5 అక్టోబర్, 2026

"Recently, Liam and his wife accompanied the boys’ Little League team to a Major League Baseball game... and the team got rowdy and disruptive during the game."

"'Not violent, but that loud posturing, trying to assert dominance, that kids do,' Liam explains. 'The boys were in a group initiation to see how far they could push things. The coach wasn’t doing anything to stop it. Without boundaries, without anyone stepping up, it would have devolved.' Liam and his wife warned their sons that they needed to calm down, but they couldn’t control the whole group. 'On the way home, my wife asked the kids if they knew what hazing was,' says Liam. 'So we talked about that.'... [He] recalls that when he was applying to colleges, his parents had made a deal with him: They would pay his tuition in full on the condition that he not join a frat. 'My dad framed it as that whole culture was outside of the values I’d been raised with,' he says."

From an article in The Cut that has an unfortunate title: "What Are Fathers Telling Their Sons About Cornell?"

Are fathers supposed to talk about gang rape to little boys?! The photograph shows a man with 2 boys who look like they might be 3 and 4 years old. I'm seeing mockery on line.

But the article is making a good point that I think everyone basically agrees with: Parents should teach their children, from the earliest age, to respect others and not to be selfish monsters. The exact forms of monstrous behavior are not detailed. You don't tell the story of the Cornell orgy/rape. You read "Where the Wild Things Are" — things like that — and talk about what's going on there.

I prefer high-quality children's literature, but there are some really on-the-nose books that some people might choose: "C is for Consent," "Don’t Touch My Hair!," "Hands Off, Harry!" The list goes on and on:

97 కామెంట్‌లు:

Aggie చెప్పారు...

All helpfully framed in a feminist-based, we-must-all-be-peaceful-and-cooperative theme, guaranteed to help you emasculate your young male starting as early as possible. You go, Liam. You go, girl.

'The Cut', huh? Death Cult.

rhhardin చెప్పారు...

"So many children have come to me and said, "What shall I tell my parents about sex?"" - Is Sex Necessary chapter VI, Thurber

Dave Begley చెప్పారు...

On a big campus, the Greek system can be valuable. It can be a fun and social thing. It was for me. I was in Delta Upsilon at Creighton. It got closed when a guy got drunk, fell off the back porch and died.

The Greek system is way bigger at UNL and, of course, the SEC schools.

I don't think Creighton has any frats any more. They've all been run off for stupid things.

Don't know exactly what happened at Cornell, but it could have happened in the dorms.

Bob Boyd చెప్పారు...

I blame 'Animal House'

rcommal చెప్పారు...

[start virtual italics]All helpfully framed in a feminist-based, we-must-all-be-peaceful-and-cooperative theme, guaranteed to help you emasculate your young male starting as early as possible. You go, Liam. You go, girl.[end virtual italics]

Oh, c'mon now. Surely you recognize a middle ground, right?

Bob Boyd చెప్పారు...

Fraternities are the least of our problems at colleges and universities in this country.

Oh Yea చెప్పారు...

Dave Begley said...
".... Don't know exactly what happened at Cornell, but it could have happened in the dorms."

In my experience, I heard of that or similar behavior by the HS Football team or college band initiations.

Leland చెప్పారు...

Teach your daughter not to snort ketamine, whether on a penis or not.

rcommal చెప్పారు...

That headline really is lousy. The article itself has some quite thoughtful discussion.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Men- you are all rapists until we say so.

10 drinks later, wander into a group of horny young men.
yes - as a woman - you are free to snort as much ketamine as you want. If you tease the men - you can decide years later that was a mistake.

Dogma and Pony Show చెప్పారు...

It's still not clear to me why I should care about this Cornell story.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Perhaps we need drunken /drugged out prick-tease laws. ?

gspencer చెప్పారు...

The most popular fraternity on my campus was Felta Beta Thigh.

D.D. Driver చెప్పారు...

I teach my kids that they don't want to be at the party where a fight breaks out even if they aren't involved and similarly if there is a sexual assault at a party they do not even want to be anywhere in the house to make themselves a potential witness.

