August 23, 2012

Debbie Wasserman Schultz under maximum stress...

... as Anderson Cooper proves he's not a complete liberal hack. Amazing!

Via Instapundit.

127 comments:

pauldar said...

Dear Garage - that is what a lie look's like, in case you know, you are really interested.

Alex said...

So 5% of the MSM is not totally in the bag for Obama, so fucking what.

sydney said...

Maybe she (or her staff, or both) have reading comprehension problems.

chickelit said...

When you've lost Anderson Cooper, you've lost that segment of America.

Alex said...

DWS is a pure liar and garbage mahal supports that kind of lying over and over again. I bet he comes in here and repeats the lie over and over again.

Elle said...

Now I'll have to stay up later and find something good on the tv. Trying to fall asleep with that voice in my head is impossible.

I bet the Devil feels like he totally got scammed on the purchase of her soul.

The Crack Emcee said...

Come on, "amazing"? "Brutal"?

It's somebody, finally, doing their job.

And on Debbie Wasserman Schultz, which is like picking on a special needs child.

In a real country, with real politics, she wouldn't even have a job. (Her only answer to the charge of lying is "It doesn't matter?" Some spokesperson,...)

Call me when somebody's speaking truth to power around here, rather than reaching down to take a rattle from an infant.

JohnJ said...

Wasserman Schultz in response to Cooper confronting her on blatantly misquoting the LA Times: “What I’m saying is that it doesn’t matter.”

Heh!

‘dunno what-in-the-world got into Cooper, but who wouldn’t want to see more of this?

chickelit said...

Alex and pauldar: Please don't summon the beast.

The Crack Emcee said...

JohnJ,

‘dunno what-in-the-world got into Cooper, but who wouldn’t want to see more of this?

Let's see him do it with Mitt about Mormonism and Ann Romney's quack cures.

L:et me guess:

Then nobody would want to see more of this,...

traditionalguy said...

CNN's Anderson Cooper has been a 60/40 fair interviewer this year. When he goes after a conservative target now he does his job on them well, but his heart is not in it.

A reporter needs to insert truth into a 100% delusional story or he will go as insane as DWS. Cooper seems to be tired of helping the twisted liberal tales go out as true.

Alex said...

Of course Crack showed up for the daily 2-minute "let's hate Mormons" hate.

cold pizza said...

I swear, I can't watch more than 5 seconds at a time of DWS before the fetid stench of her blatant bullshit causes my own brain cells to shrivel from embarassment.

This harpy is devoid of human feeling and so in the grip of delusional parroting for the sole purpose of sinking her talons deeper into the flesh of the body politic, she gleefully celebrates the slaughter in Ramah.

I don't normally rant. DWS makes me vomit.

There can be no tolerance, no compromise with evil. -cp

cassandra lite said...

Gotta say, there's never a time watching DWS for even 30 seconds that I don't consider taking up misogyny and anti-Semitism.

Synova said...

Not a complete liberal hack but he still absolutely refuses to voice the conclusion... you don't get to lie in order to make the point that the other guy is lying and if there was legitimate (ha!) evidence you wouldn't have to make shit up.

Why do Democrat women put up with being condescended to this way? The bottom line? So everything else doesn't matter? And Presidents CAN'T differ on details from the Party Platform?

The idea that the presidential candidates write the platform is a bald faced lie. It's not spin. It's a lie. The platform writing process starts with delegates to local conventions. I've *been* a delegate to one of those. And then the State and then National. The delegates vote and if Romeny wants something, they can vote no. He's not the boss of them.

Do the Democrats let their Presidential candidate write their platform? Do they? Do they kick out candidate who doesn't adhere to every last point?

Of course not. And she knows it. And she's lying on purpose for political profit.

How stupid does she think women are? And is she right?

The Crack Emcee said...

Alex,

Of course Crack showed up for the daily 2-minute "let's hate Mormons" hate.

And, of course, there's Alex reframing what a journalist's job is as "hate." Tell me Alex, where's the "hate" in this:

Cooper: "Mrs. Romney, you claim to take water as a "medical treatment" for your MS - how, exactly, does that work?"

I'll wait.

No, you think it's better to watch him take on an idiot. ("Amazing!")

Like I said, you don't want to see real journalism, or politics in this country because - as the dialogue here proves daily - you enjoy partisanship and one-sided lies too much. You want to PROTECT Mitt Romney - not treat him like a politician.

You're full of shit, Alex.

Alex said...

Crack - so it's ok that the MSM will run an "expose" on Mormonism this weekend, but they didn't run anything on Afro-American Christianity back in 2008 when it was Obama's turn to get the proctology examination?

The Crack Emcee said...

Synova,

How stupid does she think women are?

Very.

And is she right?

Probably.

The Aiken uproar itself gives her a lot of reason to think so:

It's a total non-issue elevated to the level of drama.

RazorSharpSundries said...

@Cold Pizza - You should rant more. The Harpy imagery was pure poetry.

deborah said...

Neither amazing nor brutal, but what a brazen liar. A clip of her saying over and over again, 'it doesn't matter,' should be made into an ad.

The Crack Emcee said...

Alex,

Crack - so it's ok that the MSM will run an "expose" on Mormonism this weekend, but they didn't run anything on Afro-American Christianity back in 2008 when it was Obama's turn to get the proctology examination?

Who are you talking to? I criticized EVERYTHING about the 2008 election and you know it.

But your question is on a non-issue:

Not doing one doesn't mean you let the other off the hook - and, if this is the type of "expose" we can look forward to, I wouldn't worry if I were you:

They'll never lay a glove on 'em,...

Chip Ahoy said...

I've always thought she has a pretty face and I still think that, and her naturally curly hair is alluring, I want to play with it boing boing boing like Shirley Temple. And when she speaks my attention is arrested because she does sound so much like some of my hard-of-hearing friends sound when they vocalize, there is a modulation thing going on that causes me to sympathize immediately so she has all that going for her advantage and then I hear what she's saying and errrrrrrk brakes vvvvvvvvvvT force field UP. So I never know what she actually says. I have to read it later.

Alex said...

Chip - so what you're saying is you'd hit it. I guess we all have our nasty fetishes.

virgil xenophon said...

Hasn't it occurred to everyone by now that these people have ABSOLUTELY no shame?--that they believe that they, and only they, occupy the moral high-ground and that therefore as their hearts are pure "any means necessary" to secure the triumph of the virtuous is justified? If this means not only lying but marching us all to their warped brand of leftist virtue at bayonet-point so be it..

Alex said...

So Crack - did Mitt Romney ever mistreat black people?

Chip Ahoy said...

cold pizza, that funny looking brass thing by the areca palm is for sicks, used to be for spits.

