From "Inside the Phone-Throwing Drama at the Troubled, Broke Democratic Party/The Democrats should be well positioned to make gains in this year’s midterms. But inside party headquarters, every week brings paranoia, worries about money and, on occasion, emotional eruptions" (NYT gift link).
Just 5 days ago, we were talking about how unusual it is, in a work environment, for someone to throw something. I blogged a story about Troy Jackson, now the Democrats' candidate for Senator from Maine, who, according to WaPo, "once angrily threw a water bottle in a meeting after he couldn’t persuade a lawmaker to vote his way." I asked: "Have you ever thrown anything as a way of expressing emotion? Even in a private, non-work environment? It's some kind of red flag, throwing things. Who does that?"
Various answers in the comments over there, and now we have a new answer: Ken Martin.

118 కామెంట్లు:
"The phone-tossing incident resulted in a formal complaint to the D.N.C.’s human resources department"
Just beautiful. Perhaps they have planted the seeds for their own destruction. CC, JSM
“he threw his phone at the desk of a junior aide while upbraiding the person.”
Why would he even have a “junior aide?” Doesn’t he know how to use A.I.?
Isn't he a friend of yours?
Interesting that Minnesota's local media have apparently ignored this story since it reflects badly on the DFL (Democrat Party).
The Justice Department could charge vendors who agreed to that DNC delayed payment scheme with making illegal campaign contributions. That might not hold up in court, but then again it might, therefore they'd be forced to offer Republican candidates the same terms, which would put those vendors in danger of not being able to meet their payroll.
Having a preschooler's concept of economies has immediate and unpleasant consequences.
And yet, I read an article recently that dem candidates were out-raising repub candidates. The difference is individual candidates vs the parties?
One of the best things to happen in Trump’s second term is the elimination of most, if not all, of the USAID thievery. All of a sudden many leftwing people/entities are short of the cash that they used to swim in.
edit -- their payrolls. Heil Murray!
The Democrats are lucky. In spite of their ability to self destruct — Trump is doing everything in his power to hand them the midterms.
And yet, I read an article recently that dem candidates were out-raising repub candidates. The difference is individual candidates vs the parties?
I think the difference is in believing the propagandists or believing the accountants.
I thought the DNC should have chosen the WI guy with connection's to Ann. Oh well, D's will still have a dominant victory in the midterms, unfortunately.
"Trump is doing everything in his power to hand them the midterms."
IEE's foundational concept of Donald J. Trump includes the proposition that he's a total incompetent. Therefore, by IEE's feeble logic, Trump is doing exactly what he ought to do to win.
"Have you ever thrown anything as a way of expressing emotion?"
A kiss once almost but then I got a hold of myself.
Martin’s fraying nerves are showing. In a pique of frustration in early July, he threw his phone at the desk of a junior aide while upbraiding the person.
Das war ein Befehl! Der Angriff Steiners war ein Befehl!
Is it too soon for a "Downfall" version of a day at the DNC?
So strange that a political party - a political party - is unable to figure out how to be attractive to people and donors. Might they try reading the room: get on the 80 side of 80-20 issues, rebuke DSA, pass the SAVE Act, remove sanctuary protections, expose the fraud, etc.? Oh right, MAGA has those lanes…. Oh well.
Quaester may be right: postponing payments beyond the required reporting quarter might be counted as a campaign contribution and must then be reported. But then what? Withdraw it when paid? Or it may not count as a contribution. A lot of individual candidates in each Party do this, so maybe this is a good time to get clarification from the courts. I'm not sure how much voters care about this issue: they want to know which industries and people support each candidate, not who makes their signage. However, if the Parties or journalists are lying about how much money they have raised, that's important.
I'm from Minnesota and it's not surprising that this guy is floundering. Selling Donk bullshit in Minnesota is easy and he had no effective opposition - the MN Republican Party is a train wreck and all the news media in the state are completely in the tank for the DFL. Now that he has to deal with people who are either internal rivals or active opponents, he's ill-equipped to deal with the challenge. Just like Walz was.
How short are they? So short that the tallest order is a political short in therapeutic transition.
Another reason to thank Elon Musk for saving the country try.
“ Iman said...
