19 సెప్టెంబర్, 2026

"A transcript leaked to The Guardian ­revealed that he had called [a 'Britain's Got Talent' contestant] a 'c***' and said about another 'she thinks you want to f*** her, but you don’t.'"

From "HarperCollins severs all ties with David Walliams/The publisher said it would no longer represent the author and Little Britain star’s back catalogue after allegations that he had harassed female staff members" (London Times).
According to the industry magazine The Bookseller, which first reported the decision, Walliams’s titles will gradually be phased out from bookshops and e-book stores. It is not known whether the rights to his work have reverted to Walliams with the opportunity for them to be picked up by another publisher....

"HarperCollins takes employee wellbeing extremely seriously...."

The highest rated comment: "If we're going on the principle that authors have to be nice people, then that rules out Virginia Woolf, Evelyn Waugh, Mario Vargas Llosa. Has Harper Collins really thought this through? Nobody is forced to buy or read books by Walliams or any of these more substantial but no doubt unpleasant authors."

ADDED: I'd never heard of him, but I see, at Wikipedia, that his books are children's books:

"Walliams began writing children's novels in 2008 after securing a contract with the publisher HarperCollins. His books have been translated into 53 languages, and he has been described as 'the fastest-growing children's author in the UK", with a literary style compared to that of Roald Dahl."

Looking for his work at Amazon, I'm only seeing books translated out of English.

By the way, I don't think Roald Dahl was a very nice person.

Oh, here's a 2017 article at Literary Hub: "When Roald Dahl's Editor Decided He Was Too Much of a Prick To Publish."

Excerpt: "The anti-Semitic thing was real, by the way; in a 1983 interview, Dahl said, 'there’s a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity . . . I mean there is always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere; even a stinker like Hitler didn’t just pick on them for no reason.' Woof."

At first, I thought I saw "Woolf," because that commenter above said Virginia Woolf wasn't a nice person. But the last word there is "Woof."

Anyway:

According to Jeremy Treglown’s biography of Dahl, in 1980 the writer sent a letter to [Knopf editor-in-chief Robert Gottlieb] to tell him that he was running out of pencils (Dixon Ticonderoga, 1388–2-5/10 Medium), and requesting that  Gottlieb have someone “competent and ravishing” send a packet of six dozen his way. Gottlieb thought he was joking and ignored him. Three months later, Dahl wrote again, and finally Gottlieb’s assistant wrote back, sending the closest thing she could find. These, apparently, were not sufficient, and in addition to the pencils, Dahl had a slew of other complaints and demands. He wrote again, threatening to take his books elsewhere. Gottlieb responded.... 'Your threat to leave Knopf after this current contract is fulfilled leaves us far from intimidated.... I’ve worked hard for you editorially but had already decided to stop doing so; indeed, you’ve managed to make the entire experience of publishing you unappealing for all of us... [U]nless you start acting civilly to us, there is no possibility of our agreeing to continue to publish you.'"

Dahl did leave Knopf after that. He went to the almost-as-pretigious Farrar, Straus and Giroux and continued publishing — "The BFG," "The Witches," "Matilda," etc.

Unlike with Walliams and Harper Collins, Knopf continued to print and ship the Dahl books it had already published.

70 కామెంట్‌లు:

chickelit చెప్పారు...

Let me guess without reading the supporting docs--it's the childless scolds at work again. The Clancy-fanciers. .

Achilles చెప్పారు...

The big publishers like HarperCollins are just part of the line the beautiful people have created to keep themselves in positions of unearned status.

Ice Nine చెప్పారు...

Would it matter if what he said about the two women is true?

(I think I know the answer...)

Bob Boyd చెప్పారు...

I thought cancelling was going out of style, but I guess not.

If a female writer called a male staffer a prick or even a c*** or if she said, 'he thinks you want to f*** him, but you don't', would that writer be cancelled? Of course not.
The guy would be ridiculed for complaining about it and probably would lose his job and be blacklisted in the business.

rhhardin చెప్పారు...

Evidently she was in fact a cunt.

john mosby చెప్పారు...

"requesting that Gottlieb have someone “competent and ravishing” send a packet of six dozen his way."

Competent and Ravishing would be THE best masthead motto. Cc, JSM

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Yeah, Dahl was such an "anti-Semite". What that means is Dahl wasnt sufficiently pro-Jewish, so his Jewish publisher invoked Jewish privilege and cancelled him. You know who else was an "anti-semite"? Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Faulkner, Kerouac, James Jones, Waugh, Dickens, Tolstoy, Thackeray, etc. etc. etc.

