Too much brewer's yeast in the 61-year-old's gut meant that whenever he ate starch, it sparked a chemical reaction leading to fermentation....
"He would get drunk out of the blue," said Barbara Cordell, dean of nursing at Panola College in Texas. "On a Sunday morning after being at church, or really, just any time. His wife was so dismayed about it that she even bought a Breathalyzer."
September 20, 2013
"A teetotalling Texan whose family thought he was addicted to booze was in fact suffering from a rare disease..."
"... where his stomach turns the food he eats into beer."