One of the best things to happen in Trump’s second term is the elimination of most, if not all, of the USAID thievery. All of a sudden many leftwing people/entities are short of the cash that they used to swim in”
Sounds like a good thing for the doj to investigate.
“ The Justice Department could charge vendors who agreed to that DNC delayed payment scheme with making illegal campaign contributions. That might not hold up in court, but then again it might, therefore they'd be forced to offer Republican candidates the same terms, which would put those vendors in danger of not being able to meet their payroll.”
At least they haven't resorted to throwing shoes yet.
"Have you ever thrown anything as a way of expressing emotion? Even in a private, non-work environment? It's some kind of red flag, throwing things. Who does that?"
You are not a golfer, then?
Heck, if you closed up Act Blue, they'd be dead broke.
"At least they haven't resorted to throwing shoes yet."
Except for Sarah Jessica Parker. CC, JSM
While the NY Times reports on Democratic fundraising struggles, the top story at the Washington Post is lack of enthusiasm among Republicans.
"The 20 percent of Republican base voters the group sees this issue with does not take into account low-propensity conservative voters who tend to turn out in general election years to support Trump but skip other elections. Motivating those Trump voters is a separate issue Republicans face in November."
Plenty of party dissatisfaction to go around.
Who would have thought that Democrats were bad at managing money?
In that sense, Kamala isn’t unusual for a DEM.
Long ago, in my early 20s.. Had a pizza shop.. making a hoagie.. girlfiend beating my ear about something from across the kitchen.. Casually flung a slice of baked ham at her - Frisbee style. It rotated up 90 degrees at just the right time and hit her perfectly flat in the face (at least that's how I remember it). it was hilarious.. She didn't think so.. at all. It was interpreted by her as a fairly serious indicator of potential future physical abuse.
"Masking the severity" of a lack of funds sounds an awful lot like "committing fraud."
Asking vendors to hold off on sending bills - isn't that how Obama got his library built?
I have tossed my pickleball paddle at least twice in anger. I throw it flat like a frisbee so as not to destroy it. Controlled anger.
How bad must it be for Dems if the NYT is slagging them like this? And yet, we are told dems lead in every poll imaginable and are going to kick ass in November. So, somebody knows something that is not in the public polling.
"Who would have thought that Democrats were bad at managing money?"
Well, when you've been counting on being able to steal whatever you need...
Democrat candidates are awash in money. Doesn’t the Party sing the blues a couple of months before every ekection?
"Doesn’t the Party sing the blues a couple of months before every ekection?"
That's how they get Aunt Betsy to make a couple of thousand $5 donations through ActBlue.
Talarico is breaking records in fundraising, at least that's what the headlines say. I mean, it is a lot of money, but it seems a little less than Beto. And I'm thrilled to see Democrats pouring as much money into the lost cause that is Talarico as they did Beto. Every dollar they spend in Texas isn't being spent elsewhere, and that's great for Texas.
Has Ben Wikler ever thrown anything? Asking for a professor friend...
Every news story under heaven has a purpose. Perhaps in the world of the media throwing things means you are a manly man and whitie will vote for you.
Why would Democrats be poised for success in the midterms? Are Americans really hungry for millions more illegal alien criminals and psychotics pouring in through open borders, government-sanctioned tax theft totaling Trillions, and vicious communist-based social discord? Aside from braindead libtard assholes, who is champing at the bit to put anti-American scumbag Democrat Party members into positions of power?
Schaden meet Freude!
I have a friend who converted to Judaism 20 years ago. Her mother, very pro Israel, very pro borders, very pro military - nevertheless votes Democrat every single election. Hates Trump although I don’t think any other Republican would prompt her to vote Republican.
Does anybody else have the suspicion that they're being whipsawed? Day by day, we see stories about the Republicans having a massive war chest, nearly a billion dollars, and Democrats plaintive 'poor me' blues. And then we read stories about individual Democrat campaigners raking it in from out of state, while their Republican opponents are starved. Thinking of the Texas Senate campaign, here. Which one is accurate? How does the money move from the Republican war chest out to the candidates? Who decides?
All it would take would be a serious investigative piece putting it into perspective, but we're not getting that. It's the old whipsaw, softening us up for midterms, destroying beliefs one way, then the other.
