19 సెప్టెంబర్, 2026

"It's unclear where the name Rose Bean originated from... however Gaga has a large rose down her spine..."

"... that she got to commemorate her performance of 'La Vie En Rose' in the film 'A Star is Born.' The middle name Bean may have been inspired by singer/activist Carl Bean -- whom her hit 'I Was Born This Way' pulled inspo from."

From "Lady Gaga & Michael Polansky/We Have a Baby Girl... Name Revealed" (TMZ).

Well, that's nice. I'm not named after my mother's tattoo. Are you?

I'm only reading TMZ because "CARROT TOP/HOSPITALIZED AFTER ATTEMPTED SUICIDE." Not seeing any reason. I hope he's okay. He's been treated unfairly over the years by people who think it's funny to say he's not funny.

Joe Rogan took issue with those people last year when Carrot Top appeared on the podcast: "I think you took way too much shit from comedians and I never understood it... the weird thing that comedians do where they hate on other comedians. Like good lord, we live in a world that is filled with war and famine and disease and pollution and garbage and chaos and corruption and you want to concentrate on a prop comic. Is that is that really what the problem is in this world?"

27 కామెంట్‌లు:

Temujin చెప్పారు...

I was named after an argument my parents had.

Carrot Top has taken a lot of trash over the years. And clearly it's taken its toll. It is peculiarly weird how comedians will group up against one of their own. You would think they're all about making people smile or laugh. But in reality, they're just like everyone else, except that we have to show up for work. (Just kidding. You comedians out there, don't get upset.) But like everyone else, there will be cliques and societal castes of comedians. Those who consider themselves artists, or 'cutting edge' because they name body parts in their act. There are those who front whatever the leftist cause of the month is. There are the equality insulters, digging at everyone. And there are those who are just funny just talking about everyday stuff.

Given all these, the red haired guy who acts goofy and calls himself 'Carrot Top' might not be sophisticated enough for those who consider themselves 'edgy'. So they crap all over him like high schoolers.

Bob Boyd చెప్పారు...

"I'm not named after my mother's tattoo. Are you?"

Mom's named after my tattoo.

Original Mike చెప్పారు...

I was "Carrot Top" as a child. I survived it.

n.n చెప్పారు...

An attempted Clancy-cide, a selfie-abortion, less the mass planned parenthood.

Dave Begley చెప్పారు...

Stefani Germanotta Is a Sacred Heart alum. Now that she has a daughter, I’m surprised she’s not married.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

I like him. He seems like a genuine humble guy anybody could talk to.

Kirk Parker చెప్పారు...

Temujin,

> I was named after an argument my parents had

Ah, so your given name is Makeup Sex? Must have been fun for you in 7th grade..

boatbuilder చెప్పారు...

AI tells me that Carrot Top makes roughly $7 Million a year with his Vegas gig and is worth $75 to $80 Million.

As Dr. Emilio Lizardo so eloquently put it: "Laugha while you can, amonkey boy!"

boatbuilder చెప్పారు...

I do hope he's OK. But I always thought that a key part of his schtick was that his stuff was goofy and not particularly clever or funny. But maybe I got that wrong.

Bob Boyd చెప్పారు...

There's some sad things known to man
But ain't too much sadder than
The tears of a clown
When there's no one around

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Kurt Cobain and what's her name - used "Bean" as a middle name for their daughter. Francis Bean, I think?

Gerda Sprinchorn చెప్పారు...

Best standup comedy show ever: Richard Pryor: Live in Concert (1979)

Danno చెప్పారు...

Back in the day tatoos were for sailors who drank too much on their shore leave. Now days it is a status symbol for mostly the younger generations, many of whom are spending money that could be better used elsewhere.

boatbuilder చెప్పారు...

Not to pile on, but this is pretty funny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKmadR4Ye54

Dude1394 చెప్పారు...

Democrats…. Just democrats.

donald చెప్పారు...

Thompson is from just outside Merritt Island. Accomplished hunter and fisherman, also did serious work helping his dad build their house. I never got into him, but when you hear him talk about his life, he is the kinda kid I grew up with. Gotta say, this saddens me.

This is also the 53rd anniversary of the death of Gram Parsons. I forgot about it and I’m in Rancho Cucamonga right now. Gram Fest starts at 3:00PM!

Ice Nine చెప్పారు...

Sorry to hear that. Carrot Top chose his stage name poorly, he's a freaky guy, and because he's primarily a prop comedian he's kind of thought of as a joke - but he is actually a very funny guy. I've seen a couple of interviews with him - one of them Bill Maher, IIRC - and he is hilarious. He's clever and just one of those naturally funny people.

John henry చెప్పారు...

Goya makes great habicuelas rosada

Rose beans in English

Also called pink beans.

I would not name a kid after them though. Not even if the last name was unanue

John Henry

Josephbleau చెప్పారు...

Too bad about Carrot top. That’s what “artists” get into mentally when they don’t treat it as a business and get all emotional. If you are making money that’s it, don’t worry about the glory of your craft.

At the risk of going too far I hope he used a big plastic weight with 1000 lbs stamped on it.

Eva Marie చెప్పారు...

Thank you for the Carrot Top link. Hoping for the best for him.

Lazarus చెప్పారు...

I am reminded of non-binary or trans professor Beans Velocci.

Of course, there is also actress Beanie Feldstein, sister of actor Joshua Hill. Jazzman Coleman Hawkins was known as "Hawk" or "Beans," but it wasn't his given name.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

In addition to being far too rich to kill himself, he's also too busy.
"Carrot Top (Scott Thompson) has been performing at the Luxor Hotel and Casino since November 22, 2005, making it the longest-running comedy residency in Las Vegas history — nearly 21 years. He performs about 300 shows a year in the Atrium Showroom, and recently extended his contract through 2030. "
I could walk from my house to his show, and I've never seen him. I need to do it before it's too late.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Veggiecide.

Iman చెప్పారు...

Sorry to hear about this. As far as him being funny or not, he did a bit on “Reno 911”, where he was a disgruntled guest tossing stuff (TVs, etc.) off a 2nd story balcony of a motel into the pool that was hilarious. My only exposure to him.

Tom T. చెప్పారు...

Interesting that Gaga ended up so conventional. Settled down with a really rich guy and had a kid.

Carrot Top messed up his face with bad plastic surgery, and he got swole so fast that he was likely using steroids. Determined to stay unmarried, no kids. I'm sure he's taken a lot of crap over the years, but he seems to have always had a streak of self-hatred. Probably most stand-up comics do.

Dave చెప్పారు...

Did she divorce? She was married before. Here's an interview, with I guess, her former husband. Seems like a really great guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkJ221t0h5Y

Brian McKim and/or Traci Skene చెప్పారు...

Saw his show, back in 2016 or so. Hung with him afterward in the green room (a great green room, btw, rivaled only by the laugh Factory green room, which was demolished along with the Tropicana). Great comic, great writer, decent bloke offstage. Sad to think he's in such pain.

కామెంట్‌ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.