Basically, some professor or whoever has combed through every authors private papers and tried to find "antisemitism".

rhhardin చెప్పారు...

Nobody seems inclined to marvel at the performance of the word. Google finds a positive performance in feminism

To be described as "serving cunt" means someone is displaying bold, striking, and powerful style or attitude.

Jamie చెప్పారు...

Didn't AOC more or less say this? I mean, I know she used the the euphemism "date."

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Imagine a Gentile publisher cancelling a Jewish author for being "Anti-Christian" - its unheard of. And if they did, we'd never hear the end of it.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

It's not envy, and it's not greed, but it is a deadly sin to believe that if I don't want it, nobody should get it.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Dahl had good reason to be upset at his publisher. its amazing how many authors got mistreated by their publishers, its not as bad as the Music industry but its pretty amazing. I finished a biography of Kerouac and his publisher was always trying to interfere and "Guide" and "edit" what he wanted to write about.

When you're a great author, you just need a publisher who'll sell your books. You don't need a "Coach" or a "Co-author". Its all coming from you and its not shocking that most great authors are egotistical, even egotistical assholes.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

Nothing needs more protection and coddling than powerful and fierce women.

Lazarus చెప్పారు...

When I saw the headline, I thought this was going to be about Simon Cowell. Indeed, I was hoping it was about him, instead of about somebody I never heard of.

Dahl went quite far in his Jew-hatred. Virginia Woolf was a snob, but she was also cuckoo. As for bigotry, look who she married. She didn't like her in-laws, but maybe they didn't like her either. What Vargas Llosa did wrong, besides turning rightwards politically, I don't know.

Howard చెప్పారు...

He's probably calling himself a c_nt now.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Of course, if you're a mediocre author you need all the help you can get. Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley was more or less written by his editor and co-writer. His other two books even more so.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

There is zero possibility that this would happen if the insulted people were men. Adam Corolla made the point the other day that these people constantly demanding things don't really want what they say they do. Today's example is equality.

n.n చెప్పారు...

SNL: sexual harassment and you

The more you know.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Dahl was a fighter pilot in WW2 and did more to fight Hitler than all his publishers put together. I don't cry because they weren't treated with the "proper respect". LOL.

Bellow won the nobel prize, but before that, was alway bellyaching that he wasn't more popular due to "Anti-semitism" and complained that TS Eliot was getting too much attention.

Money Manger చెప్పారు...

I think the C-word is more commonly used, and less shocking in the UK than in the US.

Lazarus చెప్పారు...

I listened to Bradley's "The Imperial Cruise: A Secret History of Empire and War." What an unholy mess of a book. Roosevelt blamed for WWII, sure, but in Bradley's book it's Theodore Roosevelt.

Leland చెప్పారు...

Triggernometry was born in the UK for a reason. Alas, you can say and do far worse things there if you are trans or a migrant, but don’t dare be a native born and fly a Union Jack.🇬🇧

loudogblog చెప్పారు...

This is the old, can you separate the art from the artist, debate again.

Personally, it depends on the situation. Bing Crosby was a horrible husband and father, but I like his movies. Harlan Ellison was a complete asshole, but I really like his stories. Woody Allen is "problematic," but I actually enjoy his films, particularly the early funny ones. Stephen Collins...that's a bridge too far. I can't watch Star Trek, The Motion Picture anymore because of him. But I wouldn't ban any of these things because of the personal life of someone who worked on them. I think that should be a personal choice.

Plus, this also borders the issue of virtue signaling. I actually scored a really, nice, box set of all the Harry Potter films because a friend of mine didn't like what J. K. Rowling had started saying about trans issues.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Gender disparities. Sexual revolution! A liberal license to [unrequited] lust... all's fair? Abort, sequester, and progress no more.

loudogblog చెప్పారు...

Money Manger said...
"I think the C-word is more commonly used, and less shocking in the UK than in the US."

I used to work with a guy from England and he used to throw the C-word around all the time in a very casual way. He would use that word the way that we would use "asshole" or "dick."

Smilin' Jack చెప్పారు...

“I think the C-word is more commonly used, and less shocking in the UK than in the US.”

In Irvin Welsh’s books, set in Scotland, it’s pretty much every other word in the dialogue.

Smilin' Jack చెప్పారు...

I’m sure MLK is still untouchable. Fortunately for publishers Cesar Chavez wasn’t much of a writer.

John henry చెప్పారు...

I only use pens to take notes in black and edit in red and not that much of that but I am finnicky about my pens (pilot v5 retractable) and never feel quite right with anything else.

Doal is a professional writer and probably quirky about how he works.

