2. Carly Fiorina, for some reason, thinks it's worth saying that she "loves" spending time with her husband, unlike some people (i.e., Hillary). That was a sour note to begin on.
3. I didn't stick with it. Did you?
4. I'm not writing that much (so far), but check out my son John's live blog, here. Sample:
9:09 — Chris Christie, in response to a question about when he'd use military action, starts out: "On Tuesday night, I watched story time with Barack Obama, and it sounded like everything in the world is just amazing!" His answer to the question is that he'd use it only when "absolutely necessary" to protect America — not to be "the world's policeman."5. Jeb says the world is "torn asunder." "Asunder" is a "mid-12c., contraction of Old English on sundran."
6. Cruz came ready to respond to the NYT article about the loan he took to run for the Senate and the natural-born-citizen issue. There was a vivid back-and-forth between Trump and Cruz in which Trump purported not to care about whether Cruz was natural born but worried only about the lawsuit the Democrats might bring later on and Cruz said he wouldn't take legal advice from Donald Trump and savaged Larry Tribe as a big lefty and supporter of Hillary Clinton.
7. Trump: "I will gladly accept the mantle of anger." That comes in an answer pushing back Nikki Haley's SOTU response, which dinged Trump for anger.
8. This show is on too late for me. I need to pack it in for the night. Trump got the better of Cruz in that heartfelt paean to New York, and Cruz was left nodding and applauding. But more about that and the rest tomorrow.