Everyone knows you can’t drown in 30 feet of water if you are a Republican. https://t.co/sbLkfQ20Fb
— Scott Jennings (@ScottJenningsKY) September 13, 2026
... a well-examined head on a wild, untamed continent.
Everyone knows you can’t drown in 30 feet of water if you are a Republican. https://t.co/sbLkfQ20Fb
— Scott Jennings (@ScottJenningsKY) September 13, 2026
९५ टिप्पण्या:
you'd be SURPISED how little water it takes to drown in.
Ask Mary Jo Kopechne
JHC. People drown in bathtubs.
and, of course, people (democrat people) just gloss over the whole forced landing/plane crash part of the story
Yeah, 30 feet isn't much. The USS Arizona sank in 35 feet of water.
Just how tall IS this person?
Come on Scott, you were so close. Just say "everyone knows democrats can't swim" and sit back, put your feet up, and watch the internet chaos unfold.
The journalism industry does not want to be honest reporters. They want one side to win and unfortunately for America the side Corporate Media has chosen is the one currently being overrun by wild-eyed communists who are bent on destroying the Constitutional Republic we hold dear.
Sad!
IOW “Tiffany is a witch if he floats and if he drowns he deserves it.” Look at me! I’m journalisming!
One could mock the stupidity forever. Why do we have lifeguards, most swimming pools are only 12 feet deep. Whats up with that?
We could toss the reporter into 30 feet of water, and see what happens. There's one thing for sure, she wont drown. Its only 30 feet.
I’ve got an idea. Let’s tie Hope Karnopp to David Crowley and drop them in a spot which matches the mean depth of a “mere” 7 feet.
People do this with falls too. Saying he survived a fall from 20000 feet seems more miraculous than surviving from 2000 feet. But its not because after you fall 1500 feet you reach terminal velocity.
Your overall chance of surviving a 20 foot fall is 50-50. And of course, people have died falling down in their bathtub or a step ladder.
IIRC, the bends can occur if a diver rises too quickly from as little as 30 feet.
"The journalism industry does not want to be honest reporters. They want one side to win"
I don't mind the bias to win, so much as the desire to see their opponents die.
Has David Crowley contacts Tiffany in a gesture of common humanity? Or is Crowley subhuman like the rest of the Democrats?
RCOCEAN II said...
“We could toss the reporter into 30 feet of water, and see what happens. There's one thing for sure, she wont drown. It’s only 30 feet.”
That’s because - per Mike (MJB Wolf)’s comment - she’ll float.
It reads like a brain fart, where you don't express what you mean in a way that conveys your meaning. Is this a 'Republicans Pounce !' story? What was she trying to say? I'm not ready to assume she's accusing the plane crash victims of being over-dramatic because they're Republicans.
Some of the other comments say she was trying to convey that the lake is shallow and rocky, and that the water landing could have been much more hazardous had the plane hit rocks. She's apparently deleted everything now. So unless she speaks up, we won't know.
Don't get me wrong. When some idiot puts red paint on the Charlie Kirk statue to portray his lethal injury and celebrate his death on the anniversary of it, I'm the sort that thinks they should be viewing a little of their own blood to help them celebrate. Or showing mirth and gaiety at a 25 year commemoration of a slaughter, at the slaughter site, as a political leader. But I wonder if this is really one of those instances.
I think what this reporter meant when she said "doesn't seem like much to me" was to reflect her perception that with a plane crashing into water, more can go wrong there the relatively more shallow the water is. We'd recognize that if the reported water depth was 5 feet. She may have thought that 30 feet is more like 5 feet in terms of dangers that would crop up than it is like 100 feet of depth.
it's not like they're real PEOPLE like you and me...
I flew in one of those small Cesnas once. Never again. Those things are dangerous.
I am almost getting the feeling that these lefty journalists are not good people.
“I think what this reporter meant…” is a weirdly generous approach. Why aren’t her words and the plain meaning of “doesn’t seem like much to me” enough to condemn her “reporting”? Those are not FACTS she is presenting. They are her FEELINGS and even then the “to me” is the narcissistic framing of a know-nothing “reporter” who is too lazy to seek out and relay the opinion of someone — anyone — who DOES have expertise or experience in air crashes in water.
