From "Milo Yiannopoulos, a Right-Wing Provocateur, Is Arrested by ICE/Mr. Yiannopoulos, a prominent early supporter of President Trump, was detained at the New Orleans airport. The Trump administration publicized his arrest and shared a mug shot" (NYT gift link).
• Is there some kind of idea that if you're not sexually attracted to your spouse you're not married anymore?! Good luck in divorce court.
• Here's the 2022 NYT article about the "notorious dinner": "Trump’s Latest Dinner Guest: Nick Fuentes, White Supremacist/The former president’s table for four at Mar-a-Lago on Tuesday also included Kanye West, whose antisemitic statements have made him an entertainment-industry outcast."
• Being a prankster may cause you to imagine that the rules don't apply to you, but no one really thinks they don't.

४८ टिप्पण्या:
The amount of shape shifting that goes on in the so-called influencer class is disturbing. Integrity always takes a back seat to a few bucks from the web. Sanity, too, it seems.
Who knew Milo was still a thing???
Unfortunately yet a another example of the right scrupulously applying the rules to its own people. We will never win by doing this. See how the Dems are being very careful with the DSA. We need to do the same with fringe righties. CC, JSM
l vaguely recall when I last left our hero he was part of the leftie ban on free speech hair clog…
I'm so old I can remember when Democrats thought hanging out with Nazis was a negative.
“imagine that the rules don't apply to you, but no one really thinks they don't”
I think that is really the short of this long news story.
Transgender. National Socialism. Rabid Diversity. #HateLovesAbortion
So, they had a gay old time, but now they have transitioned, and the affair is no longer a viable choice. The relationship gas evolved as a burden. NYeT. Never. Social justice demands a divorce.
Every asshole eventually wears out his welcome is the theme of this and the Prince Harry Megan stories this week.
When I saw the reference to “Mr. West” I thought “Cornel”?
Human husbandry. Queer.
A lot of weird people have come to prominence this century.
There are a lot of reasons for this. In this particular case, though, we can thank Steve Bannon, who really platformed Milo when he (Bannon) was trying to expand Breitbart's reach after Andrew Breitbart's sad, untimely, unexpected death.
Did Trump know Fuentes was a "White Supremacist" but chose to dine with him anyway? How about Kanye dining with a "White Supremacist"?
Nick Fuentes is now the darling of the left.
Watch how his racism and KKK background melt away.
Another outrageous provocateur working the border between politics and exhibitionism. Dude made Hasan look like a piker.
If Nick Fuentes-Groyoper is anti-Israel - Nick Fuentes-Groyoper is IN on the left... and the Tuq'r straightjackets.
Well, bye!
In my opinion, Milo was never a 'right wing provocateur', and the only reasons he's being characterized as one here, in this incident, is to cast conservatives in a bad light.
Milo is that type of histrionic queen that loves the stage. And the Republican party is his stage, but not his audience.
It may surprise you to hear, but I'm ultra MAGA, and I know a few others. I've never heard anyone mention Nick Fuentes, and I've never listened to or read a word from him. I'm guessing I would not like him.
I do know Milo, and I kind of enjoyed him, but he was a guest here, and he disrespected our laws and got caught. Adios.
bagoh20 said...
It may surprise you to hear, but I'm ultra MAGA, and I know a few others. I've never heard anyone mention Nick Fuentes, and I've never listened to or read a word from him. I'm guessing I would not like him.
Most people on this board are old media consumers.
I would rather have Nick Fuentes in my party than Mitt Romney or anyone that graduated from Haaaarvad.
I haven't seen what Fuentes has to say about anything lately but I assume he has Jews on the brain.
But if White men ever get their pride back and start demanding credit for raising the world out of poverty it will be because of people like Fuentes who is catholic hispanic ironically enough.
The left love to build the false flag boogieman, then tear him down.
When the boogieman goes rogue - they adjust with memory hole, lies and hypocrisy.
Achilles - you build a false choice.
Romney is retired from politics.
Your better false choice is DeSantis and Fuentes - and you would choose Fuentes.
The height of Milo's highs and lows. Jurisdictional differences.