They could tell us how effective the money laundering has been by comparing cashflows from Act Blue, 2018, 2020, 2022, 2024, compared to now. We know how bad it was, then, by all the thousands of small donations made in the name of clueless retired people. We know the estimates of illegal foreign donations. We know the DNC was behind it, masterminding. We know the diverted floods of cash from US A.I.D., too. But gosh, someone would have to look up numbers to write a story like that. I guess many of us suspect that raids on the federal coffers have been underwriting Democrat's skullduggery at least since the Obama days.
Trump went after money flows in his first term, and it looks like he learned a lot. He's doing a major cleanup on money flows this term. It looks like he got the right people on board. Maybe the biggest impact is going to be the lack of street money to buy votes, not just the commercials being aired in a blitzkreig over the last few pre-election days. And who knows what effect cleaning up the voting process and voter rolls will have?
The “OMG, the Dems are broke!” Is the standard boilerplate story the leftist media run before every election. Then they end up outspending Rs 3 to 1 by the time the election is over. If they really are short of funds, they’ll just open the illegal foreign donation spigot as needed.
That’s a funny story, Scott Patton! 😆
NYTs run these stories as a way to juice DNC fundraising .
"not to send bills until after the mid-terms"
Not operating on the accrual basis of accounting = not fairly presenting financial statements. I suppose this is the first time that Democrats have tried to misrepresent (=cheat) the facts of life.
@Quaestor: Trump by default is running the Democrat Party at this point. Every policy, every presser, every meltdown, pure reaction to his moves. The opposition party that can't oppose without his lead.
Here are a few examples:
• Immigration: Trump made the border the central issue for years. Democrats went from “abolish ICE” and sanctuary cities to suddenly declaring it a “serious problem” and rushing to the border for photo-ops the moment he started dominating the conversation again.
• Economy & Tariffs: Trump pushes tariffs and “America First” trade. Democrats who spent years calling them reckless and inflationary suddenly soften or copy the language when polls shift.
• Lawfare: Every time Trump gets indicted or targeted, Democrats cheer it as “defending democracy” — only to watch their own poll numbers tank and scramble to rebrand as moderates when the backlash hits.
• Woke cultural issues: Trump mocks the extremes (trans in sports, DEI overreach, etc.). Democrats race to dial it back or deny they ever supported the radical stuff they were championing just months earlier.
The opposition party that literally can't oppose without waiting for his next move. He's playing chess while they're stuck refreshing Truth Social for their next talking points.
DNC is short on cash. So still waiting on change.
"Have you ever thrown anything as a way of expressing emotion?"
--------------------------
I threw a fit once when I was about 4 yrs old. My mother promptly gave me something to cry about.
Hillary reported through a lamp at Bill in the WH.
“I need to be fucked more that twice a year!”
I kicked a box once to make my employees believe I was a lot more upset than I really was, but it was just theater - I wanted to make sure they'd never do that again.
"Democrats' candidate for Senator from..."
State and Main (2000).
Judging by who wrote it and directed it (David Mamet) a republican is going to win... for real that is, the movie is not about politics, so, I'm using my real imagination. If you will.
Btw. State and Main (2000) is now playing free on YouTube.
If they win, guess who pays the bills.
Not sending bills until after the election is a parody of not letting democratic voters pick the candidate of their choice.
I see nothing wrong with asking vendors for 120 day payment terms. Many of my clients, big Fortune 500 companies, have 90 days as standard terms. As a supplier, I can take it or leave it.
I see no reason the party could not do the same thing.
I think the illegality, maybe fraud, is not that they are getting the supplier to take extended terms but that they are letting them invoice until after the elections.
That keeps it off the books and out of the accounts payable/debits column and makes the party look like they owe less than they really do. THAT seems like fraud.
BTW: The 90s days is not as bad as it seems. My standard terms are 2% discount if paid in 10 day, net payment in 30. Most of these companies have what they call 'Dynamic Discounting" I submit my invoice electronically and I get a popup that says "We'll pay you in 24 hours for a 5% discount, click here" And I will have the money in my bank next day. Or, I can go back in a week and they will tell me "Want your money today? 4.5% discount" and so on with the discount shrinking until 90 days when they pay the whole thing.
I really like the system for giving me control over cash flow instead of having to call/email and beg for my money.