The actual facts and context are not IMPORTANT to this (likely millennial airhead) alleged “reporter” so she defaults to the favorite leftist yardstick for what’s “important.” Her feelings.
I just saw that the plane is a Beechcraft V-tail. I am not a pilot, but I knew a bunch of retired AF guys who bought their own small planes. They told me that the V-tail was easy to overspend in a storm, and then the wings fall off. Like most aircraft a V-tail flies poorly with its wings off.
From the reported location, it looks like the plane landed about 300 meters from the nearest shore. You can definitely drown in 7 feet of water. Also, she was definitely trying to make the accident look like a nothing-burger in exactly the same manner the left tried to make the assassination attempt on Trump look like nicking an ear during a haircut.
She explained what she was trying to convey and it makes more sense than any sinister explanation:
"I posted tweets earlier that were misunderstood. I was attempting to point out that the depth of the lake could have caused the plane to hit rocks, creating an even more dangerous situation. I did not mean to imply the depth made the landing less serious. It was the opposite."
The buckets of chemicals I use in our pool warn of drowning possibility.
The journalist should not go out and touch grass. I'd suggest she find a 30 foot deep pond and touch bottom.
The left are pissed he didn't die. But the second choice
is - 'oh it was fake'
Some on the vile left said that the vicious murder of Iryna from Ukraine on the bus - by a man who should have been in prison - that was also faked. They even went so far as to remove a lovely mural of her.
Liberal media defends thug who killed Ukrainian woman in cold blood: 'This man was hurting'
Mike 7:54 - thread win.
My disgust with the Soviet Democratic media overflows.
Reaching 30 feet.
The reporter was not able to determine whether Tiffany weighs the same as a duck.
And it is worse in the dark- the 911 call came just before 9 PM.
@CJ. Could explain the first tweet. But "30 feet doesn't seem like much to me", does not fit that narrative.
It's that one inch of water right above your nose that gets ya.
7:52 Mike - You are correct.
@Kurt K, I rely heavily on Occam's razor when evaluating the actions of people I don't know. She had little to gain and lots to lose pushing the narrative she's being accused of pushing.
I think it was just the rapid nature of breaking news reporting, and posting on social media without an editor to say "That's poorly worded."
Spiros said...
"I flew in one of those small Cesnas once. Never again. Those things are dangerous."
Was not a Cessna. It is a Beechcraft K35 Bonanza. V-Tailed doctor killer.
First story I encountered about the incident gave few details and didn’t mention Tiffany’s condition. They did, however, laud Crowley on his empathic words towards Tiffany after the crash.
"Don’t write so that you can be understood . . . write so you can’t be misunderstood."
William H. Taft (attr.)
Maybe she thought when a plane goes into the water it's like when she dives in off a dock or something.
@CNinPA,
Maybe that's why she didn't explain herself, because she felt stupid for thinking the plane would go deep and then bob back up to the surface like a fat guy in a cannonball contest.
Spiros said...
I flew in one of those small Cesnas once. Never again. Those things are dangerous.
This is true. The fatal accident rate is about 100X commercial aviation. The main factors are low pilot experience and poor training and crappy maintenance. Maintenance on commercial airliners is a wonder of the modern world. As a former military pilot with thousands of hours, the most scared I have ever been in a airplane was in a single engine Cessna.
@CJinPA,, I also use Occam’s razor. IMAO she thought she was being cute. Having been caught out she tries the “tweets were misunderstood” gambit. Doesnz’t work on me.
Peachy+2 (8:49am):
Maybe the problem is ignorance of English, specifically the fact that some verbs can be both transitive and intransitive. "This man was hurting" is absolutely true, if you mean he was hurting other people.
Amendment to my comment at 8:40. Autocorrect changed “overspeed” to “overspent.”
Her tweets usually get a couple of thousand views. Her "apology" has garnered 135,000 right now.
Next up, GoFundMe and a book deal.