I try to teach them situational awareness and knowing when to get lost if things get too drunken and stupid.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Not excusing bad male behavior.
At college age - the hormones are fever pitch at equal levels for both sexes. Yeah - be nice if proper parenting could guide a behavior pattern that would sit on your shoulder and whisper - *it might be cool, but don't engage. Resist the temptations. Concentrate on the big picture. These are not the women you want to doodle*

Wilbur చెప్పారు...

About 60 years ago I had a friend who, unlike me, enjoyed the Cub Scouts. He joined the Boy Scouts and on their first camping outing (or whatever it was called) was subjected to serious hazing, so degredating that, as he described them to me, would have constituted criminal acts against him. And this was all with the knowledge and approval of the adults in charge.
The point is that hazing can happen anywhere. I've never liked it; it's unnecessary and creepy at best.

Kirk Parker చెప్పారు...

> Surely you recognize a middle ground, right?

Indeed. That's why we know this isn't it.

Texasyankee చెప్పారు...

Mothers need to tell their daughters not to get drunk, use drugs and go to a guys room at 2 am.

IamDevo చెప్పారు...

Just spitballin' here, but you know, taking your children to church and reading them Bible stories at bedtime might just be a good idea. Kind of like, "train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Come to think of it, reading the Narnia series, LOTR and Pilgrim's Progress wouldn't hurt either.

baghdadbob చెప్పారు...

I was VP, then President of my Frat immediately after Animal House came out, and toga parties, yes, partying like it's 1979, yes, but we respected the coeds who came to our parties, and if our advances were rejected, we moved on. Some of the fondest memories of my life. Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Earnest Prole చెప్పారు...

Fraternities are a mechanism that makes smart men stupid.

Dave Begley చెప్పారు...

DU prohibited hazing. It was founded on no hazing. That's why I joined. Also, the highest house GPA on campus.

rcommal చెప్పారు...

I guess I don't understand why we'd let guys morally off the hook for a more-than-one on one situation, quite aside from issues of rape etc. We can criticize women for putting themselves in danger and failing to embrace their own agency, and I do (I'm definitely with Paglia on this one, always have been). However, we can at the same time firmly call out men seeking out "trains" and whatnot. It's gross, it's immoral, and it can so easily tip into criminality.

Yes, the girl was drunk and on drugs. But so were they! Goose, gander, folks. They were all stupid, and gross, and immoral, and some might have been criminal. We'll have to see. There's plenty of condemnation to go around.

Would you want your daughter to end up with a guy who, at some point in his life, participated in this behavior, criminal or not? I sure as hell wouldn't have, if I had a daughter. And I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted my son, now 26-1/2, to have done any such thing, ever, for any reason, whatsoever. I would have expected the same wisdom in behavior of a daughter, too.

I don't understand why this should be framed as a Men Versus Women issue. It's just horrible, stupid behavior all the way around, criminal or not. Why can't we just say this? And repeatedly, so that young people have a better sense of hard, firm, bright lines, period.

rcommal చెప్పారు...

Also, had my son been in that situation, even if he didn't participate, but neither moved to stop it or called for a responsible adult, I would absolutely have condemned it. Full stop. That would be wrong. Period. If he didn't know that, I would take that responsibility on me, a glaring failed parent in that particular area.

He sees something criminal or potentially criminal going on? I expect him to call authorities, if it's a situation he can't have impact on by stepping in himself. Period. I would expect that of a daughter, too.

Leland చెప్పారు...

“Until” peachy? I think you mean “when”.

Eva Marie చెప్పారు...

“It's just horrible, stupid behavior all the way around, criminal or not. Why can't we just say this?”
The men are facing criminal charges. Huge legal fees already, I’m sure. Calling their behavior reprehensible, yes. Charging them, even threatening them with legal action - no.

n.n చెప్పారు...
ఈ కామెంట్‌ను రచయిత తీసివేశారు.
n.n చెప్పారు...

Social liberal club.

#NoJudgment #NoLabels #AllsFairInLustAndAbortion

Vive la revolution!