John Henry
Can't they just tax something that's not important to them, like authenticity?
I'm with Leland and a couple other folks. The party, the campaign committees, and the candidates are all different and to a certain degree non-fungible pots of money. It is perfectly possible the DNC to be near broke while Democrat candidates in the aggregate are setting fund raising records. As a couple of other folks noted this actually seems to be a recurring theme for the Democrats. It appears their donors are much more likely to give to give candidate based donations rather than generic ones.
I know it used to be pretty standard, and my business did it for years, until I asked: "Why are we cutting our income by 5% to get paid a few weeks early?" Waiting only cost a fraction of a percent in interest, and our account doesn't even pay interest. It's just lost money. If you need cash, borrowing it is far cheaper.
You only hear about the candidates that are setting records.
There are thousands of others.
Hillary and Kamala both far outspent Trump.
What Democrats are short on is not money. They only have one issue: Trump is evil, and that popsicle is melting fast. Now they are working on the "Republicans are the rich" bullshit. The real advantage for Democrats is an abundance of stupid voters with no knowledge of history or economics and a 5 minute memory. They're swimming in them, and the schools are spewing them out like widgets. Universities should be the ones getting busted for political contributions.
Don't delay the invoices. Extend the payment time. 180 days instead of 120. That way the invoice is in the record as a recievable. Understand that you probably won't get paid at all. They are Democrats after all. Not known for their honesty.
why would they Even Need, ANY money?
won't a Blue Wave (and creative vote counts) GUARANTEE LANDSLIDE Victory?
The media should be paying the Democrats to be able to run their ads..
shouldn't they? i thought it was going to a guaranteed victory?
won't it be?
It kind of sounds like the Democrats think they know where they can get **plenty** of money. If they can just win these mid-term elections ....
Meanwhile, Ben Wikler's new book came out last week. It's excellent. He's the guy Ken Martin beat to become chair of the DNC and the former chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
1:18
Other scum bags
This is totally no worries for the Democratic Party. The news media will just crank it up to 11.
Does Ben Wikler’s new book explain why Kamala lost Wisconsin?
Remember when Hilary stiffed her suppliers back in 2016?
Obama’s suppliers/ contractors for his concrete obelisk in Chi-Town haven’t been paid either. Kamala finished her ill-fated run for president in debt. What’s with these Dems?
Lem--I lived for 25 years at the corner of State and Main. My wife and I were considering seeing it just for the name.
What we heard was that the movie was not very good. We don't go to the movies very often (like almost never) so we didn't bother.
I did not know that it was Mamet. Maybe I'll watch it on YouTube. Thanks.
I take this as confirmation that the schism between the Old Guard and the DSA/hard core Progressive wings of the party. In other words, lefty extremists versus batsh*t crazy lefty extremists. Most people who are ready to give their money to the former do not want any of that money going to DSA candidates, and the shadowy billionaires who fund DSA candidates want no part of funding the campaigns of people who aren’t sufficiently extreme.
Hard to get big money donations from the rank-and-file socialistas.
What people are mostly missing here is that people who donate to democrats are corrupt pieces of shit that are purely transactional.
When the party was worth the investment the money flowed.
But the party has no power and people know it. The DSA is the only thing that matters now in democrat politics because they are the ones that control the mail in ballot fraud machinery.
The vendors for the Democrat party are likely to end up in the same situation as the contractors for the Obama Presidential Center in Chicago: Stiffed. People who like to deal with other people's money rather than their own are a poor credit risk.
I asked: "Have you ever thrown anything as a way of expressing emotion? Even in a private, non-work environment? It's some kind of red flag, throwing things. Who does that?"
Forgive me if you said this in jest. I didn't read the earlier post of yours and that's on me. But if you weren't being sarcastic, then as the interweb phrases it these days, tell me you've never worked a blue collar job without telling me you've never worked a blue collar job. Things, including hands, get thrown at each other from time to time.
Here in Iowa, a lot of Dem money being spent on TV ads for governor and Senate races. I think the gov race is in play, but I think Dems have no chance in Senate race. Still, seems like plenty of money flowing.
From hope and change to bills and change in one election cycle.