I can't conceive why his editor would not bend over backwards to satisfy those quirks stupid, stupid person

I was born in ticonderoga where the graphite for the pencils was refined.

I grew up 10 miles south in Hague where the graphite

John Henry

John henry చెప్పారు...

Is it being a pick to call someone a c*nt? Dos it matter if the c*nt is male or female?

Why is prick OK, if slightly vulgar in many contexts but c*nt is NEVER OK?

John Henry

John henry చెప్పారు...

Henry millers famous book and movie "Quiet days in clichy" movie begins with

"yes it was a period when c*nt was in the air"

Then in case you missed it, a shot of the eiffel tower with the word floating past.

https://youtu.be/PpEjcYida1I?is=uCC275aAF1Sm1pVt

I just learned today Tha country joe McDonald wrote & sangthe title song for the movie

John Henry

MadisonMan చెప్పారు...

I wonder who leaked the transcript.

Not an oldster. చెప్పారు...

But did he grow up poor, ann??? Lol

Achilles చెప్పారు...

Excerpt: "The anti-Semitic thing was real, by the way; in a 1983 interview, Dahl said, 'there’s a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity . . . I mean there is always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere; even a stinker like Hitler didn’t just pick on them for no reason.' Woof."

hmm...

Excerpt: "The misandrist thing was real, by the way; in a 1983 interview, said, 'there’s a trait in the while male character that does provoke animosity . . . I mean there is always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere; even a stinker like didn’t just pick on them for no reason.' Woof."

What am I missing here?

Not an oldster. చెప్పారు...

For the same reason you can call someone a spic today but not a n*gger, john henry... critical mass. Now put a sock in it, pussy

Achilles చెప్పారు...

Am I missing the splooge stooges?

john mosby చెప్పారు...

The whole point of Little Britain was to be transgressive AF. They did blackface and weird crossdressing prosthetic nudity, ffs! You pay a guy buckets of quid for coming up with the most offensive stuff possible, and then you're surprised when sometimes he's offensive in real life? Pull the other one....CC, JSM

William చెప్పారు...

Civilization is a work in progress. We are all of us, even the best of us, speckled with savagery.......Yeah Dahl and T.S. Eliot were anti-Semitic. I would suggest Jewish readers approach that subject with the same forbearance that they would grant to Jefferson and his racism. I would think that up to fairly recently the majority of Europeans were racist and anti-Semitic. I would ask third world critics approach such defects with the same forbearance that they would grant to the misogyny of MLK or Gandhi........I'm pretty sure that in one hundred years our descendants will look upon some of our most sacred values with utter disgust.........

Interested Bystander చెప్పారు...

Once again historical characters are being judged by modern leftist sensibilities. 100 years ago most all upper class WASP Americans were anti-Semitic and racist toward anyone who wasn’t a. WASP. If the Left has its way every writer from the past will be cancelled and only current crop of well-indoctrinated socialists will be published.

William చెప్పారు...

I'm mostly Irish Catholic. During the 18th century in London, the chairmen--the guys who carried around people in chairs on poles--were mostly Irish Catholic. The Gordon Riots in London were directed against Irish Cathoilcs. The chairmen had their chairs destroyed by the mob and they were beaten to death with he staves. During the Draft Riots in NYC during the Civil War, the rioters were mostly Irish Catholic and they burned down Negro orphanages. Past discrimination doesn't make people better. The Jews of the Pale were subject to pogroms and the most savage kind of discrimination. Their children and grandchildren went on to manage and administer the collectivization process with tremendous enthusiasm......The reason why England conquered Scotland is because Scotland didn't conquer England. Shit happens, and no one is the better because of it.

FullMoon చెప్పారు...

British tv uses the W word often

Mary Beth చెప్పారు...

I had seen him a few times on "Big Fat Quiz of the Year", so I knew he was well known in the UK, but I didn't know what he was famous for. Now that I've read his Wikipedia entry, I'm surprised he didn't get cancelled sooner.

The complaints about his comments and behavior go back years. My guess is that there is something new that isn't being talked about that is the reason this is making news now and the old behavior is just an excuse.

Ampersand చెప్పారు...

In our world, our thoughts are only communicated by speech or writing. Now imagine a world in which all of our thoughts were perceptible to others. The quoted "offensive" words of Mr. Williams would be so common as to be a non-event. The real issue here is bad manners. Everyone has offensive thoughts from time to time.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

Okay, so he was on a show, Britain's Got Talent, where he was a judge with Simon Cowell for 10 years. Four years ago, somebody leaked a tape to The Telegraph from one of the shows where he was a judge.

