1. Let's watch the big it's-not-a-State-of-the-Union address.
2. The Supreme Court Justices who are sitting this out are Clarence Thomas, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Samuel Alito.
3. Some Democratic women are showing their suffragette colors, wearing white. I'm seeing Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Nancy Pelosi in white. But Elizabeth Warren is in purple.
4. Trump is given a full standing ovation. Maybe a few are remaining seated.
5. Trump introduces the First Lady, who looks unusually happy... and also very glamorous, in sparkly black. Trump isn't wearing a red tie for once. It's blue. And striped.
6. He condemns hate, and says he wants to deliver a message of optimism and strength.
7. I haven't kept up with live-blogging this. Thanks for keeping up the conversation in the comments.