Maybe, baby. Baby, maybe, not.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Can they abort the fetus, cannibalize her profitable parts, sequester her carbon pollutants, and have their baby, too? A wicked solution.

Progressives are playing with a double-edged scalpel.

tolkein చెప్పారు...

Excellent article by Kurt Schlichter.
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2026/10/05/the-lessons-and-the-lies-of-the-gross-cornell-scandal-n2684081
Whatever the truth, and even if the boys are acquitted, the boys involved should not have taken part in degrading the girl, whether or not she was willing. They degraded themselves, as well as the girl

WK చెప్పారు...

Dave B. I was a DU at Ohio University. Similar experience that I de-pledged a different fraternity and joined DU due to no hazing policy. Not a majority but significant percentage of members were engineering and hard science majors. The hazing aspects are not limited to college/universities as we have a local high school girls soccer team being accused of hazing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/what-we-know-about-olentangy-orange-girls-soccer-hazing-allegations/ar-AA2dn6pr

imTay చెప్పారు...

I understand what you are saying, but this is also a good recipe to create sons who end up 30 year old virgins. Everything goes too far and reactions often become overreactions. Teaching boys to never touch a girl's hair? You don't use blunt instruments when you are talking about fine lines.

n.n చెప్పారు...
ఈ కామెంట్‌ను రచయిత తీసివేశారు.
n.n చెప్పారు...

Toxic masculinism and feral feminism are first-order forcings of catastrophic anthropogenic climate change, a confluence of Diversity: class-disordered ideologies and privilege. Abort.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Planned Parenthood could host Planned Fuckhood and abort two "burdens" with one scalpel and vacuum.

Sebastian చెప్పారు...

"Are fathers supposed to talk about gang rape to little boys?" Not to little boys. But to a little older boys, maybe. "Look, son, don't get drunk, don't do drugs, only have sex in the context of a mutually respectful, committed relationship. Watch out for any situation where a woman's regret can come back to harm you. Don't count on the law or fair procedures: universities will come after you, and Dem AGs will prejudge your case. Never underestimate the left: if it serves their symbolic politics, they will happily persecute you, by any means necessary."

Mike (MJB Wolf) చెప్పారు...

Tell your children that due process is absent when cases are tried in the media, which happens whenever progressive freaks like Letty James and Kathy Hochul stick their bony ringers into the fray and on the scales of Justice.

NKP చెప్పారు...

I was in a frat. Kind of a civilizing experience. Forced guys to get to know ALL their neighbors, cooperate with them, understand and even like some they’d never pay attention to, otherwise.

We ate lunch and dinner together - and wore jacket ant tie to dinner. And took turns escorting the House Mother to dinner.
Among the Greeks, we were notable as the wild bunch. More than a few varsity.athletes, bands, babes and booze in the basement on weekends. Women not allowed above ground floor. Every member was assigned a part of the house to maintain and make sparkle.

Freshmen who ignored the “code” got paddled and shamed.

One of us was student body president, one of us edited the campus newspaper, one of us became the head of tribal government for the huge Indian Reservation that produced him and one of us became president of the university’s alumni association. We became doctors and lawyers and such, business owners, engineers, artists, pilots,, military officers, ranchers, bankers, actors and scientists of many kinds. Some of us had famous parents and some us wandered in from the other side of the tracks. In spite of being nearly all white and straight (definitely don’t ask - don’t tell) we included native Mexicans, Indians, Venezuelans, Cubans, Hungarians and Swedes.

We were a very diverse band of brothers before diversity was cool. There were many differences in style but NO difference in values. I must admit though; I can’t recall a single education or sociology major.

The fraternity experience made me a better version of me and I had lots of company. It was damn good company.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Social justice anywhere is injustice everywhere. Abort.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

Maybe just tell both sexes not to be sluts. You are an intelligent human being - not a chimpanzee.

NKP చెప్పారు...

I was in a frat. Kind of a civilizing experience. Forced guys to get to know ALL their neighbors, cooperate with them, understand and even like some they’d never pay attention to, otherwise.

