And so, Carrie wins "American Idol." You probably think I'm upset about the outcome, if you've been reading my comments all season, but I'm not. Here are the reasons:
1. I've been so distracted with my Blogger problems today and so glad to finally have them fixed that I'm quite numb.
2. It's better for Constantine that Bo didn't win. I saw him celebrating in the end. He had to know there was more room for him in the pantheon with Bo merging back into the group of finalists.
3. Carrie is more the sort of person who fits the role that is now imposed on her. I think they'd have had more trouble presenting Bo creditably. Carrie will sing her songs and do well and be perfectly fine.
4. As they said at one point on the show tonight, Carrie is a great role model for the young fans. "Idol" music is rather sweet and oriented to the young, and having a pure, sweet girl to sing it is good for the kids. She can be herself and be the kind of person it's healthy for young people to bond with. Bo is older, rock is dirtier, and he's got a drug past. We'd all forgive him for that, but it's just better for the young fans to have the squeaky clean young girl to idolize.
Things I liked about tonight's show:
1. The parody of the Corey Clark exposé was quite well done.
2. The humiliation of Hasselhoff!
3. Skynyrd! Bo had his fun singing "Sweet Home Alabama" with them.
4. Nadia's dangerous white top. And everything else Nadia wore. Nice to see her again.
So the end has come for another season. Time to pack the show away for a good long time so we forget how sick we were just about to get of it. The day will come when we'll see the new season coming and, fools that we are, we'll be all ready for it again!