🤣 LMAO! Marco Rubio just dropped this hilarious response to Sec. RFK Jr.'s diet
— Eric Daugherty (@EricLDaugh) August 11, 2026
Q: Have you adopted RFK's diet of red meat and fermented vegetables?
RUBIO: "No! This is a CRAZY diet. This is a diet that consists of eating sauerkraut and meat. Now you understand like this is… pic.twitter.com/qgaMNjsIhu

102 comments:
You gotta love Rubio.
As an aside, I love sauerkraut and meat. (sausage?). It sounds like he's going for the Wisconsin vote.
No. Take that back. He's against it. He's clearly NOT going for the Wisconsin vote.
“It comes in this beautiful foil package…”. That is priceless. I knew I liked him.
Mmm... Sauerkraut, with grilled bratwurst, and a side of [word] salad... served by the rising seas on a hot warming day by a girl wearing a teenie, weenie, yellow polka dot bikini, for the first time, today, tomorrow the Roman Empire! Is a sign of the climate change. Say cheese.
Rubio has always been kinda chubbeh cheeks.
The sauerkraut is replaceable with pickles or kim chi.
Rubio is just an addict. Addicts make many excuses for their behavior.
Despite my German heritage, I preferer kimchee to sauerkraut.
The purpose of the fermented foods for those that don't know is that it takes less bacterial activity for you to get the benefit from them.
Humans cannot digest anything that is plant based beyond breaking off glucose endings of carbohydrate chains. We have gastrointestinal tracts that are built to eat meat and eggs. Everything is digested by bacteria.Most of your feces is dead bacteria if you eat a standard american diet.
His wife is a dick.
Cabbage, borscht.... Russian innuendo? But, first, the beats of Maybe, baby... wearing a teenie, weenie, yellow polka dot bikini, for the first time Evers.
It is actually super convenient to just throw the frozen packs of ground beef and frozen steaks into a cooler when you travel. Keeps your condiments cold.
A few weeks ago, after RFKj talked the stuff up, my wife bought a jar, but it sits lonely and uneaten. I'm going to have to buy some bratwurst and eat it myself even though she's the one with the stomach issues.
PopTarts are OK but they're no substitute for donuts in the morning.
Peachy+2: I kinda agree with you.
It's not sustainable if you're downwind of it.
**Peachy+2 said...His wife is a dick.**
I thought their chemistry was endearing. Far from the robotic on-message we're so used to. Just the sort of low-key bickering you expect from a real marriage.
I eat sauerkraut almost every day. Non Pasteurized Bubbie's brand. High in probiotics. As a supplement to Florigen Digestion. To combat what ongoing antibiotics do to my gut health. Works great, and is tasty stuff. Also high fiber.
His wife is a dick. His dick is a prick. His prick is a trick... yadda, yadda. Pass the sour K-word.
pop tarts.. mmmm!
Rubio and Jeanette are a cute couple who keep it gay and lighthearted is a recipe for a sweet marriage... and sauerkraut with spare "ribs".
We all struggle with temptations and bad eating habits.
Maha is just a short way to say - learn better eating habits cut carbs and sugar, & lose some weight for your own good, and use your muscles. Americans are fat.
Rubio does not look over weight. His wife is annoying.
Make America Ha ha Again.
Tim - well that's a good point. Couples give each other a hard time all the time. Rubio of course handles all the things with grace and charm.
Ground beef, cabbage, and onion - cook it up in a dutch oven on the stove top.... add seasoning - lots of pepper and some old bay seasoning for a kick.
nom nom nom nom nom nom. Great in the winter.
a pop tart is a slice of cardboard with frosting.
Remember when the food pyramid was all grain based?
Maha changed that.
Leftists whine.
I bet Rubio chased Jeanette around the playground when courting her and Jeanette would "hit" him as boys and girls in love do. The sweet and sour of a lifetime served together.
ha ha ha
I love that clip. So funny. What a great dynamic the two of them have. Like Lucy and Ricky Ricardo. She wants him to go MAHA and he's like, "No, that's not sustainable. I'm not going to travel the world with coolers of sauerkraut." And then the reporter asks him the hardball question. "Are you MAHA?" And he's like, oh shit, I got to duck it. And he says, "I'm in favor of MAHA." (For other people!). And then his wife starts nagging him about his diet again. "Poptarts."
Now, what's brilliant about this, is that his wife and the reporter are now united, and they're both teasing him. Which makes this maybe the most positive media interview I've seen with a Republican in, I don't know, forever?