We ate lunch and dinner together - and wore jacket ant tie to dinner. And took turns escorting the House Mother to dinner.
Among the Greeks, we were notable as the wild bunch. More than a few varsity.athletes, bands, babes and booze in the basement on weekends. Women not allowed above ground floor. Every member was assigned a part of the house to maintain and make sparkle.

Freshmen who ignored the “code” got paddled and shamed.

One of us was student body president, one of us edited the campus newspaper, one of us became the head of tribal government for the huge Indian Reservation that produced him and one of us became president of the university’s alumni association. We became doctors and lawyers and such, business owners, engineers, artists, pilots,, military officers, ranchers, bankers, actors and scientists of many kinds. Some of us had famous parents and some us wandered in from the other side of the tracks. In spite of being nearly all white and straight (definitely don’t ask - don’t tell) we included native Mexicans, Indians, Venezuelans, Cubans, Hungarians and Swedes.

We were a very diverse band of brothers before diversity was cool. There were many differences in style but NO difference in values. I must admit though; I can’t recall a single education or sociology major.

The fraternity experience made me a better version of me and I had lots of company. It was damn good company.

n.n చెప్పారు...
ఈ కామెంట్‌ను రచయిత తీసివేశారు.
bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

Millions of years of evolution and thousands of years of social development have made males jump through hoops to be given access to females, and females do all they can to attract them, but the access is supposed to be controlled by the female; otherwise, males have no need to work for it. The modern social contract enforces that even more strongly today, but it breaks down when females stop choosing and just leave the door unlocked.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Roe, Roe, Roe your baby, down the river Styx. Vive la [sexual] revolution!

n.n చెప్పారు...

It's all very ethical, a relative state of morality, a Pro-Choice religion. Just do it!

Shouting Thomas చెప్పారు...

Religious indoctrination in traditional Judeo/Christian ethics is a very good way to teach respecting others and not being a monster.

wendybar చెప్పారు...

reposted from this morning. Article from American Thinker.
wendybar said...
Yeah, why??? I have seen some antics from women who were drunk and they were the aggressors. This is why you don't get yourself into these situations to begin with.....

link text

10/5/26, 3:02 AM

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2026/10/the-glaring-double-standards-in-the-cornell-rape-case/

n.n చెప్పారు...

Papa, don't let your sons evolve to become dickheads.

Mama, don't let your girls progress to wear pussy hats.

SGT Ted చెప్పారు...

I told my son that any girl his age (High School) that was trying to get in his pants, or wanted him to get in their pants, most likely had mental and toxic behavior issues and he should avoid them.

Mary Beth చెప్పారు...

I don't think it's that hard to teach good values to your children and that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do that thing.

Some people think the world is there for them to take whatever they can get away with. They raise their children to think the same way. I doubt articles like this will make them change their behavior except to be more careful about getting caught.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Innocent by reason of temporary hormonal imbalance. At least no one was Planned.

Two-eyed Jack చెప్పారు...

Cornell frats have always ranged widely in character. Each successive class attracted and admitted pledges like themselves, intensifying the distinctive elements. Some were filled with lunkheads, others were quite academic. There was never enough student housing, so frats and sororities solved a real problem: where to live. I myself have been more disturbed by the Cornell administration, over the years, than anything in the Greek system.

Breezy చెప్పారు...

Given the amount of alcohol and drugs, it’s not clear to me that any account of what happened can be considered reliable. I know I had a hard time remembering details of happenings when I had too much to drink…. (A long time ago, or maybe it was last week…,)?)

We drank beer with our boys before they went off to school so they would understand its effects and we could discuss it with them well before engaging in any drinking that goes on in college.

Ignorance is Bliss చెప్పారు...

I've heard a lot of criticism of the 57 people on the group chat for not stepping in.
I'm naive, and was not part of greek life while at college many years ago. But if I was at a party, and a message was sent saying free pussy in such-and-such room, my thought would not be Oh, I'm being invited to join a gang rape.
I would think there was a woman there who had indicated a willingness to have sex with multiple men with whom she was not romantically involved.