That incident happened two years before it was leaked to The Telegraph.

In other words, all this happened six years ago. He jokingly called one of the male contestants a "c***." That's because in the UK and Australia, the c-word is an insult for men. It's like calling somebody a "pussy" in the USA. That's rude behavior, but it's not a crime. It's not even a tort. To my mind, it's not even newsworthy. An insult! In the UK!

Anyway, at the same time, six years ago, he also had a secret rude comment that he made about one of the ladies. "She thinks you want to fuck her, but you don't." I feel like if a woman said something similar about a man ("He thinks you want to fuck him, but you don't") there would be wild cheers and a feminist parade, with everybody in pink T-shirts.

Anyway, he's a comedian, he says rude things. Okay. I don't watch these shows, but that's probably why they hired him. They didn't fire him for the rude comments, by the way. Two years later, after the comments were leaded to The Telegraph, then they cut ties.

This new allegation is super-quiet. Like, we have zero information. Judgments have been made. But we have very little facts.

In December 2025, The Daily Telegraph reported that Walliams was the subject of an internal investigation the previous year regarding his alleged behavior towards junior female HarperCollins employees.

The newspaper reported that Walliams was accused of harassing the young women, with one staffer receiving a “five-figure payoff” after raising concerns. Former HarperCollins employees alleged that they were told to work with Walliams, 54, in “pairs” and were advised not to visit his home.

In a statement to The Telegraph, his spokesperson said: “David has never been informed of any allegations raised against him by HarperCollins. He was not party to any investigation or given any opportunity to answer questions. David strongly denies that he has behaved inappropriately and is taking legal advice.”


Maybe he had sex with somebody? Hard to say. Feminist corporations are like feminist universities. You want to avoid sex while you're anywhere near them.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

I got that stuff from Deadline.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

These things are leaked to the press, like these are government operatives or something. He said a rude comment on the TV show. Not a crime, not a tort. He wasn't fired. Two years later, it's leaked to the press. And then he's fired. Somebody at work didn't like him, and took him out. He wasn't fired for what he did. They already knew what he did. He was fired because the leak made them look bad.

Similarly, his alleged actions at HarperCollins happened in 2024. The Telegraph ran the story one year later.

That's when they cut ties. Not because of what he did. Because it was in the newspaper and it made them look bad.

In 2019 it was estimated he and his publisher sold $100 million worth of books."

You'd think a TV show and a book publisher might be motivated by art, or commerce. No. "We want to look good and he makes us look bad." So $100 million is out the window. For some non-crime that cost them a few thousand dollars. Wow.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

Feminism is a brutal ideology that has aborted 60 million unwanted babies, in our country alone. Whatever damage men have suffered in this war between the sexes, believe me when I say that the babies have had it a lot worse.

chickelit చెప్పారు...

I grew up around newspapers—my father worked for both the Cap Times and the State Journal. I applaud the industry wide deserved decline. It is self-inflicted.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

What is the W word? Wanker?

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Saint Croix 3:32.
hmmm. yeah. The press kills again.

Dude1394 చెప్పారు...

Men...don't do that, women... no problem

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

The dark side of Roald Dahl

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

I hate the fucking word anti-semitism. Because as the Rabbi said its a "fungible" word. And by "Fungible" he means an ever changing weapon to be used to beat anyone a Jew doesn't like into submission. Hitler was an antisemite. And Robert dahl who fought against Hitler and said some rude words about some Jews is also an "anti-semite".

You have label that is so broad its meaningless. Its only true meaning is some Jew who uses it, doesn't like somebody. Jews even call Jews who don't support Israel enough "anti-semites" Can everybody else wise up? And get their heads out of their ass and look at the real world as it exists in 2026?
Guess not.

I don't care that some Gentile years ago said a few rude words about Jews. Nor do I care that some Jew said a few rude words about Gentiles. And I dont think anyone else does either. Its all performance and fakery. At least for smart people.

boatbuilder చెప్పారు...

Apparently the c-word is not nearly as offensive to the Brits as it is over here. They throw it around like we do the f-bomb and the s-word.

FullMoon చెప్పారు...

"Saint Croix said...
What is the W word? Wanker?"

Lol, yep, translation "jerk-off, masturbator. More frequently used by women.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Yes, the brits love to say "Sod off" and "you C-word". In many ways, they are less prudish then Americans. People think their use of the curse "Bloody" - is cute. Do they understand what it means?

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

I was just watching a video attacking some brit called "Robinson" who's considered a Rightwinger in England. Anyway this guy a working class bloke and we hear recordings where every other word is "F-this" "C-that" and "Sod off".