"Don’t write so that you can be understood . . . write so you can’t be misunderstood“
…some people, including some here, write to be misunderstood- deliberately, so they ‘leave themselves an out’. In the case of our 30 feet ding dong, perhaps she believes she’s left herself an out?
"Big Mike said...
I just saw that the plane is a Beechcraft V-tail."
Love Bonanzas. When I was a teenager and looking to maybe become a pilot (took ground school, but opted for college instead), the Bonanza was my favorite. They did call them Doctor Killers, but at least per Wikipedia, they actually had a lower accident rate tham comparable aircraft.
Another issue with small planes is that they fly in weather (i.e., relatively low to the ground) rather than above it like airliners do.
Actually, what everyone knows is the Democrats are, in general, murderous shits who are sad that the Republican didn't die
Karnopp thought the sound of a power off water landing is a whistling sound, increasing in volume and decreasing in pitch, ending suddenly in a delicate "bloop!" which is followed by a few moments of silence then a splashing noise and a cry of, "Holy fucking shit, dude! That was awesome!" echoing across the water.
Behold the democrat party of tolerance
I mean - soviet hate fueled antifa thug(D) assholes.
Charlie Kirk statue vandalized days after unveiling
This reminds me a lot of the 'Working out makes you Conservative' trope, a re-posted old story from the UK that appears from time to time on one of the other sites, can't remember, Instapundit or AOS. It's meant to highlight addle-pated Liberal absurdities that they seem oblivious of expressing, writing stupid things to misrepresent conservative values. When this first started getting re-posted, I tracked down the article and actually read it, an opinion piece. It was a tongue-in-cheek article that was actually poking fun at itself, a humor piece - not at all what it is now used to represent, for outrage clicks.
Jennings' re-post of the outrage tweet has the same kind of feel. Lake Wasau is a dammed-up wide part of the Wisconsin River around Wasau. The river channel runs through the middle of the lake, and its maximum depth is 30 ft. Maximum, and as she pointed out, the average depth is 7 ft. The crash location dot in the original tweet seems to be near to the channel edge. But just to the east, on Google Maps satellite view, you can see that it shoals up, and the bottom is visible. I'm guessing this is where the victims swam to, and stood up until they were rescued. From what I read, they didn't swim to shore, they were picked up by rescue craft, standing in shallow water.
She actually posted a followup tweet after she removed the original ones, saying that she was trying to highlight the danger of the crash in shallow water: 'I did not mean to imply the depth made the landing less serious. It was the opposite.'
CJinPA said...
She explained what she was trying to convey and it makes more sense than any sinister explanation:
"I posted tweets earlier that were misunderstood. I was attempting to point out that the depth of the lake could have caused the plane to hit rocks, creating an even more dangerous situation. I did not mean to imply the depth made the landing less serious. It was the opposite."
She's lying. She didn't mention rocks at the time, or how the Republican candidate had been in serious danger. She's making that up now, because she got caught and called out on her BS, nothing more
...some here may have referenced it, but I listened to the FAA breakdown of the Bonanza crash that killed YouTuber TNFlygirl. Supposedly she was deficient in the 'stick skills' to fly this plane, implying there's more skill required and things happen more quickly in this aircraft vs say a newbie trainer...
"I was attempting to point out that the depth of the lake could have caused the plane to hit rocks,…"
Oh, bullshit. I can't believe anybody's swallowing this.
CJinPA said...
@Kurt K, I rely heavily on Occam's razor when evaluating the actions of people I don't know. She had little to gain and lots to lose pushing the narrative she's being accused of pushing.
Thousands of leftists have publicly celebrated Charlie Kirk's murder, going to great lengths to do so. So the idea that some left wing "reporter" wouldn't risk pushing an anti-GOP candidate narrative is just ludicrous.
The best you can say about her is she's a poor communicator who has a habit of spewing blather in public without thinking.
And that should get her fired, too
Original Mike said...
"I was attempting to point out that the depth of the lake could have caused the plane to hit rocks,…"
Oh, bullshit. I can't believe anybody's swallowing this.
Yeah. Here's your less that 280 char tweet:
"30 feet doesn't seem like much to me. He could have hit rocks and been really hurt."