If this happened first semester of freshman year I would have thought that something was wrong, because that's not how women view sex.

By second semester of freshman year I was no longer that naive.

HoodlumDoodlum చెప్పారు...

Odd lack of curiosity about what fathers and mothers should teach their daughters about participating in group sex, doing drugs, etc.
Back to the "boys & men have responsibilities, women have rights" rubric I guess.

WK చెప్పారు...

It hasnt been stated explicitly but I am assuming all the guidance, warnings and caveats apply to one male and multiple female encounters?

n.n చెప్పారు...

The first rule of social liberal club is privacy. The second rule of social liberal club is privacy. The third rule of social liberal club is clinical sterility.

loudogblog చెప్పారు...

What are the fathers telling their sons about Cornell?

If they're smart, they'll use this as an example about how inappropriate it is for people to start making judgements about things without knowing all of the facts. They can also use it as a warning about the evils of gossip. Some of the oldest literature we have reminds people of the evils of gossip, but it's a problem that humans just can't seem to grow out of.

FullMoon చెప్పారు...

Kinda curious whether the woman had engaged in this sort of activity before. "Kids" these days have different attitudes towards sex than pre-internet and availability of widespread free pornography. In a world where trans-sexual is accepted, multi partner engagements not as rare as the good old days.

n.n చెప్పారు...

A hole is a hole is a hole, a prop of equitable inclusion, a prop of empathetic and sympathetic construct, thus the sociopolitical liberalization of the back... black hole... whore h/t NAACP at the transition of sex, gender, and hedonistic indulgence. Maybe, baby. Baby, maybe.

Wilbur చెప్పారు...

Ignorance is Bliss +1

Leland చెప్పారు...

It seems from statements by the woman at the time. She consented to the threesome, because she thought the guy she went to visit was gay and that having another guy present would get him to have sex with her. That’s what she said (not the internet joke, but what she told investigators at the time). I provide for those discussing the morality of the men that initiated this. What would you tell your gay son about women wanting to have sex with them?

Sydney చెప్పారు...

My parents didn't talk to me about such things, but I had a sixth grade teacher who did. I distinctly remember her telling us that there was a point in sex (I think she said making out) at which there was no return for boys, so it was up to us not to let things get to that point. My memory is that she was talking to the whole class, meaning both sexes had the responsibility to not let things get to the point of no return.

Gospace చెప్పారు...

Though it still is around, my guess is 𝘎𝘰𝘰𝘧𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘎𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵 isn't as widespread as it was when I was young. Or perhaps liberal teachers tech that Goofus is just misunderstood and his behavior is excusable because of he's poor or something.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Bad boys, bad boys, what are you going to do, when a bad girl sympathizes with you?

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

"What Are Fathers Telling Their Sons About Cornell?"

"Son, there's this thing called Feminism. And it hates little boys. Watch out for them. They are the scariest monsters on the planet. They wanted to kill you when you were inside mommy's uterus. But we stopped them, because we love you so much."

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

"You don't want to be a caboose on the sex train. It's really dirty and later on, you go to jail."

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

I am assuming all the guidance, warnings and caveats apply to one male and multiple female encounters?

They get a celebrated cover story in Cosmopolitan, and everybody is rich overnight. Up until they decide to blame the one male for everything.

He Raped Six Women in One Night

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

"Don't play doctor with anybody."

Caroline చెప్పారు...

Fathers and mothers should talk about sex in an age appropriate way, and in the context of marriage. What is sex FOR is something our young people, particularly women, are spectacularly disconnected from. Sex is to make babies and start a family. Wander outside of that, and find trouble. We certainly drilled it into our son, during high school in the oughts, what the risks were with hookup culture— and that getting a girl pregnant would not be the worst of it: there would be a good chance she would regret the encounter and accuse him of rape. I do not understand how any sentient guy in this day and age does not see this one coming.
We need a return to chastity.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

"Definitely don't play gynecologist or abortionist. You can play foot doctor, that's okay. You can play foot doctor, eye doctor, ear, nose and throat doctor, neurologist, and cardiologist."

