At www.nytimes.com right now, there's a welter of stories on topics like the improved politeness of Russian service employees, a policy disagreement between Senators Kirsten Gillibrand and Claire McCaskill over how to handle claims of sexual assault in the military, and the YouTube Music Awards. See the list after the jump, and then answer my poll.
1. "Russian Service, With Politeness Added/Russian companies like Aeroflot are carrying out elaborate training that is producing a new generation of service employees who are customer-oriented."
2. "A Fiscal Scold, Germany Is Poised to Open Wallet at Home/Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany is being pushed to accept policies that would sharply increase domestic spending, even as she shows few signs of easing austerity for the rest of Europe."
3. "Panel Says Climate Change Poses Risk to Food Supplies/A leaked draft of a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change said that climate change could reduce output and send prices higher in a period when global food demand is expected to soar."
4. "2 Democrats Split on Bill to Fight Military Sex Assault/The conflict has created an uncomfortable division between Senators Kirsten Gillibrand and Claire McCaskill."
5. "The Pills of Last Resort/For desperate patients, the pace of clinical drug trials can be lethally slow. But there is a way for them to beat the clock."
6. "Celebrating Pop That’s Just a Click Away/The YouTube Music Awards, an online celebration of pop music and performers, will debut on Sunday, joining a crowded field of congratulatory broadcasts."
7. Parole granted in the case of a 1995 killing.
8. The LAX shooting.
9. "Surge in Iraqi Violence Reunites Maliki and Obama."
10. "MORE NEWS/U.S. Drones Said to Kill Pakistani Taliban Leader/Ex-Governor of Florida Seeks Old Job in New Party/Snowden Appeals to U.S. for Clemency on Leaks."