Milo 1.0 was funny and provocative and sometimes profound. I had hoped that after one of the times he was canceled he would withdraw to a quiet place and come back with a great book or new media blog or podcast or something to show he had matured into a thinker. I was mistaken. He seems just like the leave Brittany alone guy or the other million influencers that really don't have much influence.
I should have a George B. Shaw quote or something from Oscar Wilde but I don't think Milo ranks that.
I thought this was tabloid stuff. Then I saw three NYT journos wrote it and realized how important it is. /s
It's been several years since I paid any attention to what Milo was up to, but IIRC the "ex-gay" wasn't because he was no longer attracted, but because Milo--who is Roman Catholic--had decided to become more diligent about following the church's teachings.
As for "[Milo] never revealed the full identity of that person," I always assumed the cropping John's face out of pictures was a bit of a wink, as it wasn't particularly difficult to find out the rest of his name.
Bag oh (8:59): “… I'm ultra MAGA, …. I've never heard anyone mention Nick Fuentes, and I've never listened to or read a word from him.” Me neither. Fuentes is a tool of TDS elites and the mediaswine trotted out to justify claims of MAGA racism.
Taking pride in the accomplishments of your race is stolen valor. How much of it did you accomplish?
Unless Milo has been careless in renewing his visa, which I doubt, this strikes me as a hostile act based on him saying mean things about Jews, or the myriad closeted homosexuals in the Republican Party. It's the canary in the mine for America First.
"Unless Milo has been careless in renewing his visa, which I doubt...."
What do you mean? The article is clear: He overstayed his visa. And it's not like they tracked him down: "The arrest follows the Trump administration’s efforts targeting foreign citizens as they travel through airports, a tactic that opened a vast pool of people for deportation. Immigration agents in plain clothes have in recent months whisked away targets at check-in counters and arrival gates with the help of information provided by airlines to the Transportation Security Administration."
If he was caught via a standard method applied at airports and he showed up at an airport with no current visa, then he wasn't targeted.
The Homeland Security canary says:
"Yiannopoulos legally entered the country on May 14, 2019, through New York City, New York. He chose to overstay his welcome in violation of our nation’s laws.
Yiannopoulos was issued a final order of removal by an Immigration Judge on July 22, after failing to show up for his immigration hearing. He will remain in ICE custody pending removal."
Sweatbee is exactly right. We haven’t heard from milo because he reverted to his Catholic faith . I heard him on a podcast, he was brutally honest about how he had been living versus how he lives now. He isn’t out swanning around.
"What do you mean? The article is clear: He overstayed his visa."
Yes, but we are not told whether he tried to renew it. If he didn't, that's on him, but as a Green Card holder myself I know exactly when it expires, and what I need to do to keep it current. A renewal can be refused on character issues, so it will be interesting to see what Milo may have to say about that. If renewal was refused, then yes, he has technically "overstayed" on the visa he was issued. But that may not have been through negligence on his part. Don't forget that he worked for Marjorie Taylor Greene, so will have no friends in Trump world or on the Left at Homeland Security.
I read yesterday that he was already gone. Flown out immediately.
So - this is just a - follow the law and no one is above it, situation.
Strange in a world after Crook above the law JOE .
If he's going to be deported, it's more likely (at least to me) that it's because INS didn't want to be seen as applying one set of rules to "right-wing" influencers and another to other visa overstayers and illegals.
ICE, whatever ...
“But if White men ever get their pride back and start demanding credit for raising the world out of poverty it will be because of people like Fuentes who is catholic hispanic ironically enough.”
The last time the White Man was in his full flush of pride, the Ku Klux Klan targeted Catholics with almost as much zeal as they targeted blacks. People like Fuentes always think they’ll be spared by the mob.
See how the Dems are being very careful with the DSA. We need to do the same with fringe righties.
No, we don’t. You’re saying we’d be wiser to lie — if even by omission. I’m hearing your opinion all over X today from prominent woke righties. Milo is a mess and you’re worried we’ll lose his supposed followers.
So be it.
Earnest Prole said...
“But if White men ever get their pride back and start demanding credit for raising the world out of poverty it will be because of people like Fuentes who is catholic hispanic ironically enough.”
The last time the White Man was in his full flush of pride, the Ku Klux Klan targeted Catholics with almost as much zeal as they targeted blacks. People like Fuentes always think they’ll be spared by the mob.
