1. Denial. What the hell? The cable cuts out now? Now of all times?!
2. Anger. I watched 6 seasons for this? Damn you David Chase! I'm canceling my HBO!
3. Bargaining. Can we have a "Sopranos" movie now?
4. Depression. We have to watch "John From Cincinnati." This is terrible.
5. Acceptance. All right. I watched the repeat play on Monday night. Shorn of all the tension and expectation, I can see that this is what had to be. The family, together, on and on. The cat of guilt and memory, sprawled on the sidewalk in front of Satriale's forever. "Life goes on," Paulie said after the funeral. "In the midst of death we are in life... or is it the other way around?" It was never about the big, sudden blood baths. It was the little things, and they're all there, to keep going back to. Did you notice the first time around that when Meadow, announcing her plan to go to law school, said, "The state can crush the individual," Tony said "New Jersey?"? Come on. There are a million little things things like that strewn across the 6 seasons. We're just getting started. Here, now, put Season 1, episode 1 in the DVD player.