The Crack Emcee said...

"boing boing boing like Shirley Temple."

Classic,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Alex,

So Crack - did Mitt Romney ever mistreat black people?

So, Alex, you want to keep changing the subject?

Where's the "hate" in what I said?

Alex said...

Crack - the point is you tar Mitt Romney with the Mormon church's racist history, even though you can't prove he ever committed a racist act. Shame on you, shame shame shame.

bbkingfish said...

Alex said...

"So Crack - did Mitt Romney ever mistreat black people?"

Alex - has Mitt Romney ever known any black people?

JAL said...

DWS: Fake -- but accurate!!!

Alex said...

bbkingfish - what does that have to do with it? Mitt Romney is racist because he doesn't go out of his way to know black people? What kind of fucked up reasoning is that?

JAL said...

Thatshould have been: !!1!1!111!111!!1!

The Crack Emcee said...

Alex,

Crack - the point is you tar Mitt Romney with the Mormon church's racist history, even though you can't prove he ever committed a racist act. Shame on you, shame shame shame.

You make up "points" out of thin air. Great way to lie.

bbkingfish,

Has Mitt Romney ever known any black people?

Oh yeah, he saw his father march with Martin Luther King - AND THEN HE DID, TOO!

Alex seems to have missed that bit of malarky because he was too busy cheering,...

virgil xenophon said...

"...not a complete liberal hack."
A consistent "semi-hack" every day or a pulsating one who varies from 100% pure hackery to some lesser per-centage from day-to-day?

Synova said...

All accepting the party nomination for ANY office means is that the party platform vaguely resembles your policy preferences and that they're willing to have you.

It wasn't LIKELY that Ron Paul would win the Republican nomination for President but if he did it wouldn't mean that he suddenly wasn't libertarian anymore or that the Republican rank and file were.

The Democrats have outliers, too.

This is called having a Big Tent.

Alex said...

Crack - you couldn't refute anything I said so you continue to flog your hobby-horse. Believe me, we feel sorry for you.

The Crack Emcee said...

Where's the "hate" in my original statement, Alex?

See? Anderson Cooper isn't the only one who can play at being a journalist.

Now you play Debbie caught in a lie and repeatedly say, "It doesn't matter,..."

Go on. It'll be "amazing"...

Howard said...

Synovia:And she's lying on purpose for political profit.

Heavens, NO! Lying to get money? I've never heard of such a thing in politics.

What's life like when It's Howdy Doody Time 24/7?

Maximum stress?

Chickenhawks are so easily frightened that any minor confrontation must seem like the sky is falling. DWS was letting AC-360's points fall away like water off a duck's back. At first, she seemed surprised that her initial lines of crap were not swallowed as per usual. Later, she just calmly stayed on message, reminding everyone that the republican platform is crafted by bible-thumping nutbags that Mittens cannot control.

Eric said...

I've been thinking for a few months now that the Democrats have decided to jettison DWS. I'm not really sure why - it may be for simple incompetence. But she certainly seems to get more in the way of tough questions and bad camera angles than equally stupid sounding Democrats at the national level.

Rose said...

Cooper's been surprising me lately. I think the kool-aid is wearing off. He's developing immunity.

Synova said...

Some people think that lying matters.

Even in politics.

Other people think that "lying" means "saying something I don't like."

DWS might think that it's all part of the political game, but if she's habitually lying why would anyone think she'd recognize a lie from the other side?

This person writes (supposedly) and votes on the laws that we're supposed to follow. Why would we bother?

bbkingfish said...

Alex..

I didn't ask whether Mitt ever SAW a black person...or whether he ever got himself PHOTOGRAPHED with a famous black person to help his own political career.

I wondered whether he ever has known any average African-American folks and interacted with them on a normal daily basis. Someone other than Herman Cain, Alan Keyes, or Sammy Davis, Jr.

Note bene: I don't know the answer to this, and I wouldn't find it surprising, or disqualifying, if he had not, given his background.

EMD said...

Her hair looks fantastic!

Howard said...

Alex:

Who cares if the Mormons hate blacks. It's not like they have a corner on that market. The scratchy underwear is what most people find disturbing.

Even L. Ron wouldn't have the hutzpa to make his cult-members submit to such a humiliating ritual.

Cedarford said...

THere is something about the media that thinks that the general public just cannot get enough of brash dissembling NYC types like Hilary Rosen, Elliot Sptzer, Al Sharpton, Anthony Weiner, and Debbie W-S spewing their BS on camera.

IMO, the "hagfish" Debbie Wasserman Schultz is the most repulsive of the born and reared in NYC media talking head.

If you watch that clip, this "spokeswoman" knows that Cooper has caught her in lie after lie...but as an arrogant and entitled pathological liar, she doesn't care.
In fact, she gets a bigger and bigger grin on her ugly face.

Clearly, she thinks she is golden, Obama has her back, and her job is safe to come back tomorrow spewing more bullshit and lies.
And just arrogant and delusional enough to think her schtick plays well outside Manhattan and NYC retiree areas in her Florida District.

It isn't the first time "hagfish" has been smoked out in blatant lies and misrepresentations..

Rosen, Weiner, Spitzer, etc.? All peas in a pod.

And keep in mind Spitzer and Weiner went down hard.

The Crack Emcee said...

What happened to Alex?

Didn't I tell you the journalistic approach won't fly around here?

I bet, if Mitt and Ann Romney were put on the spot they, too, would disappear the same way. Just rip off their mics and skeedaddle like the con artists they are.

And Alex would applaud them because how DARE anybody ask the Romneys direct questions and expect actual answers. Don't you know we have to beat Obama? Why, if that means we all hollow out our minds to make that happen, then Alex is ready with an ice cream scooper - who's first?

He'll let you lick the spoon,...

creeley23 said...

I can't watch political talk shows these days, because nearly everybody talks over the other person. DWS is one of the worst, aside from her intellectual dishonesty.

I wish some kind of cease-fire could be arranged or strict protocols set in place, but it seems hopeless to have an actual dialog on TV now.

Cedarford said...

I forgive Chip S for wanting to jump that skank.
Since she already talks like she is simultaneously gargling a cock in her mouth....maybe that subconscious connection turned Chip S on.

The Crack Emcee said...

Oh, AAAAAAALEXXXXXX!

AAAAAAALEXXXXXX!

Fucking integrity crippled coward,...

Levi Starks said...

She seems rather incredulous that Anderson refuses to get with the program.
I was like a defense attorney asking the Judge to give him permission to treat his own client as hostile

Synova said...

That's really rude, C4.

Worse, it's not a picture I wanted in my head. Ever.

Gary Rosen said...