I had a boss throw a pencil at me on a Friday evening as he was yelling. I quit Monday morning. I had a boss throw a pager that wasn’t working properly. Not at me. He gestured for me to move aside, and he threw it against the wall. It landed on the floor and made dying, chirping noises. I can’t remember if I picked it up or if I just shook my head and went back to my desk.
Look at that Madge, they fell for it again... :)
First they took out Walz, now they're trying to drive out Martin. "They" of course being the establishment and MSM. The whole "lets appeal to the Midwest White Guys" gimmick is over.
Maybe they think they'll win in November, regardless. So, look for Martin to get replaced by a Big Donor favorite, no doubt a female, and/or a POC.
And while the DNC may be short of cash, that doesn't mean the big donors aren't pouring money into Super-pacs to help the D's.
As stated before, I've worked in offices where everyone yelled and thought nothing of it. You were supposed to yell right back. Pounding the table was optional.
Guys would yell and get upset over how to do the job the best way. Or at someone for screwing up. And then go golfing on Friday PM.
I don't remember anyone throwing something. That's sorta weird or girlish. But they did punch holes in the wall.
So it's not just Obama stiffing vendors and construction workers.
It's entirely possible and historically common for the DNC to run low on cash (or even carry debt) while Democratic candidates collectively shatter fundraising records. Donor behavior drives this pattern.
This isn't unique to Democrats (Republicans have had their own committee vs. candidate dynamics), but the intensity of candidate-centric enthusiasm on the left makes it a recurring theme.
This can be deceiving, because it just focuses on the National Democrat Party Committee in DC. I live in the small rural state of Iowa, and there are tens of millions of dollars pouring into our state from the Democrat Governors Association, the Democrat Legislative Committee, labor unions, and other Democrat Party PACs. I've lived in Iowa most of my life, and I have never seen such a huge input of millions and millions of dollars into our state by the Democrats. It has nothing to do with the financial woes of the National Democratic Party in DC.
Loanjustus putting lipstick on the Duroc… again.
You’re soaking in it, Dinky.
Who needs vendors? Size the means of production. Have the local government tax the crap out of the vendors. They'll come around.
Why throw something at the desk of the junior aide rather than at the aide? I'm assuming at means in the direction of, not while in the vicinity of. And what kind of phone are we talking about anyway?
The Democrats used to have telethons (1972-1975, 1983). Now they're just going to stiff their creditors. From Jimmy Carter to Barack Obama.
Amy Klobuchar threw phones and binders at staffers. It must be a "Minnesota nice" kind of thing. How does Ken Martin eat his salads?
Throwing something at the desk of an aide means throwing something at the aide. Either you didn't hit them in the head (intentionally or unintentionally) or reporters don't want to say that you hit them in the head. I'm also assuming it was some kind of i-phone, not the bulky desk model.
"Throwing something at the desk of an aide means throwing something at the aide."
Who the hell knows what "it means". If he'd thrown it at the aide, the hit piece would've said so. "at the desk" might mean he slammed his cellphone "on the desk".
Girls throw things. Men don't. Its a feminine way to express aggression. But then the guys a Democrat. So all bets are off.
No doubt the NYT's would've described him as "passionate" and a "Hard taskmaster" who was "Firery" and "wanted to win". If they'd liked him.
But they dont. So, he's a crazed, stressed, goober who throws cellphones "At desks". Is he an Anti-zionist? Could be the reason.
He's also been described as "Foul-mouthed" but his friends call that "earthy" and using "adult language".
I threw a whole pizza once, up in the air, I was so mad at my girlfriend. This was our dinner.
Another time, I got so mad at my girlfriend, she and another one of her girlfriends was in the car with me, I stopped the car and made them get out and walk home. Ooo, I was mad.
Later, I called her to apologize and when she picked up and said, "Hello?" I was speechless. Unable to say anything. So I just hung up. And she called me back. And I apologized like mad and she said it was funny.
That was first love for me. So much passion. Where did all that passion come from?
I also threw my sand wedge on a golf course one time.
At work, I got this lady lawyer from Oregon so mad, she threw a stapler at the wall next to my head. We were friends. So I was like, "You threw a stapler at my head." And she was like, "Oh my God." We were both surprised. I just have a way with the ladies. Also with golf.