The only reason idiots like you can cite the KKK as evil is because they had opposition and they were defeated by white men.
In every other country in the world the KKK is the norm just with different names. Move to any other country right now. The KKK is waiting for you. Right now.
The United States is the only country where this evil was defeated. Before you could say Britain. Britain and the United States were the only countries in the world that opposed slavery and the only countries that actually fought racist apartheid.
By white men.
bagoh20 said...
Taking pride in the accomplishments of your race is stolen valor. How much of it did you accomplish?
This is very similar to the reasons why army units study the history of their unit.
You have to understand where you came from and who came before you to build unit cohesion.
The reason white men are hated and attacked like no other group is specifically because we overcame that tribal racism. The other tribes want to go back to the old ways of tribal spoils because white men made meritocracy possible. Most people do not appreciate meritocracy once they gain power.
Meritocracy has been tried once in history in one place and every other group of people has been turned against white men and the United States because of it.
This is foundational to understanding why the United States is the best country in the world and why the forces that are trying to tear it apart want to bring us down.
Achilles, I would agree with almost everything you said, but I would add that the "white" part of "white men" isn't genetic. It's cultural, specifically English-speaking culture.
(the "men" part of course is genetic: XY. Although even then, there are probably a few women who are functionally "white men." Elizabeth I, Maggie Thatcher, Tulsi Gabbard.)
Any man can adopt the culture of the English-speaking peoples. Most black soldiers, for example, are culturally "white men." So are a lot of Asian-Americans. Latinos become "white men" within a generation of coming here.
But yes, just like someone who joins a regiment and takes on its lineage, the non-white "white man" is taking on the lineage accomplished mostly by genetic British men, going back to the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle. CC, JSM
When is the NYT's going to star identifying people as "Jewish Supremists" or "Black Supremists"? Because there are quite a few of those running around in the USA.
The "Label Game" is a propaganda technique, and despite its pretense that its "Objective news" the NYTs and the MSM are more propaganda organs - like Pravda - than objective unbiased news sources.
You'd think people would be insulted at this game of pointing out who's bad and who's good in every newspaper article but I guess not. Nick Fuentes is now fairly well known to those who follow news. Certainly more so than the Milo Yinayappyopolis. So why the need for the moniker? Same with Trump's dinner with West and Fuentes. Why label it "Notorious". Why not just say it without a label?
Liberal/Leftists love these propaganda word games. I wish the rest of the county would see it and say something. But I guess not. Real 'muricans don't care 'bout words. Why they let their fists and guns do their talkin' for em.
Except words matter.
Mr. Y Minneapolis is unknown to me. Fuentes I know. So why is Milo Y the lead of the story? And who cares?
I guess the NYT's is trying to some how tie Fuentes-Milo Y to Trump. That's the only reason to have an article about so obsure a person. Who's not even an American.
Its like that other "Rightwing" goofball the NYT's gave space to. Curtis Yarvin. Nobody knew who he was. He gave an interview and talked in circles. Other than being some sort of mysterious "Rightwinger" I have no idea why he's important or what relevance he has.
I know the NYT's has to keep up the scare. We always need to have mythical "Wreckers" and "Counter-revolutionaries" to keep the Peasants and workers in line. But really, all this is just nonsense.
I think deep down a lot of liberal/leftists want to have real fascists to fight. Politics is their reason to live and love to fight. But there's just no real opposition. So they make one up.
Left or Right, there’s a word for people who count by race.
I think a whole lot of people have been aware of Milo since Steve Bannon hired him for Breitbart news after Andrew Breitbart regrettably died young, unexpectedly. Milo went in and out of a certain notoriety. And for a while he was involved in some pretty mainstream venues (CPAC).
It's notable to me that the proximate cause of his deportation was his failure to appear at a scheduled hearing before an immigration judge, who then ordered him deported.
I have to wonder: He was involved in what I gather is a messy divorce (still ongoing). I wonder if in the UK, he might not have to fork over some assets, or whatever, that he might otherwise have been ordered to do. I have no idea what the financial situation is, and nor do I really care, but this post popped up, and so I am wondering.
टिप्पणी पोस्ट करा
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.