He is definitely running for President. This is introducing the new First Lady to the world. And it's amazing to me how they got this incredibly charming interview from the media.
Reporters (D) all want to tear down maha - mock maha - belittle maha. Never acquiesce to leftwing narratives.
His wife is a dick.
No, that's the play-nag. That's a great dynamic with a woman, in my opinion. Sparks.
“I thought their chemistry was endearing. Far from the robotic on-message we're so used to. Just the sort of low-key bickering you expect from a real marriage.”
I’m not a fan of people who do this to each other in the company of others. I’m very much not a fan when public figures do this to each other. Her first comment was ok, her second one wasn’t (in my opinion). When Laura Bush made it be known that she disagreed with her husband on policy, I thought that was wrong.
Rubio handled it well but that doesn’t make it ok. (In my opinion.)
Okay, the reporter's a Republican, Katie Miller. She's a podcaster and married to Stephen Miller. That's why they're all so relaxed. They're on the same side.
This is the dynamic that Democrats get with the mainstream media, all the time. Imagine a world where Republicans got this treatment from journalists!
For a minute there, I thought I was watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Maybe this is Everybody Loves Rubio.
MAHA, ha, ha in moderation is one of the small joys in life. Keep going, ladies and germs.
MAHA is advisory, not a policy to mask a mandate, which can be vexxxing for many people.
Hilarious!
A polka here. A polka there. Do the polka together with a side of rib-bing keeps the relationship sweet and healthy.
The wife is great.
MAHA, ha, ha. The girls are polka dancing with the boy. A cute time for all.
"I love that clip. So funny. What a great dynamic the two of them have. Like Lucy and Ricky Ricardo."
Ha ha. That's what we were saying here at Meadhouse.
I said they were like a sitcom couple and Meade said "Lucy and Desi."
I thought the dynamic between Rubio and his wife was great. It was very light and playful. He seemed to like it and his riff with Pop-Tarts being a great American Invention was fun. It is nice to feel minorly transgressive like that.
The mean girl instinct runs deep. Something evolutionary brings it out in the presence of a desirable male.
Marco is my clear favorite for 2024.
I met him twice. His Q score (likeability) must be through the roof.
If Marco and his wife were Democrats, they would be the Democrat POTUS candidates in 2028. 99% sure.
It could be one of these days... but I don't think say. Keep it light, seriously.
Do you need to put sauerkraut in a cooler? I thought that was the whole point of preservation by fermentation: it's already spoiled! CC, JSM
Wow. I didn't watch the whole thing until I read the comments.
Her first comment was OK. If Marco is eating garbage it is OK to say he is eating garbage once. People should be called out in a constructive way.
When she started arguing she went from constructive criticism to destructive.
If you ever try to get people to change their diet you learn that this is a very very very very touchy subject and you will not convince anyone with language like this.
When she starts attacking him she crosses a line and she is trying to elevate herself rather than helping someone else.
You generally have insulated bags. The sauerkraut just goes right next to the frozen beef.
Pull out whatever you plan to eat that evening and leave it on the counter.
“The mean girl instinct runs deep. Something evolutionary brings it out in the presence of a desirable male.”
I didn’t think she was mean, just not quite ready for prime time. Hillary Clinton used to do this to her husband a lot. Maybe that was meanness, but maybe she just wasn’t socially astute enough - which was a big problem with her throughout her carreer.
Marco Rubio is just not a diet guy:
“I tried keto once.
“It was a near-psychotic event for me. If I had been in this job while doing it, I would’ve been like, “Mr. President, we must bomb Paraguay.”
“And it’s like, why? I don’t know. I’m just really mad. I haven’t had any sugar.“
https://x.com/KatieMiller/status/2087539367858344415
"Do you need to put sauerkraut in a cooler? "
I think once you open it up for the first time you need to refrigerate it thereafter. The fermentation occurs in an anaerobic environment. Once oxygen is reintroduced bacteria can grow again, though it is slowed by the acidity and salt content.
@Peachy @Eva Did you feel that Rubio's wife was running him down publicly? Did you feel like she was hen pecking him? What didn't you like about her behavior?
"I didn’t think she was mean, just not quite ready for prime time."
I wasn't talking about her, Eva.
Lucy and Desi eventually broke up.
I like their back and forth. It’s clear she’s nagged him about pop tarts many times so he could just banter back. He’s an exceptional SoS. Godspeed to him.
