२ सप्टेंबर, २०२६
"Wearing vintage clothes in Denmark can be a sign of one’s right-wing politics, he said, but for him, dressing up was an inclusionary practice: 'I’m trying to make it nonpolitical.'"
From "Look of the Week/A First Time Out in Clothes That Have Been Around the Block" (NYT gift link).

१८ टिप्पण्या:
And men wearing shorts in Denmark are a sign of sexual unattractiveness, or so I'm told.
When the collective left try to shame and malign the "right-wing" over nothing. Such Fascists.
“Don’t hate me because I look marvelous” a variation on “Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful. 🤩
“I’m trying to make [clothing I wear] non-political.” Good luck with that, Euro Dude. Not sure I truly understand his struggle.
Imagine needing to *try* lest your clothes be political. If you just throw things on — wacky stuff, slick stuff — you'll be taking sides, getting all partisan.
That's Denmark for you.
When Norm Macdonald, while doing a set would say; “I don’t want to get political”, I suspect he was mocking certain comics who would say “I don’t want to get political” as some sort of safety net, parachute, against possible blowback. There was nobody braver than Norm.
Here, purple hair and septum rings are our political marker.
Modern modalities, inanities occur in cycles.
Fashion sales, markets, and influencers.
Hand me downs are right-wing... libertarian. The more you know.
For NYT and other lefties everything is politics.
Danes in shorts.
The woman will be wearing a burqa soon. And those don’t come in rainbow colors.
Dressing well is right-coded? Is there anything decent left in the world that the left won't claim is right-coded?
👌 (no pun intended).
Hasan Piker recently started wearing suits. I suspect that it was because he wanted to start making public appearances with DSA politicians. (and not really the ShoeOnHead dust up)
I rarely wore suits. I actually had to wear uniforms when I was working at my theme park jobs. After a while, they felt like a part of me. Now that I'm retired, I still wear my black Halloween Haunt uniform from time to time because I think it looks cool. (It has a patch on the chest with flying bats that says, B.A.T.S. BACKSTAGE ACTIVE TECH SQUAD.)
They say that clothes makes the man, but I think that the man dictates the clothes. And when it comes to Hasan, some of those suits are wearing him.
n.n said...
"Hand me downs are right-wing... libertarian. The more you know."
But only if the suits are polyester, tan and actually came from your dad. That is the classic Libertarian fashion.
टिप्पणी पोस्ट करा
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.