३० जुलै, २०२६

Full moon, this morning at 5:24, 5:28.

IMG_0144

IMG_0151

I like the look of a moon as a marshmallow on a stick in photo #1.

२४ टिप्पण्या:

Jersey Fled म्हणाले...

From DHS.

“ We have been abundantly clear—if immigration attorneys commit fraud for their clients, the attorneys will be fined. This week, we issued a fine notice to Suraj Raj Singh totaling over $470,000. This attorney filed 118 fraudulent documents. Before President Trump came along, attorneys like this just got away with it!”

Jersey Fled म्हणाले...

From Just The News:

“ICE arrests 900 suspected human traffickers during FIFA, 180 victims, some children, rescued: report”

Enigma म्हणाले...

The Moon Illusion doesn't work with camera lenses. The moon always looks so tiny. Instead of a marshmallow I saw a glowing dandelion.

planetgeo म्हणाले...

Babylon Bee: "Terrorists Feeling Dumb For Ramming Twin Towers When All They Had To Do Was Run For Mayor"

Aggie म्हणाले...

Ms. Althouse, I think the Blogger SPAM function is unusually over-active today. Comments disappearing.

Original Mike म्हणाले...

I see Glinda, the Good Witch of the North.

wendybar म्हणाले...

Spain is undergoing an African invasion as we speak. Thousands of black men. No women or children.

Benny Johnson

@bennyjohnson
·
14m
Tens of Thousands of Illegal Migrants From Africa Are STORMING the Spanish Border

No, this is not a scene from The Walking Dead, this is a live INVASION of Spain right now.

This is what America would look like if Donald Trump didn’t secure the border.
https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/2082831648119214281?s=20

Another look

https://x.com/PWestoff/status/2082781679618265251?s=20

wendybar म्हणाले...

And we have to deal with this kind of mental illness in our country....


American Debunk
@AmericanDebunk
NYU Student explains to Nick Shirley why she would let rapists walk free

This is an actual NYU student explaining, on camera to Nick Shirley, why she would prefer her own rapist remain free on the streets. Suicidal empathy.

Shirley: "Let's just say somebody who has raped a woman."

Student: "Totally."

Shirley: "Would you like them to be out in the street?"

Student: "I think my answer is yes. Even though that's a challenging answer to say."

Shirley: "So if you got raped, would you like your rapist to be out in the street?"

Student: "Well, let me finish, because I have been raped and they are out in the street, and I'm not sure them going to jail is a solution to whatever's going on inside their heart or even my own heart that contributed to that experience that I'm having.

And I don't want more people to get raped, but I don't know for certain that going into a jail in the United States is going to shift anything inside of their operating system so that they'll make a different choice again."

Shirley: "Wow. Well, thank you guys so much for your time. And is there one last message you'd like to give to the people about potential the rise of communism or freeing the people inside the prisons?"

Student: "Just free yourself from the prison in your heart and then maybe we."

https://x.com/AmericanDebunk/status/2082773683408392670?s=20

Ann Althouse म्हणाले...

"Ms. Althouse, I think the Blogger SPAM function is unusually over-active today. Comments disappearing."

Not seeing anything now but I did check a while ago and let a few things out

Jaq म्हणाले...

I think of this war as the Moonraker war, the goal is global depopulation, so Trump may believe that he is going to open the Strait of Hormuz, but the people running him ultimately want the Persian Gulf destroyed, cutting off fertilizer and energy to much of the global south, it is the war for the MacKinder zone, Asia, which the British Empire viewed as inevitable. Asia needs to be depopulated, China delenda est.

If Trump finds a way out of this without the Persian Gulf going up in flames, well I will be mightily impressed, but the trouble is that his puppet masters in Israel don’t want that. Time will tell, because I can only speculate on the future, but this is how it looks to me.

Jaq म्हणाले...

Of course there is a chance that it might work out for the US, with the Eastern Hemisphere an impoverished ruin and us behind our oceans with all we need, just as George Washington advised. Nothing can be ruled out except that the world is in the course of a fundamental change, beyond the existence of anyone living today, so we cannot rely on our gut instincts.

boatbuilder म्हणाले...

Wendybar--The areas depicted in the videos are reportedly Ceuta and Melilla, autonomous regions of Spanish territory located in Northern Africa (off Morocco), on the other side of the strait of Gibraltar.

I don't know what the status of the invaders becomes once they enter those territories; i.e., whether they are free to enter mainland Spain. But I feel sorry for the residents, who will pay a very steep price for their government's abandonment of its duty.

Gusty Winds म्हणाले...

What is the over/under on how long the Madison, WI autonomous zone at Williamson and Baldwin Streets will last? The blocked off area is being supported by the city.

From Channel 15 WMTV article: "“As a resident trapped in the protest zone, I feel the protest turned into a very disrespectful occupation focused on punishing Willy Street for the incident,” the statement read. “It is now a lawless zone and homeless encampment barricaded on all four sides with groups blocking local residences and businesses from surviving.”

Madison has provided port-a-potties and salt trucks (to serve as barricades). Homeless have moved in.

From the Cap Times: "City Council Vice President Carmella Glenn said this weekend it had been “a hard week for a lot of people in Madison."

“Many neighbors are grieving, frightened, and looking for answers following the homicide of Corey Ruiz,” Glenn said over the weekend."

Vice President of the Madison City Council has already classified the police shooting as a homicide.

Eva Marie म्हणाले...

Jaq: “If Trump finds a way out of this without the Persian Gulf going up in flames, well I will be mightily impressed“
Fine, I saved that. But I bet that you will never acknowledge anything positive that Trump did or will do. TDS all the way.

Howard म्हणाले...

Tim, Tim, Tim. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Neither Trump nor Hegseth can read a topographic map. Also, pride cometh before the fall. FUBAR

tcrosse म्हणाले...

In my day Baldwin and Willy was known as Crystal Corners.

rhhardin म्हणाले...

Defunct figures of speech from novels written not too long ago

"the interesting observations I'd just collected were about as useful as a jockstrap in a girls' locker room.'

FullMoon म्हणाले...
ही टिप्पणी लेखकाना हलविली आहे.
MadTownGuy म्हणाले...

Heh. A friend, a co-worker in Madison, wrote a song called "Marshmallow Moon." He and his cohorts in the Relics Band, frequent performers at West Side locales, never performed it live, but they did another of his tunes as part of the repertoire.

Aggie म्हणाले...

'...Vice President of the Madison City Council has already classified the police shooting as a homicide. ...'

What would you classify it as? I thought that all killings of one person at the hands of another are called 'homicides' by definition. And then the DA decides whether the homicide is a case of self-defense, manslaughter, or murder and proceeds accordingly. Do I have it wrong?

I was wondering how long it would be before Madison got their own CHAZ zone. Anybody want to lay the odds on when the first armed robbery / rape / murder happens? Might as well make some money off the farce.

MadTownGuy म्हणाले...

I remember when Paul Soglin and the Madison City Council kicked Occupy Madison out of town.

How times have changed.

Gospace म्हणाले...

I'll have to look it up later. Were Ceuta and Melilla never conquered by the muslims or were they taken back from the muslims?

There are a few little spots like this around the world. Not including who owns what islands which is a wholly different category. England is trying to hand Diego Garcia over to a nation that never controlled it at all and isn't all that close to it.

Narr म्हणाले...

test

boatbuilder म्हणाले...

Gospace. Gitmo is in Cuba. Weird. I guess the U.S. position is "molon labe."

टिप्पणी पोस्ट करा

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.