By the way, Reuben sandwiches have corned beef and sauerkraut, as well as Swiss cheese and 1000 island dressing. It’s one of my favorite sandwiches - could eat one every day and be quite happy. I suppose I could drop the rye, have a Reuben bowl concoction…. Yeah I’m definitely trying that!
I hope at least that he will not be opening up a can of saurkraut on the same flight I am on.
John Henry
Last week: burritos. This week: sauerkraut. Getting tired of the fake news.
Eva Marie said...
“The mean girl instinct runs deep. Something evolutionary brings it out in the presence of a desirable male.”
I didn’t think she was mean, just not quite ready for prime time. Hillary Clinton used to do this to her husband a lot. Maybe that was meanness, but maybe she just wasn’t socially astute enough - which was a big problem with her throughout her carreer.
I wouldn't use Hillary and Bill as the example. Hillary was a textbook sociopath and Bill was a rapist.
My problem with the "presence of an attractive male" comment is that women don't start doing this in courtship. They only do it in a committed relationship.
For some reason once they have a man committed to them some women have a tendency to start tearing them down.
My theory is that women are always going to be attracted to the man who acts like the alpha and the biological perception is that the alpha male is the one that takes what he wants and smacks everyone else around. When a husband stops acting like alpha and is nice/empathetic she tries to make him into the meany that dominates the tribe.
It makes sense from a biological standpoint but people don't really look inward or try to understand why they do things.
Thinking about my above comment I have to amend it.
Most women do like men like Bill Clinton. Rubios wife deep down wants Marco to act more like Bill. That is why she treated him like this.
“Did you feel that Rubio's wife was running him down publicly?”
Yeah, I kinda did.
This dynamic isn’t just between spouses, but friends, families, and coworkers as well. If the recipient of the comments is socially skilled then things go smoothly. Rubio is excellent. He immediately changes the direction of the conversation with the Pop Tart bit and makes that what viewers remember.
If the recipient isn’t very socially adept then exchanges like that become uncomfortable. (Bill Clinton comes to mind.) Either way, I’m not a fan.
But I am definitely in the minority here, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt or a helping of sauerkraut.
What are you people talking about?! I see nothing wrong with Jeanette Rubio's responses. They have a little back and forth. It's adorable.
Maybe this is funny to me because I am not on board with MAHA, or poptarts. I think he's right about MAHA, and she's right about poptarts. Poptarts are disgusting. Put sauerkraut in them, if you really want to freak me out.
He's going to run for POTUS, so he has to play "The regular guy". Hence a bit about "Pop Tarts". But I'm shocked RFK only eats meat and sauerrkaut. I thought he'd eat veggies too. They're allowed on the Paleo diet.
Rubio's a fraud who charms people before sticking the knife in. Don't fall for the pretty face: remember The Gang of Eight. Learn about the fake, taxpayer-funded set-aside jobs invented for him; the Ray Sansom scandal, where he diddled with our community college tax money while letting others take the fall. He's just Al Cardenas' bagboy positioned to put lipstick on the pig of open borders. He lied to our faces in Florida. He's not intelligent. The last time I heard him speak to conservatives, in Orlando, the boos were so loud they drowned him out.
We know him, you see.
BTW, for the first time in my life I've been eating sauerkraut. I put a little on my plate with meat and it seems to allow me to eat less and still feel full. Maybe the placebo affect. But it does go well with pork chops.
Yeah, Rubio's a fake. he won the 2012 Senate nomination by attacking his R opponent (Christie?) as an Amnesty supporter. Then first thing he does when arriving at the senate, is he supports Amnesty. Even Limbaugh was shocked by the two-faced dishonesty.
Of course Mitt Romney did something similar. Asking Trump for his endorsement in 2018, not attacking Trump throughout the Senate campaign, and then in Jan 2019 proudly proclaiming in the WaPo that he was a member of the "resistance".
He has a private jet take him everywhere, no?
Unlike the rest of us, he *could* travel the world with a cooler full of sauerkraut.
"Original Mike said...
He has a private jet take him everywhere, no?"
Better he has a government jet.