Synova, you want a real x-ray of C-fudd's "mind"?

Inventory This

(scroll down to #51)

yashu said...

As tradguy says, this is not the first time Anderson Cooper has been a surprisingly fair, surprisingly tough journalist (or whatever the appropriate term is for what he does).

E.g. IIRC he did at least one show on Fast & Furious, long before almost anyone else on TV even mentioned it. And he's put other Obama Team hacks and surrogates through the wringer ("through the wringer" = politely following up on and pointing out the most obvious of lies and contradictions).

So, kudos to Cooper for those random acts of journalism on CNN.

I wish more TV journalists aspired to be like Tim Russert, whom I still consider the gold standard.

creeley23 said...

I've been thinking for a few months now that the Democrats have decided to jettison DWS. I'm not really sure why - it may be for simple incompetence.

Eric: I used to wonder why Obama didn't jettison Robert Gibbs, his abrasive and unforthcoming press secretary. I eventually concluded that Gibbs was doing the job Obama wanted -- to contain the press at all costs.

I suspect the same of DWS. Her job is to be a pit bull sticking to the current party talking points and forcing them through whatever media channels are available. She looks good at it; I imagine much of the Dem base cheers her on. It would have worked this time if Cooper hadn't stuck to his guns so long insisting that 2 + 2 = 4.

The question is how much people like Gibbs and DWS hurt Obama and the Dems with the swing voters. Perhaps not much.

creeley23 said...

Other people think that "lying" means "saying something I don't like."

That's how I read much of the left's frothing about lies.

Lem said...

Its a distraction..

Cooper is aware that human nature (even conservative human nature) aspires to be well thought of.. So what does Cooper do in a competitive market?

He trows us a bone and we go ga-ga over it.. before anybody knows Cooper lines up exclusives with whos who on our side because people think that just because he did one interview.. ooh, he is fair... isn't he?

Rush was taking people to task over this today.. this obsession we have with trying to impress upon people that we are not who they think we are.

Rush says if we make that our focus.. we give them power over us and they ultimately win that fight every time.

His point.. and I agree with him.. is we have to stay on massage, despite the distortions and the lies.

I'll use Crack as an example.. I may not agree with him on everything.. who does? But nobody.. I mean nobody, is more consistently on massage than Crack, and today, that is the only civilized way to persuade.

Ken said...

Crack,

Just how is a person's religion comparable to simply lying about your opponent by deliberately misquoting a newspaper? And you scold Alex for changing the subject? I laugh in your face.

jr565 said...

Crack wrote:
Cooper: "Mrs. Romney, you claim to take water as a "medical treatment" for your MS - how, exactly, does that work?"

How is that remotely compatible with the discussion with Wasserman. The issue with Wasserman directly is a political question about an ad in an election.
The question you want him to ask of romney's wife has nothing to do with politics at all. And it's not as if she is telling other people they must use a water treatment for MS. If asked she might say something like "I have MS, and traditional treatments have not sufficiently helped me with my disease. I was told about water treatments being helpful and tried it. It has, in my opinion been beneficial for me as an MS sufferer." She is not the creator of the treatment, she is not even actively endorsing it as THE treatment. She is simply trying something that may be beneficial to her.

By the way, what is this water treatment you are talking about. Are you talking about this?

http://tamingmultiplesclerosis.blogspot.com/2008/11/can-aqua-or-water-therapy-help-with-ms_11.html

That's excercising in water. That is not some far our concept. People with MS (and other people with muscle related diseases etc.) generally have trouble exercising, but exercising in water allows them to excercise without overly exerting themselves.
I happen to have gone to the Mayo clinic (for something totally unrelated) and came across the book they put out about excercises to do in water. It's not a far out concept, nor is the Mayo Clinic some quack hospital.
By the way you do know that she went through more than a year of aggressive treatment with steroids correct? So it's not as if she hasn't gone the traditional route. How do you know here doctor didn't tell her to do excercise in water, since she would otherwise be too weak to do traditional exercise?

lewsar said...

from the webpage that jr565 provided:

Exercising in a pool, with the water about waist deep, can help much more in many cases of Multiple Sclerosis by:

* Supporting the weight of the body
* Reducing over exertion and fatigue to Multiple Sclerosis patients
* Cushioning the impact on the joints
* Strengthening the muscles by increasing water resistance, that the muscles need to work against .

The exercises that are chosen, to be used in aqua therapy for MS patients, are chosen to target and strengthen specific muscle groups that can help to increase balance, increase muscle strength, increase flexibility and help to build up stamina and endurance.

More doctors are also finding that aqua or water therapy can help those diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis walk again, because if you can’t walk on land, you can still walk in a pool. This is possible because the water supports the weight of the body and the body does not have to compete against the pull of gravity for a person to be able to stand up and walk. The pool has to be at least waist deep for the person to walk, but it allows the body to practice walking again, even if you haven't been able to walk for several years.


i have had back problems for years now, and one of the things that was recommended to me is that if i have an acute episode of back problems, getting light exercise while the water supports some of the body's weight can be beneficial.

it has been something close to a miracle cure for me. once in the pool, i have a much better range of motion and can gently swim using several different strokes. this help the long muscles in my back relax and shortens the episode dramatically.

if this is the "water treatment" crack is describing, my personal experience is that it can work very well indeed.

jr565 said...

Neil Cavuto might as well be talking about Crack here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP87uCO1aAQ

jr565 said...

Crack doesn't have MS, nor does he have to live with the pain of it. So, frankly fuck Crack and what he has to say, concerning alt treatments for it.
If something like acupuncture is helpful for it, then who is Crack to say it doesn't work (for relieving the pain of MS). Anne went through a year of aggressive steroid treatment so, you cant argue that she was simply using quack treatments. Did you know that Crack?
But SHE is the one who can say whether acupuncture is good for MS, not Crack since Crack is merely talking out of his ass about dealing with her disease.

Kathy said...

I am up at this ungodly hour to head up north to catch another musky (be jealous)....but I have to say this:

chickelit said...

When you've lost Anderson Cooper, you've lost that segment of America.

Well - I have loved Anderson Cooper like forever and he is no Hippie Dippie/Looney Left/South Park kind of guy.....he never has been.

He is one of the best we have, folks. And I wonder why he isn't picked to moderate the upcoming Presidential debates? (I know - he has to stand in line behind Wolf and Candy)....

But CNN has lost viewers for a reason. They are getting real and in tune with people like us in flyover country - you know - where we Wisconsinites "cling to our guns and religion"...

Rock on Anderson. I am loving you.

pm317 said...


I wish more TV journalists aspired to be like Tim Russert, whom I still consider the gold standard.


