22 సెప్టెంబర్, 2026

TrumpTV.

Background: "After Years as the Star of Must-See TV, Trump Faces the Sting of Cancellation/A boycott of the White House press pool by the major networks deprives the president of the oxygen of screen time. But he is still finding ways to get on the air" (NYT gift link).

So you get it: He doesn't need the fake-news networks. He's got a YouTube channel. Yeah, so do I....

33 కామెంట్‌లు:

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Good for Trump. I don't miss Trump on Fox News. Probably because I never watch fox news. I have no idea why Republicans keep going on and keeping that clown network afloat.

Ann Althouse చెప్పారు...

I haven't watched the news on network TV since Walter Cronkite signed off for the last time — 1981.

rehajm చెప్పారు...

all that depriving President Trump of oxygen- not a metaphor…

rehajm చెప్పారు...

…so he’s being sued for access at the same time they’re not using their access? I christen that move a Rosie O’Donnell. I give it less than a week before they cave…

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Fox only gets 2 million in primetime on average. Per Grok, only 24 percent of Americans watch TV news on a daily basis. No wonder Trump isn't upset at the boycott.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Nice to know that Fox News is sticking up for CNN. Because it wouldn't happen the other way round. But then Fox News is part of the MSM - they fired Roger Ailes and put Paul Ryan on their Board, and its now just the Mitt Romney network.

Mary Beth చెప్పారు...

It is so much easier for me to tune into a YouTube channel than it is to find where/if I can stream a news channel. I don't have cable and don't want to pay for the "live TV" services on streaming platforms.

D.D. Driver చెప్పారు...

Anyone else ever see the movie Idiocracy?

D.D. Driver చెప్పారు...

I actually don't really have a problem with a CSPAN like YouTube channel. But a government propaganda channel with Family Guy clips? Come on, MAGA? Really, guys? You fuckers get horny for this cringy shit? Don't you feel pathetic?

J L Oliver చెప్పారు...

Wine colored sea! Just finished rereading the Odyssey!

Dust Bunny Queen చెప్పారు...

I like the idea of seeing events, speeches, etc in a live mode....instead of selected out of context clips, is a good one. When you take things out of context...... only report what you want and hide the rest of the context that you don't want the public to see.....all we get on the receiving/watching end is distortion and lies.

This is why Trump and almost every other person in the public eye is leery of (hates) the media. They lie and distort.

I want to see the original content and make up MY own mind. Not be nudged or told what to believe.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Democrat Soviet press- you know the guys who go fishing with Newsum.. The press who gather around saint Hillary in an airplane, and hang on her every word and look at her longingly - almost with worshipful desire.
The press who admires the crease in Obama's pants.

Not an oldster. చెప్పారు...

You're no trump.

Not an oldster. చెప్పారు...

Lol althouse @ 853...

It shows.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Fox News has some great programming. The Five is popular and so is Gutfeld.

Islam and leftism - they have all sorts of Media - including Hasan Piker - who lives in a 3 million dollar mansion and who electrocutes his own dog.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

THE SOROS SOVIET MEDIA BANNED TRUMP FROM SOCIAL MEDIA - OVER THEIR OWN LIES.

Joe Bar చెప్పారు...

I have popcorn.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

I would allow CNN and Politico back - just never call on them.
BS NOW isn't actual news.

Temujin చెప్పారు...

Man...everyone really does have a YouTube channel.

Michael Fitzgerald చెప్పారు...

Boycott of the press pool deprives Trump of screen time???
I didn't realize that President Trump conducted the White House press briefing. I guess he must have taken that over when Karoline Leavitt left. Rubio would have but he was too busy being the new King of Greenland to do it.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

ABC is a joke. Right up there with BS NOW

Fred Drinkwater చెప్పారు...

White House press corps reporting has been utterly useless, or deliberately obscurantist, for decades. Bring back the swimming pool!

Hombre చెప్పారు...

Really? So the response of the mediaswine to excluding some of them from the press room is to cut him off from the public? Well that will make it easier for them to lie.

Indefinitely Extended Excursion™️ చెప్పారు...

Trump has dementia, he has checked out of every presidential activity. What's left of his mind meanders from thought to thought, until he decides to spew a usually incoherent stream of invective and gibberish. It's astounding that anyone assigns credence to his "plans" or "ideas", he is just the front man for whatever advisor is able to convince him to adopt their incompetently devised strategy.

rehajm చెప్పారు...

“Bring back the swimming pool!”

…that would be progress- can’t have any of that during the Trump administration, so say Hawaiian judges…

Fred Drinkwater చెప్పారు...

IEE needs trademark protection? Hmm...

John henry చెప్పారు...

The denial of coverage by other networks was pure kabuki.

It expired at midnite last night

They covered the Helipad inauguration but with the sound off as a symbol that they were not really covering it.

I loved the intro montage.

John Henry

John henry చెప్పారు...

Never seen a Family Guy show, not even that many clips. But I am a huge fan of the way PDJT get folks like D3 spun up.

Don't you ever get dizzly, D3?

D.D. Driver చెప్పారు...

Never seen a Family Guy show, not even that many clips. But I am a huge fan of the way PDJT get folks like D3 spun up.

You like this until the other side is in power then you cry like a little fucking girl.

Aggie చెప్పారు...

Let me see, now..... So, over 90% of the news coverage on Trump has been negative. I think I read this from the Pew Center or some other fairly neutral source. I.e., virtually all news coverage of Trump is negative, unless it's from News Max or Breitbart, who don't have significant market shares.

Now, they've banded together to deny Trump coverage, thinking this will injure him for midterms. But: Has he shut down an essentially negative newstream, one that is not very popular to begin with? And now, they're going 24/7 negative coverage on this particular subject, mostly. And no other, more or less.

I think the result might not be what they expect.

John henry చెప్పారు...

Remeber a month or 2 back when PDJT did a speech from the Oval and the news channels refused to broadcast it?

Well, except CBS. They did something very clever. Despicable but clever.

They broadcast the first 20-30 minutes of the speech straight. But then they brought in a panel of deepthinkers. Instead of broadcasting the actual speech, the panel listened to the speech and then commented "Well, now he is talking about X. The reason this is horrible, racist, stupid, whatever, is..."

No matter how hard I try like I can hate the media and journalists enough. (Except packaging press and packaging journalists)

John Henry

Marcus Bressler చెప్పారు...

You think you can hate the Legacy Media enough, but you never can.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Hee, huh?! Duh. Trump bypasses the legacy gatekeepers... of privilege.

కామెంట్‌ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.