Gasoline prices, supposedly, track with future prices on crude, since the entire industry operates on a cash basis, not credit. Oil had to be paid for when received, not a month or two later.
3 or 4 days ago the undiscounted gas price at the local Love's was $4.29. Yesterday it was $4.09, and I filled my car. Prices across the street were the same. This morning the price as I passed by was $4.39, a 7% increase, $4.29 across the street. This afternoon across the street was up to $4.39.
Gas prices in the wider geographic region vary by >50¢ a gallon, well more than a 10% variance. With no rhyme or reason as to whether it's brand name gasoline or not. And, it's a commodity item. How is it less at BJs when I go there? It's obviously not a loss leader.
There appears to be no rhyme or reason for consumer gas price variance. Yet, it exists, and has since I first started buying it in 1974 when I purchased my first car.
Anybody familiar with Joe Orton plays? I've never seen one performed, but I've read them all and they are the funniest comedies I've ever come across. Congreve was humorous. Sheridan was funny. Shaw and O'Neil have their moments. Orton is laugh-out-loud hilarity on every page. I recommend "Loot" and "What The Butler Saw" as the best of a small but excellent selection.
BREAKING: average diesel prices in the U.S. are less than 10 cents from reaching a record high, according to GasBuddy data at $5.72/gal and rising. https://x.com/GasBuddyGuy/status/2095230453678567829?s=20
US diesel prices soar as Donald Trump hauls in refiners
President holds White House meeting as fresh escalation in his Iran war threatens new inflationary spiral ~ FT
Refiners are making great profits on the crack spread as the result of Persian Gulf and Russian refineries at reduced levels as the result of the respective wars. Over the longer term, refining has been a lousy business as can be seen by the dozens of European and American refineries that have been shut down.
Trying to force American refineries to give up their temporary "windfall" profits when those profits reflect the supply-demand imbalance will lead to counterproductive results just as they did during the price control era of the 1970s. Focusing on a solution to the US-Iran and Russia-Ukraine wars will solve the problem but Trump has never been one to think more than one step ahead.
Once again, IEE (or whoever writes his tediously repetitious talking points) assumes that Trump doesn't have a plan because Trump isn't stupid enough to share it with IEE.
Over 40,000 customers without power between NYSEG, RG&E, and National Grid right now at 0145. I'm up because my dog decided she needed to go out...
Radar shows that southern and western NY are still getting hammered by thunderstorms. My daughter sent some pics from her house, a whole 20 miles south of us. Trees uprooted in her yard and branches scattered all over the roadways. Power was out, cell phones were working. I took a drive before midnight, I was up and restless. Went 10 miles south and turned around. The father south, the more leaves and twigs on the road, but no branches or limbs down. It's amazing what a few miles can mean in terms of weather severity. I was glad I went out. Saw some spectacular lighting displays off in the distance. Multicolor ones also. Lightning- nature's very own pyrotechnic display. Some of the lighting strokes made it daylight bright all around for a brief moment.
Linemen are out all over the state working overtime and raking in the big bucks. And they deserve every penny they're making. Both dangerous and miserable being up in the air in a bucket in wind and rain repairing wires. I'm willing to bet there are few if any illegal immigrants up in the air doing this tonight. Can't just give someone a license, wave your hands, and say- "This is a qualified lineman!" A job Americans can do.
The Soros/Clinton party never complain about taxing these rich people more. Where are all the "kill the rich people" assassins for them?????
New York Post @nypost Bill Clinton holds star-studded 80th birthday at Alex Soros' Hamptons mansion - but charges guests to attend more parties https://trib.al/Ys07Hs1
Since we are very rural, fallen trees knock out our power regularly. A few years ago I had a whole house natural gas generator installed. To say I love the thing would be an understatement. Powered is restored in seconds.
Pub @PubWanghaf · 13h And we all remember what happened LAST TIME she wasn’t able to emotionally handle something Quote Polymarket @Polymarket · 16h JUST IN: Lindsay Clancy's defense attorney warns she'll be unable to "emotionally handle" a retrial.
Gospace said, "There appears to be no rhyme or reason for consumer gas price variance. Yet, it exists, and has since I first started buying it in 1974 when I purchased my first car."
I live in the Maryland suburbs of DC. I have noticed a similar fluctuation in prices over the last few days just at our nearby 7-11 gas station. Also, gas is more expensive - by 5-10% - in the wealthier areas around where I live. That at least makes sense.
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Encourage Althouse by making a donation:
Make a 1-time donation or set up a monthly donation of any amount you choose:
21 కామెంట్లు:
Interesting trivia?
The last year congress passed a full budget was 1997.
The Letter J was invented by a man called “Gian Giorgio Trissino” in the year 1524.
But the letter J is not part of the traditional Italian alphabet. Neither is K, W, X, or Y. They are only used for foreign or loan words.
https://youtu.be/egqaEYX5VKQ?is=cv_hTNC_8K3-J_Py
Gasoline prices, supposedly, track with future prices on crude, since the entire industry operates on a cash basis, not credit. Oil had to be paid for when received, not a month or two later.
3 or 4 days ago the undiscounted gas price at the local Love's was $4.29. Yesterday it was $4.09, and I filled my car. Prices across the street were the same. This morning the price as I passed by was $4.39, a 7% increase, $4.29 across the street. This afternoon across the street was up to $4.39.