You would take that back if you knew what a biased hack he was toward Hillary in primary 2008 (and he would have continued to be that toward MaCain if he had not kicked the bucket).

Kathy said...

Oh - also - Crack Emcee....You seem to dominate Althouse posts....sometimes I wonder if you are an Althouse alter-ego.....I know the palace guard media never really covered this but I was just bamboozled when I heard Michelle Obama's stump speech where she said her husband came to office to speak "truth to power".....

I mean, come on, he is the most powerful man in the world as the President of the USA...and she is telling the folks that he is here to speak truth to power....

What a conundrum for her - and Obama - and Axelrod - and everyone else that really does not fully "get" what that phrase - speaking truth to power - means.

This is one of the best reasons to re-evaluate a 2008 vote for Obama....he and his people have no clue what this phrase really means.

Don't Tread 2012 said...

Fact is DWS favorables are terrible...so why they let her out of the closet is puzzling and heartening at the same time. I give Cooper a sarcastic 'attaboy' for doing what he should have been doing all along.

All of you here need only remember 1 thing, that applies to any democrat/leftist you see mugging for cameras:

LIBERALS LIE.

That is all, see you in the morning.

Will Cate said...

Had to turn it off about half-way through. It's just too painful listening to that curly-headed nincompoop speak.

Brennan said...

Ms. Talking Point Obot is a real hit in my household.

If you listen closely, as Debbie speaks you can hear Billy Preston singing "Will it go round in circles" in the background.

Brennan said...

Fact is DWS favorables are terrible...so why they let her out of the closet is puzzling and heartening at the same time.

See. President Obama can't even pick the head of DNC without screwing it up.

It's getting to the point where he's hitting himself.

Lindsey Meadows said...

Well now that I've had my morning's read of hypocritcal outrage over campaign commercials and note with a smile that all the GOP loonies are in la-la land over CNN, I can go back to my coffee.

Matthew Sablan said...

I think this all started because she made the ludicrous claim of not knowing who Priorities USA supported; that's about when the tone of interviews with her changed. There's only so much rope you can take away from someone before they find ingenious new ways to hang themselves.

Jay said...

So the party that won't state they are opposed to partial birth abortion in their party platform is calling the Republicans "extreme"?

Hilarious.

Roger J. said...

As I watched the spectacle I was struck by DWS's constant repetition of a single talking point: "it doesnt matter..." Keep telling the big lie and people will eventually believe it.

Jay said...

She comes across as an actual propagandist.

Of course that is what she is.

Using quotes out of context is standard operating procedures for these people.

traditionalguy said...

I am blessed with a close friend with MS. She continually warns me to expect that she will tire out easily, is in continual pain, and can have "cognitive" difficulties.

I assure her that she is still worthy to be a friend and is no burden. Being a burden to others is her worst fear.

She walks slowly with a cane "just in case" she loses balance. And she visits seriously end of life patients at the local hospice twice a week where they all ask for her.

What she still has is a loving soul that willingly connects with others who are in extremis.

She is an Episcopalian who loves her Church, but she does seek to know more than the Christian message and studies areas that Crack would call occult.

My point to my friend Crack is that it is not purity of belief which is the test of a person's value, but rather the strength of the love they share.

yashu said...

You would take that back if you knew what a biased hack he was toward Hillary in primary 2008

pm317, you may be right; I didn't follow the Dem primaries very closely. I only knew Russert from Meet the Press.

Roger J. said...

There are a few journalists that I admire (admittedly I am painting with a broad brush here)

But I would nominate Nat Hentoff for his commitment to intellectual honesty. I might think of others, but the field is pretty small.

Roger J. said...

Oh--and one addition to my short list: the late Michael Kelly, RIP.

Don't Tread 2012 said...

"Well now that I've had my morning's read of hypocritcal outrage over campaign commercials and note with a smile that all the GOP loonies are in la-la land over CNN, I can go back to my coffee."

Now that sounds like the voice of experience, straight from a blue state echo chamber.

Keep telling yourself everything is fine, dear. Its a fitting parallel to the dopes and robber barons that occupy today's democrat party.

I laugh, LAUGH out loud every time I hear one of you leftist rubes criticize the 'rich'.

Knee-slapping funny I tell you.

John said...

Lem Said: I'll use Crack as an example.. I may not agree with him on everything.. who does? But nobody.. I mean nobody, is more consistently on massage than Crack, and today, that is the only civilized way to persuade.

I have a broken clock that is right TWICE a day. And suggesting that boorish behavior is civilized does a disservice to civil people everywhere.

Writ Small said...

I'm trying to imagine how a person with personal integrity would have answered Cooper's questions.

Of course, if a person had personal integrity, she would not have been associated with the letter in the first place.

The real question is, I suppose, how would a more accomplished liar have handled the questions. Perhaps it would have gone like this: "We strive for accuracy in our fundraising letters, but sometimes errors slip in. We never meant to mislead, and we will correct those quotes in future letters, but the fact remains. Mitt Romney's position on abortion is extreme. . ."

The above would have been just as much of a lie, actually, possibly more so, since the distortion was obviously intentional. In a strange sense, her answer of "It (the lying) doesn't matter" was about as honest as the options available to her.

trumpetdaddy said...

I"m also one who is tired of Crack's anti-Mormon crusade and the flights of fantasy upon which it takes him.

Exercising in a pool is a common therapy for any number of ailments and most professional sports teams have facilities for enabling recovering players to make us of a pool during rehab.

Hell, where I grew up in central Kentucky, there is an entire rehab facility for thoroughbred racehorses that is centered on water therapy, because horses obviously have a large body weight relative to thin legs, and the water buoyancy alleviates the stress on recovering legs.

Water therapy isn't some "Mormon cult" alternative med crap, it is standard sports medicine rehab protocol.

But Crack is blinded to that reality in pursuit of his own anti-Mormon crusade "reality."

Cedarford said...

Eventually the media turns on someone employed as a talking head to them that lies constantly. Or worse, lies about what other media shows and publications say.

That helped burn Anthony Weiner, DWS's NYC born soulmate, with the media. They despised him in the end for all his lies to them, and his many misrepresentations of what news producers said.

Weinergate was a gift from God to the media that wanted Weiner gone.

DWS not only lies, but ruins many shows by talking over guests, interrupting the host time after time...and the shows own polls indicate many veiwers consider her just repulsive, funny-talking, off-putting.
The media doesn't like her and are growing convinced their audiences, aside from those at MSNBC, don't like her.

Brennan said...

I think the videos of Paul Ryan and Debbie appearing next to eachother provide the perfect contrast between the different styles. On one hand, Ryan is speaking directly about the problems and the options to resolve them. Debbie just repeats talking points about how allegedly extreme it is for the GOP to propose options that 66% of the American people support.