David Hogg, the anti-gun woke kid from Florida, was in the DNC with the express intent of raising $20 million to primary Democrats around the country. This led to a https://www.politico.com/news/2025/06/08/martin-hogg-call-private-meeting-00393517">civil war in the DNC, and eventually Hogg was pushed out.
The woke nuts are doing all the fund-raising right now. For the incumbents, it's like Joe Biden trying to raise money for his library.
One of the things David Hogg did was found a company called Good Pillow, which was a woke company that made pillows. I think he was upset there was a Republican making pillows.
My take on this is that the kid discovered there was actual work involved in making pillows, and (oops) he did not have the time to do all that work.
Hogg was kicked out of the DNC because he was too male for the job, and they require gender diversity.
This is Hogg's PAC now, not sure how much money he raised for 2026. Mamdani was one of his. I don't recognize any of the other names.
Did Hillary Throw a Lam?
Clues: blood all over the White House bed, and Bill had to get stitches to the head.
"I ran into the bathroom door in the middle of the night," the President said.
The Secret Lives of Hillary and Bill in the White House.
lamp
Jaime Harrison was Joe Biden's man at the DNC from 2021 to 2024. So when he took power, Biden got a new person in charge of his party. This was all part of Biden wanting to run again in 2024, and choking off all opposition. Biden destroyed the DNC when he was in office.
Ken Martin has been pretty bad though. The autopsy is on life support
They never released the report, it was leaked to the media.
""I ran into the bathroom door in the middle of the night," the President said."
Hey at least he applied the same standard to himself that he applied to the women he abused. Put some ice on it, don't tell anyone what really happened. CC, JSM
The Democrats are kind of synonymous with money mismanagement, in California and elsewhere. Kamala had $1 billion dollars and she lost. So I suspect there are a lot of upper class people who don't want to write checks for the Dems right now.
Also, not to go RCOcean 2 on the Althouse blog, but I suspect a lot of charitable leftist Jews might be holding on to their money in this election cycle. So, the Dems are getting a lot of angry $10 gifts and not a lot of big checks from the donor class.
AIPAC halts fundraising for endorsed House Democrats
What's George Soros Up To?
“he threw his phone at the desk of a junior aide while upbraiding the person.”
Not his tempo.
I dropped my phone into my dog's water bowl one time. That was an accident. "Son of a bitch!" I said, not throwing my phone.
Bill Clinton: "Put some rice on that."
De facto head of the Democrats is Obama, setting the tone by stiffing the black contractors who worked on his Ego building and the party will follow his lead. TBF Kamala did the same thing last time and left the party deep in debt to her unpaid vendors after the 3rd loss to Trump.
AI is totally opposed to the wet cell phone in the rice bag trick. But the guy at the Apple store suggested it and he was right. So fuck you, AI!
It's my Scotch blood that keeps me from throwing my phone. "That's $1000," a little man in a kilt whispers in my ear.
That's when you take off your shoe and bang it on the table.
Commies might be bad economists, but they don't throw phones. Democrats are bad economists and they throw phones. It's like Democrats have money and they don't know how it happened.
"Democrats have money and they don't know how it happened." Well the prominent DSA types have Mommy money, so that's nice.
Alexander said...
I asked: "Have you ever thrown anything as a way of expressing emotion? Even in a private, non-work environment? It's some kind of red flag, throwing things. Who does that?"
When I was a kid I used to help my dad fix stuff. Once I got frustrated and threw something. He explained to me that it was silly to get mad at inanimate objects. What you're frustrated with is your inability to figure out the problem. Calm down and think it through.
"I dropped my phone into my dog's water bowl one time. That was an accident. "Son of a bitch!" I said, not throwing my phone."
Your dog: "Well, yeah. What about it?"
Jeff Childers says that Wikler is the national Dems guy and Martin is the state Dems guy, and the nationals are forcing Martin out.
This would explain the NYT hit pieces, the 500K copies of Wikler's book that were "sold," (who would buy a book by the former head of the Wisconsin Democrats?), and total strangers dropping in to tell us all what a great book it is.
(BTW Blogger seems to be moving people's posts around from one thread to another, even after they are correctly posted initially).
Jupiter said...
"Isn't he a friend of yours?"
Sorry, I had him confused with Ben Wikler. I thought they selected Wikler, I guess not.
కామెంట్ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.