How the U.S. Secretary of State Travels by Air
The Secretary of State typically travels by air on U.S. government aircraft rather than owning a personal plane. The most common is the Boeing C‑32, a modified Boeing 757‑200 known as Air Force Three Wikipedia. This aircraft is operated under the Special Air Mission designation by the U.S. Air Force’s 89th Airlift Wing and is equipped with:
Private cabin for the Secretary
Staff seating for aides and communications personnel
Secure communications systems for real-time coordination with Washington and foreign counterparts
Security features to protect the Secretary and sensitive information TravelPander+1
The call sign Air Force Three is used for any U.S. Air Force aircraft carrying the Secretary of State, distinguishing it from Air Force One (for the President) and Air Force Two (for the Vice President).
Does sauerkraut need a cooler?
Rcocean II: The thing that disturbed us so much about Rubio was how completely dishonest he had been to us on so many occasions while running. I spoke with some prominent Cuban leaders who had promoted him, good men all, and they were just shocked and embarassed by Gang of 8. Cardenas was at the same time shoving that fraud David French 1.0 down our throats and purging the ACU of actual conservatives who opposed open borders and supported law enforcement. I have from good sources that the Kochs, the ultimate deceptive leftitarians, were trying to decide whether to promote Cruz or Rubio, and Cruz was just too honest and resistant to being manipulated against his voters, so Rubio was given the entire nonprofit apparatus of the Kochs, who illegally used organizations like AFP to shovel cash and appearances and entire 501-c4 "conferences" to benefit Rubio. Cruz would never do that: he's truly brilliant and decent. If only he had grown that beard a few years earlier...
RCOCEAN II said...
He's going to run for POTUS, so he has to play "The regular guy". Hence a bit about "Pop Tarts". But I'm shocked RFK only eats meat and sauerrkaut. I thought he'd eat veggies too. They're allowed on the Paleo diet.
It is more of a logical stance to not eat vegetables.
We cannot digest plants. We get nothing from them. The minerals in them are shaped differently and have to be processed by the liver. We depend on bacteria in our gut to break down plant based food and get the nutrients out usually in a much less bioavailable form than we get from meat.
Animals with large stomachs that eat plants spend a lot more energy on digesting their food. That is why plant eaters have smaller brains because they don't have the energy to support more brain activity.
Kim Chi >>>> Sauerkraut.
I've seen this play out a number of times. Going through customs entering a country and a customs official in the next lane over has pulled aside an asian family (they're always asian) luggage open, full of food. Country's are very particular about allowing foreign food into their country, and the airlines are very explicit in their landing announcements. No food.
The politicization of food is one of the many low points in our otherwise spectacularly good modern life.
Tina, you know Marco Rubio is Trump's Secretary of State and his National Security Advisor, right?
Maybe you ought to send an email to the president, warning him of this threat from (checks notes)
"the gang of 8"
and
"the Koch brothers"
“I wasn’t talking about her, Eva.”
Grandma’s old, but she’s slow. I don’t think that was my intent, but who knows. And since I’m questioning Rubio’s wife’s motivation, turnabout is fair play.
St. Croix: I did this for a living for decades. Take my prompts for your own information, or not. I'm using my real experiences and real name, by the way. They can be fact-checked. Yours cannot because you do not use your real name. If Rubio is the candidate, I will of course vote for him. Politics can be approached strategically or not.
Original Mike: I thought you were a Grady doctor. Can't recall why now. It is very dangerous to put fresh (refridgerated fermented foods) on a shelf. You can buy canned sauerkraut and store it until opened, but the refridgerated version has better stuff for your gut. My husband likes a fat pig knuckle boiled in fresh sauerkraut with Czech sausages and celeriac root.
I do not. But he recommends it. Celeriac is nice, though.
Cooler as Olfactory Shield Barrier
How does RFK manage regular supply of roadkill for protein?!
Marco Rubio; first campaign podcast visit, trying to be "just a regular guy", with pert nagging wife.
St. Croix: I did this for a living for decades. Take my prompts for your own information, or not.
Yeah, I often like your stuff. Thanks for contributing.
I'm using my real experiences and real name, by the way. They can be fact-checked. Yours cannot because you do not use your real name.
You're saying I cannot prove that Rubio is the Secretary of State and the National Security Advisor?
Rubio was given the entire nonprofit apparatus of the Kochs, who illegally used organizations like AFP to shovel cash and appearances and entire 501-c4 "conferences" to benefit Rubio.
You're saying I can "fact-check" this because you have provided the name Tina Trent? I can't fact-check this horseshit. Since you're alleging our Secretary of State and National Security Advisor committed crimes, why don't you substantiate the allegation? Provide a link to your work.