Oso Negro said...

Well, someone has to say it. Is he better since he is out of the closet?

Brent said...

`




While I hate what she stands for, I feel sorry for her.

I just don't think Debbie Wasserman Schultz is very smart. Seriusly. And that's just heartbreaking more than anger-making.




`

Pogo said...

It was a most gentle interview, somewhat probing and direct, but the questions were not tough. He was giving her every opportunity to disavow a blatant lie.

She said -repeatedly- "It doesn't matter". Cooper's response to that was weak, and he allowed her to just keep saying that over and over. I'm not sure Nyone could get her to answer the question, but his interview was not an aggressive one.

CNN is dying. His own show is tanking in the ratings. Desperate measures, maybe. I doubt he is 'waking up' to the lies he has been told, the ones he sold himself.

If staying on message is the most effective tactic, why interview anyone? Just submit a tape of your preferred responses, and ask it questions. Your answer is always on message.

Shit, DWS is a troll!

Roger J. said...

Would be interesting to do a "word cloud" of DWS's spiel. The Ds have resurrected "extreme" in their campaign it appears. And, of course, "it doesnt matter"

alan markus said...

POLITICO e-book: Obama campaign roiled by conflict

Obama’s brain trust secretly commissioned pollster David Binder to conduct an internal focus study of the popularity of top Obama campaign surrogates. Number one was former press secretary Robert Gibbs, followed by Cutter. Traveling press secretary Jen Psaki, who was added to a second study, was third. Axelrod, Plouffe and current White House press secretary Jay Carney were bunched in the middle. Wasserman Schultz ranked at the bottom.

Hope to see a lot more of her!! My stomach can take it, if it helps to get Obama and his crew out of our faces in 2013.

Pogo said...

For me, the most brutal spots in the interview were when DWS said "Anderson", in that scolding evil boss lady voice; she did it twice.

You could almost see Cooper's little raisins run and hide right up inside him. His face gave it away.

He heard his mom, and it skewered him, and she knew it. She has his number, she knows what buttons to push. He pushed none of hers. Maybe no one can, but he missed the mark.

campy said...

Again, this is only happening because it's August and the undecideds haven't started paying attention yet. Wait until Labor Day; Cooper will be back in the tank for sure.

Marshal said...

Alex said...
So 5% of the MSM is not totally in the bag for Obama, so fucking what


Cooper is still in the bag for Obama. He believes Obama's incompetent surrogates are costing him goodwill so he's trying to rectify the situation.

TMink said...

Objectivity is a discipline that takes practice, patience, and scrupulous attention to employ. Most of the current journalists grew up on All the President's Men, a story of the power of the press to bring down a corrupt Republican president. That meme is a far cry from the discipline of objectivity.

Trey

Dust Bunny Queen said...

dunno what-in-the-world got into Cooper, but who wouldn’t want to see more of this?

CNN finally got their heads out of their rears and saw their ratings. Decided to actually report the news and be real journalists for awhile.

AaronS said...

I just realised who DWS reminds me of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zExc6SK4kpA

Methadras said...



Andserson Cooper: DWS, you are having a hard time consistently sticking to the truth in this regard.

DWS: Anderson, we will continue to have a hard time consistently sticking to the truth in any regard.

When you lie on a regular basis, that pathology becomes the de facto method of thinking and articulation. DWS, the DNC, and the Democrat party prove this daily. This is nothing new, this is not a shocking moment, but you are seeing it in broad daylight now, whereas before they tried to hide it and would wave it off as an error, a misspoken statement, or some other politically flaking nonsense. Now they just don't care that you know that they are lying because they will essentially carpet bomb the lies throughout their media spokesmouths.

Coopers wafting respect-o-meter moved just a tiny bit on this one though.

K in Colorado said...

My wife is disabled with MS, and she has several of the more common symptoms like pain, fatigue, trouble walking, loss of balance, and cognitive issues. I guess I shouldn’t be amazed and disgruntled when people make comments like “crack cures” or make fun of Ann working with horses, or anyone else doing something that helps them, but I still am. The water therapy is NOT a MS treatment; it is a treatment for the symptoms of the MS. Water therapy also happens to be a standard physical therapy treatment for all sorts of conditions or injuries where you need to lessen the stress on muscles and joints.

Further, a lot of things MS patients do, like Ann with her horses, is to lessen stress. Since MS is an autoimmune disease, stress can trigger a new MS attack, so lowering your stress can help lessen the number and severity of attacks, and thus delay or prevent new disabilities.

My wife used to be a music teacher in public schools and taught piano lessons at home. She could listen to any sort of music (including a symphony) and then get out the music staff paper and writes out all of the parts for each instrument. A MS attack a few years ago damaged the part of the brain that deals with patterns, so she can no longer play the piano like she used to. She knows how to play, understand the complex rhythms, but when she goes to play, her hands do something different than she intends. It’s like an Oracle or Access database, your brain has different “tables” with instructions on how to do things. If you want to say “elephant”, then the mapping table points to a set of instructions on how the body physically does that, which is different than writing “elephant”. This attack also affected her speech – she could think “elephant”, write “elephant”, but when she would go to say “elephant”, the word would not be there, so she could only speak clearly if she spoke very slowly. Fortunately, she was able to get intensive therapy at a facility like Gabby Giffords went to, where she was able to recover her 90% of what she lost, but that last 10% still affects her ability to sit and play a complex piano concerto.

Sorry for the long rant, but it gets me slightly perturbed when people that don’t anything about MS start spouting off ignorant statements. By the way traditionalguy, we are Episcopalian as well.

Kirk Parker said...

Wow, DWS came across as a poorly-programmed robot in that exchange.

The Godfather said...

I was inspired by this interview to actually read the Republican platform plank on abortion, which I found on the CNN website. It doesn't say anything, one way or the other, about whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest. Therefore, if Romney says that he favors allowing abortion under those circumstances, that's not inconsistent with his also accepting the platform.

Thus, the premise of DWS's attack on Romney was false. Cooper failed to confront her with that. Too bad.

grackle said...

I don't hate DWS. I think she is as cute as a button. And I think she did as well as could be expected when Anderson confronted her with the Democrat campaign lie and misquote. There is no real defense for the lie so what else could she say?

I'm a political junkie. For TV news I primarily watch FoxNews so I can find out what the other news organizations are leaving out of the news, such as what Rev. Wright was actually preaching to Obama and the rest of Wright's congregation all those years when Obama attended Wright's church. The MSM left all that out of their coverage in an effort to portray the Right's objections about Obama's connection with Wright as racist. The MSM viewpoint was that conservatives hate black preachers.

