So, fine, nice, he really did get the dog. A promise kept. Good.
But the interesting issue here is: How did
1. diddley...I'm thinking An endearing way to address a friend, aren't you?
1) Word used in place of general explicit language in order to soften the emotion of the language.
2) A person acting in a silly manor
3) An endearing way to address a friend
4) An omen of good fashion
5) One's genitalia
1) "What the diddley?"
2) "She's quite the diddley."
3) "Diddley, I love you."
4) "May the diddley be with you."
5) *pokes you in the diddley*
ADDED: I need to read more carefully!