September 1, 2026

"I enjoy it. From throwing on some wacky stuff to some really slick stuff," said Travis Kelce.



More Kelce fashion-talk: "I kind of take bits and pieces from everybody and everything that I see, and just kind of change things around depending on which situation I’m in and what event I’m going to.”

Why do I find this so funny? "Dog Dad"... the posing... posing as nonchalant.

22 comments:

Achilles said...

They are just letting everyone know it is OK to not have Children.

Vogue is cancer.

tommyesq said...

Guess I won't pick him for Fantasy Football.

Blair said...

People who use the term "Pet Parent" or any variation thereof need to be herded into camps and turned into soap.

Sydney said...

Do you suppose those dark clothes are covered in white dog hair? Never a good look.

Ann Althouse said...

The term "dog dad" is only in the title, not the article. I think the dog only comes up in this context: "Later, during a short car ride from The Plaza to Central Park—where more photos will be taken after an outfit change—Kelce and I are chatting about the photo shoot. I tell him that his dog is beautiful. “Are you kidding me?” he says, beaming. “She lights up my day.”"

Is it even his dog or is it a prop for the photoshoot. Lights up his day? Just this one day maybe? Well, it does say "his dog." Who would fake having a dog?

Ann Althouse said...

I asked Grok, "Why do I feel skeptical that the dog in the picture is really Kelce's dog?"

Grok: "The pictures are from a high-production Tommy Hilfiger shoot at The Plaza: perfect lighting, a dog that looks freshly groomed and show-ready, and a Samoyed that sits and poses like it belongs in a catalog. Fashion campaigns regularly hire trained animal models for exactly that reason—personal pets are less predictable. Combined with the fact that this was the first official public look at the dog (instead of a casual personal photo), it can feel staged. On top of that, the couple has been relatively private about it.... PEOPLE separately confirmed it is his actual pet....So the dog in the photos is almost certainly theirs—the journalist was there watching the crew fuss over it and then talked to Kelce about it off-set. The polished, campaign-perfect look is just what a professional shoot does to a photogenic Samoyed. Your skepticism is the natural reaction to “this looks too much like an ad” rather than “this looks like someone’s actual dog at home.""

Chest Rockwell said...

He seems kind of dumb.

Aggie said...

Dang, only married a couple of months to that harpie, and she's already got him pussy-whipped and posing in fashion magazines with gay dogs.

Aggie said...

And did Nick ask about the dog?

Smilin' Jack said...

Why all the hate? He’s happy, dog’s happy, Taylor’s happy. Good for them.

Josephbleau said...

It says he is a football player but I don’t know him, is he married to someone important? I have bought Tommy Hilfinger stuff off the bargain table a Nordstrom Rack and I always thought it was ok.

Wince said...

Is he now officially one of those “stay at home boyfriends.”

Josephbleau said...

As far as white sweaters, I got an RAF off white turtleneck, made like the real spitfire guys had, I have worn it for 20 years and it just keeps looking better the more I wear it.

techsan said...

"Dog dad" or "Cat mom" or all the permutations...well...um...aren't those all bestiality references? Words matter. For example: "Lake America".

mccullough said...

The photo composition grates. The building in the middle background assaults the eyes. The bush behind Kelce’s head looks menacing. And Kelce’s reclined pose detracts from any warmth. The dog may as well be a lamp.

hanuman_prodigious_leaper said...

Is Wintour laying claim to MetGala like Trump to Kennedy Center

Michael Fitzgerald said...

I'm with mccullough. You'd think that a fashion magazine would have photographers who knew how to compose a picture.

Ampersand said...

I admire people who manage to invent a big life for themselves. You go, Travis.

Ralph L said...

My step-monster made my dad get two Samoyeds, with a year or two of overlap. The male was unruly, rolling in mud he made, and would yank your arm out of its socket by running. I had the female for her last 1.5 yrs. She did not like being alone, especially during thunderstorms (split sofa cushion zipper and chewed up foam). Seeing a squirrel made her lose her mind, but otherwise, reasonably well behaved. Shedding wasn't as bad as you'd think. My cats were much worse.

Not an oldster. said...

That is one of the happiest looking dogs I have ever seen...
the cur on the right too.

Seriously, be happy for them, ann
I dont think that relationship is fake...

(Does Chris have some timely dish? Are they really both friends of Dorothy? Spill grrrl if you know something...)

Not an oldster. said...

Looks like Brian Urlacher

wendybar said...

Does he pay someone to dehair him from all that white dog hair when he wears all black???

Post a Comment

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.