About a third of the time I tune to MSNBC and CNN for the Progressive viewpoint. I think I detect a change in CNN. They seem to be not so much in the tank for Obama and the Dems in the last couple of weeks. It would be nice if this latest incident would turn out to be a significant trend. It might give some of the other MSM talking heads some courage.

grackle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Crack Emcee said...

Leave it to jr565 - a commenter I don't speak to because he NEVER GETS ANYTHING RIGHT - to mislead all of you into a witch hunt. In this case, he wrongly assumes "aqua therapy" and, hilariously, runs with it:

"That's excercising in water. That is not some far our concept. People with MS,..."

Most mentions of my name after that is criticism over jr565's assumption, though no one - especially not jr565 - bothered to confirm aqua therapy was the subject of my post.

Folks, I never mentioned "exercising" in water, never said "aqua therapy," nor have I ever found any mention of Ann Romney using it (something a thinking person - not jr565 - would've looked up, BEFORE making a connection to it) Poor brain-addled jr565 is just playing his usual Alan Krumwiede role perfectly, leading the rest of you into thinking and doing the wrong thing.

Before I explain WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT, I must thank him for providing that Neil Cavuto video. The one where Cavuto - a person with MS - says people with MS, including Ann Romney, DON'T NEED OUR SYMPATHY. Because it provided me with a laugh when jr565 followed it with these words in his very next post:

"Crack doesn't have MS, nor does he have to live with the pain of it. So, frankly fuck Crack and what he has to say, concerning alt treatments for it."

I couldn't make up a better example of a hypocrite if I tried.

I remember instigators like jr565 from the ghetto. Assholes who would run around, getting involved in other people's conversations, spreading misinformation until somebody got angry and a fight (or worse) popped off. Then - after the trouble died down (or someone died) and the truth emerged - the liars were nowhere to be found, because they were already looking for someone else's business to poke their nose into, attempting to do it all again.

In honor of this thread - and the behavior of Alex and jr565 - I will hereby refer to such people as "Debbie."

Michael The Magnificent said...

Dear lefties,

When you shamelessly lie in an effort to make your argument, you are admitting that the truth does not support your position.

The Crack Emcee said...

Ken,

Crack,



Just how is a person's religion comparable to simply lying about your opponent by deliberately misquoting a newspaper? And you scold Alex for changing the subject? I laugh in your face.


Laugh away, it'll get you nowhere. Your first mistake is thinking of Mormonism as a religion - it's not. It's a made-up creed, consisting of every major religion and "spiritual" practice of it's day, duct taped together by a con man for money. Here is Mark Twain's review of their bible:

The book seems to be merely a prosy detail of imaginary history, with the Old Testament for a model; followed by a tedious plagiarism of the New Testament. The author labored to give his words and phrases the quaint, old-fashioned sound and structure of our King James’s translation of the Scriptures; and the result is a mongrel—half modern glibness, and half ancient simplicity and gravity. The latter is awkward and constrained; the former natural, but grotesque by the contrast. Whenever he found his speech growing too modern—which was about every sentence or two—he ladled in a few such Scriptural phrases as “exceeding sore,” “and it came to pass,” etc., and made things satisfactory again. “And it came to pass” was his pet. If he had left that out, his Bible would have been only a pamphlet.

Needless to say, I trust Mark Twain waaay more than Joseph Smith or Mitt Romney.

Now, I ask you, is it not fair (or, more to the point, prudent) to directly ask the nominee of my political party - if he's gullible enough to fall for such a blatant ruse - how can he be trusted to deal with, say, the deceptions of other world leaders? Seriously, are you going to tell me it would be a stretch to see Mitt Romney playing the role of Neville Chamberlain on the world stage, knowing he can't spot an OBVIOUS fraud?

When it comes to Mormonism in American presidential politics, there are ONLY two ways to look at a candidate from this cult:

They are either gullible fools or outright liars.

And, as far as I know, neither is a ringing endorsement for office,...

Alex said...

Guess what Crack, ALL religions are fucking cults.

The Crack Emcee said...

Alex,

Guess what Crack, ALL religions are fucking cults.

Anything you say, Debbie,...

Mike said...

Crack,

You took jr565 to task for not getting it right about your water treatment reference but never followed up on your promise to "explain WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT".

Can you please? I'm genuinely curious.

furious_a said...

Crack: It's a made-up creed...

OK, I'll bite. You could say the same thing about Christianity, Crack, that it's just a me-too New Testatment tacked on to the Torah.
And that the Torah was the heat-stroke-addled scribblings of a wandering desert tribe. More a matter of degree than distinction.

Which would require pretty much every President past, current and future to submit to your gullibility survey. Is that the plan? Because how do you square that with the 'no religious Test' clause?

Nora said...

Cooper basically enabled her to repeat non-stop that republican platform has a total ban on abortion clause, while keeping up objectivity pretences.

The Crack Emcee said...

Mike,

Crack,

You took jr565 to task for not getting it right about your water treatment reference but never followed up on your promise to "explain WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT".



Can you please? I'm genuinely curious.


Sure - and sorry, but I'm doing several things at once. Remember Lem's comment about me?

Nobody.. I mean nobody, is more consistently on massage than Crack,…

Well, considering that, I would've thought anybody who's been on Althouse more than 5 seconds should've known I was referring to the cult of Homeopathy

Look at the date of that linked post - that's 5 YEARS I've been on this single subject - yet jr565 (I mean "Debbie") leaps to "aqua therapy"? As Bugs Bunny says, "What a maroon!"

I even said Debbie was "playing his usual Alan Krumwiede role," and who is Alan Krumwiede? He's the guy making matters worse by hawking worthless homeopathic remedies in the movie "Contagion." Here he is on this post:

"Fuck Crack and what he has to say, concerning alt treatments,…"

Naturally. But why does this matter?

Well, first, you have to look at the way news of Ann Romney's "treatment" with cult nonsense has spread through quack sites, and then look at these Atlantic and Wall Street Journal articles that state - as First Lady - "Ann Romney's MS Success Could Influence Treatment."

That's bad, because I would also point out that, while homeopathy isn't the quackiest of "treatments" she's into, you can't leave out the the most dangerous bit of information - repeated on several cult sites I've seen - that she (in traditional cult fashion) has dropped traditional treatment for the cult cures:

Since then, she credits a mixture of mainstream and alternative treatments with giving her a lifestyle mostly without limitations. She initially used corticosteroids, including intravenously, and credited them with helping stop the progression of the disease. She then dropped them and other medications due to counterproductive side effects. She has partaken of reflexology, acupuncture, and craniosacral therapy, and has said, “There is huge merit in both Eastern and Western medicine, and I’ve taken a little bit from both.”

