३० जुलै, २०२६

"I am QTBIPOC and an immigrant, he is cis-white-straight/ish citizen, a decade older than me and didn’t even know what queer or BIPOC meant before meeting me...."

"The question is: How do I know I am not only doing this 'under the influence' of love?..."

A nutty question to a WaPo advice columnist, in "I planned to always be a queer, single cat-mom aunt. Then I met him. How does she know she’s not changing her life plan 'under the influence of love'?"

If love is the wrong reason, what is the right reason?

६२ टिप्पण्या:

Breezy म्हणाले...

Hmmm. Seems she obviously is changing her life plan due to love. Also seems like, in her case anyway, being queer is a choice.

Enigma म्हणाले...

It seems biology outranks ideology. If it didn't, humans would go extinct every generation.

And a new fundamentalist religion slowly matures into being a functional belief system...

Wince म्हणाले...

“If loving you is wrong, I don’t want to be right.”

n.n म्हणाले...

She's transitioning a second time and is confused by cis-reality.

Peachy+2 म्हणाले...

These people are losers and this is how they get attention.

RideSpaceMountain म्हणाले...

"I am QTBIPOC"

Spot of medicinal brandy clears that right up.

Iman म्हणाले...

The right reason would be to regain some semblance of mental health.

WK म्हणाले...

Just needs to figure out a way to explain and validate everything she has done.

Jersey Fled म्हणाले...

"I am QTBIPOC"

I don’t even know what this means. And I’m glad I don’t.

Mr. D म्हणाले...

I've seen it attributed to Keynes, Churchill and Paul Samuelson, but the notion is the same:

"Well when events change, I change my mind. What do you do?"

Leland म्हणाले...

Wasn’t me

n.n म्हणाले...
ही टिप्पणी लेखकाना हलविली आहे.
n.n म्हणाले...

There are two sexes: male and female. Two genders (i.e. sex-correlated attributes): masculine and feminine, respectively. The transgender spectrum includes homosexuals and simulants. The cisnarrative is plainly queer but not weird outside handmade tales of social progress indulged with liberal license.

Shouting Thomas म्हणाले...

All of this psychotic confusion grew out of feminism.

But, of course, the “real feminism” has never been tried.

Temujin म्हणाले...

This is similar to people living in decaying US cities, such as Seattle, Portland, LA, San Francisco, Baltimore, Memphis, St. Louis, New Orleans, just to name a few, and continuing to vote Democrat because party loyalty is more important than common sense or even your own civil society.

In this case, her running narrative about herself and who she pictured herself to be, wanted to be, was more important than actual love. And so...she's confused by it.

Leftist mindset is so thorough, so completely engulfing, it is almost takes an intervention to break free from it.

Jamie म्हणाले...

Dear Penthouse Forum: I never thought this would happen to me, but...

Seriously. Of what possible benefit to your life is "identifying" as a this-or-that? Is this person's concern that other relationships in their* life will end because they* are turning their* back on a prior identity of exclusively single-cat-mom-aunt-skin-colored-ness of some description? This is the only possibility that occurs to me, aside from the peril to their* own sense of self, which, for most people, would be mitigated by love.

So. Why isn't this person's question to the advice columnist something more like, "Why do I doubt that my other relationships won't survive my loving someone whose adjectives don't match mine?"

* It goes deeply against my grain to use a plural pronoun for a singular person, but as God is my witness, I don't know what to call this person. I wish them* the best but don't have a lot of confidence that they* will reach out and take what is offered.

John henry म्हणाले...

Hey "Him"

RUN FOR YOUR FRICKIN LIFE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!

John Henry

RideSpaceMountain म्हणाले...
ही टिप्पणी लेखकाना हलविली आहे.
RideSpaceMountain म्हणाले...

It's only a matter of time till something like Canada's MAID comes to the USA if for no other reason than the hordes of people like this hitting midlife knowing how they've screwed themselves.

Randomizer म्हणाले...

My niece became a lesbian in college. This was before the alphabet soup and pronoun bullying. She was active in the cause, carried the signs and brought her girlfriend home for Thanksgivings.

My very Catholic mom assumed/pretended that the girlfriend was her roommate. The rest of us are polite conservatives, so we didn't ask too many questions. My niece wasn't hiding anything, but didn't make a big deal of it either. We all got along well.

In her 30's, my niece announced that she was getting married to a guy. We'd met the guy, and thought he was just a friend. I asked my niece the obvious question.

"You're a lesbian. Why are you marrying a guy?"

I was curious how she was going to squirm out of this one.

Her answer. "I don't know. We kinda fell in love. It just happened."

I thought that was a very good answer.

