March 6, 2016

"After divorce, your ex still has your words in her head. She could change into someone you get along with a lot better."

"Also, you might change. You could become more confident and reconnected to important parts of yourself once you’re no longer locked in the adversarial position-taking that often develops in a bad marriage. That confidence or clarity can translate into being more generous and magnanimous of spirit, more accepting.”

From "You Married Them Once, but What About Twice?" (in the NYT).


iqvoice said...

The cause of most divorce in 2016 is Trump Anxiety. I'm sure I read that somewhere.

tim in vermont said...

That must be some kind of twitter based URL. Oh well, I blocked twitter.

SayAahh said...

A triumph of hope over experience redux.

rhhardin said...

My ex girlfriends are all friends.

Laslo Spatula said...

Or maybe you realize you were a bit of an asshole the first time and would like a Mulligan.

Baby, remember the Good Times.

Also: reference the Pina Coloda song.

So I waited with high hopes and she walked in the place
I knew her smile in an instant, I knew the curve of her face
It was my own lovely lady and she said, "Aw, it's you."
Then we laughed for a moment and I said, "I never knew."

I am Laslo.

rehajm said...

Or you could just both be fickle twits.

Laslo Spatula said...

These situations can really have consequences for The Children:The latest 'Daddy Issues America'.

Was inspired by this post, but trying not to post the more 'overt 'comments here. Respect.

I am Laslo.

Portlandmermaid said...

Great name, what kind of music would a band called Fickle Twits play?

David said...

No way.