Funny when i've been in london and walked around i never hear one curse word. But i've been in NYC and you cant walk 10 steps without hearing someone talking about "that fucking guy" or "Dont shit me" etc.

boatbuilder చెప్పారు...

I don't think that the word "anti-semite" quite covers it, RC. You are an inveterate and determined hater of any and all Jews and anything which might inure to the possible credit or benefit of Jewish people. And you are very sensitive about it, discovering offenses to your sensibilities in matters for which the Jewish connection is remote, tenuous, or irrelevant.
Give it a rest.

john mosby చెప్పారు...

On the subject of the C word and nazism, the words of Mr Sumner:

Billy's joined the National Front,
He always was a little runt,
He's got his hand in the air with the other c**ts,
You got to humanize yourself.

CC, JSM

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

I suggest anyone who inclined to dislike Jews based on some of their group exhibiting arrogance or Jewish supremacy go watch some video of Mike Huckabee. This super-christian is so over-the-top in his love for Jews, Israel, and anything they do, including Genocide in Gaze, that it makes the ADL"s or Rabbi Schoomleys attitude understandable.

Why show any restraint or good manners when the members of the group you're attacking want to worship you - and not God?

Craig Mc చెప్పారు...

Some people are c***s, and you're doing them a favour by pointing it out to them. Also, every man on the planet has met a woman who assumes you want to f**k them just because you said "hello".

Harper-Collins is owned by News Corp, and whatever their sensitivity to rudeness, they contribute quite a bit of profit to the parent. Sometimes people are waiting for an excuse to cut their losses. Maybe Walliams' books weren't selling.

Oh well, back to Little Britain then!

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Seriously, some of these Christian Zionists make you want to become a pagan or convert to Islam. At least the pagans are honest, and the Muslims seem to sincerely believe what they profess to believe. But with people like the Huckster and the other Christian Zionists, why do they even pretend to be Christians? Why not just clearly state "Hey we dont believe in Jesus Christ. We believe the Pharisses (sic) were right. And we somehow believe God will allow us into heaven - even though we're not Jews. Cause, reasons".

Personally I think Huckabee believes in $$ and power. And never did believe in Jesus Christ.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

RCOcean II

You don't have to hate the Jews to be a Christian. Quite the opposite. You would know that if you knew my rabbi, Jesus.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Christians don't hate anyone. They believe in "Love thy Neighbor" and anyone Jew or Gentile, Greek or Roman, can be one in Christ. He is the way, the truth, and the light.

But he doesn't believe in an "eye for an eye" or in racial supremacy. Or that God has chose anyone.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

RCOCEAN II said...
"Seriously, some of these Christian Zionists make you want to become a pagan or convert to Islam."

F YOU RC Cola.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Tell us about Oct 7th, RC Ocean II

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Many So-called Palestinians are just assholes. Eternal assholes.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

X
Ahmed Fouad Alkhatib

"A friend of mine from Gaza shared a video of Hamas attacking a defenseless Israeli father in Sderot on October 7, trying to shield his baby daughter from danger, asking if whoever killed that man protecting his child hopes to somehow “enter heaven” afterward. It didn’t take long for the post to go viral and attract the rage and ire of the Jihadi and pro-Hamas voices in the “pro-Palestine” movement, particularly among Palestinians, Arabs, and Muslims in Western diaspora communities. These are the same people who will tell you that they are “not pro-Hamas,” but are pro-the Palestinian people, even though every ounce of their existence, activism, rhetoric, and being is about supporting antisemitic violence against Jews, regardless of how innocent they are. For many, they claim to care about Palestinian and Gazan voices until those voices offer uncomfortable and inconvenient perspectives. A disgusting shame!"

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

I like this guy. He understands the reality of the situation. Hamas is pure evil. Fat rich - and they don't want a civilized society. hating Jews is all they care about. Like Our pal RC Cola.

Balfegor చెప్పారు...

Waugh was like a sitcom villain in his petty wickedness. His son Auberon told of an incident where the family had some bananas -- hard to obtain due to rationing -- and the children were looking forward to an exotic treat. But Waugh apparently took the bananas and ate every single one of them before his childrens' eyes, leaving nothing for them. A great author, but a terrible man.

Michael McNeil చెప్పారు...

**The reason why England conquered Scotland is because Scotland didn't conquer England.**

Hardly. England *failed* to conquer Scotland (see *Brave Heart*). England acquired Scotland by the expedient of tossing out the English ruling dynasty (the Tudors, ending in childless Elizabeth), thereupon granting the English throne (back when it meant something, power-wise) to the Scottish Stuarts.

కామెంట్‌ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.