Folks, to see a board member for the New England chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society speak of medicine as either "Eastern" or "Western" - alone - is enough to make me dread what havoc this woman's influence can wreck on others: There is no Eastern or Western medicine - there's only medicine - and anything outside of the meticulous study of that is "quackery."

Finally, why do I focus on homeopathy, if it's not the worse thing she's into? Because it's the "treatment" that any idiot should be able to see through - it's just water - but water with an entire cult philosophy keeping it alive when it should've been scrapped over 100 years ago.

Considering Debbie IS an idiot, I'm not surprised she hasn't figured this out yet, and relies instead on spreading misinformation and continually slandering those of us who do.

It's simply par for the course,...

The Crack Emcee said...

Kathy,

Crack Emcee....You seem to dominate Althouse posts....sometimes I wonder if you are an Althouse alter-ego.....I know the palace guard media never really covered this but I was just bamboozled when I heard Michelle Obama's stump speech where she said her husband came to office to speak "truth to power".....This is one of the best reasons to re-evaluate a 2008 vote for Obama....he and his people have no clue what this phrase really means.

I did not vote for Obama in 2008 - as a matter of fact I strenuously campaigned against him (look at the date of that link) and I will not be voting for him, or Romney, in this election - for the exact same reason:

I will not be part of this recurring drive to give cultists power over my country - period.

chickelit said...

Crack wrote: Remember Lem's comment about me?

Nobody.. I mean nobody, is more consistently on massage* than Crack,…

_____________
*I though Lem's misspelling was deliberate and alluded to masturbation.

Lem?

The Crack Emcee said...

chickelit,

I though Lem's misspelling was deliberate and alluded to masturbation.

One joke? Wow.

This thread sure does get quiet whenever I make clear points with links and stuff. No Alex attempting to change the subject, no jr565 attempting to muddy the issues, nobody defending Ann Romney's approach to MS.

Just *Crickets*

That strict journalistic approach creates Debbies like crazy.

No wonder you guys don't want to see it make a come back,,...

Calypso Facto said...

Just *Crickets*

Maybe because by the time you reach your 34th comment on a post nobody's reading any more?

jr565 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jr565 said...

Crack wrote:
Since then, she credits a mixture of mainstream and alternative treatments with giving her a lifestyle mostly without limitations. She initially used corticosteroids, including intravenously, and credited them with helping stop the progression of the disease. She then dropped them and other medications due to counterproductive side effects. She has partaken of reflexology, acupuncture, and craniosacral therapy, and has said, “There is huge merit in both Eastern and Western medicine, and I’ve taken a little bit from both.”

note she credits traditional medicine with halting the disease. But note there are also serious side effects with using steroids which is why she went to alternative therapies. Maybe, just maye, those therapies helped with some of those side effects. Why would she continue with them if they didn't work for her?.

jr565 said...

Crack., not sure if you know, but twain was also very critical of Christianity too.
If Christ had really been God, He could have proved it, since nothing is impossible with God. . . . When God wants to prove that the sun and the moon may be depended upon to do their work every day and night, he has no difficulty about it. . . . It is only when He apparently wants to prove a future life to us that His invention fails, and He comes up against a problem which is beyond the reach of His alleged omnipotence.” In Little Bessie, one of his short, fictional stories, Twain expresses his views of skepticism through the medium of a three-year old asking her mother religious questions.  Bessie asks her mother if Christ is God.  After her mother explains that Christ is indeed God, Bessie answers, “I understand it, now, mamma, and it is quite simple.  One twin has sexual intercourse with his mother, and begets himself and his brother; and next he has sexual intercourse with his grandmother and begets his mother.  I should think it would be difficult, mamma, though interesting.”

So, are you going to be as critical of Christians now as you are of mormons?

Alex said...

Crack doesn't get it. This blog is just for shits & giggles. Everyone's mind is already made up. Go ahead and take yourself THAT SERIOUSLY fool.

jr565 said...

Cack wrote:
Finally, why do I focus on homeopathy, if it's not the worse thing she's into? Because it's the "treatment" that any idiot should be able to see through - it's just water - but water with an entire cult philosophy keeping it alive when it should've been scrapped over 100 years ago

that article you cite from the WSJ doesn't even mention homeopathy as one of the things Romney used.

It does mention reflexology though, and I know you hae a bug up your ass about it.

Here's a study showing the efficacy of reflexology for those suffering MS:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12926840

Again crack, don't try to speak for ms sufferers, because you aren't suffering from the disease. If reflexology seems to help for most of the people in the study who are seriously suffering from debilitating symptoms, who are you to say otherwise.

jr565 said...

Crack wrote:
Before I explain WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT, I must thank him for providing that Neil Cavuto video. The one where Cavuto - a person with MS - says people with MS, including Ann Romney, DON'T NEED OUR SYMPATHY. Because it provided me with a laugh when jr565 followed it with these words in his very next post:

"Crack doesn't have MS, nor does he have to live with the pain of it. So, frankly fuck Crack and what he has to say, concerning alt treatments for it."

I couldn't make up a better example of a hypocrite if I tried.

I remember instigators like jr565 from the ghetto. Assholes who would run around, getting involved in other people's conversations, spreading misinformation until somebody got angry and a fight (or worse) popped off. Then - after the trouble died down (or someone died) and the truth emerged - the liars were nowhere to be found, because they were already looking for someone else's business to poke their nose into, attempting to do it all again.

In honor of this thread - and the behavior of Alex and jr565 - I will hereby refer to such people as "Debbie."

I refer you to the bit in the video where he refers to the sanctimonious jerks who know nothing about MS and yet are making fun of her for things like using a horse for therapy.
And if you mentioned a different ware cure, it certainly wasn't linked. Which is why I asked "is his the water cure you were talking about?." I googled ms and water cure trying to figure out what you were referring to (since you didn't provide any other info).
By the way, has Anne Romney ever told people not to go the traditional route to get cured of MS? Did she open the Romney clinic where she sells her own water that she says will magically cure people. If so, then you'd have a point. But all Anne did was use various therapies to try to help her with the various symptoms while she also traditional treatments. And what the hell is wrong with that? I think you'll find that a lot of people with idiseases like MS use things like homeopathy or acupuncture or reflexology, and some might even say its helpful to them. I'll take their words over yours since they are the ones with the disease and you,re not. And note, thats not me saying that acupuncture will magically cure MS, but will it help alleviate pain or weakness? Ask those suffering with MS.

jr565 said...