Bonanzas have that reputation, because it is a likely upgrade for pilots going to a more complex, faster airplane. Skills take time to develop, and, if caomplacent, situations can get out of control quickly. This particular incident seems to be engine failure.
She needed to have a proofreader, any proofreader, to verify she said what she wanted to mean. Even if it's only X. I once worked at a small town newspaper. The other employee and I ALWAYS proofread the other's work. We had many an "Oops!" that thankfully failed to make it to print.
ChrisC (responding to spiros),
> The main factors are low pilot experience
> and poor training and crappy maintenance
True, however this completely overturns what you think is your agreement. It's not "these things"; it's the people using them.
I routinely flew on single engine light planes in both Chiapas and South Sudan, and the only time I ever felt nervous was one time when (a) we were dodging thunderstorms, and (b) our pilot, who had flown A-4s in vietnam, looked visibly nervous.
Hope “Ackchyually” Karnopp
I suppose we all make mistakes, but her clarification doesn't add up for me. She has a journalism degree from Wisconsin. She should know how to convey messages about news events clearly, even if they're tweets.
Maybe if we had heard her express her thoughts instead of reading them, her intended meaning would have been clearer.
Another problem is that writers can be brief only with frequent readers. Maybe those familiar with her reporting and tweets read this the way she intended, but I did not.
For a sobering look at air safety, take a look at any of several US government databases. The NTSB lists over a thousand aircraft incidents this year. The vast majority involve small planes, e.g., Cessnas, etc.
I believe he’s 32 ft tall so she does have a point
@Big Mike, what's the scenario in which she makes those posts and wins praise or some benefit? I don't see any realistic scenario, and cost/benefit is what drives people's actions.
The great thing about lefties is that they are so stupid the punchlines write themselves. The not-so-great thing is that their stupidity is destroying the Republic.
The reporter is now back peddling on X and getting railed in the comments for lying: "I posted tweets earlier that were misunderstood. I was attempting to point out that the depth of the lake could have caused the plane to hit rocks, creating an even more dangerous situation.
I did not mean to imply the depth made the landing less serious. It was the opposite."
Such buillshit. Lying, liberal, reporters. They all just want applause from everyone inside their liberal bubble.
"30 feet doesn't seem like much to me." - A snobby millipede
..proofreader, to verify she said what she wanted to mean..
The TROUBLE IS: what she wanted to mean, changed DRAMATICALLY once people started reading it.
in her head, it sounded Great!
just like in their head,
celebrating a Kirkiversary sounded GREAT! until they got fired
Obama's chef died in 8 feet of water.
@CJinPA, I believe that Greg has answered you very well at 10:26 and 10:30. She expected to get strokes from inside her bubble; she did not expect vehement pushback.
I would like to thank Bushman at 9:22 for alerting me to Crowley’s gracious comments on the accident. I had not seen anything like that but he csused me to look again. Thanks, Bushman.
her problem is that non lefties read..
IF ONLY lefties would read it, she never would have had a problem, because lefties would have known what she meant;
which is that Republicans Should DIE!
“I was attempting to point out that the depth of the lake could have caused the plane to hit rocks, creating an even more dangerous situation.”
Well, to be fair, she might not be lying. She seems dumb enough to actually believe that.
A 300-meter swim at night after a crash is no picnic. Given a random sample of the average person in the US, I'd guess at least half wouldn't make it.
"A 300-meter swim at night after a crash is no picnic."
Yes, impressive. And then the intelligent decision to stay put once they reached shallow water.
What bullshit. The maximum and mean depths of the lake have absolutely nothing to do with how dangerous it is to crash land in a small plane in the dark.
Her intention was snark, magnified by ignorance.
It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood.
Karl Popper
As they say, a small plane can fly barely fast enough to kill you.
My advice, in the context of a very multi-national company, was: Do not write to be understood. Write so that you cannot be misunderstood.
Regarding the Bonanza, it got it's nickname "Doctor Killer" because it was a popular performance "upgrade" that doctor pilots could afford, which came with a couple problems. First, doctors egos. Deciding not to go, or deciding to turn back, are essential survival skills for any pilot, especially amateurs. Second, these pilots are often also new at flying on instruments (IFR). When I was flying you had to have 400 hours minimum before you could get an instrument rating, which was usually handed to you by your CFII with the warning "Here. Try not to kill yourself with this."
