser came into read for a part in the movie I'm making. I told him how much I loved the show and how much I hoped another network would pick it up and he said that what he heard was that...

"The show won't be coming back but Lisa Kudrow's character will."

He didn't know anything else but it sounded promising.
Let it be true! Hmmm.... Will she be a character on "Entourage"?

By the way, "guy who played Lisa Kudrow's gay hairdresser" is the wonderful Robert Michael Morris. I wrote about him here.

MORE: From the same emailer:
You'll be glad to know that he is a very very nice man and the few minutes I had with him were a lot of fun. Very down to earth and funny. A real gentleman and exactly like his character as well -- which doesn't diminish his acting ability because being natural is the hardest thing. But he said he and Lisa Kudrow were both heartbroken and shocked at the cancellation. One executive at HBO found the show too "painful" but I guess not exquisitely painful like we fans did -- and that's all it took.
Hey, sign the petition. I can't bear to think of Robert and Lisa as heartbroken! How candyass is HBO not to stick by a show that inflicted some pain?

1 comment:

chuck b. said...

Lorelai made a funny Comeback joke on Gillmore Girls last week, complete with "I don't need to see that!"

It made my whole week.