Planning to always be a "queer, single cat-mom aunt" seems like a long-winded way to say you don't use for brain very often. A person aught to be able to adapt to changing opportunities and circumstances.

Birches म्हणाले...

What the hell did I just read?

And is it actually a woman or a man pretending to be a woman? I'm confused and the "advice" didn't help.

D.D. Driver म्हणाले...

If love is the wrong reason, what is the right reason?

To live authentically by performing the act of queerness. I life well-lived!

Jaq म्हणाले...

Women living with an actual man end up absorbing that man’s beliefs, whatever they are.

D.D. Driver म्हणाले...

Women living with an actual man end up absorbing that man’s beliefs, whatever they are.

So is Anne full MAGA now, or is Meade not an actual man?

Please answer truthfully.

gilbar म्हणाले...

this is WHY it is SO IMPORTANT for young people to IMMEDIATELY start treatment THE FIRST SECOND that they think they MIGHT BE trans.
Once a person starts taking chemical castration, and artifical hormones..
They will be PERMANTLY altered, Even IF they don't get SRS.

So, if your son/daughter thinks (FOR ONE SECOND) that they MIGHT BE trans.. Chemically Castrate and hormone dose them.
that way; WHEN they have second thoughts (as they WILL), it will be TOO LATE; and they can (MUST!) continue on their new identity

Mr. T. म्हणाले...

I don't speak pedophile unicorn groomer cultist-speak, so I have no idea what the quote said...

Where is Dinky ? He's fluent in methhead and regularly posts in barely-passible 2nd grade grammar-can you translate for.us Dink?

Earnest Prole म्हणाले...

Master-level trolling like this appears irresistibly delicious and gulpable regardless of whether you swing left or right.

Original Mike म्हणाले...

"RUN FOR YOUR FRICKIN LIFE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!"

Yep.

Tacitus म्हणाले...

For adults I am all in favor of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. That being said I regard some people as the equivalent of small yappy dogs chasing a very fast truck. They can pursue - yapping away while doing so - but they probably won't catch it.

RideSpaceMountain म्हणाले...

Loneliness is terrifying to women. It's something you won't read about often. They fear it more than Fauci fears telling the truth about covid.

Quaestor म्हणाले...

QTBIPOC is an unconventional way to spell parasite.

s'opihjerdt म्हणाले...

Ever since Gary Cooper said "Them what lives by the sword will be perishin' by the sword." Every person who spoke in gender neutral language has sounded like a weirdo.

Howard म्हणाले...

Is it a he she or they? You can't tell the players even with a scorecard. In any event, they should assume that it's lust, not love because that's what 99.9% of hookups are triggered by. Every time I hear the term cat mom, I imaging a homely spinster in a filthy housecoat with unkempt hair coughing up hairballs in-between puffs of a Salem 100.

Jamie म्हणाले...

I like Randomizer's comment!

Along those lines: I've long thought, or maybe this is a good place for the word "felt," that women's individual spectra of attraction and love are broader than men's. That is to say, I think it may be easier for a woman to be fluid in her sexual attraction - to move between hetero- and homosexuality. I've attributed this feeling of mine to women's (statistically typical) sex drive's being different from and lower than men's.

But it doesn't really matter. People get and stay married for lots of reasons; romantic love isn't the only factor, nor even the most important one, for some. In my own case, my romance with my husband is decidedly secondary, after more than 35 years, to the fact that he's still the person who makes me laugh the most, and whom I can just plain tolerate being around for the longest of any other human being I've ever met. The fact that I actively enjoy and look forward to his company almost all the time after this long, when most people drive me a little nuts after a week or so, makes staying with him a no-brainer.

(Our retirement travel thing is really putting my"actively enjoy and look forward to" feeling to the test! But luckily he knows me so well that he readily recognizes when I need time to myself.)

bagoh20 म्हणाले...

The right reason is reason. You can include love in your reasoning. Love is not a reason to abandon your mind. Think of falling love with Ted Bundy knowing his hobbies.

Gospace म्हणाले...

"I am QTBIPOC and an immigrant, he is cis-white-straight/ish citizen, a decade older than me and didn’t even know what queer or BIPOC meant before meeting me...."

Is it possible for anyone to understand what this gibberish means?

Lazarus म्हणाले...

"Planning to always be a "queer, single cat-mom aunt" seems like a long-winded way to say you don't use for brain very often. A person ought to be able to adapt to changing opportunities and circumstances."

Sounds like she's doing that. She looked at herself and her circumstances and rationally concluded that she's end up alone with cats and box wine. Now something has changed in her life and she's questioning her earlier assumptions.