I could blither on forever about this stuff (my father was, among other things, a NASA aviation safety expert) but I will spare you.
It sounds like engine failure at night leading to a successful ditching. That Bonanza pilot did ok under the circumstances. The V-tail Bonanza has light pitch forces. Many accidents in that type happened because a pilot flew into clouds and lost control. When they came out underneath the clouds, they overstressed the plane leading to structural failure.
As for flying single engine at night, I never really enjoyed it. My first instructor always said that any engine could fail at any time, so you must be ready to perform an emergency landing. That's much more difficult at night. The old joke about that is that if you engine quits at night, you establish the best glide speed while attempting restart. If you can't restart the engine, you look for the best possible landing spot. As you approach the ground, you turn on your landing light. If you don't like what you see, you turn the light off. No sense seeing it coming.
One of her defensive follow-up tweets says, "In a breaking news situation, reporters try to gather as much information as they can. Part of that included details readers might wonder about Lake Wausau, and it was my goal to share initial information that added context to the incident."
No. The map (which I gather was party of the initial tweet) was "details readers might wonder about Lake Wasau"; what she said was not "initial information" but rather her opinion, and the kindest version of "context" it added was that she is ignorant and incuriious.
She's lying about her original intent - or possibly about being a qualified reporter, as I cannot see another way to take the statement "30 feet doesn't seem like much to me" besides as an attempt to minimize the danger. If anyone here had wanted to convey the thought, "That body of water is shallow and rocky. Fortunately the plane landed in open water instead of on rocks," would anyone have tried to do so the way she did?
One one hand it can be read as minimizing, on the other hand it can be read as there not being much cushion for error, on the gripping hand she might just be the cleverest reporter ever, crafting it in a way that can be understood in two completely different ways, twice!!
Let's highlight her full quote:
"Explain the gravity of the situation. Thirty feet doesn't seem like much to me."
Explain the gravity of the situation …
We cannot coexist with people who actually want us dead.
Sooner or later, it will need to be dealt with.
Picture of the plane, with its tail sticking out of the water here:
https://apnews.com/article/congressman-tom-tiffany-emergency-landing-2bfa267b324b27688b9b66088f7ab7c8
They swam about 100-150 ft to reach shallow water they could stand in, according to this.
CJinPA said...
@Big Mike, what's the scenario in which she makes those posts and wins praise or some benefit? I don't see any realistic scenario, and cost/benefit is what drives people's actions.
You are just being dishonest at this point.
Democrats have proven they are evil vicious pieces of shit that dance when people they disagree with are killed.
Trying to ascribe them good intentions makes you part of the problem at this point.
Howard said...
A 300-meter swim at night after a crash is no picnic. Given a random sample of the average person in the US, I'd guess at least half wouldn't make it.
Fortunately for most people they just need to turn over and lie on their back and they would float if their body fat% is high enough.
Of course that does require a minimal core strength and awareness so...
Original Mike said...
"A 300-meter swim at night after a crash is no picnic."
Yes, impressive. And then the intelligent decision to stay put once they reached shallow water.
This infers that they were bottom bouncing which I would consider a trained reaction.
"This infers that they were bottom bouncing "
That makes sense. I wondered how they knew when they reached shallow water.
Geez. With clarifications like this, who needs obfuscation?
With her talents, Karnopp should cut the journalism shtick and become a university faculty member instead.
CJinPA said...
@Big Mike, what's the scenario in which she makes those posts and wins praise or some benefit? I don't see any realistic scenario, and cost/benefit is what drives people's actions.
The benefit is she minimizes the danger of the situation
Because she's a Democrat Party hack, and therefore she does not want a GOP candidate to get any sympathy.
The point here is that she has an automatic reaction to downplay anything that might help a GOP candidate, no matter what. Which is to say, she's a bad human being
Ambiguous Interpretations
30 feet? Isn't that 'full fathom five'...?
टिप्पणी पोस्ट करा
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.