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

My parents trained me with this book. None of that stork shit for me! I got the cartoon science early.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

Ever since then, I've been spreading the truth on street corners and the internet. 'Have you heard about babies in the uterus? That's a thing."

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

"There's this horrible monster called the Green Nude Eel, and it's looking for little boys to eat. And the little boys went to hide in a fraternity. And the Green Nude Eel yelled Rape Culture! Rape Culture!. And the Green Nude Eel started circling the boys, seven of them, and squeezed and squeezed. The Green Nude Eel constricted the boys, until all the money went flying out of their pockets. And the Green Nude Eel kept squeezing, until their eyeballs popped out. And then the Green Nude Eel left them for dead, and slithered away. Good night. Don't let the bedbugs bite. Check for bedbugs. Do you have bedbugs?"

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

I introduce them to Ring of Fire early.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

I will tell my daughters that they cannot go to a fraternity party unless they bring their Golden Retriever with them. And do not separate.

The nice thing about bringing your Golden Retriever to the fraternity party is that you do not drink too much, because you are responsible for your Golden Retriever.

But the really nice thing is that the Golden Retriever has got your back. Seven drunk guys are nothing to a big dog who loves you.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

"Intimacy is fragile and needs to be protected."

Eva Marie చెప్పారు...

The title of the second book “My Body! What I Say Goes!” could be the motto of the Cornell Jane Doe - at least till she changed her story.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...
ఈ కామెంట్‌ను రచయిత తీసివేశారు.
Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

Liam ought to make his whole family watch Taken on St. Paddy's Day. And then you crank call all the fraternities. "My daughter better come home safe," he says, in an Irish accent. "I have a special set of skills."

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

I like Taken because of all the violence, the car chases, the daddy love, the uselessness of feminism, the hostility to the Islamic rape gangs, the upsetting of the corrupt police state, and the Irish accent.

Iman చెప్పారు...

Peachy Keenan
@KeenanPeachy

Note that you will never see a liberal magazine asking mothers to talk to their college-age daughters about it

Leora చెప్పారు...

The Golden Rule is a classic.

Jim at చెప్పారు...

*I don't understand why this should be framed as a Men Versus Women issue. It's just horrible, stupid behavior all the way around, criminal or not.*

Because the women involved in this now are trying to make it criminal when - according to the DA - no crime was committed.

That's why.

JK Brown చెప్పారు...

Did Liam have some source of money not from his parents? My understanding is that fraternities, and sororities, are not cheap to join or to maintain membership.

Best to teach you children, sons and daughters, to stop and think before joining in on group/mob action. It will keep you off the streets in a protest, out of a group chat about an individual(s) whose actions may be questionable.

Oh, and from going inside the US Capitol with a mob when logic would dictate that a normally secure building suddenly with open access is a trap.

Big Mike చెప్పారు...

By the time the sons finish going through puberty the parents, but especially the father, should have inculcated in them the idea that it is a serious mistake to have sex with any woman you don’t like and respect. The sex is better, and there’s generally less risk of crabs or an STD. It’s not clear that there’s besides the risk factor that much difference between coitus with a girl you don’t respect and masturbation.

Joe Bar చెప్పారు...

What do we tell the girls?

Big Mike చెప్పారు...

As regards the Cornell 7, two of the accused individuals insist that not only did they not participate in the gangbang, but they were never even in the room. If they have some level of proof, I assume they’ll have a nice defamation suit available for them to pursue.

Another one of the 7 apparently only ever missed her. A kiss might be unwelcome, but how is it rape?

Another only received oral sex. That *has* to be consensual, unless his penis has teeth marks.

And at this point, I would not vote to convict a dog of chasing a cat on her word that she did not consent.

Rosalyn C. చెప్పారు...