Still, though, this is the sort of thing that used to end up in "Can This Marriage Be Saved?" columns in women's magazines. The relationship isn't just about two people. She'll have progressive friends and associates and reconciling their pressures with her relationship won't be easy, even if she succeeds in "changing" him.

DINKY DAU 45 म्हणाले...

This is help for the grammar person who puts a period in between for.us and has no ability to do research when obviously baffled. Punched in the head too many times? QTBIPOC is used to center the voices and experiences of the most marginalized members of the LGBTQ+ community. Historically, LGBTQ+ movements have often been dominated by white voices, and using QTBIPOC emphasizes the need for inclusion, representation, and equity It also recognizes the historic contributions of QTBIPOC individuals to movements like gay liberation and civil rights. Always glad to help those who struggle. Your welcome :)

boatbuilder म्हणाले...

The key question--what's his net worth?

boatbuilder म्हणाले...

"Women living with an actual man end up absorbing that man’s beliefs, whatever they are."

You're not married, I take it.

stonethrower म्हणाले...

Poor guy!

boatbuilder म्हणाले...

"QTBIPOC is used to center the voices and experiences of the most marginalized members of the LGBTQ+ community. "

Thank you for clearing that up, Dinky. Now everything makes perfect sense.

Snort!

tcrosse म्हणाले...

Do any of these various identities issue cards, that one can show to verify ones membership?

RideSpaceMountain म्हणाले...

People that say "I am QTBIPOC" unsolicited all produce the same reaction as "I am picking up CIA transmissions in my dental fillings", "I am a martian medical-molestation survivor" and "I am into scat play".

Same energy. Just give 'em a Gen Z stare and walk away.

gspencer म्हणाले...

The right answer is for that cis-gender, straight, white male to put on his Nikes and RUN AWAY AS FAST AND AS FAR AS POSSIBLE.

If you love him, spare him your mental illness.

bagoh20 म्हणाले...

"QTBIPOC is used to center the voices and experiences of the most marginalized members of the LGBTQ+ community. "

Try a different A.I.. That one sucks.

Smilin' Jack म्हणाले...

“A nutty question to a WaPo advice columnist”

She went to the right place.

stlcdr म्हणाले...

If you label yourself, don't be surprised when people label you.

bagoh20 म्हणाले...

" live authentically by performing "

That right there is the central problem.

Josephbleau म्हणाले...

Lesbians always say it’s not the meat, it’s the motion. But in her case, it really is the meat.

Josephbleau म्हणाले...

Torn between two genital configurations,
Feeling like a fool,
Loving both of them is breaking all the rules.

s'opihjerdt म्हणाले...

For my screen name, I typed something randomly with a closed fist.

Eventually the gay abbreviations will reprode the complete works of Shakespeare.

Enigma म्हणाले...

If a room full of 1,000 monkeys on 1,000 typewriters pound away for 1,000 years, will they eventually type out all the genders that need to be added to the MMIWG2SLGBTQQIA+ acronym?

Rabel म्हणाले...

The headline Althouse pasted leaves out a word from the original quote.

"If you had asked me two years ago, I would’ve told you my plan was to be the forever single rich cat-mom aunt."

From this we might speculate that the poor man gets a paycheck and that influenced the decision as much as love.

Kirk Parker म्हणाले...

boatbuilder,

> You're not married....

That's certainly one possibility, but the other is that you are downplaying the significance of the word *actual* in the original comment.

And as far as what her blather means, I think it signifies that on the crazy axis scale of 2 to 10, she's an 11 at least. And I will second the recommendation to run away, run for your life.

n.n म्हणाले...

She's cis-human. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's where human fitness is conceived and evolves as our [unPlanned] Posterity. Think of the children!

boatbuilder म्हणाले...

Kirk Parker--I was just making a joke. (Something that I often say to my wife, who doesn't fully appreciate my sparkling wit, either).

Lazarus म्हणाले...

Much depends on whether QTBIPOC is a QTπ.

And RU/18 BIPOC QTπ?

Michael Fitzgerald म्हणाले...

"For my screen name, I typed something randomly with a closed fist."
Dammit, for months I've been trying to figure out the code to reveal your real identity!

Tina Trent म्हणाले...

Ann Landers became repetitive, though usually right. These pathetic narcissists make cash for the Times to hire pseudo-therapists and *ethicists* to treat their fetishes like autopsies.

AnotherJim म्हणाले...

QTBIPOC (cutie-bipoke?) sounds kinda sexy, but it probably isn't.

Kirk Parker म्हणाले...

boatbuilder,

And I was just riffing off yours...

टिप्पणी पोस्ट करा

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.