I'm Taylor Carmichael, by the way. Not that this proves anything.
Here's some stuff on the Koch brothers, Cruz and Rubio.
Time Magazine (Rubio was sharp on his feet, even back then). And he's spanking Jon (not George) Karl!
Ted Cruz is winning the race for Koch network cash.
If you want to criticize Trent's Trent comments on Rubio, do so directly.
"Tina, you know Marco Rubio is Trump's Secretary of State and his National Security Advisor, right?"
Is just snarky passive-aggressive crap.
Unlike others, I will never vote for Rubio if he's nominated. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil. We've gotten where we are with this "Gosh, we have to win this election no matter what". The Establishment thinks longterm. The D's think longterm. Only the Right votes for RINO traitors to keep the D's out of power for one election.
The R establishment has purity test. That's why they were nevertrump in 2016. The D's have purity tests. Only the Right doesn't have purity tests. We not only don't have purity tests, we elect our traitors to lead us.
People start with a common sense attitude - we need a big tent - and forget the reason for the big tent. You welcome those who believe mostly in what you want, but you don't put them in charge.
RCOCEAN II said...
BTW, for the first time in my life I've been eating sauerkraut. I put a little on my plate with meat and it seems to allow me to eat less and still feel full. Maybe the placebo affect. But it does go well with pork chops.
It isn't placebo. It is absolutely expected.
There are specific types of bacteria that produce butyrate and they release other signaling compounds that after several steps result in serotonin going to the brain through the vagus nerve. Amino acids/protein do the same thing.
You can also get butyrate by eating butter btw. Some types of olive oil. Sardines. The fermented foods are just one path.
I'd vote for the straight talker Mrs. Rubio.
A good example of being “passive-aggressive” is someone who hates the Jews. But he doesn’t want to say so out loud. And so he obsessively attacks the only Jewish state in the world, over and over.
Calling me “snarky” is fair.
"I'm witty, you're snarky, he's an asshole."
I can prepare sauerkraut a few different ways. I like it when it comes refrigerated. I understand that my German grandfather made his own. I was given a can of Publix sauerkraut that had a label that read, "SHREDDED". Does it come any other way? I thought kraut was shredded by its very nature after preparation. BTW, I eventually opened that can, heated a bit of it, and placed it atop my hot dog. I took a single bite and scraped the rest off. Quality it wasn't.
Hasan Piker and El -Sayed hate Jews.
So does that asshole Madmanni.
Madmanni supports Pakistan's Islamic state.
The Islamic males are funded and on the march.
Charlie Kirk warned us about this.
Don't ignore the Powerful and corrupt Islamic Lobby.
Funny one, Narr. Is that an actual quote? Sounds familiar, but I can't place it.
I'm an American. Born and bred. I'm not Israel first. Nor am I a Jewish Supremacist. Sorry if that makes people clench their fists in rage. Or cry like little girls who dropped their ice cream cone.
Mrs Duffy and I have had the magic for 39 years. Friends and family know and comment. I’ve been around plenty of couples without the magic. I can’t tell from the short clip, but I’d put money on them two having the magic.
Taylor Carmichael, it's time-consuming but not impossible to track Koch money back to Rubio. That was my job, stuff like that, for decades, and I also had decades of political experience and networking contacts to help me, and I don't expect you to put in that time. That's why I said take it or leave it, but I think I've honestly represented my credentials here and offered some leads to those who want to vet a candidate.
By the way, Taylor, I have accused Rubio of lyling, not crimes. And of course I know what he's doing now..The Kochs ultimately went with Rubio, not Cruz. I was there: you, apparently don't know much about the situation, which was fraught at the time. It was also my job to know, not yours. You can trust me or not. I don't care, really.
Tina Trent said...
Original Mike: I thought you were a Grady doctor. Can't recall why now. It is very dangerous to put fresh (refridgerated fermented foods) on a shelf. You can buy canned sauerkraut and store it until opened, but the refridgerated version has better stuff for your gut.
Boy, howdy. I can tell you. If Ole Rusty here is experiencing a blockage a couple of fork fulls of sauerkraut will slam my lower GI into high gear and then stand back. The result is, how you say, spectacular.
My comment was in the form of an old contest in New York Magazine (not Teh New Yorker NTTAWWT). I can't recall the name but it was something about declensions--
I'm a liberal, you're a lefty, she's a commie.
I'm a moderate conservative, you're a righty, she's a fascist.
Like that,
Post a Comment
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.