Gas prices in the wider geographic region vary by >50¢ a gallon, well more than a 10% variance. With no rhyme or reason as to whether it's brand name gasoline or not. And, it's a commodity item. How is it less at BJs when I go there? It's obviously not a loss leader.
There appears to be no rhyme or reason for consumer gas price variance. Yet, it exists, and has since I first started buying it in 1974 when I purchased my first car.
YouTube: THE TALK : Shia LaBeouf & Jordan Peterson talk for 3 min.
"THE TALK : Conversations that never took place between people who never met." ai is getting scary good.
Beyond memes. Modern Feminism Explained In One Photo
I'm not going to get political.
I’m afraid you ruined us for anything other than yesterday’s sunrise photos.
Anybody familiar with Joe Orton plays? I've never seen one performed, but I've read them all and they are the funniest comedies I've ever come across. Congreve was humorous. Sheridan was funny. Shaw and O'Neil have their moments. Orton is laugh-out-loud hilarity on every page. I recommend "Loot" and "What The Butler Saw" as the best of a small but excellent selection.
BREAKING: average diesel prices in the U.S. are less than 10 cents from reaching a record high, according to GasBuddy data at $5.72/gal and rising. https://x.com/GasBuddyGuy/status/2095230453678567829?s=20
US diesel prices soar as Donald Trump hauls in refiners
President holds White House meeting as fresh escalation in his Iran war threatens new inflationary spiral ~ FT
Refiners are making great profits on the crack spread as the result of Persian Gulf and Russian refineries at reduced levels as the result of the respective wars. Over the longer term, refining has been a lousy business as can be seen by the dozens of European and American refineries that have been shut down.
Trying to force American refineries to give up their temporary "windfall" profits when those profits reflect the supply-demand imbalance will lead to counterproductive results just as they did during the price control era of the 1970s. Focusing on a solution to the US-Iran and Russia-Ukraine wars will solve the problem but Trump has never been one to think more than one step ahead.
r/SipsTea video: "Women in Ceuta Spain line up for free pepper spray after thousands of migrants from Morocco entered the city"
In the voice of Tony Roberts (Alvy Singer's friend Rob, from "Annie Hall" (1977) : "I take it the migrants are mostly men."
Once again, IEE (or whoever writes his tediously repetitious talking points) assumes that Trump doesn't have a plan because Trump isn't stupid enough to share it with IEE.
Man who sets house on fire complains about burning homes
More gaslighting by Trump to his MAGA cult. It’s all the oil companies fault and nothing to do with "my war".
IEE accuses others of gaslighting? Hahahaha! Please go peddle your borrowed talking points somewhere else, troll-boy.
We need buwaya to tell us what's going on in Spain.
This is my favorite season of The Apprentice.
Over 40,000 customers without power between NYSEG, RG&E, and National Grid right now at 0145. I'm up because my dog decided she needed to go out...
Radar shows that southern and western NY are still getting hammered by thunderstorms. My daughter sent some pics from her house, a whole 20 miles south of us. Trees uprooted in her yard and branches scattered all over the roadways. Power was out, cell phones were working. I took a drive before midnight, I was up and restless. Went 10 miles south and turned around. The father south, the more leaves and twigs on the road, but no branches or limbs down. It's amazing what a few miles can mean in terms of weather severity. I was glad I went out. Saw some spectacular lighting displays off in the distance. Multicolor ones also. Lightning- nature's very own pyrotechnic display. Some of the lighting strokes made it daylight bright all around for a brief moment.
Linemen are out all over the state working overtime and raking in the big bucks. And they deserve every penny they're making. Both dangerous and miserable being up in the air in a bucket in wind and rain repairing wires. I'm willing to bet there are few if any illegal immigrants up in the air doing this tonight. Can't just give someone a license, wave your hands, and say- "This is a qualified lineman!" A job Americans can do.
The Soros/Clinton party never complain about taxing these rich people more. Where are all the "kill the rich people" assassins for them?????
New York Post
@nypost
Bill Clinton holds star-studded 80th birthday at Alex Soros' Hamptons mansion - but charges guests to attend more parties https://trib.al/Ys07Hs1
https://x.com/nypost/status/2095147756109136180?s=20
Since we are very rural, fallen trees knock out our power regularly. A few years ago I had a whole house natural gas generator installed. To say I love the thing would be an understatement. Powered is restored in seconds.
Motor City Muslim Abdul Rahman Mohammed al-Sayed’s latest campaign utterance: “If you want to achieve the American dream, move to Canada”.
The UAW workers in Michigan should jump on board with that *cough*.
Pub
@PubWanghaf
·
13h
And we all remember what happened LAST TIME she wasn’t able to emotionally handle something
Quote
Polymarket
@Polymarket
·
16h
JUST IN: Lindsay Clancy's defense attorney warns she'll be unable to "emotionally handle" a retrial.
https://x.com/PubWanghaf/status/2095234750655111565?s=20
Gospace said, "There appears to be no rhyme or reason for consumer gas price variance. Yet, it exists, and has since I first started buying it in 1974 when I purchased my first car."
I live in the Maryland suburbs of DC. I have noticed a similar fluctuation in prices over the last few days just at our nearby 7-11 gas station. Also, gas is more expensive - by 5-10% - in the wealthier areas around where I live. That at least makes sense.
కామెంట్ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.