I have so much more time and subject matter for artistic projects in the summer, and with classes ending on Wednesday, I was looking for inspiration in the earliest examples of photography on this blog.
1. The blog post with the first digital photograph I ever took.
2. An early model of a post using photographs I happened to take that day and creating — concisely — a narrative arc.
3. Riffing on a movie with photographs taken — unabashedly — from the TV screen.
4. Photos of signs and displays accompanied by text that looks at them from a skewed perspective.
5. Attending and interpreting a genuinely interesting artistic event: Here and here.
6. I could use my drawings in a bloggy style. That reminds me: Palladian has done a magnificent job of presenting his drawings on line. Check it out. I used to travel with a pen and a sketchbook instead of a camera. I was highly influenced by this book. You have no idea how much time I spent, traipsing about, alone, looking and drawing. I don't know if I could go back to that, now that I've found digital photography. But I think there are alternative things that you can do, combining drawing and photography. I wonder if I'll ever get back to something like that....
7. Another idea is to get a new lens for the SLR camera and see what happens.
Anyway... just casting about....