I have a feeling it wasn't the group sex (consensual or not) which caused the trauma, it was the name calling afterwards. For that reason I don't think punishing the guys who participated is going to restore her reputation. Although some people might be delusional enough to believe punishing them makes her innocent or less guilty. "It wasn't her fault."
I recently watched an old 1950 cowboy movie on Amazon Prime -- "Winchester '73" with James Stewart and Shelley Winters. This movie would be perfect for high school students/college freshmen to see and discuss. In the Wild West even the town prostitute, a saloon girl, was treated with respect by the hero. So how do we explain the insane behavior taking place on university campuses in 2026? That's worthy of a discussion as well. Why are the children of affluent elite members of society behaving like wild animals?

hanuman_prodigious_leaper చెప్పారు...

Why are the children of affluent elite members of society behaving like wild animals?....

So what's their home life like?!

Mason G చెప్పారు...

'The boys were in a group initiation to see how far they could push things. The coach wasn’t doing anything to stop it. Without boundaries, without anyone stepping up, it would have devolved.'

It would have been instructive had the article described what the group initiation was (I mean- aside from "not violent, but loud posturing'). Is it possible the reason the coach wasn't doing anything about it was because he didn't consider it to be a problem? How does Mr. Concerned Dad know things would have devolved?

Without more information, it sounds like Mr. Concerned Dad has decided for everybody that there was something to be concerned about. And then convicted everyone else of not caring.

boatbuilder చెప్పారు...

I used to defend fraternities--typically local chapters of national fraternity organizations-- in my law practice (I would be retained by the insurance carriers for the national fraternities). Every national fraternity organization has explicit rules prohibiting local chapters and members from serving alcohol to underage persons, overserving, having parties where alcohol is served which are not catered by licensed third parties, using, selling or providing illicit drugs of any type, hazing of any form whatsoever, engaging in any form of sexual harassment or abuse, et cetera. They have specific programs that pledges and members are required to complete and certify that they are fully aware of those rules and that they will be expelled from both the national fraternity and the local chapter if they break them. In my experience, the national organizations thoroughly investigate any and all infractions which come to their attention, with a bias toward guilt on the part of the locals, and do not hesitate to expel and/or decertify members and/or chapters who are even suspected of breaking those rules.
They do this because they don't want to be sued.
I know this because it is very difficult to defend a local chapter when the national fraternity organization has revoked the charter and expelled the involved members for violating the rules that the members specifically acknowledged in writing that they understood.
It is also difficult to defend when the investigators from the national take detailed written statements from all of the involved members, which are subsequently discoverable by the plaintiff's lawyers.
I don't know what the situation was at Cornell, but I strongly suspect that all of the involved members were expelled as soon as the initial police report was issued, if not sooner.

RNB చెప్పారు...

Nobody involved in these festivities -- male or female -- seems to have been at all unfamiliar with alcohol, drugs, or group sex.

Kevin చెప్పారు...

"You read "Where the Wild Things Are" — things like that — and talk about what's going on there."

The cow says, "Moo!"
The frog says, "Ribbit!"
The pig says, "Oink!"
The girl says, "Don't touch me!"

Oso Negro చెప్పారు...

"Are fathers supposed to talk about gang rape to little boys?!" Comment assumes facts not in evidence.

Jim at చెప్పారు...

*Every national fraternity organization has explicit rules prohibiting local chapters and members from serving alcohol to underage persons, overserving, having parties where alcohol is served which are not catered by licensed third parties,...*

Things have certainly changed from when I was in a frat at WSU in early '80s.

There were keggers at every other house on Greek Row both Friday and Saturday nights. Every weekend. No ID check. Nothing.

Plenty of co-eds, very little hard alcohol and competitions to see which house could go through the most kegs in a particular weekend.

Homecoming drinking started at dawn on Monday and didn't really stop until the sun came up on Sunday.

No rapes. The only drugs may've been some pot which was prohibited from being smoked inside the House.

Plenty of beer, women, music and dancing. It's no wonder I didn't make grades.

boatbuilder చెప్పారు...

Yes. Things have changed a lot. Liability has a way of doing that.
As far as I could tell the party scene on most campuses is if possible even more insane. But the frats are not necessarily the focus.

కామెంట్‌ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.