Anne mentioned on another post how all the supreme court are either catholic or Jewish? Why don't we hae a litmus test for those who are going through the interview process about their crazy religious views. For example for all the Catholics in addition to all the law questions and interpretation of the constitution questions maybe they should also grill the candidates on their religious views. For Catholics for example they could ask "do youREALLY believe in an immaculate conception? Really?!?" why them clearly, they are not fit to serve. Which would mean all Catholics should resign tomorrow. And what about the Jews on the bench. If they are beliees, why then surely they should answer for the absurdities in the bible and renounce them or step down. Because they would otherwise be unfit to serve.

The Crack Emcee said...

Alex,

Crack doesn't get it. This blog is just for shits & giggles.

Oh, that's your new line now that you've been proven a liar, right Debbie?

Yu-Ain Gonnano said...

Shorter DWS: Misquoting people is OK as long as it serves our purposes to do so.

And Crack, the "hate" (although that's not particularly the right word) is in asking the question to start with. Ann Romney isn't running for President and her belief in quack medicine has nothing at all to do with whether Mitt is capable of running the Executive Branch more effectively than Obama.

It serves no other purpose than to allow you to laugh at someone you don't seem to like.

The Crack Emcee said...

Yu-Ain Gonnano,

Shorter DWS: Misquoting people is OK as long as it serves our purposes to do so.

And Crack, the "hate" (although that's not particularly the right word) is in asking the question to start with. Ann Romney isn't running for President and her belief in quack medicine has nothing at all to do with whether Mitt is capable of running the Executive Branch more effectively than Obama.

It serves no other purpose than to allow you to laugh at someone you don't seem to like.


Four things:

1) I just used that as an example of the kind of thing real journalists should have been asking months/years ago.

2) I've already made the point that, as First Lady, Ann Romney's "treatments" for MS are going to be front-and-center, so it does matter.

3) As you can see in these videos, I am advancing a line of reasoning that anyone concerned about rationality would bring up. There is no "hate" involved - that is just a dodge, and a lie, attempting to shut down an opinion Romney supporters don't like because, if exposed, it could derail his campaign. No one in his right mind can vote for a man who buys the Joseph Smith story, nor would they think someone who bought Joseph Smith's story is a credible leader. I have every right to say that - especially if I can defend my position with evidence of Mormonism's lunacy, which I have.

4) I don't have to like anyone attempting to con me or my countrymen, and that includes those trying to protect Romney from answering the kind of questions that should be asked. They are all engaged in a deception and I will reward it with laughter or worse.

Yu-Ain Gonnano said...

1) I just used that as an example of the kind of thing real journalists should have been asking months/years ago.

And I disagree. It isn't an impartial questions because Ann Romney's views are irrelevant to her husbands abilities as an executive. You want to ask how Mitt's Mormonism effects his decision making, go right ahead. That seems a fair question to me. But in all the job interviews I've conducted, I've never asked a candidate what their spouse's views on anything were. Nor would I base my hiring decision on it.

2) I've already made the point that, as First Lady, Ann Romney's "treatments" for MS are going to be front-and-center, so it does matter.

Given that of all the people here, the only one that was even aware of Ann's homeopathic treatments was you, I'd say it isn't that front-and-center.

3) As you can see in these videos, I am advancing a line of reasoning that anyone concerned about rationality would bring up. There is no "hate" involved - that is just a dodge, and a lie, attempting to shut down an opinion Romney supporters don't like because, if exposed, it could derail his campaign. No one in his right mind can vote for a man who buys the Joseph Smith story, nor would they think someone who bought Joseph Smith's story is a credible leader. I have every right to say that - especially if I can defend my position with evidence of Mormonism's lunacy, which I have.

I'm with you that Mormonism is a false religion, but then as a "gullible Christian" I would. However, I haven't seem any evidence that his gullibility with respect to J.Smith has led to a pattern of poor executive decision making. You can say that his faith is a bad decision, but he seems to have done a decent job hiring the right people for the right job and executing strategies to achieve results (not that I always agree with those results, but that's a different issue).

4) I don't have to like anyone attempting to con me or my countrymen, and that includes those trying to protect Romney from answering the kind of questions that should be asked. They are all engaged in a deception and I will reward it with laughter or worse.

My point wasn't that Mitt shouldn't be asked questions about his faith. JFK certainly was. And it was fair to do so. Jackie Kennedy, however, would be different. Not sure what you think the con is, though. I haven't seen Mitt trying to convert anyone to Mormonism. Seems to me he is rather willing to leave others alone on the issue. That's really all I can ask of a candidate.

The Crack Emcee said...

Yu-Ain Gonnano,

In all the job interviews I've conducted, I've never asked a candidate what their spouse's views on anything were. Nor would I base my hiring decision on it.

To imply the First Lady is just another spouse is disingenuous. Our diets are being changed because Michelle Obama has a bug up her ass. That's power.

Given that of all the people here, the only one that was even aware of Ann's homeopathic treatments was you, I'd say it isn't that front-and-center.

I got the information from various media publications. More people know. Just because it's not the commenters here is irrelevant - there's LOTS they don't know.

I haven't seem any evidence that his gullibility with respect to J.Smith has led to a pattern of poor executive decision making. You can say that his faith is a bad decision, but he seems to have done a decent job hiring the right people for the right job and executing strategies to achieve results (not that I always agree with those results, but that's a different issue).

People keep saying this as though a Mormon-owned business, filled by Mormons, with Mormon judges and senators in their pocket (like Orrin Hatch) is somehow a miracle in business. I'll make you deal:

You give me a few million dollars, with a few well-placed power-brokers, and see what I can do,…

My point wasn't that Mitt shouldn't be asked questions about his faith. JFK certainly was. And it was fair to do so. Jackie Kennedy, however, would be different. Not sure what you think the con is, though. I haven't seen Mitt trying to convert anyone to Mormonism. Seems to me he is rather willing to leave others alone on the issue. That's really all I can ask of a candidate.

Along with Joseph Smith's doctrine itself being unchallenged, part of the con is the claim of "bigotry" (or "hate") directed at anyone who says the Mormons should be treated like anyone else. That their faith - which makes very specific claims that go against science and history, etc. - not be held up to scrutiny. That their candidate for president not explain how he can hold, for instance, those those claims in his head and be trusted to do the right thing. (Using your example of applying for a job, you'd never hire someone who got basic math wrong.) It seems to me, anyone gullible enough to buy into Joseph Smith's nonsense - which anyone can get the truth of - is not qualified to be president from the outset. Our lives are in his hands and falling for a con man's scheme should be a factor in assessing his suitability.

The rest of these people want to ignore the whole thing.

We just went through that with Obama - how'd it work out?

yashu said...

And Nancy Reagan was into astrology. Cultist!

OMG Reagan worst POTUS ever! Astrology cultist!